IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

Just got back from Santa

Aww man...... I’v not been to Santa Pod for a long time! Used to go back in the day for “The Ultimate Street Car” or “Bug Jam” (VW) events! We all drove down in a big clan. Had a BMW 325i back then! 

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

Dragstalgia

What is Dragstalgia like? Do they still have those Jet engine cars that do the strip in 5 seconds??? 😂😂😂

Or the burnout cage where people can take their car in and wheel-spin until their tyres exploded??? Also can you still cue up to race your own car down the strip? Or is that at other events? 

You got unlucky with weather mate but sounds like you made the most of it👍 

Those membership cards do look awesome and hopefully not too far away 😁

Its also MP’s leading lady @Scary Hair‘s birthday today! So Happy Birthday Ann!😘 Done anything nice today? Hubby cooking you a nice roast dinner?

And @Veum‘s close too the 1000 comments award but @extantsrevenge is going to penalise his post count due to duplicate posts in all the different MP groups/pages 🤣🤣🤣

Think that’s everything and you are now up to date 👍

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

@RileyLad Dragstalgia is The ONE as far as I’m concerned. Think it’s in its 7th year now? Not sure, but it’s all Nostalgia dragsters. Slingshots, Gassers, 70’s Funny Cars etc.

My Dad & I are big Mopar fans, so love to see all the old Challengers, Chargers, Cuda’s, Road Runners etc etc race each other, but the highlight is the Top Fuel Funny Cars. My personal fav (Team from Austria) ran 7.3 secs at 207mph this year, which is the best I’ve seen them do. But others were running 6’s. My fav also had a chute failure at 207mph and ran out of track so dumped it in the field. Both driver & car were fine though thankfully. 

Yeah they rolled out the Jet car Fire Force 2 for the event (There are 5 Fire Force cars) which also ran 6secs, and then they have lunatics like this guy who sets fire to himself just to do an old fashioned fire burnout! 😱 Crazy Bast@*d but Very entertaining. 😁

F18380E6-DBE9-41BE-BCD1-051A67F48833.jpeg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Aww man...... I’v not been to Santa Pod for a long time! Used to go back in the day for “The Ultimate Street Car” or “Bug Jam” (VW) events! We all drove down in a big clan. Had a BMW 325i back then! 

What is Dragstalgia like? Do they still have those Jet engine cars that do the strip in 5 seconds??? 😂😂😂

Or the burnout cage where people can take their car in and wheel-spin until their tyres exploded??? Also can you still cue up to race your own car down the strip? Or is that at other events? 

You got unlucky with weather mate but sounds like you made the most of it👍 

Those membership card do look awesome and hopefully not too far away 😁

Its also MP’s leading lady @Scary Hair‘s birthday today! So Happy Birthday Ann!😘 Done anything nice today? Hubby cooking you a nice roast dinner?

And @Veum‘s close too the 1000 comments award but @extantsrevenge is going to penalise his post count due to duplicate posts in all the different MP groups/pages 🤣🤣🤣

Think that’s everything and you are now up to date 👍

Hey @RileyLad, how ya doing! :) 

giphy-downsized.gif

Fast and Furious, yeah... RIP PW!! :(

giphy-downsized.gif

I'll wish  our own sweetheart @Scary Hair another Happy Birthday today (I wished her in the Happy Birthday thread 1st.)... hope your day is filled w/happiness❣️ :x

giphy.gif

and I resemble that remark... 1,000 posts here I come! xD

giphy.gif

@extantsrevenge :o

giphy.gif

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Pbsw23 wondered where you been upto as gone quite quiet in here now we know why xD

hope you had a good time, my only issue with going there would be i would want to get in one of those cars.

one thing i would like to do on a bucket list is drive a car doing 200mph or more im easy xD

i have driven a ferrari my wife bought me a ride in one for 30miles and the v12 sounds soooo sweet,i couldnt cane it too much thought the roozers where sitting up on the motorway bridge above me you will have to try it sometime highly recommended 👍

one other thing i fancy is flying in a spitfire but unfouranately that is £5000 and i cant afford that. but that would be hell of something to do.

@Scary Hair happy birthday ann hope you do something really nice 🤩🤩🤩🤩

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

basil B|

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★

@Pbsw23

Yes, I used to go to Santa Pod back in my biker days. 

Used to go for the “funny bikes”. 

I remember the noise and vibration. I think they used to call it Thunder Road or something like that. 

Was a very, very long time ago. :D

Back in the days when we used to go to the Transatlantic Series. In the days of Barry Sheene and John Player Norton. Follow them round the tracks at Easter time. Mallory Park, Brands Hatch etc. 

In the days when men were men, and the sheep were scared. :D

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Veum said:

good morning here, good day there... Veum here 🤠 

giphy.gif

May not start a thread for the horror watching here in this forum, looks like not as much interest here... I’ll have to satisfy myself in the other forum for now. ⚰️ Maybe just a thread to report on what horror movie I watched each day of October and some in September... remember I start my watching earlier then most!? 🎬

Have a wonderful day psychos!

giphy.gif

Horror movies are scary! :P  What kind of horror movies? It, Get Out, Birdbox is my jam. I do appreciate some of John Carpenter and Army of Dead classics. I can't get into the the Saw or torture/gore stuff.

• Like 2

Awards

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

Nostalgia dragsters. Slingshots, Gassers, 70’s Funny Cars etc.

My Dad & I are big Mopar fans, so love to see all the old Challengers, Chargers, Cuda’s, Road Runners etc etc race each other, but the highlight is the Top Fuel Funny Cars.

Sounds awesome @Pbsw23 , I think the last time I went was way back in 2005! Things were a probably a bit more lapse back then and I bet a lots changed. I have some old photos of us at Santa Pod up in the loft (the old type you took to Boots to develop) 🤣. May try and dig them out if I get time this week.

I’ll take your word that Dragstalgia is the one to go to now. Glad you have something like that to enjoy with your Dad - did he do Santa Pod weekend with you? Did you take your twin boys or was it with the lads? I may take the girls there when they get a bit older but think it may be a bit too noises for them! I took them to Blackpool air show and they just sit there covering their ears🤣

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

the Jet car Fire Force 2 for the event (There are 5 Fire Force cars) which also ran 6secs, and then they have lunatics like this guy who sets fire to himself just to do an old fashioned fire burnout! 😱

Man those things are dangerous! Need to know what you are doing! Remember what happened to Richard Hammond off Top Gear 😱😨 But like you say great entertainment 👍 

• Like 1

@Basil There’s a few racing with “for sale” on the back mate 😁👍🏼 Although not one of the. Had a price.... kind of tells you something 😆

giphy.gif

@Scary Hair Happy Birthday Ann!!!

giphy.gif

@DodgyDave Yes they have the Nostalgia bikes there as well at Dragstalgia. And some of those look incredible! A few are so large with the engines the poor riders can barely hold them up! Also have to smile when a bike has a wheelie bar almost as long as the bike itself!  😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@RileyLad Yeah it’s an annual Father Son event 😁👌🏼 In fact for the first few Dragstalgia events my Grandad came as well, but we didn’t camp. Just didn’t the day.

I have no idea when’s I first went. sometime in the Late 80’s as a kid. My Dad has been going to events since god knows when. He’s always had Mopar Muscle cars and even raced his 72 Charger one year. Did it in 13secs which for a bog standard classic car is prettying impressive.

I'm sure I will take the boys soon, but probably on a little quieter event. Dragstalgia is really loud. I’m thinking about taking them to see the power boat racing this year at Oulton Broad. See how interested they are. At the moment is all Lego Lego Lego 😂

0F2C8ED6-38BA-43E6-A7CA-DBB1D9E7A1A3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Yeah it’s an annual Father Son event 😁👌🏼 In fact for the first few Dragstalgia events my Grandad came as well, 

Thats awesome mate 👍 Bet you really looked up to your Dad - sounds like a top bloke! Like you said 13 seconds is great time for a classic muscle car.

26 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

There’s a few racing with “for sale” on the back mate 

Think you need to get one bought too so you can keep up the family tradition of the “Cool Dad” going 😉🤣😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

FC7E0720-2610-4EE6-B16D-F415AA7ACDD5.jpeg

Nice that @Pbsw23 , but would you convert it to right hand drive? 🤣

0AF3F576-9614-470E-82EC-91DC12B26460.thumb.jpeg.d53c37460eedce7fbc9ec5495bed485c.jpeg

For American muscle cars I’d go for one of these ☝️☝️☝️

Meet you at Santa Pod next year - just need a lotto win first! 😁

Lastly, is the garage now filled with Steelbooks by any chance? Or a 65” OLED? 

• Like 2

@RileyLad No, I’d keep it left hand drive for sure 😁👍🏼

I would gladly take either of those for sure! In fact my Dad sold the 72 Charger last year and is eyeing one of these new Challengers.

Hahaha, no the steelbooks are all boxed away currently, and going into their new home in the lounge in coming weeks. The Garage/Man cave is currently a home gym with more additions on the way. I do plan to adorn the walls with Marvel memorabilia and will be adding the obligatory dart board & beer fridge etc. 😁👍🏼 

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Dad sold the 72 Charger last year and is eyeing one of these new Challengers.

Your Dads getting cooler by the minute!!! 🤣🤣🤣

My hall stairs and landing is nearly finished! What a job that’s been! Just waiting for the gloss to dry properly then I can put the light fittings, plug sockets and security sensors back up! The end is in sight!

You’ve not finished your lounge then? 🤣🤣

I couldn’t have my Steelbooks on display in the lounge- kids would be all over them! My 3 year olds got a habit of eating Bluray case inserts! Don’t believe me - take a look 👇👇👇

BFCF32C7-7421-4C97-AE87-E8432F9E722A.thumb.jpeg.ad5de2f59b40e6686249760c33a41c90.jpeg

No way are the allowed near my premium’s! 🤣

The man cave sounds truly awesome! Hope you get it the way you want it soon 👍

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Your Dads getting cooler by the minute!!! 🤣🤣🤣

He’s not half bad for an old retired git 😂 When they were handing out Dads I certainly did well indeed 😊

18 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

You’ve not finished your lounge then? 🤣🤣

I couldn’t have my Steelbooks on display in the lounge- kids would be all over them! My 3 year olds got a habit of eating Bluray case inserts! 

No mate 🙈 It’s been forever. But I have a terrible habit of heading straight out to the garden when I’m off work. 

My my two have been really good previously, they tend to only go for Ghostbusters & the Lego movies but I bought those for them anyway. Will be pushing the test boundaries once it finished, as I plan to put my displayed WEA’s on across an extra couple of shelves..... which means lower and within reach 🤞🏼

Also for the man cave, I used to drive a pimped Puma, and the only things I have left are my engraved metal tax disc holder & rear spoiler, so the spoiler is going up above the dartboard as a little memento 😂👍🏼 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

@Pbsw23

Yes, I used to go to Santa Pod back in my biker days. 

Used to go for the “funny bikes”. 

I remember the noise and vibration. I think they used to call it Thunder Road or something like that. 

Was a very, very long time ago. :D

Back in the days when we used to go to the Transatlantic Series. In the days of Barry Sheene and John Player Norton. Follow them round the tracks at Easter time. Mallory Park, Brands Hatch etc. 

In the days when men were men, and the sheep were scared. :D

@DodgyDave, you mean you were there...

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, HappyDude007 said:

Horror movies are scary! :P  What kind of horror movies? It, Get Out, Birdbox is my jam. I do appreciate some of John Carpenter and Army of Dead classics. I can't get into the the Saw or torture/gore stuff.

@HappyDude007, I'm into classic, subtle, gothic, spooky horror the most, but these are mostly my favs, etc...

giphy-downsized.gif giphy-downsized.gif giphy-downsized.gif 

giphy-downsized.gif giphy-downsized.gif&key=735beae1986bb8a3

2 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

@RileyLad This is the dream car for me mate. One day 🤞🏼 But I don’t even have a garage to park one in currently as it became the man cave 😂

FC7E0720-2610-4EE6-B16D-F415AA7ACDD5.jpeg

1 hour ago, RileyLad said:

Nice that @Pbsw23 , but would you convert it to right hand drive? 🤣

0AF3F576-9614-470E-82EC-91DC12B26460.thumb.jpeg.d53c37460eedce7fbc9ec5495bed485c.jpeg

For American muscle cars I’d go for one of these ☝️☝️☝️

Meet you at Santa Pod next year - just need a lotto win first! 😁

Lastly, is the garage now filled with Steelbooks by any chance? Or a 65” OLED? 

@Pbsw23 / @RileyLad, my dream car would look something like this...

hqdefault.jpg&f=1

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

He’s not half bad for an old retired git 😂 When they were handing out Dads I certainly did well indeed

Defiantly mate - a proper petrol head 🤣

12 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I plan to put my displayed WEA’s on across an extra couple of shelves.

13 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

so the spoiler is going up above the dartboard as a little memento 😂👍🏼 

Sounds like a winner! Give us a update when your finished 👍

deffo need to see the spoiler above the dartboard 🤣🤣🤣👍

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

a 1964 Stingray if I am not mistaken? 😁👌🏼 

2 minutes ago, Veum said:

'63 @Pbsw23:)

We gonna give him that one then @Veum yes?!?!

283E6778-7DE9-41F3-9C8E-ABF4C87BBB8A.gif.eed3ad76d53186318e035f4cf8164265.gif

6 minutes ago, Veum said:

Will absolutely post some pics of both once I am finished.

BED53995-D2B1-4806-A08F-BFBFF996FABB.gif.a7a9fe15a88a6b5ae05a00a93fdad751.gif

Look forward to that Then @Pbsw23 

🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

We gonna give him that one then @Veum yes?!?!

283E6778-7DE9-41F3-9C8E-ABF4C87BBB8A.gif.eed3ad76d53186318e035f4cf8164265.gif

BED53995-D2B1-4806-A08F-BFBFF996FABB.gif.a7a9fe15a88a6b5ae05a00a93fdad751.gif

Look forward to that Then @Pbsw23 

🤣🤣🤣

Of course!

giphy.gif

Hey @RileyLad / @Pbsw23, what is both of your opinions on choosing between DIRECT shipping & HUB shipping charges?

I see where MANTA LAB is charging me $35 for DIRECT shipping for my OC AQUAMAN... I'm of the opinion that it would be cheaper to go through my USA HUB w/John?

• Thanks 1

@RileyLad , @Pbsw23 , @Basil @DodgyDave @Veum

I had a great day for once 😊💋💋 THANK YOU 💋💋

Roast dinners fine at the silly season . Pizza with as much mushroom that I can cram on it .

Thunder road is is what we call trouser burps 

giphy.gif

🤣🤣😊

Glad you had a brilliant time @Pbsw23 ❤❤😊

@RileyLad I thought I had problems with naughty nibblers 😱😱.

@Veum the costings for each territory is different.  As we have conversation rates to contend with as well 

giphy.gif

😊❤❤

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Veum said:

Hey @RileyLad / @Pbsw23, what is both of your opinions on choosing between DIRECT shipping & HUB shipping charges?

I see where MANTA LAB is charging me $35 for DIRECT shipping for my OC AQUAMAN... I'm of the opinion that it would be cheaper to go through my USA HUB w/John?

Obviously this depends on where we live mate, but it works out cheaper for me to go direct in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1