IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, willdebeast said:

Curious to know if you find it scary.

I watched Barbarian recently, which I enjoyed quite a bit. However, it still wasn't that scary to me but it was a well done film, just like The Black Phone.

Creepy Smile GIF by Smile Movie

Same here with Barbarian. This was pretty good. Lot of jump scares. The ending was creepy. I enjoyed it.

• Like 4

Good morning, Psychos.

Today is October 3rd, and what does that mean?

That time flies.

Even yesterday we were wishing each other Happy New Year, and soon we will start planning Christmas dinners again. 

And what does it mean that time flies?

That our time flies.

1025315_f13a0.gif

OUR time.

d001080ff07eca37cf4c0479a804ac80cbcff482

Tick tock, tick tock... the clock never stops.

In "Interstellar" it was said that when we have children we become a shadow of their memories. But in reality we all become a shadow of the memories of other people, known or unknown, important or expendable; sometimes even a shadow of ourselves.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Nothing stops. Our role in the world, in our environment, social possibilities, job possibilities, friendship or partner relationships. Everything changes, or evolves, or moves on.

Nothing stays the same.

river-nature.gif

Another week to try to be happy.

And yes, all of this, everything we do, and everything we have... was about being happy.

Don't forget it, and good luck.

19131809.gif

First not forgetting it, and second... trying to be. ;)

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning, Psychos.

Today is October 3rd, and what does that mean?

That time flies.

Even yesterday we were wishing each other Happy New Year, and soon we will start planning Christmas dinners again. 

And what does it mean that time flies?

That our time flies.

1025315_f13a0.gif

OUR time.

d001080ff07eca37cf4c0479a804ac80cbcff482

Tick tock, tick tock... the clock never stops.

In "Interstellar" it was said that when we have children we become a shadow of their memories. But in reality we all become a shadow of the memories of other people, known or unknown, important or expendable; sometimes even a shadow of ourselves.

Nothing stops. Our role in the world, in our environment, social possibilities, job possibilities, friendship or partner relationships. Everything changes, or evolves, or moves on.

Nothing stays the same.

river-nature.gif

Another week to try to be happy.

And yes, all of this, everything we do, and everything we have... was about being happy.

Don't forget it, and good luck.

19131809.gif

First not forgetting it, and second... trying to be. ;)

On this day, I choose to watch Mean Girls. It makes me happy.

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

• Like 4

1 hour ago, damships said:

How freaking beautiful and amazing is this?! Can't wait! Just got my tickets. 

RIP King T'Challa. He would be proud. 

I'm really hyped for this, but I'm a little worried that I'm setting myself up for failure since my expectations are so high. I'm also not sure I want to watch this trailer as I'm afraid of having too much spoiled.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I'm really hyped for this, but I'm a little worried that I'm setting myself up for failure since my expectations are so high. I'm also not sure I want to watch this trailer as I'm afraid of having too much spoiled.

I wouldn't watch it. They show something at end.  wish I wouldn't of. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

On this day, I choose to watch Mean Girls. It makes me happy.

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

Yes, happiness is a very subjective thing. 

I remembered your comment last night: after reading a report about the desire of the director and actors to shoot the fourth season of "Hannibal", I decided to watch the series again, the first time since its premiere.

Only the first chapter.

And I was happy.

A tremendous chapter, great, that shocks a bit because at first it seems that Hannibal is not there, that he is a secondary character, and there are those visions or inferences about the crimes, but that, when you know where he is going, towards a brutal psychological combat between him and Will Graham, it allows you to recline on the sofa, pick up the glass, drink, smile, and be happy. ;) 

don-draper-mad-men.gif

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

Yes, happiness is a very subjective thing. 

Sooo...I take it you don't like Mean Girls? 🤣

Mean Girls Whatever GIF

But, yes, there is something very calming about watching a film or tv show in which you are familiar. I believe there was a study conducted about that very topic. It creates a sense of relaxation because we know what is going to happen and we KNOW that we will enjoy it. There is no chance of disappointment. Obviously, this is desirable to some (like me) in a world filled with unpredictability, anxiety, and chaos.  Nostalgia is also a powerful relaxer.

There is also the added bonus that you may see something or catch a joke you have previously missed. I have "go-to" films (Mean Girl is one) that I pop in if I'm desiring the opportunity to just sink into the couch and turn off my brain. I have a few TV shows that I cycle through as well. Namely The Office, Scrubs, and Parks and Rec.

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Mean Girls Whatever GIF

But, yes, there is something very calming about watching a film or tv show in which you are familiar. I believe there was a study conducted about that very topic. It creates a sense of relaxation because we know what is going to happen and we KNOW that we will enjoy it. There is no chance of disappointment. Obviously, this is desirable to some (like me) in a world filled with unpredictability, anxiety, and chaos.  Nostalgia is also a powerful relaxer.

There is also the added bonus that you may see something or catch a joke you have previously missed. I have "go-to" films (Mean Girl is one) that I pop in if I'm desiring the opportunity to just sink into the couch and turn off my brain. I have a few TV shows that I cycle through as well. Namely The Office, Scrubs, and Parks and Rec.

Oh man, this post speaks to my experience 100%.  I have such an addiction to TV shows I grew up on.  I have them on constantly.  I'm a filmmaker by trade, and when I'm in a coloring session or logging footage (something that is mindless), I put on a TV show, and let it go, episode after episode.  

Okay, confession, I have watched Wings (the 90s TV show) clear through 12 times.  It's better than bourbon or prozac.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Casiusco Thank you for your great analysis and review of Elvis. Initially I had zero interest in this film, but after reading your review and experience of watching it the second time, I felt the need to give it a chance. I’m glad I did! I found it to be very entertaining and different than the standard Bio picture. Thanks again my friend! Hope you have a great week! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Mean Girls Whatever GIF

I’m like you all with my Nostalgia on watching TV I grew up with still till this day❣️:)

image.jpeg.38e886b5ccca56816d1f579610f8ce14.jpeg

image.jpeg.ff9e45611113a2095d37fa932e1132a6.jpeg 

image.jpeg.93c046492074d0be10eec226d33e9fd3.jpeg

image.jpeg.d99d71bd309c67c09c9761e00578faaf.jpeg

image.jpeg.d092674b0c91c232b69d4b87a64db8db.jpeg

Etc., etc.

can you tell my era 😛 

clint eastwood kids GIF

• Like 5