IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ Imho it's great!

For scraping the junk out from beneath the refrigerator!

For viewing? Nah, not so much...😧

I'd rather put ground glass in my eyes.

THIS is what I love👍👍.  

How we all view whatever and take away something different from OUR viewing experience  😁💋.

In no way do I think it is better than the 50s version👊 .

I took it as a different re telling❤❤  .

To be fair I have seen worse 😊💋

• Like 3

^^ Heh. luv ya Sweetie! 🤗

I am HARDCORE when it comes to my "Sword & Sandal" fliks and I hold all the originals in very high esteem.

(Hmm, might add a pic of those to my "Grendel Deeper Dungeons" thread). [Which EVERYONE should be viewing btw!] 😉

I understand why they produce remakes (cough, money, cough) and to be honest, sometimes they serve as enticement for young folks to seek out the original.

I do however, personally, find it dang near sacriligeous! heh.

YMMV 😉

Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
Il y a 1 heure, Grendel a dit :

For scraping the junk out from beneath the refrigerator!

For viewing? Nah, not so much...😧

I'll think about it next time instead of using them to scrape the car windscreen 😂

Edited by cypheria078
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well folks, looks like I'm now in the "This and That (General Discussion English Room)" !

No real reason for being tardy, just so many great threads to cruise!

I'll try to make a point of stopping in here, every visit to the site though. 🙂

Many great topics!

My love for film encompasses MANY genres and it's hard to pick a fave as that will change with my viewing interest mood ( as I'm sure is the same with many).

Key interests I guess would be;

- Sci-Fi: (both fun (i.e. Frankenstein, Alien, Terminator, Predator, ALL '50s sci-fi!)  and serious i.e. 2001, Forbin Project, Andromeda Strain - new ed. from Arrow soon! etc...)

- Fantasy:  (note; I consider Vampires, Werewolves etc as Dark Fantasy, not horror. Horror I reserve for slashers; i.e. Halloween, Friday 13th, Pycho, etc which not my fave but enjoy.

- i.e. Dracula, The Wolfman, The Mummy, Ghost films, Labyrinth, , Dark Crystal, Legend, Corman/Price 'Poe' films, many others!

- Anime; Principally darker ones, i.e. Hellsing, Ninjaslayer, Claymore, Blood Last Vampire etc / and also Sci-Fi ones, i.e. Oulaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, GitS, etc)

- Sword & Sandal; i.e. Ben-Hur, Ten Commandments, Spartacus, Gladiator, Quo Vadis, Genghis Khan, Rome, many others!

LOTS of other genres I haven't mentioned yet but I think you now have an idea of what I'm like (and what I like! heh) 🙂

Chat again soon! Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

Is the remake of Ben Hur any good @Veum ?

Keep thinking I might pick a copy up off eBay. 

@DodgyDave, I enjoyed it, especially the chariot race scenes, those horses are magnificent... I want to get Risen in 4K when it comes down in$$! ;)

@Veum bullwhip.gif

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Good morning.

I'll try and pick a copy up from eBay for 99p plus shipping then. (Ben Hur remake)

You can't complain about paying £2 or £3 for a nights viewing.

I'm still waiting to pick up a 3D copy of Antman and the Wasp. Been out for months now, but I can't find a copy at a reasonable price yet. 

Not that I'm tight, of course.  :D

I suppose the hardest wait will be for Avengers End Game on 3D BD.

I don't do the cinema. Too expensive and too many noisy annoying dicks always sit in front of me. Without fail, they find me to annoy. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• ★ Administrators ★
29 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

I don't do the cinema. Too expensive and too many noisy annoying dicks always sit in front of me. Without fail, they find me to annoy. :D

I still go to the cinema but not as often as I used to go. Main reason, they don't show that many english versions and I prefer to view the original as some parts of the acting gets lost in a Dub. Annyoing people are another reason, that is also why english versions are so cool, the noisy ones can't speak english 🤣

Somehow it's not so much fun annymore in the cinema compared to years ago. Also expansive, as two tickets get you a regular Steelbook release already.

Still watch the imortant Movies, next ones is

tenor.gif

• Like 3

Good morning my fellow psychos. Nice to see some more new faces in the English room this morning...

My question for today is best film you have seen this year so far and why ??? 😁 For me I really enjoyed us. As I'm on the Jordan Peele fan wagon also I liked captain marvel (obviously) 

Also I held off watching it until my umania one click arrived a couple of months ago but I thought a quiet place was different and really good. 

Ps bit of a marvel nerd and can not wait for endgame. Seeing it second day of release as tickets for opening day sold out at My local cinema in like 5 minutes 😂

tenor (8).gif

tenor (9).gif

• Like 3

Good morning my fellow psychoscoffee3.gif

What will this glorious day bring us borat.gif

...are you all 5-6 hrs. ahead of the USA!? tired.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

Not me @extantsrevenge I can watch it many times, however it is almost always during "Resurrection Day" month of April for me!  :)

8 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

gifs-good-morning-37-1.gif

English speaking part of the community.

@DodgyDave Ben Hur Remake is better than some other Remakes. I would say a good 1 time watch, but not more.

Hey @DodgyDave, we're not much on going to the theatre because of $$, I'd rather spend it on "exclusives/4K's/BDs"! ;)

7 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

Good morning.

I'll try and pick a copy up from eBay for 99p plus shipping then. (Ben Hur remake)

You can't complain about paying £2 or £3 for a nights viewing.

I'm still waiting to pick up a 3D copy of Antman and the Wasp. Been out for months now, but I can't find a copy at a reasonable price yet. 

Not that I'm tight, of course.  :D

I suppose the hardest wait will be for Avengers End Game on 3D BD.

@Benoit46, ooh la,la! naughty.gif

7 hours ago, Benoit46 said:

great to see this Topic dust off a little. default_icon_e_biggrin.gif.319b35fceae5290fba3166c57546f77d.gif

have a good day Psychos ! 💗

26vUTlnHulTgAU7le.gif.85bf8c697fb3d2feb84f74fa6026dc56.gif

7 hours ago, Benoit46 said:

No it's me 66.gif.8cab74aea391c7d706be9c0471b9a316.gif

@Veum bullwhip.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, Veum said:

Hey @DodgyDave, we're not much on going to the theatre because of $$, I'd rather spend it on "exclusives/4K's/BDs"! ;)

There you have another pet hate with me. 4K.

Overrated pile of crap in my opinion.

I have an old 3D Samsung and a 4K Samsung. The picture on my old Samsung is as good, if not better, than the 4K one.

These bloody TV manufacturers have stopped making 3D TVs. You can't buy a combo 3D and 4K TV anymore. Only a used one.

They don't appear to be trying to make 4K 3D TVs in any form. Instead they appear to be pushing on with resolutions that most peoples eyes can't register. Fecking waste of time.

3D iMax is incredibly popular in the Cinemas. 3D BDs are still popular and still being made by the Studios. So where is the logic to not build 3D TVs for Home Cinema ?

Fecking Morons need a bomb under them. Just like the fecking idiots in Westminster. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@Robertm89 favorite movie of the year so far, are actually two movies from last year, but I did see them early this year in Cinema. Aquaman and Creed 2, both awesome ☺️. From the news year Shazam and Alita. I was very pleased how good Shazam turned out, much better than expected. But I think Avengers: Endgame will be the biggest Movie of the year 😳, I'm very excited, don't have tickets yet, as I want to catch a showing in english.

@DodgyDave I never liked 3D, it doesn't add anything for me and I hate to have glasses on glasses and a darker image, so I don't shed a single tear for this format when it is gone 😅. I was very sceptical about 4K, mostly because we just got Blu-ray (which is awesome) and with so many editions in my collection and so many items still not released on Blu-ray I thought it was way to early for a new format. Anyway, upgraded late last year and 😳 it is an improvement. It adds even more detail and the images simply look stunning, also the colors are absolute eyepopping. The only complain I have is that some releases have much more grain in the 4K and on Wonder Woman for example it was absolutely distracting 😥.

Yes @Veum we are already all hard working when you guys get up again...

at-work-cookie-monster.gif

• Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

She should try calibrating it and not expecting British TV shows to look any better. You can’t put lipstick on a pig. Well, you can, but it would be pointless.

I’ve watched the same film in 3D and then watched the 4k disc from it. 

No great improvement. 

I think these TV manufacturers have hood winked the masses. 

If you’ve paid $1.5k on a TV you are going to believe it is the best thing since sliced bread. 

I am not so easily fooled. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

There you have another pet hate with me. 4K.

Overrated pile of crap in my opinion.

I have an old 3D Samsung and a 4K Samsung. The picture on my old Samsung is as good, if not better, than the 4K one.

These bloody TV manufacturers have stopped making 3D TVs. You can't buy a combo 3D and 4K TV anymore. Only a used one.

They don't appear to be trying to make 4K 3D TVs in any form. Instead they appear to be pushing on with resolutions that most peoples eyes can't register. Fecking waste of time.

3D iMax is incredibly popular in the Cinemas. 3D BDs are still popular and still being made by the Studios. So where is the logic to not build 3D TVs for Home Cinema ?

Fecking Morons need a bomb under them. Just like the fecking idiots in Westminster. ;)

@DodgyDave, tell us what you really think, rotfl.gif

let me not get on your bad side! bitenails.gif

@Veum bullwhip.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

I’ve watched the same film in 3D and then watched the 4k disc from it. 

No great improvement. 

I think these TV manufacturers have hood winked the masses. 

If you’ve paid $1.5k on a TV you are going to believe it is the best thing since sliced bread. 

I am not so easily fooled. 😀

There are many factor involved in setting up your 4K properly. Just ask @xSNAKExPLISSKENx who got a top-of-the-line OLED the other night and after calibrating said the difference is (in his words) “face-melting”.

• Haha 2