IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, FlanInTheFace said:

Mine as well unfortunately😩I emailed Manta with pics and they got back to me quickly and apologized. They sent a replacement steel with my OUATIH group buy order😁! Hopefully my new copy looks better! I love Mantalab releases, but i’ve had a lot of issues with their steelbooks and damage

@Intentcoin check this out buddy!! I knooooowww!!! Your camera!! 😫

By the way, can you explain “a lot of issues”?? 9_9 @FlanInTheFace

Edited by LeGonze
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

@Intentcoin check this out buddy!! I knooooowww!!! Your camera!! 😫

By the way, can you explain “a lot of issues”?? 9_9 @FlanInTheFace

Ya, just that the majority of my manta steels have all had light scratches, paint chips, dust under the finish, micro dents, etc. They are still one of my favorite retailers, but their quality control is pretty awful in my opinion. Same goes for Nova. I know the Infinity War release from WeET had the scratch issue(my copy should be shipping soon!) but I have every other WEA release by them and they are just miles better on all fronts-condition,quality of slips, steel finishes, booklets, cards. Filmarena too! I’ve been happy with all of their releases as well. It just sucks spending the money on a really nice edition for it to arrive in poor condition.😩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FlanInTheFace said:

Ya, just that the majority of my manta steels have all had light scratches, paint chips, dust under the finish, micro dents, etc. They are still one of my favorite retailers, but their quality control is pretty awful in my opinion. Same goes for Nova. I know the Infinity War release from WeET had the scratch issue(my copy should be shipping soon!) but I have every other WEA release by them and they are just miles better on all fronts-condition,quality of slips, steel finishes, booklets, cards. Filmarena too! I’ve been happy with all of their releases as well. It just sucks spending the money on a really nice edition for it to arrive in poor condition.😩

Wow... Now I feel nervous to open my sealed Mantas.

I hope they come in great condition because it will hurt really bad if they don’t. All of them bought aftermarket. :(

Also the new Mantas I’ll get I think I will open those immediately to check them out.

Thanks for your comments!! 😃😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

I hope they come in great condition because it will hurt really bad if they don’t. All of them bought aftermarket. :(

Also the new Mantas I’ll get I think I will open those immediately to check them out.

Ya it stings a bit! I’ve purchased a lot second hand too and unfortunately there is nothing that can be done if bought sealed. That’s just the chance we take. I’m still deciding if I should open my Infinity War steel when it arrives🤷‍♂️

Edited by FlanInTheFace

16 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

2 minutes ago, FlanInTheFace said:

Ya it stings a bit! I’ve purchased a lot second hand too and unfortunately there is nothing that can be done if bought sealed. That’s just the chance we take🤷‍♂️

*reacts with Sad*

• Haha 2

Some folk earlier in the Thread were asking about;

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy:

Essentially it's a spy film, timed during the Cold War.

If you enjoy spy fliks, this is certainly one of the better ones, with an all-star cast. 🤩

For those that grow fond of the film, I'd highly recommend the UK tv series it was based on.  🥰

Link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tinker-Tailor-Soldier-Spy-Blu-ray/dp/B07VWR4KF4/ref=sr_1_13?crid=2ISQ4CJ9707KV&dchild=1&keywords=smileys+people&qid=1595615892&s=dvd&sprefix=smiley%2Cdvd%2C241&sr=1-13

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy [Blu-ray] [2019]

Also, the follow-up series;

Smiley's People:  🥰

Link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smileys-People-Blu-ray-US-Import/dp/B00CWEPZUC/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2ISQ4CJ9707KV&dchild=1&keywords=smileys+people&qid=1595615679&s=dvd&sprefix=smiley%2Cdvd%2C241&sr=1-5

Smiley's People [Blu-ray] [1982] [US Import]

Both come Highly Recommended, should you, as mentioned, enjoy spy shows ( which I very much do). 🙂

Note: The dvds are actually pretty good as well if you would rather not commit too much coin to them.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

🥤 Mail Call today! 🤠 🎬 😇 😷

0656A3E1-BB4F-4625-8283-D1F7292C3CE3.gif.06ab9e7c55e69b808c9fa9587a867e10.gif

🎞

Just arrived from our Mail-lady hey! 🙂

2C957E16-CE81-42AD-94EF-2E09284C2F22.jpeg.c4701884dbe733a237320e6445f29d63.jpeg

& UPS guy❣️

image.jpeg.86818ead8d6fbe1651613cd9c16fa816.jpeg

A Small cache of goodies today friends!🤩

the simpsons episode 13 GIF

Amazon AMZ.com

*waitng on S1,3,4 &5 YEAH❣️

Line of Duty: Season 2 Blu-ray

Cops unter Verdacht: Staffel 2Rough Trade | 2014 | Season 2 | 369 min |

image.png.2a15419dfcaab819dadaade6b92a7842.png

WAC sale❣️

BDs

Dark of the Sun

Frankenstein 1970

Merills Marauders

Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark

Operation Crossbow

Two On A Guillotine

Cimarron

Dvd

Classical Shorts 3 Stooges

1E1BE968-85C3-422B-B874-CBD29705BA0B.thumb.jpeg.dc38f21715bba2b20e9f252bec015334.jpeg

• Like 6

Well now, I've been fortunate enough to receive a few new treasures as well. 🤩

The biggest haul, being my orders from Wicked Vision (Germany).

I needed to break the assortment into smaller chunks for worthwhile pics, so please bear with me...🧐

First up, some wonderful new Blus from UK, USA and Canada;

- The Mad Magician ( 1954, Indicator. Wonderful Vincent Price flik)

- War Of The Worlds ( Criterion, original 1953, which compliments my Via Vision release from Oz).

- Gretel & Hansel (2019) (I'm a big fan of Witch fliks and I've heard Alice Krieg's performance, is best part of film)

- Death Parade (2015, Anime. Awesome show about folks that need to compete in Purgatory, before going to Heaven or Hell)

- The Flesh and the Fiends (1960, as I've mentioned before one of the best of the "Burke & Hare" stories)

- The Day The Earth Caught Fire (1961) had the dvd forever. Excellent "end of world" flik by some very plucky Brits!) 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.2864490c61411d542f6bdc062dc9fd8e.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

Next up, a sundry of items from Wicked Vision;

- WV's First ed of their magazine.  My German is a little rusty but it should get a good work-out with this. Some wonderful colour pics throughout as well.

- Spec ed mag dedicated to Lovecraft. More German, more incredible pictures.

- Holding Slip Box for the 'Anolis' forthcoming '50s sci-fi collection (10 titles, 1st one shown; "It! Terror From Beyond Space".

image.thumb.jpeg.feb03d4423ce7278669479b7cd8f6c69.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 6

Next, first set of Blus they sent;

- Curse of the Crimson Altar (1968, Brit flik with Karloff and Chris Lee. More witches up to no good. Yes, some German titles don't receive proper translation)

- Count Yorga, Vampire (1970, SteelBook. I have this and the sequel [return of CY] from Arrow as well but wanted that Steel) 🙂

- Necronomicon (1993, I thought I was getting the MB but not a biggy, I also have the superb French special edition, with English track) (Dir by Chris Ganz, one of my FAVE)

- It! The Terror From Beyond Space (1958, one of my childhood faves, very much looking forward to the other 9 '50s Sci-Fi titles for the box) [yes, that's a Blu in DVD case].

image.thumb.jpeg.48ec44472e8ce0681fa37dc193c0dcc7.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

Next we have some of Wicked's renowned MediaBooks (MBs);

- Crimen Ferpecto (2004. Bit of an oddball, to be sure but highly recommended by @pygospa so purchased).

- The Black Torment (1964 Spooky madness by little known Brit company Compton)

- The Devil's Backbone (2001, one of Del Toro's earlier films but an incredible one, to be sure)

- Doctor Mordrid (1992. When Charles Band could not afford the rights for his proposed Dr Strange (Marvel), he made it anyway and changed all the names, heh) It's excellent!

image.thumb.jpeg.20dc023f1703d7609c2600d7a2af328c.jpeg

Note: I thought worth mentioning, each cover has a slip-sheet on it with the artwork and printed info. take off the sheet and the cover is just the ART! Perfect!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5

Next:

- The Curse (1987, one of the fliks based on Lovecraft's "Color Out Of Space")

- Die Monster Die (1965, also loosely based on "Color Out Of Space")

(now that Nick Cage has provided us with an updated version, time for a triple bill watching 😀)

- Tales That Winess Madness (1973, another crazy yet poignant portmanteau from the UK)

- The Deadly Bees (1966, more Brit cottage horror)

image.thumb.jpeg.c1e008758191868165a3553da2c1d648.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5