IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening My Friends;  😊

I wasn't altogether sure where to make this query so thought perhaps this wonderful group sub-forum might assist.

Apparently, CineAsia (UK) has plans of releasing on 14 Aug, a nice Blu for;

The Wandering Earth II  

on Blu-Ray, which is fine however, I am keenly interested to discover if Discino will grace us with a wonderful Boxed Spec Ed, as they did for the first film?

That release was truly gorgeous and I so sincerely hope they do so.

I'm hoping that @ksosk may be able to provide some info in this regard?

I very much enjoyed the 1st flik and would love to see the 2nd given similar honourable treatment.  😍

Any news is welcome, Ta!

• Like 5

Dear Psychos.

I hope you are well. Summer is coming, and it's much needed. It has been a hard, intense, and too long winter and spring. 

Here the weather is good, 23-27 ºC, there are no clouds, and there is a nice wind blowing, which is sometimes a bit cool, but it doesn't stop you from enjoying a walk or a drink in a bar.

The problem is having time.

Time to watch films.
Time to come in here.
Time to enjoy the good weather.

Ah, time, that gold of the future, which the day it can be bottled will provoke the bloodiest and most terrible wars in our history.

Because we all need more of it.

More.
More.

In fact, I think I need 50-hour days. :D 

Maybe I should change planet... 

pensando-gif.gif

I'm sure there's one like that ;) 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Dear Psychos.

I hope you are well. Summer is coming, and it's much needed. It has been a hard, intense, and too long winter and spring. 

Here the weather is good, 23-27 ºC, there are no clouds, and there is a nice wind blowing, which is sometimes a bit cool, but it doesn't stop you from enjoying a walk or a drink in a bar.

The problem is having time.

Time to watch films.
Time to come in here.
Time to enjoy the good weather.

Ah, time, that gold of the future, which the day it can be bottled will provoke the bloodiest and most terrible wars in our history.

Because we all need more of it.

More.
More.

In fact, I think I need 50-hour days. :D 

Maybe I should change planet... 

pensando-gif.gif

I'm sure there's one like that ;) 

I wish I had 50 hour days. I could get so much done in that timeframe!

• Like 4

Good morning/afternoon everybody.

It's very quiet around here, too quiet, and I'm going to tell you some positive news about physical format.

The Spanish market has usually been used by the big brands to make experiments in the field of physical format. 

When 4K arrived, Disney decided not to distribute 4K in Spain. This is very important, but not only because of Disney, but also because the rest of the Majors have subcontracted or ceded some local distributors to sell their films here; they no longer distribute here directly, and many very famous 4K titles were no longer distributed here.

Well, with time, and the power of the fans, Disney has begun to distribute 4K in Spain, not many titles at the moment, but little by little some have already been published.

And the best thing is that some of the local distributors have started - little by little - to edit and/or distribute 4K: A Contracorriente (the ones with Chaplin's hat) have released a good full slip edition of "Crash" in 4K, and also now "Cinema Paradiso"; and as good as that or better is that Divisa, a local distributor that today manages in Spain some international catalogues, for first time has also started to distribute 4K this month, having to create new discs because the international versions of the discs did not include Spanish because it was not planned.

And now we already have "Terminator 2" and the last cut of "Apocalypse Now" in 4K, for first time; and soon also John Wick.

It may sound inconsequential that they are releasing a couple of 4K titles in Spain, but it's interesting that when the physical format seemed to have hit rock bottom, it's starting to show positive signs of life in one of the weakest markets.

🤘

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning/afternoon everybody.

It's very quiet around here, too quiet, and I'm going to tell you some positive news about physical format.

The Spanish market has usually been used by the big brands to make experiments in the field of physical format. 

When 4K arrived, Disney decided not to distribute 4K in Spain. This is very important, but not only because of Disney, but also because the rest of the Majors have subcontracted or ceded some local distributors to sell their films here; they no longer distribute here directly, and many very famous 4K titles were no longer distributed here.

Well, with time, and the power of the fans, Disney has begun to distribute 4K in Spain, not many titles at the moment, but little by little some have already been published.

And the best thing is that some of the local distributors have started - little by little - to edit and/or distribute 4K: A Contracorriente (the ones with Chaplin's hat) have released a good full slip edition of "Crash" in 4K, and also now "Cinema Paradiso"; and as good as that or better is that Divisa, a local distributor that today manages in Spain some international catalogues, for first time has also started to distribute 4K this month, having to create new discs because the international versions of the discs did not include Spanish because it was not planned.

And now we already have "Terminator 2" and the last cut of "Apocalypse Now" in 4K, for first time; and soon also John Wick.

It may sound inconsequential that they are releasing a couple of 4K titles in Spain, but it's interesting that when the physical format seemed to have hit rock bottom, it's starting to show positive signs of life in one of the weakest markets.

🤘

That is amazing news. It shows that Physical Media is not dead and Fans still want it. That is the hardest part, we have to actively buy titles so companies continue to put out more titles we want. I'm looking at you Shout Factory, we need a new Nightmare on Elm Street Set in the US.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nathan_s82 said:

Time to wake up Psychos! It's a new day and one day closer to Frightmare weekend!

giphy(2).gif.2ac16078fc5304993602046f3dd31f43.gif

2 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend (Boarding up the Doors & Windows from the Dead)

16 Days Until Fan Expo Dallas

159 Days Until Halloween

181 Days Until Thanksgiving

214 Days Until Christmas

It would be fun to go like this as a group, playing zombies and visiting houses...

I don't know how anyone hasn't done it, then sharing a video with the reactions. :D 

• Like 4