IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all well.

After a few crazy days of work and travel, now it's back to normality. 

But lately I have the feeling that there are fewer and fewer normal things in this world. The normality that is changing. Step by step.

Still, there's nothing like coming home, popping a disc of a good movie into the player, and plopping down on the sofa, right? ;) 

Have a nice day, Psychos!

• Like 6

By the way, @BreakBeatDJ.

Some people hate having a birthday, they feel they are being called "old", as if that were something negative, or pejorative. There are also people who get sad on their birthday; some because they have not been happy, and the birthday certifies a failure, an emptiness; while others do it because they count on having one less year to go.

I like having a birthday, I enjoy it.  A year is a chance to be happy, to do good things, to try big things, or to make things better; it's a fabulous blank canvas to try to make being in this life worthwhile, and, moreover, to make it look good.

To shine.

Yes, I'm a year older, but really that's because I've added another year of things to count and laugh and cry and remember this year. 

And it's true that there's one less to go. Ofcourse. But there's nothing I can do about that.

And what I'm not going to do, precisely, is waste the time I have left lamenting the time I have left.

This life it's about being happy.

;) 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 4/27/2024 at 5:28 PM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Man that’s crazy, what are the odds?  When were you at Barren County?  I graduated from Warren Central in 1992 (Jeez I’m old).  My primary interaction with Barren County High was playing their tennis team twice a year :)  

I lived in Barren County from 1990-2000. Now that is crazy odds, we both lived there during the same time and now have a Premium addiction!

I hope everyone has an awesome Monday and Week!

Happy Monday Morning GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

19 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

39 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

74 Days Until Retro Expo

180 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

185 Days Until Halloween

213 Days Until Thanksgiving

240 Days Until Christmas

247 Days Until New Year

291 Days Until Valentine's Day!

322 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

356 Days Until Easter

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

I lived in Barren County from 1990-2000. Now that is crazy odds, we both lived there during the same time and now have a Premium addiction!

I hope everyone has an awesome Monday and Week!

Happy Monday Morning GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

19 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

39 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

74 Days Until Retro Expo

180 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

185 Days Until Halloween

213 Days Until Thanksgiving

240 Days Until Christmas

247 Days Until New Year

291 Days Until Valentine's Day!

322 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

356 Days Until Easter

It cannot be a coincidence.

This reminds me of "Lost". 

Probably one of the best series ever, and one of the few that really changed something in the industry.

Are we all Psychos going to be Lost characters?

Will this community be the island?

Or maybe the day we organise a face-to-face meeting we will be isolated and our own reboot will begin?

What is clear is that it is not a coincidence. There must be a reason.

Destiny has something in store for you.

;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

good afternoon my dudes. went from 57 with a cool breeze hoodie weather to air fried chicken legs turn over at the halfway mark for a crisp exterior on both sides. pretty much high 80s all week. I'm not complaining though it's been a rough winter of salted roads and gloomy overcast.

Melting Hot Dog GIF

Edited by LeadFarmer
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

good afternoon my dudes. went from 57 with a cool breeze hoodie weather to air fried chicken legs turn over at the halfway mark for a crisp exterior on both sides. pretty much high 80s all week. I'm not complaining though it's been a rough winter of salted roads and gloomy overcast.

Melting Hot Dog GIF

I know the feeling. It went from nice mid 60s to mid 80s plus humidity this week.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Probably one of the best series ever, and one of the few that really changed something in the industry.

Or maybe the day we organise a face-to-face meeting we will be isolated and our own reboot will begin?

;) 

I don't believe in coincidences, so it means we must be Premium Brothers!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Casiusco said:

;) 

@Casiusco are you talkin again about Veum’s Island 🏝 

Hip Hop Fun GIF by Bejo Flow

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LeadFarmer said:

Melting Hot Dog GIF

Yeah man, we have 87 today.  It's NOT COOL, it's not cool.  Although the top of the Blue Ridge mountains are 20 minutes away and it's always 15 degrees cooler up there.  Great for my pup to cool off.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Yeah man, we have 87 today.  It's NOT COOL, it's not cool.  Although the top of the Blue Ridge mountains are 20 minutes away and it's always 15 degrees cooler up there.  Great for my pup to cool off.

Yeah my German Shepherd is already laying mostly on the hardwood floors to find a cool spot. I broke out the box fan but we may have to jump right to ac paradise by the end of the week.

• Like 4

Listening to the Blank Check podcast, talking about Die Hard with Kevin Smith, they mentioned John McTiernan’s first movie (right before he rattled off Predator, Die Hard and Hunt for Red October), called Nomads.  It has Pierce Brosnan and Lesley-Anne Down, how have I never seen this?  Anyone here seen it?

5 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

I don't believe in coincidences, so it means we must be Premium Brothers!

Sure!!

Or maybe you are the seed of this community, and now you have to travel the world recruiting more Psychos to undertake an important mission. ;) 

5 hours ago, Veum said:

@Casiusco are you talkin again about Veum’s Island 🏝 

Hip Hop Fun GIF by Bejo Flow

Yeahh, maybe. 

If there's ever a Psychos meeting, we can do it there. 

Can you imagine the doorbell rings and it's all of us?

AEn0k_vu0pUHMO_WikkWmAvkz9yNnLnOhMZnkuh7

portazo-gif.gif

:D

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

What a moment!!!! 😍

anigif_sub-buzz-4315-1512758186-6.gif?re

I also have the Blade Runner 2049 from MAG. 

PS: By the way, complementing it with the Creator Era of Blade Runner looks very good. 

Yes, unfortunately for my poor, long-suffering wallet that CE Blade Runner set is a must.  I have a feeling it’s going to be very popular.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Listening to the Blank Check podcast, talking about Die Hard with Kevin Smith, they mentioned John McTiernan’s first movie (right before he rattled off Predator, Die Hard and Hunt for Red October), called Nomads.  It has Pierce Brosnan and Lesley-Anne Down, how have I never seen this?  Anyone here seen it?

I have. 

It's a solid little film with some interesting ideas.

It impressed Schwarzenegger enough to recommend McTiernan to the studios as the director for Predator.

I would love to see McTiernan behind the director's chair again, but I can understand why studios wouldn't want to touch him given his criminal history.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

I would love to see McTiernan behind the director's chair again, but I can understand why studios wouldn't want to touch him given his criminal history.

Wow, I didn't know that.  Just read that story.  What a bizarre thing to do, or probably more on point . . . what an inept thing to get caught doing in Hollywood.  It's a shame, it would have been interesting to see how he would have evolved.  I've never seen Medicine Man, is that worth a watch?

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Wow, I didn't know that.  Just read that story.  What a bizarre thing to do, or probably more on point . . . what an inept thing to get caught doing in Hollywood.  It's a shame, it would have been interesting to see how he would have evolved.  I've never seen Medicine Man, is that worth a watch?

Yeah, it's a shame.

I wondered why one of my favourite filmmakers was no longer putting out movies until I'd found out he'd done that. 

I've seen Medicine Man. It's not bad. The main standout is once again McTiernan's direction (for my money, the man really knows how to shoot movies set in jungles).

From what I've seen, he mainly attends events related to or celebrating his movies. He seems pretty much done with Hollywood.

He says he's looking for financiers in Europe to make the movies he wants to make. Apparently, he has several scripts he's written that he wants to make while he can.

I hope we get to see another classic action film from him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1