IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

2 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

We just kept everything under lock and key.

Sack barrow , straight  Jackets , Chains and face guards  

Wheel the kids out from the padded cells . Freed the hands a little to eat solids.  Long straws and containers for everything else 😁👍👍❤❤

A little like 

giphy.gif

Kids are great where steelbooks are concerned 👍👍🤣🤣🤣

Thought I could just keep them out on display in the living room but all it took was one day for the wife to not be watching them closely for a few video game stress to meet the hard wood floors 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Need help finding a Film;

For a number of years now, I've been trying to recall the title of a (film/tv film?) that totally eludes me and I'm hoping you extremely knowledgeable folk can help me out.

Maybe @Veum, with his love for westerns might know?

Essentially it's a flik about a very nasty hombre that is either Mexican or half-Mexican and he goes on a nut-bar killing spree.

The one sequence that stuck with me for years, is his gang members include this psycho that captures women and children in their raids, ties them up and then burns them to death in a circle.

Quite chilling actually, though it's an older film (well, 80's or early 90's?) and you don't actually see them all burn to death (thankfully!).

Justifiably I guess and I hate to ruin a plot point but he gets gut-shot by a (posse/townsfolk?) and ends up freezing to death, abandoned by his gang members.

Lots of other grueling plot points but can't remember them all (I think the lead character even kills his mother by slitting her throat in shallow water!).

So, if anyone can recall this show, which I would love to find on Blu or dvd, it would be much appreciated.

Not because it was necessarily great, just bugs me I can't find it or remember title, heh

Cheers!

🙂

Edited by Grendel

57 minutes ago, Grendel said:

For a number of years now, I've been trying to recall the title of a (film/tv film?) that totally eludes me and I'm hoping you extremely knowledgeable folk can help me out.

Essentially it's a flik about a very nasty hombre that is either Mexican or half-Mexican and he goes on a nut-bar killing spree.

The one sequence that stuck with me for years, is his gang members include this psycho that captures women and children in their raids, ties them up and then burns them to death in a circle.

Quite chilling actually, though it's an older film (well, 80's or early 90's?) and you don't actually see them all burn to death (thankfully!).

Justifiably I guess and I hate to ruin a plot point but he gets gut-shot by a (posse/townsfolk?) and ends up freezing to death, abandoned by his gang members.

Lots of other grueling plot points but can't remember them all (I think the lead character even kills his mother!).

So, if anyone can recall this show, which I would love to find on Blu or dvd, it would be much appreciated.

Not because it was necessarily great, just bugs me I can't find it or remember title, heh

Cheers!

🙂

Hey @Grendel was it The Wild Bunch?!

59184D09-848A-4206-993B-A4B50C5687B9.jpeg.c6644e440dbb76a97e9152524f7bc8c0.jpeg

After a bloody holdup attempt at a railroad depot, a notorious gang of outlaws rides south to Mexico pursued by bounty hunters. The outlaws are led by Pike Bishop, a tough man weighed down by age, regret and the knowledge that his way of life is over. The bounty hunters are led by Deke Thornton, Pike’s former partner, who has been bailed out of jail by the railroad on condition that he bring back Pike, dead or alive. Thornton would rather join Pike, but he gave his word. In Mexico, Pike’s gang takes a job stealing weapons to supply a Mexican war lord, but is this really the kind of work they want to do?

^^ Hi buddy;

No, I know that film inside out, backward and forward, one of my faves of all time.

This one is relatively obscure.

The main bad guy is more a late teenager than a full fledged adult, though his gang members (or rival gang members?) are all adults.

There's not a well known actor amongst them I can point to I'm afraid or it would be far easier to look up.

Thanks for your efforts though my friend!

🙂

edit: also, I have a strong suspicion this was one of those "made for tv" movies?

I'm sorry I don't remember more... heh.

Edited by Grendel

• ★ Administrators ★
On 8/24/2019 at 6:00 PM, R1s1ngs0n said:

The one and only...

Happy 89th birthday Sir Sean!

BA60DFDE-AF0C-496C-ABC7-156017B6D623.gif

I'm probably one of the few people who actually like this very weird movie. It made a huge impression on me when I saw it. Yes there are some cringe worthy moments but also some very cool concepts and ideas. Plus, a flying head!

zardoz-featured-1200x676.jpg 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I'm probably one of the few people who actually like this very weird movie. It made a huge impression on me when I saw it. Yes there are some cringe worthy moments but also some very cool concepts and ideas. Plus, a flying head!

zardoz-featured-1200x676.jpg 

Never had the opportunity to see it myself (not really a staple of TV re-runs) but that Connery outfit is legendary. I read the synopsis and I admit it does sound quite interesting. 

3 hours ago, Grendel said:

Lots of other grueling plot points but can't remember them all (I think the lead character even kills his mother by slitting her throat in shallow water!).

Cheers!

🙂

Hey it wasn't Barbarosa was it?

images.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ Alas, no, I'm afraid not my friend.

I've seen Barbarosa  as well and remember it, so I know the two films are not the same.

Thanks for looking though!

Hey @Grendel

You're unable to remember any of the actors in the film? If you know just one by name the seach could be easier to figure out. 

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
9 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Never had the opportunity to see it myself (not really a staple of TV re-runs) but that Connery outfit is legendary. I read the synopsis and I admit it does sound quite interesting. 

You really do have to see it. A movie like this could never be made by a major studio today, it's pretty far out there. It's very confusing the first time through as key plot points are held back until the end but at it's heart it's high concept sci-fi (with lots of violence and nudity thrown in xD), the kind that makes you think afterwards. Immortality is not all it's cracked up to be.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

You really do have to see it. A movie like this could never be made by a major studio today, it's pretty far out there. It's very confusing the first time through as key plot points are held back until the end but at it's heart it's high concept sci-fi (with lots of violence and nudity thrown in xD), the kind that makes you think afterwards. Immortality is not all it's cracked up to be.

Yeah,  that’s what I gathered from reading the movie’s plot (now I even know what the title stands for).

Besides, a movie directed by the man who made Deliverance, featuring Sean Connery, Charlotte Rampling, sex and violence can’t be all that bad 😉

Edited by R1s1ngs0n

• ★ Administrators ★
19 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Yeah,  that’s what I gathered from reading the movie’s plot (now I even know what the title stands for).

Besides, a movie directed by the man who made Deliverance, featuring Sean Connery, Charlotte Rampling, sex and violence can’t be all that bad 😉

Haha, for a lot of people this is one of the worst movies ever made (not that I care). it's absolutely stunning to me that this is the same director who did Deliverance. The two movies are worlds apart, literally! 

🍵 good morning here, good day there... Veum here! 💪

giphy-downsized.gif

Raining alot today! ¬¬

giphy-downsized.gif

More money to shell out, we need 4 new tires! 😩

giphy-downsized.gif giphy.gif

5 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

tenor.gif? itemid = 9158571

Update and New Request Phase for Man of Steel is now open

WHAT???!!! How am I to survive this August MP payments! 🙏

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

tenor.gif? itemid = 3571124

IMPORTANT! BLUFANS GB Spider verses!

If some have not noticed, please make clear that your mobile number is deposited with Paypal and we get it displayed. Otherwise, additional costs may be incurred should the program return to Blufans.

Member @Ehsan describes how you can set it right in this post.

Otherwise, send @DodgyDave a PM 😅

Yeah I saw my phone number on the box of BF DL Venom I just got recently, so I'm good to go! 😎

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Veum said:

🍵 good morning here, good day there... Veum here! 💪

giphy-downsized.gif

Raining alot today! ¬¬

giphy-downsized.gif

More money to shell out, we need 4 new tires! 😩

giphy-downsized.gif giphy.gif

5 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

tenor.gif? itemid = 9158571

Update and New Request Phase for Man of Steel is now open

WHAT???!!! How am I to survive this August MP payments! 🙏

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

tenor.gif? itemid = 3571124

IMPORTANT! BLUFANS GB Spider verses!

If some have not noticed, please make clear that your mobile number is deposited with Paypal and we get it displayed. Otherwise, additional costs may be incurred should the program return to Blufans.

Member @Ehsan describes how you can set it right in this post.

Otherwise, send @DodgyDave a PM 😅

Yeah I saw my phone number on the box of BF DL Venom I just got recently, so I'm good to go! 😎

giphy.gif

Paycheck? What paycheck?

509869754f1df.jpeg

• Haha 2