IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, ShadowWarrior said:

I'm bored, let's play a game or whatever you wanna call it

What's everyones: 

1. Favorite in-hand Group Buy they have received recently 

2. Group Buy that is coming soon, either shipped or getting close to shipped 

3. Group Buy you're most anticipated to ship that hasn't

Bonus question:

4. Most anticipated Group Buy that hasn't started

the dark knight joker GIF by hero0fwar

1. Zack Snyder's Justice League (HDZeta Gold)

2. Oooh, this one is tougher! 🤣 I'm not sure where it's at status-wise, but probably Edge of Tomorrow. I suspect, though, that The Prestige and the Manta Lab motherbox for ZSJL will beat it here.

3. BluFans The Dark Knight

4. Manta Lab's The Batman

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ShadowWarrior said:

What's everyones: 

Bonus question:

1. Her.  Manta Lab

2. Both Broad Nation releases 

3. UHD  the Mummy & Jurassic Park

4. A Space Odyssey Manta Lab 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, damships said:

I’m torn on psychological testing. 

I was about to respond to this but then my daughter decided to dump glue and acrylic paint onto the carpet...

Reaction GIF

Anyway, knowing your profession, I'm really interested in your perspective. I know that psychologists are in low number/high demand as it is, is that your primary reason for being torn? Or is it more along the lines of whether it would actually result in any change (people find workarounds, etc)?

I think of Colorado and the initial medical requirement to obtain marijuana whenever this comes up. All of a sudden damn near everyone had a note saying they were in need of it and dispensaries outnumbered Starbucks locations. Obviously guns and marijuana are not equals, I just wanted to use that to illustrate my thoughts. 

Btw, totally fine if you're not comfortable expanding on it. I just love civil discussion 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Basil said:

@damships thank you for your long and detailed reply, i get there is no one specific answer and prob many ways around it all like black market etc.

like the idea of 21 plus i may go with 25 just to be safe and this would be only on assault rifles also i would agree with correct training and more background checks and the 30 days before took home, personally think maybe should just be used at gun clubs and kept there in locked cabinets, because the question in my mind becomes "where would you need to use an assault rifle?"

should not need to use that down the woods or wilderness really unless got a pack of bears coming at you.

its more about common sense and tbh really its about time a serious conversation did happen with all the school shootings.

im not against anyone have a gun whether hand held or a general rifle, shotgun or such like. more about ones that rambo carries and really have one purpose to run everything down.

at a gun club can have all the fun you want and its still kept in check thats all.

remove the danger of youngsters or drunks or drug users.

at least if did that going forward starting to head in the right direction for the better than current ignore it situation as money is involved 

i know everyone wont be pleased what ever is done as its deemed invading your rights but what im saying is not about that, its about whats appropriate for all and i really feel for you with your wife being a teacher a very noble profession, i can imagine every time you here of another school shooting how your heart must race till you realise its nowhere near her, you have my deepest respect for you and your wife 👍

Ufc 205 Thank You GIF by UFC

basil 🙏

Thank you for the kind words Basil! I agree with mostly everything you’re saying. I totally get it! I’m hoping everyone can find a way around this.

As for assault rifles, I think a lot of the general public is misinformed about them. Lots of people think AR stands for “assault rifle” and it doesn’t (it stands for ArmaLite Rifle). AR15 is a “style” of rifle or platform. It isn’t a select type of rifle that one can just ban outright. There are so many variants on the AR platform that banning it is a legislative nightmare.

They’re semi-automatic (each shot taken means one pull of the trigger, they aren’t automatic where you can hold the trigger and just spray shots). Automatic AR15s are illegal here. Outside of AR15s, there are SEVERAL other semi-automatic rifles one can utilize with the same functionality (Reugers, Scars, etc). It’s just that the AR15 is just “popular”. If it were somehow banned, people would turn to the plethora of other semi-automatic rifles that could do the same amount of damage. But we can’t ban ALL semi-automatic rifles. Some are the ones used for hunting, etc. 

As for why would someone need an AR15? For me, it’s mainly just home defense and recreational shooting. It’s fun shooting long distance targets, changing scopes on it, and it’s highly accurate for home defense. But if it were banned, just know there’s tons of other weapons people could turn to unfortunately.

I do hope we figure something out soon. 🙏 Because my heart breaks every time this happens. This senseless violence needs to stop. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards

16 hours ago, ShadowWarrior said:

What's everyones: 

Bonus question:

1. ZSJL

2.  Dune Manta Lab

3. Last Night in Soho Cinemuseum (If and it ever is released)

4.  2001 (Probably)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I was about to respond to this but then my daughter decided to dump glue and acrylic paint onto the carpet...

Reaction GIF

Anyway, knowing your profession, I'm really interested in your perspective. I know that psychologists are in low number/high demand as it is, is that your primary reason for being torn? Or is it more along the lines of whether it would actually result in any change (people find workarounds, etc)?

I think of Colorado and the initial medical requirement to obtain marijuana whenever this comes up. All of a sudden damn near everyone had a note saying they were in need of it and dispensaries outnumbered Starbucks locations. Obviously guns and marijuana are not equals, I just wanted to use that to illustrate my thoughts. 

Btw, totally fine if you're not comfortable expanding on it. I just love civil discussion 👍

I’m comfortable expanding on it! No worries.

I’m torn for two reasons primarily:

1) As much as the public wants to believe that mental health professionals can stop mass shooters, there is only so much we can do. I remember reading an article where a psychiatrist described hospitalizing a patient with homicidal ideations. They were in there for one week. They stabilized and calmed down, but the only thing that it really takes to get out of the hospital is “Oh, I’m not thinking or feeling that anymore”. She (the psychiatrist) could protest to keep him longer (a few days) if she had a clinical assumption about his well-being, but a patient could easily fight that off with an appeal. So, when it comes to screening, it can be difficult. People, unfortunately, are good liars. And as much as we are trained, people can easily lie through an evaluation. Then we are left with liability. All of a sudden, I can be held liable if I okay someone for a firearm and maybe later on they commit murder or a mass shooting. Liability, resources, and low reliability and validity of screening measures would be one of my concerns. Also, what diagnoses are okay to have a firearm? Who gets to decide that? Can someone with Generalized Anxiety Disorder have a gun and a person with Major Depression can’t? Can the OCD client have one? Is it all mental health diagnoses? Wouldn’t that be discrimination? This would be a nightmare to try to circumnavigate. 

2) Corruption. If the government were to ever be corrupt all they’d need to say is “Oh, Mr. X has anxiety. He shouldn’t get a weapon.” It could potentially strip people’s rights who really don’t have any significant mental health issues. This is not so much a concern here, but it happens. I brought up Hong Kong for example. I doubt China wants to allow citizens the right to bear arms. Things would be happening a lot differently. 

It’s a complicated issue overall.

And yes, people will always find work around. Look at drugs. They’re illegal, but people get them 24/7. Same with guns. They’re flooded in cities and it’s not difficult buying one if you didn’t want to do it legally. Laws won’t stop someone from getting one if they wanted one. We’ve already passed the point of mass-scale manufacturing and they’re everywhere. 

• Like 4

Awards

Also, through learning about guns and shooting over the last few years, the more and more I found out about how silly some gun control measures are. (Not all, but most). 

When I bought my shotgun, it came with a plastic little tube where the shells are loaded into. The tube keeps you from loading the full amount of shells the shot gun is built to take. My shotgun allows me to load 5+1 (5 shells, with one in the chamber). The tube is due to California law. In California, they limit the shotgun rounds to 3+1 (I believe). If I wanted to conduct a mass shooting, all I’d have to do is take the plastic tube out. TA-DAAA, I can load 5+1.

Magazine limits don’t help. Firstly, you can easily purchase 30 round magazines locally or online. It’s not difficult at all due to mass manufacturing and accessibility. Secondly, if I had no access to higher capacity magazines, all I’d need to do is pre-load several 10 round magazines. Shooters are already doing this with 30 round magazines. It’s ridiculously easy and fast to load a magazine into an AR15. Button release. Slap new one in. Pull handle. Done. 5-7 seconds. 

It just gets kind of corny and weird with some of the gun control measures.  

Best gun control reform would be age limits, increasing time between purchase and receiving the firearm, and mandated safety training. Bump Stocks were also really good to ban and I agreed with that. Still torn on the psychological testing portion though. 

@GuyIncognit0 @Basil

• Like 4

Awards

21 hours ago, ShadowWarrior said:

What's everyones: 

Bonus question:

1. Uhdclub ET. and Jaws. (Like picking a fav child) 

2. Weet Spider-Man NWH. (in the mail)

3. Weet. Age of Ultron 

4. Anything Cine-Museum.  ( because I love to wait)  😆

• Like 4