IGNORED

Theory11 Premium Playing Cards

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ryanbsmith said:

@R1s1ngs0nThat is very cool, though I was hoping for your post to evolve into an announcement that Theory11 was expanding into the premium movie market, as I so badly want to see a U.S. company involved! 😆

I was expecting some kind of MP tie-in, ha. I didn’t know about the upcoming LotR set, but I’m intrigued

• Like 3

Be careful, though, folks—premium cardistry decks are a whole 'nother collecting addiction that you might not want to get entangled in. :)

(You're all laughing, but seriously—best of luck if you try to grab a new Fontaine deck when they drop. It is as furious as any premium steelbook release!)

Edited by ethnosax
  • Haha 15

31 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I have the Star Wars set and love them. Great cards 👍

Yes, although I don't own them, they are simply stunning.

I have the following:

James Bond (obviously) - the tuck is simply gorgeous but I was a bit disappointed with the cards themselves. Would have loved if they'd used actual characters from the franchise instead of just the weaponry and gadgets but I guess it was not doable for many reasons (most likely image rights).

Beatles boxset and the recently released Yellow Submarine - love the band and all the song references and different characters featured on the court cards. 

Grateful Dead - don't necessarily like the band but both deck and cards are just too beautiful to pass up.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, RockinRaccoon said:

Thanks @RockinRaccoon I am guessing I am better off finding a UK stockist to save on postage, but appreciate the link 👍🏼 I have a Baaaaad feeling about this…. Comics, Pops, Steelbooks, Art of the Movie books, even Lego…. And now playing cards 🤦‍♂️😂

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

Be careful, though, folks—premium cardistry decks are a whole 'nother collecting addiction that you might not want to get entangled in. :)

That might be true, but luckily I apply the same principle to playing cards like I do with Premium editions. I only buy decks I really like and from properties I love, so while the HP, Avengers and SW all look fantastic, I didn't buy them as I'm not a huge fan of these franchises (got the blue HP deck for my daughter, though 😁)

And contrary to Premium editions that cost quite a lot of money, I can afford to splurge on 2 or even 3 decks from each release I buy - one to keep sealed, one to open and play with and one to gift to my daughter who's also a fan of these decks 🙂

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Yes, although I don't own them, they are simply stunning.

I have the following:

James Bond (obviously) - the tuck is simply gorgeous but I was a bit disappointed with the cards themselves. Would have loved if they'd used actual characters from the franchise instead of just the weaponry and gadgets but I guess it was not doable for many reasons (most likely image rights).

Beatles boxset and the recently released Yellow Submarine - love the band and all the song references and different characters featured on the court cards. 

Grateful Dead - don't necessarily like the band but both deck and cards are just too beautiful to pass up.

I was just looking at that James Bond set and I agree with you. There isn’t much that changes in the cards themselves which is a bit disappointing.

That outer box is 🔥 though

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Thank you @R1s1ngs0n 🍻

Never heard of or come across these before! I would certainly love some Marvel versions, but this has certainly just given me some some Fantastic gift ideas!!

Do you buy them direct?

Yes, I buy them directly on their website since I have an account with them and accumulate points with each purchase, allowing me to convert them to special discounts for future purchases or trade them for rare, sold out decks or other cool items.

Lots of UK retailers have them as well, usually a bit more expensive but the lower shipping cost means you'll pay roughly the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Daft said:

MAGNIFIQUE !

Thx @R1s1ngs0n ! I love that, I have choosen 14 packs on their website but... 140$ + 70$ shipping 😅 it made me feel very cold...
So I wait... for the moment. But my choices are done !

I don’t know if you saw it but you have an option to buy a customizable box (includes 12 decks) which saves you 15% and except for both Beatles decks, allows you to pick any deck you want.

https://store.theory11.com/collections/variety-box

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3