extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello My Dear Friends!  🥰

I just wanted to let you all know, that I am in fact, starting to improve, health wise.

I won't overly dramatize this but after getting covid, I developed Pneumonia and it was kinda touch and go in the hospital for a while.

I'm obviously back at home but apparently I've lost over 50% Lung capacity due to scarring and yeah, that kinda sucks.

Besides trouble breathing, I'm tired, like stupid tired, all the time.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense. I really do want to start getting back on here and chatting with all the friends I've been thankful for having the opportunity to meet and share fun with.

Yeah, it can be hard getting out of the bull-feces self pity mode but I was provided an incredible incentive today.

The wonderful @Count Dantes himself, telephoned me today and provided me a wealth of best wishes from the Staff and all my friends on here.

That, really hit me in the feels, I gotta say. To know friends care that much, is such a humbling experience.

The least I can do, in response, is pull my butt out of this self-pity party and get in gear.

So anyway, hate to be such a Darryl Downer and hope to bring forward good vibes and cool purchase news.

My sincere thanks to you all, for all the care shown;

Grendel (Jeff)

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Glad to hear you start feeling better @Grendel, I hope your health improves more and more now.

Very happy to visit the Anime section and see a post by you.

get-well-soon-hug.gif

I'm very excited to see a new Mobile Suit Gundam series coming in October

Hope it will be great, it has been a while, since the last few TV Series have not been really good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Grendel said:

I just wanted to let you all know, that I am in fact, starting to improve, health wise.

I won't overly dramatize this but after getting covid, I developed Pneumonia and it was kinda touch and go in the hospital for a while.

I'm obviously back at home but apparently I've lost over 50% Lung capacity due to scarring and yeah, that kinda sucks.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense. I really do want to start getting back on here and chatting with all the friends I've been thankful for having the opportunity to meet and share fun with.

Yeah, it can be hard getting out of the bull-feces self pity mode but I was provided an incredible incentive today.

The wonderful @Count Dantes himself, telephoned me today and provided me a wealth of best wishes from the Staff and all my friends on here.

That, really hit me in the feels, I gotta say. To know friends care that much, is such a humbling experience.

The least I can do, in response, is pull my butt out of this self-pity party and get in gear.

So anyway, hate to be such a Darryl Downer and hope to bring forward good vibes and cool purchase news.

Grendel (Jeff)

We where all worried stupid @Count Dantes is a super star making sure you are ok @Grendel.

PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO RECOVER SLOW AND STEADY. 

No thinking your OK and going doing too much then oh stop using inappropriate language ten steps back .

Sending nothing other than LOVE HUGS AND POSITIVE VIBES MY DEAR FRIEND

I Love You Hug GIF by Funimation

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, Grendel said:

Grendel (Jeff)

Very happy to hear from you Jeff. I wish you a speedy recovery my friend 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Grendel Jeff my friend!  I am glad to hear you are on the mend.  I have been thinking about you, especially as I have been moving through some of the anime you recommended.  I have thoroughly enjoyed each one so far and can't wait until you are feeling better so that we can discuss.  Take your time and recover, as COVID hits everyone differently and with different severity.

I am glad the Count got you and look forward to hearing from you in the future!

Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Grendel said:

Grendel (Jeff)

Thank God we hear from you Sensei!!!... Yeah, I was getting super worried to be honest... 9_9

I'm glad you're are getting better and hope we see you around here like always!!... Just remember that you're not alone!!! Keep fighting Sensei!! ;)

Abrazo!! ^_^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Grendel said:

Grendel (Jeff)

@Grendel, I am so glad you are doing better. We are sending our prayers for you. Please take your time and heal!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Grendel really sorry to hear of you problems jeff thats a bummer, now time to grab bull by the horns my friend take time getting well and proper first your health come first, we will all be here for when you do get right.

don't let it grind you down, your much stronger than you know.

Monsters Inc Hug GIF 

all very the best

basil 👍👍👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 5 weeks later...

Good Evening My Friends;  😀

A tad late to the party but I have a few new additions I'd love to share a pic of with you;

Listing:

- Black Lagoon; Full Series, AtA boxed CE ed.  (wonderful show! Mercenaries, hot girls with guns, Michael Bay type action and hilarious witty dialogue. Highly recommended.)

- Cardcaptor Sakura; Full Series, AtA boxed CE ed. (one  of the best of the "Magical Girl" genre and our neighbourhood Squirrel's fave. Very highly recommended.)

- Seraph of the End; Full Series, AtA boxed CE ed. (teen 'rebels' v.s. Vampire Overlords. A great action show with cool spooky elements and great characters. Recommended.)

- Haibane RenMei; Full Series, MvM slip-boxed CE ed. ( An older show [2002],  Girl 'Angels' must come to grips with their perceived "sins" in order justify their acceptance by the main populace. A bit dark in many circumstances but thankfully, doesn't end in the complete doom&gloom anticipated. Very highly recommended.)

- Blood C; Full Series, AtA boxed Ult. ed with artbook included (The 2nd series follow-up to "Blood, The Last Vampire" Not quite as good as the preceeding series (Blood+) but still excellent. Saya is a Hunter, set to destroy "Elder Bairns" [aka Vampires, with a Lovecraft twist]. Includes the film "Blood-C, Last Dark". Highly recommended )

- Demon Slayer; Mugen Train; Film, Aniplex slip-boxed CE ed. (Film follow-up to S-1 that kicks off S-2. Highly  recommended)

- Your Name; Film, The On, slip-boxed CE ed. SteelBook ( Shinkai provides a very heartwarming and funny display of identity swapping. Highly Recommended)

- Weathering With You; Film, CJ Ent, slip-boxed CE ed. SteelBook ( Shinkai's next beautiful film since YN. Boy meets magical Girl, anime happens. Highly Recommended)

- Jujustsu Kaisen; S-1, AtA boxed CE ed. (S-1 of the ranking king in Shonen action shows. Magic, Demons, High School, murder & mayhem, it's  got it all. Highly Recommended)

image.thumb.jpeg.7a14c65194775dd878eaef9500efa7bd.jpeg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I need to most sincerely, give my highest GRATZ! to my Buddy @LeGonze for his nabbing of the Korean, AoT S-1 Ultimate Edition!

:wow:

Absolutely gorgeous my friend! So very happy to see you score this treasure as I know how much it means to you!

Hopefully they stagger the season releases sufficiently, considering the purse hit (been there, done that...heh) 😉

Also, my sincere kudos to @SquidGame for providing wonderful assistance in your efforts!

Well done friend!  🤩

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Wonderful new arrivals @Grendel.

giphy.gif

Great editions of some great Anime. One correction the Cardcaptor Sakura Set does not include the movies, that would have been great. Hopefully we get another Special Edition from AtA including the 2 movies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/10/2022 at 1:26 AM, Grendel said:

A tad late to the party but I have a few new additions I'd love to share a pic of with you;

Listing:

- Black Lagoon; Full Series, AtA boxed CE ed.  (wonderful show! Mercenaries, hot girls with guns, Michael Bay type action and hilarious witty dialogue. Highly recommended.)

- Cardcaptor Sakura; Full Series, AtA boxed CE ed. (one  of the best of the "Magical Girl" genre and our neighbourhood Squirrel's fave. Very highly recommended.)

- Seraph of the End; Full Series, AtA boxed CE ed. (teen 'rebels' v.s. Vampire Overlords. A great action show with cool spooky elements and great characters. Recommended.)

- Haibane RenMei; Full Series, MvM slip-boxed CE ed. ( An older show [2002],  Girl 'Angels' must come to grips with their perceived "sins" in order justify their acceptance by the main populace. A bit dark in many circumstances but thankfully, doesn't end in the complete doom&gloom anticipated. Very highly recommended.)

- Blood C; Full Series, AtA boxed Ult. ed with artbook included (The 2nd series follow-up to "Blood, The Last Vampire" Not quite as good as the preceeding series (Blood+) but still excellent. Saya is a Hunter, set to destroy "Elder Bairns" [aka Vampires, with a Lovecraft twist]. Includes the film "Blood-C, Last Dark". Highly recommended )

- Demon Slayer; Mugen Train; Film, Aniplex slip-boxed CE ed. (Film follow-up to S-1 that kicks off S-2. Highly  recommended)

- Your Name; Film, The On, slip-boxed CE ed. SteelBook ( Shinkai provides a very heartwarming and funny display of identity swapping. Highly Recommended)

- Weathering With You; Film, CJ Ent, slip-boxed CE ed. SteelBook ( Shinkai's next beautiful film since YN. Boy meets magical Girl, anime happens. Highly Recommended)

- Jujustsu Kaisen; S-1, AtA boxed CE ed. (S-1 of the ranking king in Shonen action shows. Magic, Demons, High School, murder & mayhem, it's  got it all. Highly Recommended)

🥰

Amazing haul @Grendel!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2022 at 2:26 AM, Grendel said:

Listing:

🥰

Sorry if this is a really "newb" question, but what does "AtA" and "MvM" mean? Is it a retailer/ distributor of specialized sets?

I hope that you are doing much better Grendel, thanks for sharing! ☺️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening My Friends;  😊

Wow, there are some really excellent Shows getting some Blu releases this Autumn I'm very much looking forward to;

- Vampire Dies In No Time

- Case Study of Vanitas

- Irina: Hot Vamp in Space

- Burn The Witch 

- Fruits Basket: Final Season

- Fruits Basket Film

- MHA: 5 Pt-2

- MHA: (Film), World Heroes Mission

- Sleepy Princess in Demon Castle

- Shadow's House

- Mars Red

- Demon Slayer: (Series) Mugen Train Arc