IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning, dear Psychos.

The summer is coming! 

Get your swimsuits, suntan lotion, sunglasses, cocktail preferences, and forget about going to the gym now. It's too late!

no-nope.gif

Jokes aside, it's funny how in certain stages of life we take being healthy as a joke, and with time and years... we'd better take care of ourselves. The body notices it. And it has a memory.

Be healthy! From time to time ;)

Amen! My 40 year old body is way different than my 20 year old one. Hmm, all those partying days as a 20 year might have caught up now.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

Amen! My 40 year old body is way different than my 20 year old one. Hmm, all those partying days as a 20 year might have caught up now.

The funny thing is that we always think it's something that only happens in the movies, or to a certain type of people, but... no, it's not like that, if you don't take care of yourself a little bit, you notice it.

And you can see it, for example, in the ability to recover from parties, yes! :D

But also in what the doctor tells you when you enter smiling to see the results of an analysis thinking that you are Superman. 

Or in the different way your body reacts on a daily basis in times when you take care of your food and in times when everything is a gluttonous orgy, or, simply, nothing matters.

Even the stomach has a memory. Over time, it reacts worse to certain excesses...

But don't worry, dear @nathan_s82. We are still and will continue to be the prettiest. 🤘

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning, dear Psychos.

The summer is coming! 

Get your swimsuits, suntan lotion, sunglasses, cocktail preferences, and forget about going to the gym now. It's too late!

no-nope.gif

Jokes aside, it's funny how in certain stages of life we take being healthy as a joke, and with time and years... we'd better take care of ourselves. The body notices it. And it has a memory.

Be healthy! From time to time ;)

image.gif.ad2fe4d917603d08cafe496fd8267723.gif

• Haha 8

Good morning.

Today I stopped to think about the relevant films of the past year, and I have the feeling that they have had few collector's editions. Even those films that always had it, whether they had more fans or less, because they were the film "of the moment", have not had their corresponding relevant editions.

Is it just me who sees it that way, or is it real?

• Like 6

🥤🧋🎬 Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌤️  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :)

image.gif.2b6a4bb40e61dc247c09e7dbb6d7ec9a.gif

Nils your cousins are sweating over in our parts 😅 

image.gif.d43ee933a5b057ab901806f5699a540e.gif

Day

6/1
91°Hi
RealFeel® Sun 94°
RealFeel Shade™ 88°
Hot with sunshine mixing with some clouds

image.gif.6264ac7f78862b2961f08e4e8ae71d14.gif 

image.gif.220590baa6c2bb604638539b313571d6.gif

🥵...AN AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY HAS BEEN DECLARED... The officials at the Indiana Department of Environmental Management have called for an Air Quality Action Day on Friday June 2 for the following Indiana counties... Carroll, Warren, Tippecanoe, Clinton, Howard, Fountain, Montgomery, Boone, Tipton, Hamilton, Madison, Delaware, Randolph, Vermillion, Parke, Putnam, Hendricks, Hancock, Henry, Vigo, Clay, Owen, Morgan, Johnson, Shelby, Rush, Sullivan, Greene, Monroe, Brown, Bartholomew, Decatur, Knox, Daviess, Martin, Lawrence, Jackson and Jennings. This Air Quality Action day will be in effect from 1200 AM to 1159 PM. An Air Quality Action Day means that a combination of the high temperatures, light winds, and other factors, are expected to produce conditions where high levels of ozone emissions may exceed federally mandated standards. Here are some recommended actions that the public can take to reduce ozone forming emissions: * Walk, bike, carpool or use public transportation. * Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one trip. * Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn equipment until after 7pm. * Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds. * Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air conditioner to 75 degrees or above.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning.

Today I stopped to think about the relevant films of the past year, and I have the feeling that they have had few collector's editions. Even those films that always had it, whether they had more fans or less, because they were the film "of the moment", have not had their corresponding relevant editions.

Is it just me who sees it that way, or is it real?

I suspect this to be true as well. Which films come to mind for you? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hansreinhardt said:

I suspect this to be true as well. Which films come to mind for you? 

The Northman.  (A lot of fans, I cannot undertand why not a collector's edition...)

Elvis (Only Rarofilm edition......)

Babylon (His first film without collector edition)

Nope (Not a blockbuster, but a director with a lot of fans)

Moonfall (yeah!)

Knives out 2

And more...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

The Northman.  (A lot of fans, I cannot undertand why not a collector's edition...)

Elvis (Only Rarofilm edition......)

Babylon (His first film without collector edition)

Nope (Not a blockbuster, but a director with a lot of fans)

Moonfall (yeah!)

Knives out 2

And more...

Good points! I am particularly surprised The Northman doesn't have a collector's edition. I hope Glass Onion gets a standard physical release, let alone collector's edition (ideally both!) Could've sworn Moonfall got a premium but now that I think about it, it was only a steelbook. Hopefully all of these on your list get nice releases someday! 

I'll add one to this list: Doctor Sleep.

• Like 5

On 1/4/2021 at 5:16 PM, Veum said:

🥤 Mail Call today! 🤠 🎬 😇 😷

0656A3E1-BB4F-4625-8283-D1F7292C3CE3.gif.06ab9e7c55e69b808c9fa9587a867e10.gif

🎞

Just arrived from our Mail lady a small cornucopia of goodies, hey! 🙂

2C957E16-CE81-42AD-94EF-2E09284C2F22.jpeg.c4701884dbe733a237320e6445f29d63.jpeg

image.gif.3dbb5f4354a52200098b595111768c7d.gif

MP

Prefix-Filmarena King Kong (FAC Exclusive No.139) (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Czech Republic]

Prefix-HDZeta Doctor Sleep (HDZeta Silver Label Exclusive) (WWA Steelbook) [China]

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 20th Anniversary (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Taiwan]

image.png.00e78155e32fc905975eaa5c389b7e3e.png

Venom 4K Blu-ray

Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook / 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital HD

fleabay

Hell or High Water Blu-ray

The Blu Collection | Creative Edition

5FB405F9-6673-443F-80ED-FB1321C9822C.thumb.jpeg.29ded8dd8c661fd4afea83f4f67f70c4.jpeg

On 9/30/2021 at 2:20 PM, Veum said:

🥤 Mail Call today from MP & from other retailers in recent acquisitions! 🤠 🎬 😇 😷

0656A3E1-BB4F-4625-8283-D1F7292C3CE3.gif.06ab9e7c55e69b808c9fa9587a867e10.gif

🎞

A NICE HUGE cornucopia of goodies, hey! 🙂

2C957E16-CE81-42AD-94EF-2E09284C2F22.jpeg.c4701884dbe733a237320e6445f29d63.jpeg

image.gif.3dbb5f4354a52200098b595111768c7d.gif

BEAUTY SHOTS LIVE HOLGER @Cornbuster !😛 

MP

BB - The Wizard of Oz, Doctor Sleep, ANNABELLE COMES HOME

TheOn - Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War (Fullslip Limited Edition) (TheOn Series No.20) [Korea]

WeET - THOR RAGNAROK 

SM LIFE - Cruella (SM LIFE Design) (WWA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]

BESTBUY - Black Widow SB

F3901E74-8151-49A1-872D-92F2E330604F.thumb.jpeg.2dcce17d0ec3cf33514d86894719e272.jpeg

45 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Good points! I am particularly surprised The Northman doesn't have a collector's edition. I hope Glass Onion gets a standard physical release, let alone collector's edition (ideally both!) Could've sworn Moonfall got a premium but now that I think about it, it was only a steelbook. Hopefully all of these on your list get nice releases someday! 

image.gif.d7b96b0e0fddf3afb9fef175c5745002.gif

I have Doctor Sleep with the Premiums from HDZeta and Black Barons @hansreinhardt:) 👍 😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

By the way, I have the feeling that the type of cinema most affected by this recession in the release of collector's editions of new titles is auteur cinema, or art cinema.

It's true that some very interesting editions have been released, such as Curzon's in France, with beautiful packs, or Second Sight's "Picnin in Hanging Rock", and others. But Plain Archive is not very active, at least in new films, and Nova Media, which was another regular, is taking a step forward and a step back. And no news about european labesls with new titles and collector editions.

We are fortunate that A24 is releasing its own editions, always well cared for; but at the same time, it is strange that there is no news of collector's editions of "Decision to leave", or the one that surprised me the most -for how well made it is, and for the high level of cinema it has, despite being a very hackneyed plot- which was "A quiet girl", a little gem, of which there is no attractive edition. 

Even "The Triangle of Sadness", winner last year at Cannes, and with 4 Oscar nominations, has several normal editions, but no collector's edition.

By the way, if you haven't seen it, go and see it. I laughed at the dinner scene in the cinema like I hadn't laughed in a long time.

90392378b9c55e70a5ed8efa9c37d9d80d4509b6

• Like 6

🥤🧋🎬 Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌤️  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :)

image.gif.ddc7da55e7ca27572c7bcf17272b18a9.gif 

image.gif.bd8abc8ec5762f80f671941ecb4e5f42.gif

Day

6/2
93°Hi
RealFeel® Sun 96°
RealFeel Shade™ 90°
Mostly sunny and hot

...AN AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY HAS BEEN DECLARED... The officials at the Indiana Department of Environmental Management have called for an Air Quality Action Day on Friday June 2 for the following Indiana counties... Carroll, Warren, Tippecanoe, Clinton, Howard, Fountain, Montgomery, Boone, Tipton, Hamilton, Madison, Delaware, Randolph, Vermillion, Parke, Putnam, Hendricks, Hancock, Henry, Vigo, Clay, Owen, Morgan, Johnson, Shelby, Rush, Sullivan, Greene, Monroe, Brown, Bartholomew, Decatur, Knox, Daviess, Martin, Lawrence, Jackson and Jennings. This Air Quality Action day will be in effect from 1200 AM to 1159 PM. An Air Quality Action Day means that a combination of the high temperatures, light winds, and other factors, are expected to produce conditions where high levels of ozone emissions may exceed federally mandated standards. Here are some recommended actions that the public can take to reduce ozone forming emissions: * Walk, bike, carpool or use public transportation. * Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one trip. * Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn equipment until after 7pm. * Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds. * Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air conditioner to 75 degrees or above.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Even "The Triangle of Sadness", winner last year at Cannes, and with 4 Oscar nominations, has several normal editions, but no collector's edition.

By the way, if you haven't seen it, go and see it. I laughed at the dinner scene in the cinema like I hadn't laughed in a long time.

I wanted to like this movie so badly. It started out strong but it just didn't click with me, I stared at the screen in slack-jawed horror from the dinner scene onward 😆

I'll give it another go though! Agree it should receive a collector's edition for sure. I always thought Yorgos Lanthimos' outings would be great for premiums too, his work falls under that auteur cinema feel. (Maybe some of his films have premiums and I just missed them?)

• Like 6