IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

I finally watched Possession last night.  I had seen the American version many years ago, never this one.

IMG_0141.thumb.jpeg.e1681c50ece08b7ca0f361e3eef08a27.jpeg

Really is a rough ride of a horror movie, especially if you’ve been through a divorce.  I would compare it to Cronenberg but more abstract.  More pure symbolism where Cronenberg would have what stands in for traditional plotting, by his standards.

Not for everyone, but I defy you not to be thinking about it the next day.  Looks outstanding in 4K, great remaster.  There’s a shot of Neill with the sky behind him that I should take a photo of.

Another note (sorry to ramble on): Sam Neill is now thought of in the US as the guy from Jurassic Park, but he took huge risks early in his career.  I’ve recently watched him in The Piano as well.  Doesn’t get as much credit for sheer acting chops as he should, or enough credit for taking chances.  His bigger roles are so broad and one-or-two-note that I don’t think he’s appreciated for his full range.

• Like 2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

second time I've watched this movie and really got to divert full attention to it. a thumbs up from me. 

sxpra.jpg

I picked up the Columbia Classics set this is in a while back but never got around to watching it.  I threw it in a couple of weeks ago because I remembered the controversy about blood color (either the studio or ratings board made Scorsese change the color of the blood in the final shootout, to make it look realistic) and wanted to see what the color looked like in 4K.  The blood looks pretty realistic now!

This movie really holds up.  Awkward and hard to watch at times while still being compelling all the way through.

• Like 3

🥤 🍿 🎬 📀

National Popcorn Day GIF by Angry Birds

Bram Stoker's Dracula 4K (Blu-ray)

️ 

A fantastic adaptation of the Dracula rendition especially eye appealing is Mina 😍 … the ending could have been a little better though I thought.

Dune 4K (Blu-ray)

️ 

Visually intriguing, loved the vehicle that looked like locusts, but the storyline for me was just, well not exactly the best for me 😒 

*1st time watch!

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Veum said:

🥤 🍿 🎬 📀

National Popcorn Day GIF by Angry Birds

Star Trek 4K (Blu-ray)

Enjoyed the visual with the starship and Kirk & Spock sparing each other up, but would have liked them to battle some Klingons.

They did an incredible job casting these movies, every actor is perfect, and they look amazing.  Wish they had been a little more like Trek and a little less like action movies.  But I like them overall.  Looks good in 4K, right?

• Like 3