IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

Oh @Grendel, what beauties. Nice to see that your Wicked orders arrived in good shape and condition, and I hope you are really happy with them. I was a bit devistated, when reading that poor @Veum has been waiting so long (as far as I know still is?) because of that Corona postage block to the US, and somehow feel a teeny tiny bit responsible because I was recommending them. I have few comments, if I may:

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

- Holding Slip Box for WV's forthcoming '50s sci-fi collection (10 titles, 1st one shown; "It! Terror From Beyond Space".

This is actually not entirely true - even though you bought it at Wicked Vision, this release has nothing to do with Wicked Vision at all. It is a befriended label, but these guys work totally independent, and besides the friendship don't collaborate on the releases or anything. This 50s sci-fi collection is from Anolis Entertainment, a label that actually started with VHS in the late 90s, concentrating on classic sci-fi and horror films since their first releases. Wicked on the other hand only started off as an label at the end of 2015, with "Dr. Terror's House of Horrors", and before that had an examplory project release ("From Beyond", limited to 99 copies). So, in my humble opinion they are not even in the same ballpark :D They also have totally different "styles" of releases. To quote myself on Anolis from the other thread:

On 6/7/2020 at 5:37 PM, pygospa said:

Anolis Entertainmet is a German independent niche label, that was founded in 1998 to (hold your hats!) release old classic genre releases on VHS, such as the Kaiju movies from Japan (Godzilla, etc.), starting with sublicensing and later also seeking direct contracts with studios like Toho Studio. In 2001 they realized that releasing VHS that late was not the most cleverest of ideas they had, so they started producing their first DVDs. And with the possibilities of DVDs they soon realized they could offer much more, and even during DVD times soon had a loyal following of people who loved the afford they put into restoration quality and bonus material. I think the japanese original "Ring" release from 2001 was a milestone release for this label, and since then they've put the same afford to all upcoming releases. Another big hit was their "Anolis Hammer Edition". Anolis saved themselves the right to 20 titles from Hammer Studios and from 2002 - 2004 relased them one by one, for the first time (in Germany) in digital quaility, with a lot of bonus material, with a spine numbering, and if you had all 20 the spine would create a continuous artwork. This release earned Anolis some cult status among fans of these movies, and to this date (even though most of them are available on Blu-ray) this collection is one of the most expensive DVD editions, with asking prices of ~50€ per title, resulting in 1000€ for the whole set (see some single offers on amazon, or even set-offers). For those of you who are interested, there's a pretty decent presentation on YouTube of the entire lot.

A similar release was the "Galerie des Grauens" (lit. Gallery of Horrors) series. It was in 2009 that Anolis started a new series of releases limited to 10 titles, that where all B-movies of the sci-fi, horror and crime genre from the 1950s to 1960s. As with the "Anolis Hammer Edition" these releases came with a Spine number and a continuous spine artwork, and where released over the time of two years, this time, however, the first release also included a square box with one open size to fit in all 10 releases, that you got as a bonus with the first DVD. And yes - even though the Blu-ray was already out for five years, you might have guessed that Anolis is late to adapt. They did DVD releases; but I am thankful for it, as anything else would have meant ugly blue Amaray cases.

Probably not that obvious if you are just getting into these, but as I was following Anolis for a long while now, and can still remember how Wicked started off (and actually even was a bit pissed at Wicked for securing the license to a Hammer title, that I would have liked to be released by Anolis and not by Wicked (in retrospect I am happy that Wicked did, because that release was the reson I got into Wicked to begin with :D ), to me they are entirely different things :D

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

- Necronomicon (1993, I thought I was getting the MB but not a biggy, I also have the superb French special edition, with English track) (Dir by Chris Ganz, one of my FAVE)

I am so sorry to read that you didn't get what you had expected. It was clear to me, because, the mediabook was sold out really fast. Wicked releases selected titles that sold out on mediabook in these Scanavos for a second run. If you are unsure, please feel free to contact me any time, via PN or by tagging me in one of the posts. I am happy to help.

7 minutes ago, Grendel said:

- Crimen Ferpecto (2004. Bit of an oddball, to be sure but highly recommended by @pygospa so purchased).

I do really hope you like it. As far as I know it was on sale anyways, was it not? Not that you paid 30€ just to find out that this movie does not agree with you - I am scarred now - because to be quite honest: It is a rather strange kind of humour :D Please get back to me, once you've seen it. I'd be really interested in your opinion. 

• Like 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening @pygospa ;

Thanks very much for the support and kind words my friend. Likewise @Veum, much appreciated.  😀

I too hope Veum sees his parcel arrive soon, as the wait can drag on a person.

I do in fact recall reading the info you posted previously wrt the Anolis Sci-Fi box but whilst juggling all these pics, it slipped my mind (now edited). 🙃

Not a worry at all wrt the Necronomicon. In hindsight, I'm sure I realized the MB was OOS but wanted it anyway to compare with the French ed.

I recall the write-up you gave Crimen Ferpecto buddy, so I'm confident I'll enjoy it.

Of course, I also appreciate you keeping tabs on Wicked and announcing their new treasures.

Thanks again!  😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

Spoiler
23 minutes ago, pygospa said:

Oh @Grendel, what beauties. Nice to see that your Wicked orders arrived in good shape and condition, and I hope you are really happy with them. I was a bit devistated, when reading that poor @Veum has been waiting so long (as far as I know still is?) because of that Corona postage block to the US, and somehow feel a teeny tiny bit responsible because I was recommending them. I have few comments, if I may:

This is actually not entirely true - even though you bought it at Wicked Vision, this release has nothing to do with Wicked Vision at all. It is a befriended label, but these guys work totally independent, and besides the friendship don't collaborate on the releases or anything. This 50s sci-fi collection is from Anolis Entertainment, a label that actually started with VHS in the late 90s, concentrating on classic sci-fi and horror films since their first releases. Wicked on the other hand only started off as an label at the end of 2015, with "Dr. Terror's House of Horrors", and before that had an examplory project release ("From Beyond", limited to 99 copies). So, in my humble opinion they are not even in the same ballpark :D They also have totally different "styles" of releases. To quote myself on Anolis from the other thread:

Probably not that obvious if you are just getting into these, but as I was following Anolis for a long while now, and can still remember how Wicked started off (and actually even was a bit pissed at Wicked for securing the license to a Hammer title, that I would have liked to be released by Anolis and not by Wicked (in retrospect I am happy that Wicked did, because that release was the reson I got into Wicked to begin with :D ), to me they are entirely different things :D

I am so sorry to read that you didn't get what you had expected. It was clear to me, because, the mediabook was sold out really fast. Wicked releases selected titles that sold out on mediabook in these Scanavos for a second run. If you are unsure, please feel free to contact me any time, via PN or by tagging me in one of the posts. I am happy to help.

I do really hope you like it. As far as I know it was on sale anyways, was it not? Not that you paid 30€ just to find out that this movie does not agree with you - I am scarred now - because to be quite honest: It is a rather strange kind of humour :D Please get back to me, once you've seen it. I'd be really interested in your opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @pygospa ;

Thanks very much for the support and kind words my friend. Likewise @Veum, much appreciated.  😀

I too hope Veum sees his parcel arrive soon, as the wait can drag on a person.

I do in fact recall reading the info you posted previously wrt the Anolis Sci-Fi box but whilst juggling all these pics, it slipped my mind. 🙃

Not a worry at all wrt the Necronomicon. In hindsight, I'm sure I realized the MB was OOS but wanted it anyway to compare with the French ed.

I recall the write-up you gave Crimen Ferpecto buddy, so I'm confident I'll enjoy it.

Of course, I also appreciate you keeping tabs on Wicked and announcing their new treasures.

Thanks again!  😀

Very nice additions gents @pygospa / @Grendel and yes, I’m still waiting on orders from Daniel & also seems Barnes & Noble/USPS has lost 2 of 3 of my Criterion sales orders... not good to wait & wait & wait my friends 😔 

sad face GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

I'll do. I just found two more releases available at their website, and just ordered them a few minutes ago. But as it is nearly 2 a.m. now, I'll add it to the posts once I got up again (time for bed is long overdue :D ). But you can already look up their shop for "Sirene I" (OT: The Rift) as well as "The Pit and the Pendulum" - I ended up ordering cover B on Sirene I, and cover C (of course, it's a Timo Wuerz artwork once more :D ), on Pit and Pendulum :) And with this last post I'll say: Good night, guys 🛌💤

At Home Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Very nice additions gents @pygospa / @Grendel and yes, I’m still waiting on orders from Daniel & also seems Barnes & Noble/USPS has lost 2 of 3 of my Criterion sales orders... not good to wait & wait & wait my friends 😔 

sad face GIF

Okey, really the last one. So sad to read this! I hope this will be over soon. It's so unfair, especially as everyone else gets their parcels, I totally feel you. Horrible situation. To ease your mind just a bit, the thing I can tell you is that I really trust Daniel. I've been in contact with him since the start of his label in 2015 (in the beginning he didn't even had a website, so you had to subscribe to an e-mail newsletter to get information on new releases, and if you wanted something from these releases you had to mail him :D - sound's really antiquated for 2015~2018, but it also gave us a chance to get to know him pretty well, different to those inpersonal sterile webshop sites), and he never disappointed and does his best to make all his customers satisfied. So maybe that makes it a bit easier for you - he's not the guy that would betray anyone, and I believe that you'll get your parcels as soon as it is possible.

Still it's just a small hope, I know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

And now:

Tired Good Night GIF by Disney

• Like 3

^^ That's a true beauty @RileyLad  🤩

I was so happy to see them (predominantly) use the original poster art for the OT ( yeah, wrong one for Empire but it is unique, heh).

I'm not 4k yet, so I've ordered the OT Steels but not the prequels or sequels.

I have the first six original Blu Steels, so I'm good. 😀

I trust you've made plans for all 9 ?

Gratz again my friend!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Grendel , appreciate that mate 👍

49 minutes ago, Grendel said:

wrong one for Empire but it is unique, heh).

I was debating canceling due to that blunder, but overall I love the other steelbooks too much to do that. I'm going to order a steelbook magnet that has the proper poster art off ebay for Empire Strikes Back. Won't be perfect but better than that teaser trailer art they have gone with 🙁

49 minutes ago, Grendel said:

trust you've made plans for all 9 ?

I'm down for OT and prequel trilogy.

I have the blufans DL for Force awakens (which has a WEA steelbook with poster art on the front) so might skip that one...

FB_IMG_1495786173758.jpg.159cb44a693b0719e643fdb02e82d935.thumb.jpg.31f1b46d228dee6730755259dc38405f.jpg

but will deffo pick up the other new sequels 👍

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Veum said:

🥤 Mail Call today! 🤠 🎬 😇 😷

0656A3E1-BB4F-4625-8283-D1F7292C3CE3.gif.06ab9e7c55e69b808c9fa9587a867e10.gif

🎞

Just arrived from our Mail-lady hey! 🙂

2C957E16-CE81-42AD-94EF-2E09284C2F22.jpeg.c4701884dbe733a237320e6445f29d63.jpeg

A Small cache of goodies today friends!🤩

the simpsons episode 13 GIF

EBAY.com

Sinatra in Palm Springs BD

SEX Down Under Dvd

Amazon AMZ.com

BDs

The Mystery of the Wax Museum

AGATHA RAISIN S2

Line of Duty S4

E38F44CA-AE8B-4882-A79C-30089D22EE24.thumb.jpeg.5d7be9282b37b1d8919ee0a90cf89a70.jpeg

I like it.

A good mix of entertainment and educational material.

• Haha 2

Very nice indeed @RAK  🤩

I have the Constantine animated in Blu, happy to see you found a 4K and whenever you get opportunity to view, I'd be curious if the 4K is a distinct improvement buddy.

I see the "HDR" sticker so could be pretty sweet!

Gratz on Bats as well of course (and the Blue Boyscout 😉)

Oh, and JW, heh.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Grendel said:

Very nice indeed @RAK  🤩

I have the Constantine animated in Blu, happy to see you found a 4K and whenever you get opportunity to view, I'd be curious if the 4K is a distinct improvement buddy.

I see the "HDR" sticker so could be pretty sweet!

Gratz on Bats as well of course (and the Blue Boyscout 😉)

Thanks, I watched it the other day for the first time I thought it looked good. Will have to watch the Blu-Ray next and let you know if there is a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1