IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

🤠 Good Tuesday friends, I hope your day is filled with love❣️ 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

Another road trip is on the agenda for Mike and his buddy! 🫂 

Season 2 Idk GIF by Paramount+

1%
Clouds giving way to sun; areas of fog this morning, becoming less humid this afternoon

RealFeel®83°

RealFeel Shade™75°

Max UV Index9 Very High

WindNW 6 mph

• Like 4

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Veum said:

🤠 Good Tuesday friends, I hope your day is filled with love❣️ 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

Another road trip is on the agenda for Mike and his buddy! 🫂 

Season 2 Idk GIF by Paramount+

1%
Clouds giving way to sun; areas of fog this morning, becoming less humid this afternoon

RealFeel®83°

RealFeel Shade™75°

Max UV Index9 Very High

WindNW 6 mph

have fun on your trip!   are you Richie, Ralph, or Potsie in this scenario?

• Haha 5

Good mofrning, afternoon everyone!

I'm watching the Creator Era of Blade Runner, and I really like it, more and more. It's impressive!

And it's a good idea to link it to the MAG edition. I love that idea.

I have the MAG edition, but I have mixed feelings about it, because I like it, it's a beautiful monumental edition, but it has two flaws: first, although there is space available inside, with a folder with too much space empty, they didn't include where to add a steelbook, I don't really understand why, especially when until now it was a hallmark of MAG in this line; and second, in my opinion, the final price was too high. Even today. 

But, at the same time, the two would look great together. 

However, I would have liked to be able to insert steelbooks in both of them. 

And I don't know what to do. 

Collector's manias and metaphysical doubts. ;)

Have a nice day!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Yeah, it's a shame.

I wondered why one of my favourite filmmakers was no longer putting out movies until I'd found out he'd done that. 

I've seen Medicine Man. It's not bad. The main standout is once again McTiernan's direction (for my money, the man really knows how to shoot movies set in jungles).

From what I've seen, he mainly attends events related to or celebrating his movies. He seems pretty much done with Hollywood.

He says he's looking for financiers in Europe to make the movies he wants to make. Apparently, he has several scripts he's written that he wants to make while he can.

I hope we get to see another classic action film from him.

Yeah, there are probably few things that dissuade a producer from working with a director like the director having had previous producers wiretapped.  It’s a shame.  Really interesting scandal though.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Yeah, there are probably few things that dissuade a producer from working with a director like the director having had previous producers wiretapped.  It’s a shame.  Really interesting scandal though.

McTiernan seems like an interesting character.

I don't condone what he did. The studios would probably be right not to touch him with a ten foot pole.

As @BreakBeatDJ said earlier, trying to break into that industry is extremely difficult for many people.

Hollywood probably isn't the easiest place to work within, but to have finally broken in, had some big hits and then piss away all that talent and opportunity over something as stupid as what he did is a shame.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A local theater in the area is playing the 45th anniversary of Aliens with tickets being $5 per person. One of my coworkers mentioned it before our meeting saying he's never seen it so he will be attending with his wife in tow. Pretty much had the water shocked out of me when he told me this. I asked wait you've never seen Aliens once not even maybe a portion of the film. He said nope that was the year he graduated high school so he didn't have a chance to watch it when it came out. I'm glad he was genuinely excited to go see it. I advised him he was in for a treat.

Bill Paxton Aliens GIF

Edited by LeadFarmer
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, LeadFarmer said:

A local theater in the area is playing the 45th anniversary of Aliens with tickets being $5 per person. One of my coworkers mentioned it before our meeting saying he's never seen it so he will be attending with his wife in tow. Pretty much had the water shocked out of me when he told me this. I asked wait you've never seen Aliens once not even maybe a portion of the film. He said nope that was the year he graduated high school so he didn't have a chance to watch it when it came out. I'm glad he was genuinely excited to go see it. I advised him he was in for a treat.

Bill Paxton Aliens GIF

I think all the Regal theaters are doing it.  My local Regal theaters show an older movie every Wednesday night for $5.  They’re about to go on a Nolan run.  

Our local ones are also showing the remastered Norrh by Northwest on Sunday 5/19.  Need to go ahead and buy my tickets.  I expect a release date for the 4K set to be announced shortly after 5/19.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I think all the Regal theaters are doing it.  My local Regal theaters show an older movie every Wednesday night for $5.  They’re about to go on a Nolan run.  

Our local ones are also showing the remastered Norrh by Northwest on Sunday 5/19.  Need to go ahead and buy my tickets.  I expect a release date for the 4K set to be announced shortly after 5/19.

It's amc for our area. Last week they showed an anime spy family which he wasn't fond of naturally being a much older guy but the week before they showed The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare which he and his wife enjoyed. He said she liked it even more than he did. I said I guess so that film had its fair share of square jawed handsome gents.

• Like 4

Happy Tuesday All! I pray you had a great day!

Tuesday Morning Ugh GIF by Justin

18 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

38 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

73 Days Until Retro Expo

179 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

184 Days Until Halloween

212 Days Until Thanksgiving

239 Days Until Christmas

246 Days Until New Year

290 Days Until Valentine's Day!

321 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

355 Days Until Easter

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

@BreakBeatDJ He did this interview last year where goes through his own movies and movies that inspired him.

It's a neat watch.

The voiceover is in French, but his interview is in English.

I just finished watching this.  Interesting dude.  I appreciate his honesty about what he was doing, and the reality of what his movies were.  But, @Fortis93, why didn't he go independent?  I mean, he loved the indy new wave directors, he was familiar with the concept, it seems like it would have occurred to him to do that.  Any ideas?  Was he addicted to stars and all the big toys only Hollywood could provide him?  Was it personal?  Did he have some kind of an existential crisis after Rollerball (beyond the legal issues). That is a remarkable string of hits he created, seems like someone would have given him a chance outside of the system.  But, I'm not as familiar with him as you are.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I just finished watching this.  Interesting dude.  I appreciate his honesty about what he was doing, and the reality of what his movies were.  But, @Fortis93, why didn't he go independent?  I mean, he loved the indy new wave directors, he was familiar with the concept, it seems like it would have occurred to him to do that.  Any ideas?  Was he addicted to stars and all the big toys only Hollywood could provide him?  Was it personal?  Did he have some kind of an existential crisis after Rollerball (beyond the legal issues). That is a remarkable string of hits he created, seems like someone would have given him a chance outside of the system.  But, I'm not as familiar with him as you are.

I honestly don't know.

I think he mentioned in the video that he wanted to move to Europe and make movies there.

He was attached to direct this movie, but it fell through.

Maybe an independent studio wouldn't given him the budget or fee he wanted?

Maybe the smaller studios like Neon or A24 could give him a chance? Might be a long shot, but who knows?

• Like 5

Good morning!!!!

Today is ‘Workers' Day’ in Spain, as well as in other countries, and that means that... it's a public holiday!

The pity is that after days of heat and beach, it is now raining and cold. It's this crazy world. 

But on a positive note, I have to say that the plan for this evening is also appetizing: (good) film and blanket. ;)

Have a nice day everyone. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Did everyone notice that Group Buys are no longer called Our Addiction in the menu bar, and they are now called . . . . .  

Shock What GIF

GROUP BUYS!

End of an era, but probably a smart move for the new people to know where to click.

addiction?

So this is an addiction? 🤨

Are the others right that cramming a room with nice collector's editions is not normal?

I don't think so.

In fact, I think they have a problem, and it's called ‘Lack of sensitivity to art’. 

We are simply the last romantic guys on earth.

No more.

;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

addiction?

So this is an addiction? 🤨

Are the others right that cramming a room with nice collector's editions is not normal?

I don't think so.

In fact, I think they have a problem, and it's called ‘Lack of sensitivity to art’. 

We are simply the last romantic guys on earth.

No more.

;) 

Betting Season 1 GIF by NETFLIX

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

It also doesn't hurt that you're from Spain.

French and Spanish accents are supposed to be the sexiest, right? 😄

I don't know, my Southern Redneck is pretty suave!

Wednesday Morning GIF by Judge Jerry

17 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

37 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

72 Days Until Retro Expo

178 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

183 Days Until Halloween

211 Days Until Thanksgiving

238 Days Until Christmas

245 Days Until New Year

289 Days Until Valentine's Day!

320 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

354 Days Until Easter