IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

23 hours ago, Veum said:

Veum's

cup of tea theatre

Just finished watching Part 1 of Ben-Hur (1959)... what a beautiful film & especially enjoyable on this holy day "Good Friday"!  pray.gif

63230_large.jpg?t=0 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy6eUoPpamKjwnL7dWCEK images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0zVGH1bUfHPlc9AS-Ff0 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4dLWl2JJdlv25u8XWDXM images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBF9oHx_0WjgoEQI6RPAe

@Veum bullwhip.gif

Veum's

cup of tea theatre

Just finished watching Part 2 of Ben-Hur (1959)... what a beautiful,classic, masterpiece film & especially enjoyable on this holy "Resurrection" week-end pray.gif

63230_large.jpg?t=0&key=b97e58839d71f1cf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-6Yp7ndyjhgwTr61aMRm images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwBgHrnHzAbmP_WqoGZZQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6_iGpurvx_C_OCoWMYy6 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp__Nd4O17ztaBxHU9NJm

@Veum bullwhip.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

well just about to leave for a big family dinner/lunch shortly, hope everyone has a great easter day

a film that is very good i have on my shelf is fa's exodus gods and kings and really quite appropriate for today.

very good acting imho

anyone thats not seen it i suggest you do.

if you can get an fa copy it is superb:)

film_20913_1.jpgfilm_20913_2.jpg

film_20913_4.jpg

all the best

basil :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello and happy Easter to everybody visiting the English room today 😁

My plan for today is beautiful dinner followed by a few alcoholic beverages since it's my first day off for nearly a week ... 

Have a great day my fellow collecting buddy's. 

P.s @DodgyDave just watched exodus last week. Really good film. I like most things Christian bale. 

giphy (18).gif

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Robertm89 said:

Hello and happy Easter to everybody visiting the English room today 😁

My plan for today is beautiful dinner followed by a few alcoholic beverages since it's my first day off for nearly a week ... 

Have a great day my fellow collecting buddy's. 

P.s @DodgyDave just watched exodus last week. Really good film. I like most things Christian bale. 

giphy (18).gif

I’ll be too busy putting my spuds in today. No sitting down supping beer. 😄 

Not till a lot later maybe. Might try one with the curry I’m making tonight. Nice hot curry with one of the super hot chillies I grow. :D

Christian Bale is still the best Batman in my opinion. 

He nailed that role. Very versatile actor. 

I thought Exodus was OK. Just didn’t have the “Biblical Epic” vibe about it. As @Basil said earlier, the FA edition is superb. Still the only premium edition of the film, I believe. 

Anyway. Gotta get those spuds in. Can’t stand around waffling. :D

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

I’ll be too busy putting my spuds in today. No sitting down supping beer. 😄 

Not till a lot later maybe. Might try one with the curry I’m making tonight. Nice hot curry with one of the super hot chillies I grow. :D

Christian Bale is still the best Batman in my opinion. 

He nailed that role. Very versatile actor. 

I thought Exodus was OK. Just didn’t have the “Biblical Epic” vibe about it. As @Basil said earlier, the FA edition is superb. Still the only premium edition of the film, I believe. 

Anyway. Gotta get those spuds in. Can’t stand around waffling. :D

Haha enjoy your day maybe and funny enough I quoted you in the post instead of @Basil 😂😂 take it as a compliment lol. 

Enjoy your day mate. I tell you one thing home grown chillies sounds good. I love a kick in my food. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Basil said:

well just about to leave for a big family dinner/lunch shortly, hope everyone has a great easter day

a film that is very good i have on my shelf is fa's exodus gods and kings and really quite appropriate for today.

very good acting imho

anyone thats not seen it i suggest you do.

if you can get an fa copy it is superb:)

film_20913_1.jpgfilm_20913_2.jpg

film_20913_4.jpg

all the best

basil :)

@Basil, I did not at all enjoy this film disappointed.gif... thankfully I only watched a little of it from our library, I would not purchase it for myself though, although that looks like a great exclusive! 

@Veum bullwhip.gif

Well, I gotta start off by wishing everyone a Happy Easter of course! 🤗

I entertained a crowd of 5 yesterday and cooked a Monster of a ham, with scalloped potatoes , broccoli with cheese sauce, buttered peas, fresh buns and a cornucopia of other delights.

Pistachio Gilato, Apple crisp and chocolate eggs for desert.

Wine, beer, Jameson "Crested" and Chambord (black raspberry liqueur) to wash it all down, heh.

Cheers! 🐇

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I entertained a crowd of 5 yesterday and cooked a Monster of a ham, with scalloped potatoes , broccoli with cheese sauce, buttered peas, fresh buns and a cornucopia of other delights.

Wine, beer, Jameson "Crested" and Chambord (black raspberry liqueur) to wash it all down, heh.

Cheers! 🐇

That's it IF I Ever get a passport or wings I'm round at yours 

giphy-downsized.gif

😁😁🤗🤗💋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish to ask, while I'm here;  🙂

Has anyone heard any word of Disney releasing a Special Edition MCU Phase 3 yet?

It seems long overdue and I'd prefer to wait but if it's not coming, I'll pick up the U.K. 'bare-bones' edition.

I have the spec Eds for Phase 1 and Phase 2. It would be a shame to not see a Phase 3🙁

Ta!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Cheers! 🐇

@Grendel, sounds delish and you were a gracious host!

A raise my "cup of tea" (because this is my fave! icon_razz.gif) to one and all!!

giphy-downsized.gif

@Veum bullwhip.gif

Edited by Veum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Has anyone heard any word of Disney releasing a Special Edition MCU Phase 3 yet?

It seems long overdue and I'd prefer to wait but if it's not coming, I'll pick up the U.K. 'bare-bones' edition.

I have the spec Eds for Phase 1 and Phase 2. It would be a shame to not see a Phase 3🙁

Ta!

You need a MCU Head 

@Pbsw23 @thomue1987 @Benoit46 @icewire @ukade2327 @airwins @ksosk

That's who I can think of the top of my head .

I'm WAY WAY  Behind😱😱😁

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Ta!

I haven’t,  but would imagine theres something planned, they wont miss out on it thats for sure... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^ Thanks folks.

I'm of a thought they might be waiting for Avengers End Game to reach Blu but that's gonna be a LOT of films to cram in a box if that's the case...😉

They'll also need to shoe-horn Captain Marvel in there as well.

Perhaps they might even do a Part 1 and Part 2 for it?

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

@Scary Hair @Grendel, I can not wait to see the new Downton Abbey movie on screen (Sept.13 '19)! How about you all, would/are you like to see it?

I loved the series on TV/BD! :)

unnamed-file-16e9c09.jpg?quality=90&resi 

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/film/2019-04-21/downton-abbey-movie-release-date-cast-plot-trailer/

@Veum bullwhip.gif

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Scary Hair @Grendel, I can not wait to see the new Downton Abbey movie on screen (Sept.13 '19)! How about you all, would/are you like to see it?

I loved the series on TV/BD! :)

unnamed-file-16e9c09.jpg?quality=90&resi 

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/film/2019-04-21/downton-abbey-movie-release-date-cast-plot-trailer/

@Veum bullwhip.gif

Nope not seen 1 ever .

Mother in law loves it 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1