IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

19 hours ago, Grendel said:

I was provided a couple of recommendations not long ago from our friend, @Bones and today, those recommendations arrived;

They are the "Happy Death Day" films (1 & 2) and I was fortunate they arrived cased by the novel Halloween spooky season slip-cases, featured on select fliks this time of year. 😀

In addition, some long overdue Blu replacements for some much loved dvds.  🥰

Listing;

- Happy Death Day: 2017, Universal, Slip-case and amaray

- Happy Death Day 2 U: 2019, Universal, Slip-case and amaray

- Tales From The Darkside: 1990, Shout spec ed. slip-cased amaray

- Arachnophobia: 1990, Amblin, amaray

- The Spider: 1958, Shout, amaray

- Big Ass Spider: 1991, VVS Films, amaray

image.thumb.jpeg.97041edc97078e0b0d8a329dc37e90d2.jpeg

Thanks again for lighting a fire under me on these @Bones, long overdue!

Cheers  😀

Where did you get the slips from? Very Cool!

• Like 3

Awards

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening My Friends;

I was fortunate enough to receive a couple more items today that I thought I'd share with you. 🙂

But first, I'd like to take the opportunity to respond to some queries from above;

- @TAC I purchased those Happy DD Blus with the slips, from Amazon.ca

Here's a link, though the import and ship charge may outweigh the value for you, as many Amz.com (USA) offers currently do for me.  😟

https://www.amazon.ca/Happy-Death-Blu-ray-Sous-titres-français/dp/B08B35X5CJ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=8SSA9RXKVLPI&dchild=1&keywords=happy+death+day&qid=1600989701&s=dvd&sprefix=Happy+dea%2Cdvd%2C173&sr=1-4

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Next;

@RileyLad, you were asking for my thoughts and a couple pics of the Ara Media "Hamburger Hill" spec ed;

- I very much like it, as it adds a bit of style and class to a film that I assuredly think deserves it (if not a Premium!)

Here's a pic of the;

- back /disc

- slip art on the amaray

- booklet page example

- 4 art cards

image.thumb.jpeg.d49ced26f03c93a706ceacbe63f9a542.jpeg

Although I haven't spun the disc yet, I'm confident in Ara Media's work, they've been at this game a while, so, I'd recommend it!  🥰

Also, I cracked open The H&Co's Numbered and limited "Cloverfield".

I mentioned that my main reason for doing so was to provide a nice slip-cover to the beautifully embossed and debossed Steelbook.

Fortunately, I can report that the operation is a success, with one minor hicc-up.

The Steel slides in beautifully but the booklet is a bit thicker than anticipated, so is far too tight to squeeze in without stressing the glue on the slip's hinges.

No worries, it will still fit in the Protective PET slip I'll be putting on the box, so all good. 😀

Here's a pic of the contents of both;

(inside Steel art is same as inside amaray art)

image.thumb.jpeg.a65616eccd0863906f4435b17edbb86a.jpeg

I was surprised to see H&Co numbering their editions as of late.

This is apparently #7 of their "Masterpiece" line.

I rcv'd #428/600

I think I'll need to do a walkabout and see what #1-6 are of...

And, speaking of "Walkabout", I believe my copy is shipping from Zavvi right now.  😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening My Friends;

I was fortunate enough to receive a couple more items today that I thought I'd share with you. 🙂

But first, I'd like to take the opportunity to respond to some queries from above;

- @TAC I purchased those Happy DD Blus with the slips, from Amazon.ca

Here's a link, though the import and ship charge may outweigh the value for you, as many Amz.com (USA) offers currently do for me.  😟

https://www.amazon.ca/Happy-Death-Blu-ray-Sous-titres-français/dp/B08B35X5CJ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=8SSA9RXKVLPI&dchild=1&keywords=happy+death+day&qid=1600989701&s=dvd&sprefix=Happy+dea%2Cdvd%2C173&sr=1-4

Thank you very much! Love your collection posts as well!

• Like 3

Awards

I also received, today in fact, my Boxed edition of "Believer" from PA🤩

I've had the Blu Premium ed for a while now, but this one comes with;

- SteelBook

- 4 discs (ext Cut & Theatre cut: 4k/Blu)

- 3 books ( screenplay, artwork & storyboards, Novel)

- Postcard signed by the Director

- Print shot

image.thumb.jpeg.80c16bf6c73b9e5e17e84fe89c4f24e2.jpeg

I've mentioned before, I think the film is excellent.

It's pretty much the Korean official remake of the incredible Johnnie To's Hong Kong action masterpiece "Drug War" (2012).

Both are top drawer.  🥰

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I also received, today in fact, my Boxed edition of "Believer" from PA🤩

I've had the Blu Premium ed for a while now, but this one comes with;

- SteelBook

- 4 discs (ext Cut & Theatre cut: 4k/Blu)

- 3 books ( screenplay, artwork & storyboards, Novel)

- Postcard signed by the Director

- Print shot

image.thumb.jpeg.80c16bf6c73b9e5e17e84fe89c4f24e2.jpeg

I've mentioned before, I think the film is excellent.

It's pretty much the Korean official remake of the incredible Johnnie To's Hong Kong action masterpiece "Drug War" (2012).

Both are top drawer.  🥰

Literally came here to post the edition I received! I was wondering who signed it! 

This was an insane week! John Wick 1-2, and Believer showed up three days in a row. And Once Upon a Time in Hollywood showed up a week ago. Honestly, Plain Archive produces the most beautiful editions. I might just focus on these from now on. 

62D2246A-12E9-4BCB-B438-6F97ED4B91F6.jpeg

FB34464C-C081-4B75-8680-6C5DCB101441.jpeg

CF47A431-F1E5-4BB6-81C4-D988234CF31D.jpeg

A65BF189-AF91-4ADF-858F-1947C15E0059.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Last, I received a very special (to me) Blu-ray, of a film that deserves every accolade it receives.

I consider myself a bit more than just a film fan/enthusiast but also an ardent student of the art as well.

I have no desire to 'make' films but I have strong admiration for those that do, regardless of the quality they sometimes end up providing. 🤣

Well, it all had to start somewhere and one of the foremost pioneers in the craft was of course;

Georges Melies (1861-1938)

One of his most famous and noteworthy projects, was the (actually quite successful);

A Trip To The Moon: (1902 !)

Now, "Lobster Films" in concert with "Flicker Alley" performed a Lazarus on a discovered copy, lost for ages.

I won't go into the details but the documentary is contained on their Blu-ray release.

Arrow successfully bargained for release rights for UK and Europe (whilst they retained N.A. rights).

Their patience, allowed them time to also acquire the rights to publish the Man's Autobiography!

So, I just received the fruits of their labour;  🥳

image.thumb.jpeg.d84e42363babcdf25ea0a7b1870a2acb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cfae790f986438fdf328471be272739b.jpeg

Yeah, happy doesn't quite catch it all. I also have the Flicker Alley release and of course, should have included it here.

Ah, well, it will be posted in my "Lair" soon enough 😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 18

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

Hi @Christopher😀

Sorry buddy, didn't wanna steal your thunder!

You've provided some outstanding pics regardless my friend, gratz!  🥰

Oh, btw, that's not the Director's sig you have, that's the lead actor's:  Jin-woong Cho   🥳

No thunder stolen! This is my first pickup post at mediapyschoes and I think it’s awesome that we have consecutive posts for the same movie. The lead actor?! Oh amazing! Thank you!

• Like 2

I wanted to take a quick moment and express my heartfelt congrats to @LeGonze for his drop dead gorgeous Capt Marvel editions🥰  🥳  🤩

Thanks very much for sharing buddy!

You've taken some excellent pics and I very much look forward to seeing your other new treasures on arrival!

:Yes:  🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Finally got it guys!!

And I must say... It's a Beautiful Piece of Art!!!... :x

Thanks to our Brother @ksosk that gave us an amazing detailed explanation about it in the thread, check that out guys!

Again... I loooove everything about this... It screams Great Quality!!...

Everytime I receive something like this I feel soo happy and grateful to be part of this great community!!... :D

Thanks Again MP!! You guys Rock!! ;)

P.S. I noticed that it came with 2 different sticker style... I'm not sure but the previous releases came with the same sticker on all editions... I will have to check the previous ones... This was just another nice touch... :P

IMG_6473.jpg

IMG_6474.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6479.jpg

IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

IMG_6485.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

IMG_6489.jpg

IMG_6490.jpg

IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6492.jpg

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6495.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

IMG_6500.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6503.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

Benicio-Del-Toro-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-1437439498.gif.ffc0b1d8d23edbf7f2b342bf6b3160f1.gif

Now the real question is, which one is your favorite?*

*Disclaimer: the correct answer is A1 (tan/orange fullslip)

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

I wanted to take a quick moment and express my heartfelt congrats to @LeGonze for his drop dead gorgeous Capt Marvel editions🥰  🥳  🤩

Thanks very much for sharing buddy!

You've taken some excellent pics and I very much look forward to seeing your other new treasures on arrival!

:Yes:  🙂

source.gif

Thanks man!!... Really Appreciate it!!... :$xD

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Now the real question is, which one is your favorite?*

*Disclaimer: the correct answer is A1 (tan/orange fullslip)

Hahaa... I really Loooved all 3!!... I'm a LentiLover you know that so that one wins... This Lenti is Beautiful... 9_9

But as I got a Lenti Magnet with the OC I can pick a FS and use that Lenti as a Joker (This Lenti Magnet is Awesome!!)??... xD:P

• Like 4

Spoiler
11 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Finally got it guys!!

And I must say... It's a Beautiful Piece of Art!!!... :x

Thanks to our Brother @ksosk that gave us an amazing detailed explanation about it in the thread, check that out guys!

Again... I loooove everything about this... It screams Great Quality!!...

Everytime I receive something like this I feel soo happy and grateful to be part of this great community!!... :D

Thanks Again MP!! You guys Rock!! ;)

P.S. I noticed that it came with 2 different sticker style... I'm not sure but the previous releases came with the same sticker on all editions... I will have to check the previous ones... This was just another nice touch... :P

IMG_6473.jpg

IMG_6474.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6479.jpg

IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

IMG_6485.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

IMG_6489.jpg

IMG_6490.jpg

IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6492.jpg

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6495.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

IMG_6500.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6503.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

My Man!! I honestly think this is an MP first!

I cannot recall ever seeing anyone receive a 1-click and promptly open it all and share it! (Someone probably has, but I don’t remember it 😁) 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

giphy.gif

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My Man!! I honestly think this is an MP first!

I cannot recall ever seeing anyone receive a 1-click and promptly open it all and share it! (Someone probably has, but I don’t remember it 😁) 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

giphy.gif

Hahaa... Thanks man!!!... Maybe I know who else did it brother!!... :PxD

Definitely this is a thing of beauty... I’m a total WeET Lover... :x

• Like 2