IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤 good morning here, good day there... Veum here my friends!🤠

HAPPY TUESDAY!😊

shay mitchell tuesday GIF

Well folks 🙏 for me as I’m going to check-out my 1st tattoo parlor (today or in the near future) as I’m seriously thinking of getting several🤔 (I do not have any as of now) tattoos!😮

guy love GIF

PSYCHOS, I hope you put your “mark” on this beautiful day!😘

good day paint GIF by Chippy the Dog

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before. Psychos today needs no introduction 

NwzFSt2.jpg

KCQYvJB.jpg

lSq39Wg.jpg

HGnmEGh.jpg

iW9oRvD.jpg

9FC6WXo.jpg

qpDWyKd.jpg

m2YjVaM.jpg

Wnj7yAh.jpg

zVQnxpK.jpg

7lWz9qu.jpg

wQ01oE0.jpg

HAPPY THIN Tuesday!!!

Psychos here’s to a Tuesday filled with peace, premiums, and prosperity!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

giphy.gif

P.S. @Robertm89 I appreciate the shoutout, & being included in your 1000th post!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

@Hollywood E Rock you have just made have a smile with thin tuesday today

Good Job GIF

basil :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

About a hundred pages ago a few of you was on the topic of what your first car was. I wanted to share then but I didn’t remember which memory card had my car photos. I figured out which card had the photos the other day & since buying my 1st car was a big deal at the time I thought to myself that a good car story would be prefect for post 1000th.

Before I bought my car I had to come to a conclusion of what I was buying. I had my mind made up that I wasn’t going the path of everyone else. All who gave me advice suggested I don’t worry about getting what I want, just purchase a car to get me from point A to B. 

giphy.gif

When I was given this advice I thought to myself “why in the hell would I spend thousands of dollars on a car I potentially didn’t like when I could spend thousands of dollars on a car I liked?” I had been working my a$$ off & saving up so why settle? There had been to many people around me growing up settling for less & I refused to walk their path.

giphy.gif

Im getting what I want!!! My list of Cars I wanted I cut down to two, a

MUSTANG

xBAs6pi.jpg

or 

MONTE CARLO

MQxXbx9.jpg

I determined that whichever car I could get the most reasonable insurance prices would be the one I would go with. Called around & for full coverage a 2004 Monte Carlo would cost $660 a month! I was like.....

giphy.gif

Okay I’ll just go older it’s 2008 so if I go older then the insurance would be cheaper. Called around & for full coverage a 1999 Mustang at my age would cost $999 no change

giphy.gif

I couldn’t believe insurance companies was out here hustling like this! The damn car payments for either car was no where near any of these prices! Who was paying these prices!?! Anyways I found a company that would give me full coverage for around $300 a month for a 2000 Monte Carlo. Me & my Pops went on the hunt & I found it!!!

The Rock Mobile!!!

rIDeWFZ.jpg?1

I got a loan through my bank for $8,000!!! When I finished the paperwork & finally pulled off the lot this is truly how I felt!!!

giphy.gif

I did it!! I had saved, was smart about my credit & for it I was able to get what I wanted! 

QtX5I5U.jpg

tIJUFAb.jpg

SWDHQnf.jpg

Soon as I left the lot I took the car to get the radio replaced, new speakers & add a car alarm. I had already paid for this stuff before I got the car. 

djEKCmj.jpg

vaNIlCU.jpg

zMuufLv.jpg

My loan was for 4 years I paid the car off in 3. Maybe a year or two after getting the car paid off I was taking my mother to work & was hit by a bus

CaA4PHS.jpg

The street we was driving down had 3 lanes. Left lane, right lane (also middle lane) & a parking lane. The bus was driving in the parking lane, traffic came to a stop in the left lane where we was at. I turned my signal on to move into the right lane. Traffic was clear in that lane & the only thing I saw was the bus coming up in the parking lane. The bus driver had her lights on signaling as if she was coming to a stop. I thought there was a bus stop coming up, so I began to turn in the lane & 

giphy.gif

zr8B8HG.jpg

OTzsbpK.jpg

lE39LX0.jpg

zVgpGCV.jpg

I turned in the lane right before the bus driver did & she hit me. She didn’t even notice me. I was laid off from work at this time also just to add insult to injury. The damages doesn’t look to bad but driving the car back home it felt like I had hydraulics

giphy.gif

With all that I was optimistic! No one was hurt during the accident & I wasn’t giving up on my first car. Eventually I got The Rock Mobile fixed, but it never was the same as before. It seemed like after one problem there was another problem, & another so out of frustration I finally was tired & decided to sale it. The dream was to buy the car I want & hold on to it. The path I was on was supposed to be different from everyone else’s. I had failed

giphy.gif

Of course I made peace & got over it. I actually had made peace before I sold the car. What’s funny is I ended up with a Toyota Corolla DX because I needed a car to get me back & forth to work. So after all that I ended up in a situation where I had to settle any damn way.

giphy.gif

The Yota Rolla!!
efKutXk.jpg

I ended up loving this car until I crashed it

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Maybe I’ll share that story one day.

Buying my first car was a big achievement. One that I couldn’t have accomplished without friends or family. My friends helped me learn how to drive, & it was my mom & pop who taught me the values of money & credit. The events to follow helped mold me into an even more responsible person, the person that you guys interact with today. I can now look back on most of the events & realize that my ego was leading the way in a lot of my decision making. I can now pick out where I could have made better choices & those life lessons are priceless.

I wanted to tell this story with you all because reaching 1000 post is a big achievement on here. One that you don’t earn alone. Like the achievement of my car (earned because of friends & family) this 1000th post was earned with you all. The rest of the awards after this are completely up to me & my collection, but this one is about connecting to other good people who share in my love of physical media. I have appreciated & enjoyed every post shared from you all.

@Veum @Basil @Scary Hair @R1s1ngs0n @Trianna @extantsrevenge @Pbsw23 @Robertm89 @RileyLad @RAK @Grendel @StrikerEureka79 @Steelbook Indy @Count Dantes @deckard99 @ksosk @DodgyDave

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 12

Wassup @Hollywood E Rock !

Fantastic story, thank you for sharing! Now I have to trawl through all of my diecast in the loft for a Monte Carlo! 🤣 I have boxes of Hotwheels, Johnny Lightning’s & Greenlights. This was my passion before steelbooks and regularly imported boxes from the states.

Anyway, here’s to the next 1000! 🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Hollywood E Rock

That is quite a story. Shame about the first car, though. Looked really nice.

So now that your 1000th post is out of the way, here are some objectives for you to achieve for future milestones:

5000th post - 'My Wedding Day'

10000th post - 'My First Newborn'

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Wassup @Hollywood E Rock !

Fantastic story, thank you for sharing! Now I have to trawl through all of my diecast in the loft for a Monte Carlo! 🤣 I have boxes of Hotwheels, Johnny Lightning’s & Greenlights. This was my passion before steelbooks and regularly imported boxes from the states.

Anyway, here’s to the next 1000! 🍻

@Pbsw23

Collecting cars was my hobby before steelbooks too! Right now in my parents basement there are tubs of Maisto Diecast Cars scale at 1:24 & 1:18. I don’t have a Monte Carlo in my collection though sadly. The future goal is to buy a house & have them on display in a finished garage. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@Hollywood E Rock

That is quite a story. Shame about the first car, though. Looked really nice.

So now that your 1000th post is out of the way, here are some objectives for you to achieve for future milestones:

5000th post - 'My Wedding Day'

10000th post - 'My First Newborn'

@R1s1ngs0n

It did suck at the time, I really loved that car. Because of how much work it took to get it, keep it in good condition, & pay it off I felt like a piece of myself was being sold off when I got rid of it. My mother was even heartbroken because she understood my efforts. She cried when the guy came & got it. I have a ton of great memories with that car, & a bunch of funny stories, so it’s all good.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Pbsw23

Collecting cars was my hobby before steelbooks too! Right now in my parents basement there are tubs of Maisto Diecast Cars scale at 1:24 & 1:18. I don’t have a Monte Carlo in my collection though sadly. The future goal is to buy a house & have them on display in a finished garage. 

Hahaha this is Amazing! Same here!! Only difference is I sold all my 1:24 & 1:18 scales, and now only have a few 1:43 and hundreds of 1:64. Practically all of them American Muscle, and about 90% of those are Mopar.

I made a display cabinet for my old place, but where I live now I have a garage (didn’t have before) and I am in the process of turning it into a Man Cave/Gym. It will be adorned with Marvel, Mopar & all other Things us blokes love like a Dart board and framed footy shirts etc. I even have an old neon pub light. 😁👍🏼

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just git our internet back, been off awhile!🤨

Anywho, late congrats to your @Robertm89, @Pbsw23 for your 1,000th posts, well done friends!😊👍👊🏅

putin applause GIF

Have I missed anyone!?🤔

And congrats to my friend @Hollywood E Rock for his 1,000th post, with your beautiful stories and thin/thick ladies (perfection today, my friend 😘) you are going to make the next 1000 even better, I know!😊👍👊🏅

happy robert de niro GIF

Your 1st car was fantastic and it was a shame to have that $%^# bus hit you... the main thing was you and your mom are alright!🥰

mom hug GIF by STARZ

I luv you man❤️, you are so intelligent and have given me such great advice and friendship and no price can buy that... LIVE LONG & PROSPER my friend!😘 I do not know if you remember the 1st time we met on MP, I talked to you about your MP name and I said you should be the ROCK!😊

the rock gym GIF

charlie brown hug GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Veum said:

Just git our internet back, been off awhile!🤨

Anywho, late congrats to your @Robertm89, @Pbsw23 for your 1,000th posts, well done friends!😊👍👊🏅

putin applause GIF

Have I missed anyone!?🤔

And congrats to my friend @Hollywood E Rock for his 1,000th post, with your beautiful stories and thin/thick ladies (perfection today, my friend 😘) you are going to make the next 1000 even better, I know!😊👍👊🏅

happy robert de niro GIF

Your 1st car was fantastic and it was a shame to have that $%^# bus hit you... the main thing was you and your mom are alright!🥰

shaunies home court GIF by VH1

I luv you man❤️, you are so intelligent and have given me such great advice and friendship and no price can buy that... LIVE LONG & PROSPER my friend!😘 I do not know if you remember the 1st time we met on MP, I talked to you about your MP name and I said you should be the ROCK!😊

the rock gym GIF

charlie brown hug GIF

@Veum

I do remember 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Your kind words are always appreciated.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Hahaha this is Amazing! Same here!! Only difference is I sold all my 1:24 & 1:18 scales, and now only have a few 1:43 and hundreds of 1:64. Practically all of them American Muscle, and about 90% of those are Mopar.

I made a display cabinet for my old place, but where I live now I have a garage (didn’t have before) and I am in the process of turning it into a Man Cave/Gym. It will be adorned with Marvel, Mopar & all other Things us blokes love like a Dart board and framed footy shirts etc. I even have an old neon pub light. 😁👍🏼

1 hour ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Pbsw23

Here’re is my tiny collection peeps!😏

Veum’s cornucopia of figurines and models!😊🤠

2C61CFFB-940A-44A7-89C7-72C8890E35FE.thumb.jpeg.6ebb3e57f0d763e734a8513b6d80beb6.jpeg

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

When I was a kid I loved HO slot cars. I had a pretty big track on a table with fake grass, and lots of buildings, trees, and little plastic people. I used to love building, fixing, and maintaining the cars (they had to be oiled inside and had magnets, brushes, gears, tires, and electrical parts needing constant maintenance). The tracks were black plastic sections that could be changed and swapped at will, with straight, curved, criss-cross, and other track varieties. I don't have any pictures of my own set, but here are some examples I found to give you an idea.

Super Sweet 10 pc Aurora HO Thunderjet T-Jet Slot Car Cond 8.5  ReStart Lot 586

Image result for aurora HO track

Image result for aurora HO cars

I had some really cool cars too, like the Good Humor Ice Cream Truck and the Green Hornet and Batman cars

Image result for aurora HO ice cream

Image result for aurora HO green hornet

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Trianna said:

@Hollywood E Rock great story for your 1000th

great job ok GIF

And I'm just like

ashton sanders walking GIF by A24

everyday cuz I have no car.

@Trianna

I’ve been down that road. My walking days are behind me, but they are very fresh in my memory. On the bright side all the walking you’re doing will keep you in good physical condition. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Trianna

I’ve been down that road. My walking days are behind me, but they are very fresh in my memory. On the bright side all the walking you’re doing will keep you in good physical condition. 

One would think so, right? The walking doesn't amount to the Pizzas, Burgers, sweets...I consume

nintendo eating GIF

• Haha 3

@Hollywood E Rock Thanks for sharing your story. You had a nice first car, and am glad you weren’t injured. My first car was a dodge shadow, I rear ended another car with it, and buckle the hood on it. My brother who owns a body shop repaired it, and thought it would be funny to put decals down the back door/quarter that resembled a Ferrari. So then I was driving a dodge shadow that looked like a Ferrari wanna be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2