IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

night at the movies GIF by evite

The Last Voyage of the Demeter (DVD)

️ 1/2

*1st time watch!

Another crack at the Bram Stoker version of DRACULA 🧛‍♂️ The story is set aboard the Russian schooner, Demeter with 24 crates of devilish dirt from it’s origin in Romania and the devil itself  is wanting to get to Whitby England for a fresh land full of it’s victims… will anyone survive the devilish monster on Demeter before it lands…

image.jpeg.2223d0dc473343bb53f4f5ed5bb82b44.jpeg

• Like 2

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

night at the movies GIF by evite

Sound of Freedom (DVD) Temporary cover art

️ 

*1st time watch!

An excellent true story film with exceptional acting from Jim Caviesel as Tim Ballard, a former U.S. government agent, who quits his job to devote his life to rescuing children from global sex traffickers.

image.jpeg.770c4aec8659ab25775f36bd9df7f09d.jpeg

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

An entertaining adaptation of A Christmas Carol with fantastic animation.

image.jpeg.22c83cf1b3a7cca1d880e39b7376f28a.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/17/2023 at 7:19 PM, LeadFarmer said:

I was thinking of getting apple tv for this alone however I heard the same needs more monstar lol.

I finally started watching Slow Horses on Apple+ and it’s great so far.  For All Mankind is also an excellent show, though I’m not hearing great things about the most recent season (which I haven’t gotten to yet).

• Like 1

started these two series. Longmire I wanted to watch when it originally aired but working night shift quickly destroyed that opportunity and alice in borderland I've heard nothing but good things. I can always appreciate a show about an weathered no nonsense guy who doesn't get blown to and from by a rapid changing society and its in the moment trends.

proxy-image.jpg

sxpra.jpg

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

started these two series. Longmire I wanted to watch when it originally aired but working night shift quickly destroyed that opportunity and alice in borderland I've heard nothing but good things. I can always appreciate a show about an weathered no nonsense guy who doesn't get blown to and from by a rapid changing society and its in the moment trends.

proxy-image.jpg

sxpra.jpg

We may have talked about this already, but I take it you’ve watched Justified?

• Like 2

All rewatches here.

So we finished this last night; again, the transfer looks amazing.  I love it when I can see every detail of a car’s interior in a movie from the 70s or 80s.  Still a great movie.

IMG_0015.thumb.jpeg.6e4b35b5bc427cc610b7c39fc1927989.jpeg

Then I rewatched this:

IMG_0003.thumb.jpeg.53d613de27835e2ad91ec37bdaaa2c21.jpeg

Always played to me as much like a horror movie as a war movie, reminds me of something like Don’t Breathe.  Near constant tension once it gets going.  This is what Ridley Scott can do when he gets the right material.

• Like 3

Sad George Costanza GIF

🎅 🎄 25 Days of Christmas/Holiday Movies (2023)

Tells of Wells Fargo “Laredo” S2 E16 (1957) santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

Rather than spend Christmas with friends as he planned, Hardie is sent to track gunrunners who are transporting weapons illegally across the Mexican border at Laredo to gangs who say they are insurrectionists.

18682_medium.jpg?t=1518417730

Seinfeld “The Strike” S9 E10 (1997) santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

Elaine accidentally gives out a fake phone number on the back of a free sandwich coupon; George's father revives a holiday he invented to replace Christmas.

Seinfeld “The Pick” S4 E13 (1997) santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

Elaine mistakenly mails out a Christmas card in which her nipple is exposed to all her friends and relatives, Jerry's girlfriend breaks up with him after she sees him…

63904_medium.jpg?t=1386923964

Gunsmoke “Magnus” S1 E12 (1955) santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

Chester is concerned when his nomadic and "uncivilized" brother pays a Christmas visit to Dodge, but Magnus Goode proves worldlier and more adaptable to town life than anyone thought possible...

206509_medium.jpg?t=1584441404

• Like 3

Watched this last night. Written and directed by Sam Esmail. Really enjoyed it. Written and directed by Sam Esmail. The cinematography was awesome, loved the inventive camera angles, really added unease and confusion to the whole scenario. Written and directed by Sam Esmail. Also really loved the score, it was bombastic and intensely present in scenes where you wouldn't expect score, and it always built to some sort of reveal. Written and directed by Sam Esmail. Acting was great all-around.

leave-the-world-behind-movie-poster.jpg.fd81b0ae5376c8f4d9b5e91d26d21cf1.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

Watched this last night. Written and directed by Sam Esmail. Really enjoyed it. Written and directed by Sam Esmail. The cinematography was awesome, loved the inventive camera angles, really added unease and confusion to the whole scenario. Written and directed by Sam Esmail. Also really loved the score, it was bombastic and intensely present in scenes where you wouldn't expect score, and it always built to some sort of reveal. Written and directed by Sam Esmail. Acting was great all-around.

leave-the-world-behind-movie-poster.jpg.fd81b0ae5376c8f4d9b5e91d26d21cf1.jpg

Agree with all of this.  Watched it a week or so ago, was riveted the entire time.  Made me want to read the book.  

• Like 2

I recommend the television series as well if you can find it even though the 4th season has not aired and last I heard was being shopped around for a new home. I also recommend the snowpiercer willy wonka connection video done on youtube. a now two part series that has an interesting take on how snowpiercer is the sequel to wonka....I know crazy.

sxpra.jpg

• Like 2

🎅 🎄 25 Days of Christmas/Holiday Movies (2023)

3C747610-8397-4755-81FB-061A9C8A4F50.jpe

B9F4A618-851E-49DC-8C6D-F197D97DC793.jpe

873C46DE-FB4D-4272-9428-05D92B89F21E.jpe

12-23 A Christmas Carol (1984) santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

The miserly Scrooge wants nothing to do with Christmas but is visited by his business partner Marley in his spirit who wants to help him avoid a fate like his and become the person he was meant to be, also visited by 3 spirits who…

15205_medium.jpg?t=0

• Like 1