IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

:wow: Our MP gang has been really hauling in the special editions I see!

I'm of course elated for all of you!

Of special note;

@Neil21Harris, may I inquire from where you purchased that lovely Steel for "The Cell" ? Definitely hope to pick that up if possible.  🥰 A beautiful array of other jewels as well!

@CAYENNE-FAHRER, very lovely statue of Smeagol/Gollum my friend! Have you purchased any of the other LotR statues?  😀

@Hardcore that a very impressive edition of Shawshank Redemption, very happy to see you managed to track down a long sought after treasure buddy. And, I too think that MLIFE release of 300 is one of the nicest editions in my collection. Very happy you were able to track one down!  🤩

Oh and @Carl, that is a gorgeous assortment of some very noteworthy fliks! Happy to have you join us here at MP and share pics of your treasures friend! 🤩

I'm sure I've missed a few but be assured, I adore seeing ALL these wonderful Blus find welcome homes with our esteemed members. Thanks so much for sharing folks!  🤗

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may take a moment, I'd love to share a pic of a very welcome new treasure to my collection as well;

Big Trouble In Little China:

Shout Factory (Special Edition)

Includes;

- A gorgeous Box with the "Porkchop Express" big rig emblazoned on the cover in gold

- contains the Shout spec ed Steel of this much beloved film

- also inside, the 7in. 45rpm record of the two noteworthy tracks: Side A "Porkchop Express" theme song and side B "Alley War"

- Spec ed slipped amaray, with a host of extras

- a gorgeous Litho of the SteeBook's art, and

- an incredible poster repro displaying the amaray slip art.

As this is one of my fave films ever, I was incredibly pleased to have the opportunity to still grab this set.  🥰

image.thumb.jpeg.c5a9e765b26f1c709298b7e86e713b97.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

If I may take a moment, I'd love to share a pic of a very welcome new treasure to my collection as well;

Includes;

- A gorgeous Box with the "Porkchop Express" big rig emblazoned on the cover in gold

- also inside, the 7in. 45rpm record of the two noteworthy tracks: Side A "Porkchop Express" theme song and side B "Alley War"

As this is one of my fave films ever, I was incredibly pleased to have the opportunity to still grab this set.  🥰

Bloody beautiful, mate. 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received a few other noted Blus as well;

List:

- Zu; Warriors Of The Magic Mountains: (1983, Nova, slipcase). A delicious fantasy from the indomitable Tsui Hark (Detective Dee fliks +more) John Carpenter states it was a huge influence on his "Big Trouble In Little China" so, you can imagine the wild and zany antics in this little treasure!)

- Lust:Caution: (2007, Nova Spec ed, Scanavo) Tense WWII drama of a Chinese partisan sent to seduce and kill a Japanese official in occupied Shanghai. One of Ang Lee's absolute best!

- Secret Window: (2004, Columbia, amaray)  based on recommendation from @RAK , @mjk & @Scary Hair , grabbed this taut thriller with Johnny being stalked.

- Sinister: (2012, Blumhouse, amaray) I thought I already had this, and when it arrived, I went to file it and yeah, I did. Go figure. Cute little Blumhouse spooky-tooth that helped usher in a tidal wave of similarly themed fliks. Haven't seen any sequels yet, may rectify that soon, unless I hear of a set forthcoming. 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.cacefcaca1aeee6512992912e239fc0b.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 8

And lastly (for this eve) 🙂 ;

I received my long awaited special edition of the UK 'Network' 1989 TV movie "The Woman In Black".

Purchased direct from Network.

Shown supported by the two Hammer productions of the same story(s).

Displayed;

- faded book style slipcase

- amaray edition (1 disc)

- reproduction of the 'Press Book'

- centred, the info booklet with commentary and pics

Support;

- Hammer Films, (2012 production), (Lenti slip amaray) I very much enjoyed this. and

- Hammer Films, WiB2 (2014), not quite the same calibre as the 1st but I enjoyed it on its' own level 🙂 (still looking for a damn slipcase, heh)

image.thumb.jpeg.35aa972f121fc1982bc25ed5f724a299.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 9

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Grendel:

:wow: Our MP gang has been really hauling in the special editions I see!

I'm of course elated for all of you!

Of special note;

@Neil21Harris, may I inquire from where you purchased that lovely Steel for "The Cell" ? Definitely hope to pick that up if possible.  🥰 A beautiful array of other jewels as well!

@CAYENNE-FAHRER, very lovely statue of Smeagol/Gollum my friend! Have you purchased any of the other LotR statues?  😀

@Hardcore that a very impressive edition of Shawshank Redemption, very happy to see you managed to track down a long sought after treasure buddy. And, I too think that MLIFE release of 300 is one of the nicest editions in my collection. Very happy you were able to track one down!  🤩

Oh and @Carl, that is a gorgeous assortment of some very noteworthy fliks! Happy to have you join us here at MP and share pics of your treasures friend! 🤩

I'm sure I've missed a few but be assured, I adore seeing ALL these wonderful Blus find welcome homes with our esteemed members. Thanks so much for sharing folks!  🤗

No, I was only interested in Gollum, but my colleague has it
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Grendel said:

Includes;

@Grendel

Easily in my top ten of all time if not top 5. My lovely wife got this set for me for xmas last year. It kind of started me on my path to collecting special editions and is one of the reasons im here 🤪!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Bones  oh, and @Fortis93 for your support of this great flik.

Checking my db, I now have 4 editions of it. 🥰

I'm anxious to check out my newly arrived edition of Zu; Warriors Of The Magic Mountains, (displayed above) as well, which Carpenter has stated greatly influenced his making of BTiLC.

Oh, I just remembered, I owe you a response with regards to Island of Dr Moreau @Bones 😀

It's getting late but I'll be sure to scribble something tomorrow buddy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Thanks @Bones  oh, and @Fortis93 for your support of this great flik.

Checking my db, I now have 4 editions of it. 🥰

I'm anxious to check out my newly arrived edition of Zu; Warriors Of The Magic Mountains, (displayed above) as well, which Carpenter has stated greatly influenced his making of BTiLC.

Oh, I just remembered, I owe you a response with regards to Island of Dr Moreau @Bones 😀

It's getting late but I'll be sure to scribble something tomorrow buddy.

Excellent selection of films there, mate.

You have good taste. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Absolutely beautiful arrival was waiting for me when I got home last night 

Amazing packaging by @blu.steel33 as always. Thank you @Masterblaster and everyone involved 💪 was hard to get it all in a pic,  loving the new MP bling.

Snapchat-1059821963~2.jpg

20200818_233533.jpg

20200818_233439.jpg

🥤great haul & congrats from your 💩friend😳

I'm really looking fwd. to that Matrix, The Conjuring and last but not least the swag from DD (if it ever gets to John & he remembers 🤓)

congrats...

happy for you congratulations GIF

• Like 1

🥤 Mail Call today! 🤠 🎬 😇 😷

0656A3E1-BB4F-4625-8283-D1F7292C3CE3.gif.06ab9e7c55e69b808c9fa9587a867e10.gif

🎞

Just arrived from our Mail lady a big cornucopia of goodies today, hey! 🙂

2C957E16-CE81-42AD-94EF-2E09284C2F22.jpeg.c4701884dbe733a237320e6445f29d63.jpeg

ZAVVI.com

SW: A New Hope 4K UHD/SB/BD

Amazon

Soldier BlueBD

It’s Alive trilogy BD

image.gif.fc2d9b6b4ded79ba2938174c143f4c24.gif

FLASH GORDON ARROW 4K UHD 

image.png.00e78155e32fc905975eaa5c389b7e3e.png

YOUR NAME BD/FILMATION DC

image.jpeg.a3586485588e4660b102524d14fb32cd.jpeg

THE LIVING DEAD AT MANCHESTER MORGUE BD/SB

THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY 4K UHD/BD

THE NEW YORK RIPPER 4K UHD/BD

F8D83B26-CD15-45AE-8DE9-8DCF1A9017F2.thumb.jpeg.ac55fbc6c8596519f484cdf8caa69742.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 10

So here's a picture I did not anticipate taking anytime soon. 🙂

I just received today, my slip-cased copy of "Split Second" starring Rutger Hauer from 101 Films, via Zavvi.

As I now have 4 copies of the flik, I thought a family photo would be in order.

For those unaware;

Essentially Hauer does his best Sam Spade impression as a hard smokin', hard drinkin', hard cussin', hit first-ask questions-never kinda cop, on the trail of a serial killer in a dystopic future London, where half the city and everyone's temper is under water.

He's teamed up with a book nerd rookie that at first, he has no time for but they soon get along, as they need to, in order to take down a killer that ain't exactly human.

For that, they're gonna need BIGGER GUNS!

List;

- Split Second: (1992) DVD, HBO Video release snap-pack. Was stupid rare for the longest time, no doubt cheap now but the artwork inside and the cover is still gorgeous!

- Same: Blu-ray, '84 release MediaBook. German and English friendly. Great art and a nice booklet included.

- Same: Blu-ray, Regions-ABC, MVD release, O-ring slipcover amaray. Very unique art and has a reversible slip insert on the amaray and a mini-poster inside. I believe 101 Films is disc source as the 4 hours of extras are same.

- Same:: Blu-ray, Region-B, 101 Films release, slip-cased amaray with collectable booklet. Essentially same discs as MVD.

I... LOVE this film! it's beyond cheesy and the cast is having a ball with it!  🥰

image.thumb.jpeg.e3edadf257ba85c4508195e08aed44aa.jpeg

I think @Scary Hair agrees...😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 9

44 minutes ago, Grendel said:

So here's a picture I did not anticipate taking anytime soon. 🙂

I just received today, my slip-cased copy of "Split Second" starring Rutger Hauer from 101 Films, via Zavvi.

As I now have 4 copies of the flik, I thought a family photo would be in order.

For those unaware;

Essentially Hauer does his best Sam Spade impression as a hard smokin', hard drinkin', hard cussin', hit first-ask questions-never kinda cop, on the trail of a serial killer in a dystopic future London, where half the city and everyone's temper is under water.

He's teamed up with a book nerd rookie that at first, he has no time for but they soon get along, as they need to, in order to take down a killer that ain't exactly human.

For that, they're gonna need BIGGER GUNS!

List;

- Split Second: (1992) DVD, HBO Video release snap-pack. Was stupid rare for the longest time, no doubt cheap now but the artwork inside and the cover is still gorgeous!

- Same: Blu-ray, '84 release MediaBook. German and English friendly. Great art and a nice booklet included.

- Same: Blu-ray, Regions-ABC, MVD release, O-ring slipcover amaray. Very unique art and has a reversible slip insert on the amaray and a mini-poster inside. I believe 101 Films is disc source as the 4 hours of extras are same.

- Same:: Blu-ray, Region-B, 101 Films release, slip-cased amaray with collectable booklet. Essentially same discs as MVD.

I... LOVE this film! it's beyond cheesy and the cast is having a ball with it!  🥰

image.thumb.jpeg.e3edadf257ba85c4508195e08aed44aa.jpeg

I think @Scary Hair agrees...😉

Nice one!

It may be 'beyond cheesy', but I think it's the good kind of cheese. It knows what it is and fully commits to offering a fun, entertaining ride.

I also think the great Rutger Hauer's partner, played by Alistair Duncan, is just as good here. The two definitely make an interesting pair.

• Like 3