IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

Thanks for taking one for the team, with the Arrow; Pitch Black purchase @RAKย  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Of course the presentation will be stellar (that's what Arrow does) and I bet there's a host of excellent extras on disc.

Did you by chance get a booklet in your copy?

With a pre-order, I would think so.

When you have chance to spin it up, I for one would appreciate learning your thoughts wrt PQ/AQ buddy.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

I have no doubt I'll purchase this ed soon enough but enjoy hearing your thoughts on beloved films as well.

I trust you'll be submitting a request for the FAC ed forthcoming? ๐Ÿ˜€

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Intentcoin said:

It was on sale, I couldn't help myself. It's better than expected though. Thanks to @CAYENNE-FAHRERย for promoting it in every GoT thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ and the guy who's username I forgot that told me about the sale ๐Ÿ˜…

That is a beautiful set. I saw the sale but couldn't bring myself to get it ๐Ÿ˜ช if it was 4k I would have jumped. I already had all the individual steelbooks that I actually hate๐Ÿ˜… but had to finish the set

• Like 2

Just now, mjk said:

That is a beautiful set. I saw the sale but couldn't bring myself to get it ๐Ÿ˜ช if it was 4k I would have jumped. I already had all the individual steelbooks that I actually hate๐Ÿ˜… but had to finish the set

Yeah I have those too. I might sell them and keep the magnets lol. I've already preordered the other steelbook set from best buy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wonderful purchase @Intentcoinย  ๐Ÿคฉย  ๐Ÿฅฐ

ย 

One of my most treasured Blu collectables.ย  ๐Ÿค—

ย 

ย 

edit: I just wanted to quickly mention, while I, like any other human, appreciate an opportunity to purchase items of this quality on sale, I sometimes get nervous that the bean-counters at the corps producing them, start to get a bit nervous about the quality to dollar aspect ratio it's their job, to account for and recommend cutting costs in the future.

I'd suggest, this particular set took at least 10 times the time and effort to finally accomplish than say, the SteelBook set.

However, if the SteelBook set overwhelmingly surpasses it in sales... well, guess how soon we'll see another one of this calibre?

ย 

I recall in the mid-2010s, there were a host of Blu-ray "Boxed Eds" released and when I say boxed, man, I mean BOXED.

Such as;

- Casablanca

- Wizard Of Oz

- Singin' In the Rain

- Gone With The Wind

- Ben-Hur

- Ten Commandments

- etc...

ย 

When was the last time you saw a new one like those?

Well, they were not making a profit so they are as dead as laserdiscs...

ย 

Okay, well, my mini-rant is over. The only point I was trying to make is that, as nice as the Premium Editions we dearly love are, in essence they are still all just little square boxes with very cool art.

I sincerely hope that the days of the "Special" editions, has not yet passed...

ย 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

Thanks for taking one for the team, with the Arrow; Pitch Black purchase @RAKย  ๐Ÿฅฐ

Of course the presentation will be stellar (that's what Arrow does) and I bet there's a host of excellent extras on disc.

Did you by chance get a booklet in your copy?

With a pre-order, I would think so.

When you have chance to spin it up, I for one would appreciate learning your thoughts wrt PQ/AQ buddy.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

I have no doubt I'll purchase this ed soon enough but enjoy hearing your thoughts on beloved films as well.

I trust you'll be submitting a request for the FAC ed forthcoming? ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks! Yes I have 2 booklets since I bought both the 4K, and the Blu-Ray. I am slip horror, and the 4K didnโ€™t have one since there was a printing error on them soย Arrow opted not ship the 4K with them.ย So Iย grabbed the Blu-Ray For the slip, and Combined the 2 for a combo set. And I will most definitely get the FAC Edition when itโ€™s ready.ย 

Edited by RAK
  • Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Intentcoin:

It was on sale, I couldn't help myself. It's better than expected though. Thanks to @CAYENNE-FAHRERย for promoting it in every GoT thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ and the guy who's username I forgot that told me about the sale ๐Ÿ˜…

(Found it, it was @MadMatt86)

20200828_213020.thumb.jpg.47493b3bd71665ffc938efae6360ac25.jpg20200828_212228.thumb.jpg.d909b6d4240849fd379963fe63583bc3.jpg20200828_212452.thumb.jpg.d735b6d2db0af6ed4bc97ec1a371a8f8.jpg20200828_212510.thumb.jpg.a5fc06119401c29b4e8a7fc04a398d16.jpg20200828_212412.thumb.jpg.234bda89cc2f7048f715352851f9ef53.jpg20200828_212351.thumb.jpg.a5fa41845afd8892df4ead0d46c6e8d7.jpg

ย 

doesn't look bad in the pictures,
also wanted to order
but then Luxuray posted a box in the custom thread,
I like his presentation better,
that's why I ordered it, it takes a little longer because of COVID,
since there is no delivery from Iran to here,
but think it's worth the wait
nevertheless my congratulations on the edition,
hope you have the opportunity to present them properly

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

First image is my eBay haul, with one of my favorite additions to my Arrow SteelBook collection in recent memory.ย  Just so much care and love go into these things.

ย 

Second image is my Dollar Tree haul. I've never heard of most of this crap and I love how trashy the slipcovers lookย ๐Ÿคฃ

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

• Like 10

Awards

John Wick 2 (Novamedia):
Also a newcomer this week, thanks again to dear Micha @icewireย ๐Ÿ˜Š
John Wick 2 is surely one of the hottest action movies ever, at least in my eyes! Everything is simply right about this one!
And the edition here is surely by far the most beautiful for the movie! The purple Holofoil-look is a real eye-catcher and fits perfectly to the neon-look of the movie. In addition the back with an incredibleย motive and spectacularย embossing (of each individual bullet hole)! ย I haven't unpacked the edition fullyย yet, but I will do that after another viewing! Until then, it will surely have a place next to the equally cool JW1 edition. ๐Ÿ˜
ย 

ย 

4675372F-069E-4915-92B0-9A4EB4F379E0.jpeg

8D02D5D0-0D03-4CA5-A996-0B31C328F0AE.jpeg

8C224DD8-69F8-4637-AB76-EBD2F6BCCBBA.jpeg

F9548D1F-A113-47AF-A1E5-6224F0D1148F.jpeg

E8F428E5-96BB-48EB-A044-63B61EEE4172.jpeg

4A626ED5-5BCF-4A5F-9D76-A75DF48E9039.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RAK said:

Thanks! Yes I have 2 booklets since I bought both the 4K, and the Blu-Ray. I am slip horror, and the 4K didnโ€™t have one since there was a printing error on them soย Arrow opted not ship the 4K with them.ย So Iย grabbed the Blu-Ray For the slip, and Combined the 2 for a combo set. And I will most definitely get the FAC Edition when itโ€™s ready.ย 

ย 

A great combo idea my friend @RAK...

ย 

... do you not want a great sig next to your banner my friend from our very own @goose_3387?๐Ÿค”

ย 

4 hours ago, claptraw said:

John Wick 2 (Novamedia):
Also a newcomer this week, thanks again to dear Micha @icewireย ๐Ÿ˜Š
John Wick 2 is surely one of the hottest action movies ever, at least in my eyes! Everything is simply right about this one!
And the edition here is surely by far the most beautiful for the movie! The purple Holofoil-look is a real eye-catcher and fits perfectly to the neon-look of the movie. In addition the back with an incredibleย motive and spectacularย embossing (of each individual bullet hole)! ย I haven't unpacked the edition fullyย yet, but I will do that after another viewing! Until then, it will surely have a place next to the equally cool JW1 edition. ๐Ÿ˜
ย 

ย 

4675372F-069E-4915-92B0-9A4EB4F379E0.jpeg

8D02D5D0-0D03-4CA5-A996-0B31C328F0AE.jpeg

8C224DD8-69F8-4637-AB76-EBD2F6BCCBBA.jpeg

F9548D1F-A113-47AF-A1E5-6224F0D1148F.jpeg

E8F428E5-96BB-48EB-A044-63B61EEE4172.jpeg

4A626ED5-5BCF-4A5F-9D76-A75DF48E9039.jpeg

ย 

Great pick up @claptrawย it looks wonderful... I can not believe I missed this one since Iโ€™ve got NM JW1 & JW3 on GB here, what was I thinking, Iโ€™ve got a classified want for Nova JW2 if anyone can help!!

ย 

ryan reynolds ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Veum said:

ย 

Great pick up @claptrawย it looks wonderful... I can not believe I missed this one since Iโ€™ve got NM JW1 & JW3 on GB here, what was I thinking, Iโ€™ve got a classified want for Nova JW2 if anyone can help!!

ย 

ryan reynolds ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

ย 

Are you after the 1st NM release of JW2 (As above From @claptraw) or are you after the new 4K NM release of JW2?

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Thanks 1

@claptrawย Wow!! It does look beautiful!!... I also missed all 3 first editions so Iโ€™m getting the new 4K editions... But I still think they messed up with that โ€œSpecial Giftโ€...ย 

ย 

2 Days Ago I received JW1 4K abd its really good... The SB looks beautiful... But definitely missing the Booklet...ย ^_^ย 
ย 

@hal56ย Great Additions!! That HdZeta looks amazing... Do you open your stuff??ย 9_9

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Veum said:

ย 

@Pbsw23ย Iโ€™d like to see both side by side then decide!

ย 

Well I have a sealed copy of JW2 that Claptraw has just received, and I mayย be persuaded to part with it, but if youโ€™re in for the new 4K NM JW1 & 3, then it probably makes sense for you to go the 4K route doesnโ€™t it?ย 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

ย 

Well I have a sealed copy of JW2 that Claptraw has just received, and I mayย be persuaded to part with it, but if youโ€™re in for the new 4K NM JW1 & 3, then it probably makes sense for you to go the 4K route doesnโ€™t it?ย 

ย 

I guess olโ€™ wiseman ๐Ÿ˜ย 

ย 

2A6E9FF6-C980-4013-9262-3FF9C21E24B8.gif.930e0c836cdf2d04e6378370333de6f5.gif

ย 

This is my wanted classified I really want, so YES๐Ÿ™

ย 

image.png.5a272951ed9f6a45620113bbc1ec7e58.png

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1