IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys n Gals ....... whilst you’re hanging around in here , you could be tasking nice pics of your FAC collection and posting them for your rewards... let’s get another 10 awards given so we can move on to the next phase ..... don’t forget your MP handle and those lovely MP goodies I know you’ve got....so go  take  them 📸 ......👍😃

• Like 3

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
Masculine MONDAY

Spoiler

ymVXkOu.jpg

rfabA6v.jpg

2xApl3g.jpg

AgQEAXX.jpg

d9G0S8e.jpg

BdP7E3n.jpg

IdzZWHw.jpg

VxvQPli.jpg

MABYHrw.jpg

LayoHsP.jpg

1L6hrbY.jpg

se7Foby.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope everyone is doing well & ready to take on the new week! Here’s to everyone having a Marvelous Monday!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Good Evening My Friends;   😀

I know we have a number of Christopher Lee fans here so I thought I'd share some info wrt a new release coming from Severin Films;

The Eurocrypt Of Christopher Lee:

As many are no doubt aware, in addition to serving as one of the cornerstones to the Hammer Film Studio, Lee was more than happy to provide his wonderful gravitas to some Spanish and Italian productions, assuredly all in the same 'vein' as his iconic Hammer portrayals.

Severin has gone to great lengths to capture 5 of these fliks into a very cool box-set ( $105 Usd )

Here's a pic of the proposed set and a link to Severin;

Link:  https://severin-films.com/shop/eurocrypt-christopher-lee/

image.jpeg.ce01ebdb985875227d29750231cb52c6.jpeg

note: this is a USA company, I do not know if our NA Hub deals with Severin though this may come available at Amazon.com in the future.

Attn: @Veum, @Hollywood E Rock, @Bones, @Fortis93, @RAK, @pygospa, @R1s1ngs0n, @LeGonze, @SilentasKnight and a veritable host of others I'm forgetting.😉

• Thanks 9

16 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I know we have a number of Christopher Lee fans here so I thought I'd share some info wrt a new release coming from Severin Films;

As many are no doubt aware, in addition to serving as one of the cornerstones to the Hammer Film Studio, Lee was more than happy to provide his wonderful gravitas to some Spanish and Italian productions, assuredly all in the same 'vein' as his iconic Hammer portrayals.

Severin has gone to great lengths to capture 5 of these fliks into a very cool box-set ( $105 Usd )

note: this is a USA company, I do not know if our NA Hub deals with Severin though this may come available at Amazon.com in the future.

Attn: @Veum, @Hollywood E Rock, @Bones, @Fortis93, @RAK, @pygospa, @R1s1ngs0n, @LeGonze, @SilentasKnight and a veritable host of others I'm forgetting.😉

@Grendel

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I definitely appreciate you letting me know about this! I just looked at a trailer for the release 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
19 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Thanks @Grendel, yeah I saw that somewhere earlier 😬 

lisa simpson episode 3 GIF See Ya Nicky Rojo GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Like 4

^^ Thanks very much for uploading that trailer @Hollywood E Rock, much appreciated.  👍

It was linked in my email from Severin but I never got around to pursuing it, heh.

This set looks absolutely amazing and I received an additional email from Sev stating they were selling quickly.

In this case, I suspect it to be true.

I placed a pre-order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

Wow, that's definitely a great box and a great price as well. But given that this might probably be Region A locked and I still didn't manage to get a Region A player (yeah, yeah, shame on me - but to be honest, I am not willing to pay crazy prices on voided warranty Germany Blu-ray players that might not work the minute they get an update, and currently it's impossible to get something from the US due to Corona. I was hoping for some cool and cheap black Friday sales offer, but well... you all know what's going on in the world, currently :(), I might not be trying to get one even though the bundle looks superb. But same thing: Not even sure if I could get one if I wanted :( (plus I am lately really frustrated not managing to per-order certain release anymore due to bots and sellouts in the first 30 seconds, that I am starting to loosing the fun in collecting, entirely).

But enough of that wining. If it would have been released somewhere around here, I would most definitely have gotten it, even if I didn't like the package. But the value you get - and as far as I know none of these titles have been released around here (maybe UK, but mainland Europe?). And with all that bonus material: A real treasure box
!

59 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

I definitely appreciate you letting me know about this! I just looked at a trailer for the release 

I am always astonished at how fluently Lee was able to talk in so many different languages. I don't talk much french, but even I can appreciate how fluently and good he must be speaking that language. A true genius, through and through (and one of the very few people that made it into the 21st century but could even look back to a personal meeting with Tolkien - another one of my idols).

• Like 5

Good Evening @pygospa🙂

I understand your frustrations my friend. In some instances, I've run up against sell-outs that seem a tad suspicious given the time spent live.

I did want to mention, that Severin does ship internationally right now, and they have a $150Usd threshold for free shipping internationally.

There's a couple titles in their stable that may pique your interest sufficiently to meet that bar. 🙂

Also perhaps worth a mention, all the 'films' except one, in this set, are slated to be a Region Free release, with the outlier being Crypt of the Vampire (1964) [R-A].

note: they do not state the region offers for the bonus disc, "Relics From The Crypt" but I anticipate it being R-A.

Cheers my friend, and hope you make a call you won't regret...🤡

heh; another point I wanted to quickly mention, only 2 days ago I was a couple mouse clicks away from ordering the German MediaBook for "The Torture Chamber Of Dr. Sadism" which has recently been released.

As that would have cost (with shipping) pretty much half the bill for this set, I'm glad I held off since the new 4K scan is included in this set.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just a very quick mention of something of potential interest, similar in nature to the above notice.

Before Lee considered calling it done in the Eurocrypt stage of his career, he made another entry of note, for Jess Franco in Spain, 1970.

Simply called "Count Dracula" and also starring  such noteworthy 'accomplices' as Herbert Lom and Klaus Kinski, it is considered by many to be the most faithful adaptation to Stoker's book.

Should you elect to grab the set above, you will find this Blu-ray a worthy compliment.  😀

Count Dracula [Blu-ray]

I believe there's a few boutique label releases out in the wild. Of note, ensure whatever edition you pick up, it also contains the short "making of" Vampir-Cuadecuc on the disc(s)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1