What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, LongJohnSilver11 said:

@Veum I will enjoy it. Thank you. I'm never tired of Ray Harryhausen movies.

@LongJohnSilver11 I also enjoy Ray’s films very much…

I own this one that you are watching:

Jason and the Argonauts (Blu-ray) + I enjoy/own these good films & need to get these also:

Spoiler

Clash of the Titans (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (Blu-ray) The Valley of Gwangi (Blu-ray) 

20 Million Miles to Earth / It Came from Beneath the Sea (Blu-ray)  Mighty Joe Young (Blu-ray)

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (Blu-ray)   The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (Blu-ray) Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (Blu-ray)

Need: First Men in the Moon (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art Mysterious Island (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (Blu-ray)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, Veum said:

@LongJohnSilver11 I also enjoy Ray’s films very much…

I own this one that you are watching:

Jason and the Argonauts (Blu-ray) + I enjoy/own these good films & need to get these also:

Hide contents

Clash of the Titans (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (Blu-ray) The Valley of Gwangi (Blu-ray) 

20 Million Miles to Earth / It Came from Beneath the Sea (Blu-ray)  Mighty Joe Young (Blu-ray)   

Need: First Men in the Moon (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art Mysterious Island (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (Blu-ray)

Love Ray Harryhausen and have the two Indicator box sets of his films plus the Sinbad collection.  

7AAC3DC0-48AF-4AFC-B71F-47B59BBB596B.jpeg

C0160E6D-F884-4E47-869B-096FE757EC8C.jpeg

F803AA37-8E49-4D4B-9E2F-41C7BFE00C38.jpeg

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
10 minutes ago, LongJohnSilver11 said:

@Gary KIt look amazing, i didn't knew about those editions (indicator). I need them, i will try to find those on eBay.

The harrhausen volume 1 and sinbad aren’t crazy expensive but volume 2 with Jason can get crazy expensive.

good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NOW SHOWING movie theatre sign home theater decor

🥤📺🎬💽 :) watching…

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif

247062_medium.jpg?t=1562265882

This colorful adventure is the screen version of one of the classic tales from “1001 Arabian 
Nights.” It tells the story of Sinbad (Kerwin Mathews) and Princess Parisa (Kathryn Grant). 
When they unexpectedly stop on the island of Colossa on their way to Baghdad, they find 
themselves battling all types of dangers, such as evil magicians, man-eating Cyclopes, fire- 
breathing dragons, and sword-wielding skeletons.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

https://youtu.be/oPRZ91K95dE

UPDATE: excellent film with superb animation especially for it’s time… what’s not to like a beautiful princess, Sinbad, the genie, an evil magician and fantastical creatures! :) 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Reagh said:

Last night the wife and I watched the Northman. We both are really big fans of Robert Eggers’s first 2 movies, and we have been looking forward to this one for a while. We both HATED this one. The acting was terrible at best, the story was weak and the movie was Incredibly boring. This was a huge disappointment. 
3/10 

I was hoping this to be good as I blind bought the Zavvi steel… will I still enjoy it, time will tell 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

🥤📺🎬💽 :) watching…

247138_medium.jpg?t=1562290267

Sinbad and his crew intercept a homunculus carrying a golden tablet. Koura, the creator of the homunculus and practitioner of evil magic, wants the tablet back and pursues Sinbad. Meanwhile Sinbad meets the Vizier who has another part of the interlocking golden map, and they mount a quest across the seas to solve the riddle of the map, accompanied by a slave girl with a mysterious tattoo of an eye on her palm. They encounter strange beasts, tempests, and the dark interference of Koura along the way. It was this film that lead to the casting of Tom Baker in his most iconic role. The 4th Doctor in 'Doctor Who'. 

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

UPDATE: another fantastic Sinbad film with the amazing animation by R.H. And the lovely Caroline Munro. The creatures are great as is the evil magician. Such an enjoyable film that I love to return to watching. 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
5 hours ago, Reagh said:

Last night the wife and I watched the Northman. We both are really big fans of Robert Eggers’s first 2 movies, and we have been looking forward to this one for a while. We both HATED this one. The acting was terrible at best, the story was weak and the movie was Incredibly boring. This was a huge disappointment. 
3/10 

Wow that’s a big disappointment.  I’ve been really looking forward to this one. 

• Like 4

🥤📺🎬💽 :) from our local library watching…

256151_medium.jpg?t=1650125194

Travis Block, a shadowy Government agent who specializes in removing operatives who's covers have been exposed, uncovers a deadly conspiracy within his own ranks that reaches the highest echelons of power.

UPDATE: another enjoyable Liam film… I still enjoy most of his films (especially like these were he is undercover) even if he is getting older! :) 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 9:17 AM, Reagh said:

3/10 

This could be good news. From the previews the Northman looks like a movie I would really like. I didn't like his first two movies that much so hopefully I will enjoy this one. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

On 5/17/2022 at 3:20 PM, Gary K said:

Last night I watched one of the gnarliest, most timely horror films I’ve seen in ages.

The Sadness is a Taiwanese zombie/infection thriller that makes train to busan look like a G rated kids film.  Way over the top practical effects bring the depraved lunacy to life.  

bleak as f u c k, not for the faint of heart and I loved every minute of it. 

the 4K disc looks amazing and it’s also streaming on shudder.  

horror fans - this one rips and keeps ripping. 

4.5/5

I watched this one two nights ago. I love Zombie movies and The Walking Dead and such. This was way too much for me though. I don't think Zombies work well if they retain some of their humanity. Very strange. I am glad you liked it though.

• Like 3

159056_medium.jpg?t=1528969404

Is a four-part British crime drama. As she deals with an unexpected pregnancy, D.I. Helen Weeks must return to the hometown she loathes to help her childhood best friend, who finds herself at the centre of a media frenzy following the abduction of two teenage girls.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Last night was the “requel”/ reimagining of Candyman from director Nia DaCosta and producer Jordan Peele. 

deftly does a better job than some other recent attempts to follow up a beloved story (looking at you Halloween and TCM) while presenting it with an assured visual style and flair. 

Solid performances and effective CGI gore.  Solidly - and sadly - topical as well.

well done.

4/5🐝🐝🐝🐝 

3DCF1595-E044-431D-A15B-E155B903C228.jpeg

Edited by Gary K
  • Like 2

283099_medium.jpg?t=1608324151

David Tennant stars in a bone-chilling true-crime drama focusing on one of the most infamous serial killers in UK history – Dennis Nilsen. Known as the 'kindly killer', Nilsen was a local civil servant who spent five years murdering boys and young men he met on the streets of Soho from 1978 to 1983. He would meet and befriend these men before offering them food or lodgings for the evening back at his North London flat. When he was finally caught on 9 February 1983, Nilsen had murdered a total of fifteen men over a period of five years, making him Britain's most prolific serial killer of the time. 

Des delves into the mind of one of the most emotionally elusive serial killers the world has ever seen. Can we ever really understand the mind of a psychopathic killer? And, if we try, what price do we pay?

256618_medium.jpg?t=1650937567

Life for an entrepreneur and his American family begin to take a twisted turn after moving into a English country manor.

59165_medium.jpg?t=1374381195

A young woman is unconscious, bleeding from a head wound. Hiding in the cellar is her husband, ready to wield a knife at anyone who tries to enter, desperate to protect his secret. What happens next leaves one of the officers dead, the other fighting for her career and Inspector Banks with a chilling murder investigation that will test him to the limit. The beauty and tranquility of England’s Yorkshire Dales provides a striking and contrasting backdrop in this thrilling psychological drama that brings Peter Robinson's fictional detective to the small screen for the first time.

UPDATE: very good copper episode as I so enjoy Stephen Tompkinson as DCI Alan Banks (I have all but this one on DVD)… 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

222374_medium.jpg?t=1606612278

Ava is a deadly assassin who works for a black ops organization, traveling the globe specializing in high profile hits. When a job goes dangerously wrong she is forced to fight for her own survival.

UPDATE: I really do enjoy my female assassins and this film is no exceptions, EXCEPT it was hard to swallow Jessica as a top-notch assassin against Colin as an  assassin also & I had hoped John Malkovich would have had a little more screen time… not a fan at all of Common yuck! 3.5/5

213326_medium.jpg?t=1592104761

Hoping that self-employment through gig economy can solve their financial woes, a hard-up UK delivery driver and his wife struggling to raise a family end up trapped in the vicious circle of this modern-day form of labour exploitation.

UPDATE: Oh my where do I start with this tear-jerker for me. 😢 To see families struggle this way really hits my heart. People are trying to work as hard as they can for their families and then small hurts keep showing up for them. A very good film showing how hard it can be to provide for our families especially if the worker is exploited. 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3