IGNORED

Media Psychos European Cup Challenge

extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a thrilling and nerve wracking game where both teams made statements of intent.

I’m not a big fan of how France’s players purposely dragged the game in the dying moments of the game as I’d rather have them try seal the deal by scoring a second goal. But I guess a hard-fought victory in Germany is too precious for such considerations.

• Like 6

Some decent banter and posts on here.... But I expected soooooo much more between you. How are you all still friends? How has MP not imploded?! 😂😂😂

That was a solid game of tactics. Often the way in an opening game. For me Germany knew they had to keep the pacey French out, hence the 5 at the back. Wing backs barely got out of their own half  in the first 45. Again, likely instructed to keep it at 0-0 at half time. Never even changed their shape despite chasing the game.

The goal allowed France to take their foot off the gas and keep something in the tank, purely hitting Germany on the break. For me, France have a lot more to give than we just witnessed.

Now at 1-0 down Germany has to get forward. We finally see the wingbacks getting forward and Löw makes the changes to bring some pace on. Essentially though, much like Spain, Germany were found lacking up front. France however looked solid at the back, and scary as hell up front when Mbappe pulls the trigger.

As for “its a shame those 3 teams are in the same group” What kind of nonsense is that?! They all get the same opportunities as everyone else to get out. I bet all 3 manage it anyway with a best placed 3 place.

As an Englishman, I fear all 3. We have a terrible record against France, Germany and Portugal, but right now I’d have to say Germany would be my preferred next round opponent. 🤷🏼‍♂️ But I will reiterate, I would still fear them.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, romain said:

well done german friends, it was a good game

you made us suffer 

They made me suffer 😡

Honestly I was not expecting much from the German Team that is why I predicted France would win...... but

Angry Natural World GIF by BBC Earth

like this 🤮, I don't like games that are decided by one own goal.

Germany played better then expected but they had the same problem as always they are behind and are not able to score. Almost 80 minutes (with the additional time to get at least a draw) and they could not do it 😭.

France, was talented to run in the offside trap.... twice. But was unable to make 1 single goal in almost 100 minutes. I don't think that they can be proud of this game.

Granted somehow both team did more actual footbal then in the game before (which are the only 2 games I have seen so far), but I'm not impressed or excited for any of them.

Anyway

Season 5 Joan GIF by Parks and Recreation

so get in your predictions for match day

3 GIF by memecandy

@KananJarrus @thomue1987 @bilbon @Pbsw23 @GANTZ @Michael hillaby @Blu Magic Ray @Intentcoin @JiumJium 👌

• Like 8

• ★ Administrators ★

wait a second mad city GIF by Gotham

one more thing

Well Done Bravo GIF by Friends

@icewire for staying on the top after the 2nd game day 👍, looks like I still have much to do to be able to become

tenor.gif

I might need to look out for a different target, as @icewire prediction skills are very strong......

look looking GIF

oh I think I spotted a certain French man...

Bonjour GIF by memecandy

@R1s1ngs0n

raspberry tongue out GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

They made me suffer 😡

Honestly I was not expecting much from the German Team that is why I predicted France would win...... but

Angry Natural World GIF by BBC Earth

like this 🤮, I don't like games that are decided by one own goal.

Germany played better then expected but they had the same problem as always they are behind and are not able to score. Almost 80 minutes (with the additional time to get at least a draw) and they could not do it 😭.

France, was talented to run in the offside trap.... twice. But was unable to make 1 single goal in almost 100 minutes. I don't think that they can be proud of this game.

Granted somehow both team did more actual footbal then in the game before (which are the only 2 games I have seen so far), but I'm not impressed or excited for any of them.

Anyway

Season 5 Joan GIF by Parks and Recreation

so get in your predictions for match day

3 GIF by memecandy

@KananJarrus @thomue1987 @bilbon @Pbsw23 @GANTZ @Michael hillaby @Blu Magic Ray @Intentcoin @JiumJium 👌

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

That feels so senseless 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, icewire said:

France played with the handbrake on. We weren't really able to seriously threaten the French in 90 minutes. They could have added to the score at any time. A horse doesn't jump higher than it has to.

That was the performance of the upcoming European champions yesterday.

We will see. Yesterday they were in a comfortable position after the own goal and they could stay defense and make her counter. But how they proceed against a more defense team or when they get in residue has still to turn out. In german we say "the mass has not yet been read" 🤣

• Like 6