IGNORED

UHD CLUB Interstellar (UHD CLUB DP #04) (4K + Bonus Disc Digipak Hardbox) [China]

ksosk

3 hours ago, Masterblaster said:

The main problem is that there is no standard norm size of these editions

I have 4 of the hardboxes so far and Interstellar and gladiator seem to be the same size (~57mm wide) while prestige and dunkirk are about 4mm thinner (~53mm wide) with prestige being about 3mm shorter (it baffles me why they would do that)

20201123_200118_1.thumb.jpg.65df7be8a75481d615f93eb018748df5.jpg

I feel like these sizes are close enough that protectors could be made to fit them all and there are many more titles that I believe will be the same (or similar) size but we could always ask to confirm (inception, les miserables, batman begins, dark knight, dark knight rises, top gun, war of the worlds)

For the big wooden boxes I think @ksosk posted the measurements for 2049 and they were the same or very to close to those of wonder woman. However I do understand not making protectors for a line that currently has two titles (with multiple years in between) and two upcoming titles with one (bumblebee) sort of in limbo.

That being said I'm not sure of hard plastic protectors are even the best option for these lacquered high gloss editions. I was thinking maybe sleeves similar to the ones that manta lab uses but tighter so you dont have excess plastic flapping on the spine.

I dont know if MP has the ability to make these or have then made but if possible, I think it would be a good idea and probably a lot  cheaper 

A fellow psycho recently introduced me to using standard bluray sleeves for steelbooks and I love it. They are the perfect size, so snug that they almost look factory sealed. Since them I use them in every steelbook as soon as I open it before even putting it back in the fullslip. 

Here are some pictures of the dunkirk steelbook. The first one is just the bare steelbook and the second one has a sleeve. You can barely see it but if you look at the corners you can see the corner of the sleeve 

20201106_232736-1.thumb.jpg.40f02e963fc0068d9a01d40327e7a2de.jpg20201106_233609.thumb.jpg.31cf8858851c023f7a8006224b5f4047.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, FlanInTheFace said:

i’m glad the blu ray sleeves worked out for you as well! I put every one of my steels in them

Thanks I do too, especially those glossy ones lol

15 minutes ago, FlanInTheFace said:

a couple of HDzeta one click protectors(thanks John!) and while they are a bit big for The Prestige, it fit Interstellar pretty well!

Can you take some pictures when you get the chance? I might get some. Usually I cut the shrink wrap on one side so I can put back on while I get protectors (in the above picture gladiator and prestige are opened but they still have the shrink wrap) but for some reason I just tore it on these two and I dont think itll go back on lol

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
13 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

I dont know if MP has the ability to make these or have then made but if possible, I think it would be a good idea and probably a lot  cheaper 

A fellow psycho recently introduced me to using standard bluray sleeves for steelbooks and I love it. They are the perfect size, so snug that they almost look factory sealed. Since them I use them in every steelbook as soon as I open it before even putting it back in the fullslip. 

Here are some pictures of the dunkirk steelbook. The first one is just the bare steelbook and the second one has a sleeve. You can barely see it but if you look at the corners you can see the corner of the sleeve 

I used to use those on my steelbooks way back when i first started but i quickly changed to the thicker ones , because in my opinon it does not really give you any protection , except against dust.  Shelf wear will still be a problem and taking in and out of the shelf your rubbing them against the next one in front and in back of it.  Maybe if you keep them distanced some it might help .  I always had the tendency to want to get more space out of my shelf then was actually available so i had some crammed in ... 

Take care

John

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FlanInTheFace said:

Ya mine isn’t either. Not sure why they decided on Spanish?

I'm not sure they did it on purpose, to someone who isnt familiar with the alphabet we use,  english and Spanish probably look the same. They essentially use the same alphabet with minor differences like "ñ" and accents (á)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Because it’s the best one... 😏😎💅🏼

@LeGonze I believe that UHD Club put it in spanish because they wanted to pay tribute to you and me for being such good guys. Sure.

;) 

But really... we had already said this, people could already see it in the edition beauty shots.

I think the first one that noticed was @fonchino

The irony is that this booklet in Spanish is an extract from the book "Interstellar: beyond space and time", a book that ... does not exist in Spanish! There is only in English!

Only this extract was translated to spanish.

Here people complain that the booklet comes in Spanish, and in Spain people complain that they offered an extract in Spanish of a book that can only be purchased in English ...

Even so, I suppose that all of you will love and take care of it like all those booklets in other languages that many of us don't understand and that populate our editions showing the good international taste we have.

I'm still very excited waiting for my copy to arrive. In photos it looks like an impressive edition, and a resoundingly good UHD Club job.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Casiusco said:

@LeGonze I believe that UHD Club wanted to pay tribute to you and me for being such good guys. Sure.

;) 

But reallt... we had already said this, people could already see it in the edition beauty shots.

I guess it provides a good excuse to expand one's horizons and learn a new language. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Casiusco said:

@LeGonze I believe that UHD Club put it in spanish because they wanted to pay tribute to you and me for being such good guys. Sure.

;) 

But really... we had already said this, people could already see it in the edition beauty shots.

The irony is that this booklet in Spanish is an extract from the book "Interstellar: beyond space and time", a book that ... does not exist in Spanish! There is only in English!

Here people complain that the booklet comes in Spanish, and in Spain people complain that they offered an extract in Spanish of a book that can only be purchased in English ...

Even so, I suppose that all of you will love and take care of it like all those booklets in other languages that many of us don't understand and that populate our editions showing the good international taste we have.

I'm still very excited waiting for my copy to arrive. In photos it looks like an impressive edition, and a resoundingly good UHD Club job.

My own "One hit wonder"!! 😎

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, FlanInTheFace said:

Ya this is true, guess i should brush up on my Español!

I do not speak nor understand Spanish even though my wifey does 😂 

rajiv satyal indian comedian GIF by Funny Indian

5 hours ago, Casiusco said:

;) 

The story of the Tower of Babel explains the origins of the multiplicity of languages. God was concerned that humans had blasphemed by building the tower to avoid a second flood so God brought into existence multiple languages. Thus, humans were divided into linguistic groups, unable to understand one another.

i know godzilla GIF by Scorpion Dagger

• Like 2