IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@ShadowWarrior Yeah I’m not to worry about it really. I have to go in to work early tonight so I will fast forward through it in the morning to see if anything important happened. I’m not very excited either, usually I’m somewhat interested in the women’s storylines, but there really isn’t a story for them leading to this event & like you said Cody is injured which really SUCKS.

@Hollywood E Rock Holy sh*t! The Cody Seth watch was insane!

• Like 1

good morning well its 3.33am here in the uk and i can't sleep.

yesterday i was at work and heard the interview on the radio of the poor teacher that had to go thru the shooting at the school and as he talked i cried my eyes out and i guess its has really stuck with me and the complete lack of action from the police and that all those lives where lost due to that inaction.

i completely feel for him and think what the hell is the point of the police giving them guns only to stand outside for the best part of an hour it really is beggars belief.

i sorry if this upsets any of you but i really need to get this off my chest and think why does america need assault weapons sold to anyone?

how many times does the same thing have to happen again and again, before you put those weapons in gun clubs or sold to the over 25's or such like.

and if anyone doubts my sincerity please watch interview that i heard only the teacher bit and tell me its not time some change happened over there, rather than these school mass shootings.

that teacher and kids should never have to thru that ever, peace to the children❤️

poor poor man

basil 🙏

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

I'm bored, let's play a game or whatever you wanna call it

What's everyones: 

1. Favorite in-hand Group Buy they have received recently 

2. Group Buy that is coming soon, either shipped or getting close to shipped 

3. Group Buy you're most anticipated to ship that hasn't

Bonus question:

4. Most anticipated Group Buy that hasn't started

the dark knight joker GIF by hero0fwar

• Like 5

1. Justice League HDZETA Gold with my first platinum number 88

2. Spiderman No Way Home WeET A2

3. Batman V Superman HDZETA Gold / Edge of Tomorrow Broad Nation / A.I. Broad Nation

4. Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn HDZETA Gold

Golden State Warriors Reaction GIF by NBA

Edited by ShadowWarrior
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Basil said:

good morning well its 3.33am here in the uk and i can't sleep.

yesterday i was at work and heard the interview on the radio of the poor teacher that had to go thru the shooting at the school and as he talked i cried my eyes out and i guess its has really stuck with me and the complete lack of action from the police and that all those lives where lost due to that inaction.

i completely feel for him and think what the hell is the point of the police giving them guns only to stand outside for the best part of an hour it really is beggars belief.

i sorry if this upsets any of you but i really need to get this off my chest and think why does america need assault weapons sold to anyone?

how many times does the same thing have to happen again and again, before you put those weapons in gun clubs or sold to the over 25's or such like.

and if anyone doubts my sincerity please watch interview that i heard only the teacher bit and tell me its not time some change happened over there, rather than these school mass shootings.

that teacher and kids should never have to thru that ever, peace to the children❤️

poor poor man

basil 🙏

This is a tough one, Basil. I used to be completely pro-gun control prior to COVID. But things have changed so much and now I’m more of a centrist with it. I totally see both sides. I’m currently a gun owner (since COVID started, I’ve purchased a pistol, shotgun, and an AR15). I am a responsible gun owner and use them strictly for home defense and recreational shooting. 

I am definitely not opposed to some form of gun reform though. Perhaps having only people that are 21 years or older purchase guns would be a good one. Another form of gun reform I’d like to see is maybe passing some form of safety training before being allowed to take the gun home. I’m torn on psychological testing. 

I’m so torn with this issue (which is why I consider myself a centrist with it). Im definitely no gun-nut, but see arguments from both sides.

On one side, the US has WAY too many guns. Gun control isn’t possible and it’s stupid to try with SOME approaches. If someone wants to end their life and conduct a mass shooting, they can easily find a gun illegally (online sales, on the street). Gun control measures aren’t going to stop them. Moreover, I do think some people at schools need to be armed. My wife is a teacher, and at this point, I want her armed, but I understand people’s hesitancy with it. My friend is a gun enthusiast, but does NOT want teacher’s armed because he has children, which I completely understand. At this point, in my opinion, It’s a deterrent we unfortunately need (because there already millions of guns flooding the country). A mass shooter will less likely make an attempt if they knew some staff were armed. Also, when I see countries like Russia and China…I’m grateful for being armed. China would not be able to do what they’re doing in Hong Kong and Beijing if the citizens were armed. It would be a completely different scenario.

On the other hand, some gun control can definitely help. Increasing the age could have stopped this individual. Forcing training and testing would have further stopped him or delayed it to where someone could intervene. I’m also in support of delaying the time between background check and gun being taken home. Maybe they should have someone wait 30 days before being able to take a gun home. 

I don’t see a clear answer. I’m so sick of this happening. It breaks my heart. But I honestly think there are just way too many guns in this country to where gun control is impossible. If someone wants to do it, they’re gonna do it because they can easily get a gun illegally. I’ve had TONS of clients in the past who illegally gotten weapons.

If you ban an “AR15”, there is no clear definition of what that is from a legislative perspective. Someone can easily change parts of an AR15 (barrel, stock, magazine, receiver) and all of a sudden it’s “legal”. Someone can also “make” an AR15 on their own, which technically isn’t “illegal”. It’s almost like the drug “spice”. It’s illegal, but people have thrown different chemicals into it to where some versions of “spice” aren’t illegal. 

It’s all a mess. But, unfortunately, at this point the answer is just arming people and teaching them how to defend themselves. Otherwise, this will keep happening and people will find and get guns regardless of the law. There was a recent attempted mass shooting in Virginia. He was stopped and killed by an armed citizen. I can see that happening elsewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

@damships thank you for your long and detailed reply, i get there is no one specific answer and prob many ways around it all like black market etc.

like the idea of 21 plus i may go with 25 just to be safe and this would be only on assault rifles also i would agree with correct training and more background checks and the 30 days before took home, personally think maybe should just be used at gun clubs and kept there in locked cabinets, because the question in my mind becomes "where would you need to use an assault rifle?"

should not need to use that down the woods or wilderness really unless got a pack of bears coming at you.

its more about common sense and tbh really its about time a serious conversation did happen with all the school shootings.

im not against anyone have a gun whether hand held or a general rifle, shotgun or such like. more about ones that rambo carries and really have one purpose to run everything down.

at a gun club can have all the fun you want and its still kept in check thats all.

remove the danger of youngsters or drunks or drug users.

at least if did that going forward starting to head in the right direction for the better than current ignore it situation as money is involved 

i know everyone wont be pleased what ever is done as its deemed invading your rights but what im saying is not about that, its about whats appropriate for all and i really feel for you with your wife being a teacher a very noble profession, i can imagine every time you here of another school shooting how your heart must race till you realise its nowhere near her, you have my deepest respect for you and your wife 👍

Ufc 205 Thank You GIF by UFC

basil 🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ShadowWarrior said:

I'm bored, let's play a game or whatever you wanna call it

What's everyones: 

1. Favorite in-hand Group Buy they have received recently 

2. Group Buy that is coming soon, either shipped or getting close to shipped 

3. Group Buy you're most anticipated to ship that hasn't

Bonus question:

4. Most anticipated Group Buy that hasn't started

the dark knight joker GIF by hero0fwar

1. Manta ZSJL FS

2. WeET Spider-man NWH A2 FS

3. HDZeta Lord of the Rings Gold Label 

4. Hmm...probably one of the releases Manta has planned. 2001:ASO, Suicide Squad, etc

This was kind of tough because things have slowed down so much because of COVID

• Like 4