IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning/afternoon everybody!

The summer is comming!

Soon we will again feel the pleasure of signing up for a GB by the sea, drinking something tasty, before dropping into the water and looking at the horizon thinking about where we have to swim to reach @Veum island. ;) 

@Casiusco swim to @Veum island at your own risk…

image.gif.6ba0fccb41b6ad916ee19b9ffabd915e.gif 

image.gif.bd6ed47fc06e1b03482a9d4e99dc01c0.gif

image.gif.5f267c37b1c963be71923a2246532054.gif

image.gif.7b942b6d03d107442cc0378ad49f7ebb.gif

image.gif.98c9ee097eb33f01fa84ada89aef5438.gif

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

It is a huge Horror Convention here Dallas/Fort Worth Area with Actors/Actresses, Boutique Labels (Arrow, Vinegar Syndrome, Synapse, Severin & Cauldron), Cosplay and Shenanigans.

Texas Frightmare Weekend

Oh man, yeah I'm massively jealous, that's going to be a blast! I remember seeing now you were going to meet John Carpenter, the legend himself. Have an awesome time! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning/afternoon.

I used to post the David Lynch video giving the weather forecast in LA, when on Fridays he used to start saying "youuuu caaan believe it! it's friday once again!".

But after a long time giving the weather forecast every day, without fail, he stopped doing it a few months ago. No more.

But it's not a bad thing, no, it's great.

He doesn't do it anymore because he's working.

And that's exciting.

I don't know what he's doing, does anyone know???, but whatever it is... few people can surprise like him. Making films or series that then inspire legions of directors who come after him.

Always behind. 

Right now I miss @Reagh :( 

Anyway, we'll wait for Lynch. I hope he too.

And yes,.... youuuu caaaaaaaan believe it! it's friday once again!!!!

• Like 5

Good morning/afternoon.

I used to post the David Lynch video giving the weather forecast in LA, when on Fridays he used to start saying "youuuu caaan believe it! it's friday once again!".

But after a long time giving the weather forecast every day, without fail, he stopped doing it a few months ago. No more.

And that's exciting.

I don't know what he's doing, does anyone know???, but whatever it is... few people can surprise like him. Making films or series that then inspire legions of directors who come after him.

Always behind. 

I'm excited to see what Lynch will be putting out, it's been a long time. I miss @Reagh too.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

Happy Friday Everyone! As I prepare for one of my favorite conventions of the year, what conventions do you attend and why?

giphy(3).gif.6dd9855e99fe2208509835bd75c22ed3.gif

1 Day Until Texas Frightmare Weekend (Reading Up on Candyman Origins)

15 Days Until Fan Expo Dallas

158 Days Until Halloween

180 Days Until Thanksgiving

213 Days Until Christmas

I’m always being interrupted 😂 😆 😛 

image.gif.c85a79732456564967aac2b42984ba4d.gif 

image.gif.96a83d6d1dde931073fbceef96ddaf25.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, nathan_s82 said:

Happy Friday Everyone! As I prepare for one of my favorite conventions of the year, what conventions do you attend and why?

giphy(3).gif.6dd9855e99fe2208509835bd75c22ed3.gif

1 Day Until Texas Frightmare Weekend (Reading Up on Candyman Origins)

15 Days Until Fan Expo Dallas

158 Days Until Halloween

180 Days Until Thanksgiving

213 Days Until Christmas

I really want to go more conventions! I've only been to a couple.... Here in metro-Detroit, we have the annual science fiction convention ConFusion, which I attended back in 2017. I went specifically to meet author Joe Hill (Stephen King's son) and have him sign the first three Locke & Key graphic novels, and sat in on a reading panel with him and John Scalzi. The two had a pillow fight, which I naturally recorded for posterity! 🤣 Got to meet a few great authors, including Patrick Tomlinson and Kameron Hurley, so it was a really cool event. 

In 2019, StokerCon was in Grand Rapids, which is on the other side of Michigan from me. I drove out there to attend as both a big horror reader and as an author. I did a signing, got to meet a handful of my favorites, like Brian Keene, Jonathan Maberry, Robert McCammon, Cynthia Pelayo, and god, loads of others whose names I'm blanking on now. Somehow Josh Malerman (Bird Box) knew who I was, which I still can't believe; he was manning a table behind me and had a line out the ballroom and down the hall. Brian Keene signed a literal box load of books I'd brought with me for him to autograph, as did Jonathan Janz. They say never meet your heroes, but between Keene and Janz, I say F THAT. They were beyond generous and absolutely wonderful to meet. I'd reviewed a handful of Janz's books and talked with him online, so he gave me a great big hug when we met; incredible! The dude is so eager and earnest, just a marvelous human being. It was an absolutely incredible weekend and I wish I could afford to do another one soon.

On my bucket list is Novi's ComicCon, which just had their recent convention a week or two ago, and brought in a ton of great celebs. I'd also like to check out Motor City Nightmares. A return to StokerCon is definitely on my list, too.

Have fun at Texas Frightmare! I can't wait to see your videos from it!

• Like 2

Good morning/afternoon.

And that's exciting.

Always behind. 

I miss @Reagh, too. I hope he's doing well, and if anybody here is in contact with him, please let him know we're thinking of him.

As for Lynch, no idea what he's working on, but if you haven't seen it before look up the video where he shows how to fix a hole in pants. Intriguing stuff! 🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

I miss @Reagh, too. I hope he's doing well, and if anybody here is in contact with him, please let him know we're thinking of him.

As for Lynch, no idea what he's working on, but if you haven't seen it before look up the video where he shows how to fix a hole in pants. Intriguing stuff! 🤣

I’ve been texting @Reagh screenshots of everyone missing him this morning.  I know he will appreciate all of them.  

He’s doing much much better these days but still has some things to sort out  I’ll def let him know all the well wishes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I’ve been texting @Reagh screenshots of everyone missing him this morning.  I know he will appreciate all of them.  

He’s doing much much better these days but still has some things to sort out  I’ll def let him know all the well wishes.  

Thank you so much! Please give him my best and let him know I'm rooting for him. I hope he comes back to MP soon, but the mental health side of things definitely comes first. I get it. I hope he's doing well. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Veum said:

🥤🧋🎬 Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌤️  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :)

🏎️ 🏎️ 🏎️

image.gif.54d7b1c9cbed437c3a0297d8f47ea6ee.gif

image.gif.528c6e7b4a6ffe1a0c963964095668c1.gif

Day

5/27
80°Hi
RealFeel® Sun 85°
RealFeel Shade™ 77°
Delightful with intervals of clouds and sunshine; dry and warm weather expected over the holiday weekend

Thanks for your greetings Mike @Veum

push-getoutmyway.gif.76fabd681995d0dda96396d65ba25da8.gif

Today I open my popup waffle shop! Come one! Come all!

falling-waffle-waffle.gif.deefce51285327e959bd3b0c50732bb0.gif

Resized_17c95ef8-a2fa-49e6-85df-70a98ebddeed_582939646611947.gif.8d13bf1dc8501a0d343f044792ea5220.gif

• Like 4