What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

Oh I love the Universal Classic Monsters as well. Got to introduce my oldest kid to them this year, she enjoyed them. Got to do it slow to not scare her off from horror.

You sound like my mom (R.I.P.) with her young kids as she introduced us to them as she would get my brother, sister and me to make piles of blankets, snacks & colas to sit down in front of our RCA TV on Friday/Saturday nights to watch our fav ghoul (look at my sig tribute to him!) introduce these❣️

4 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I enjoyed a lot his movie. In my opinion, with a first half really well done, with a talented director doing a great job.

The second half ys more.. the usual one, not special, as many others; but as a whole I think that I should have a lbetter fame than it achieved.

I agree with you, I was reading about it online and a lot of people said the same thing about it being strong in the first half and falling off towards the end, overall still a enjoyable movie! :D 

Awards

23 hours ago, Veum said:

NOW SHOWING movie theatre sign home theater decor

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🎃 👻 🧛‍♂️ watched…

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

Sat Oct 29

Halloween (1978) image.gif.e424edcabf13d87fe721a8d25326d0de.gifimage.gif.ca39f756152d9048727382a8b140a964.gifimage.gif.10a50c4749155ebf5c097269d0261c84.gifimage.gif.d0c1ec3f49c50b8922b9b3ddcc74ee9b.gifimage.gif.cd11a99739ad1605e3b469d0d88ddc59.gif

image.jpeg.d98c87df1d9e5a58651e339a00c80fc5.jpeg

My fav of the “Halloween” franchise with it’s spell-binding music and the maliciously menacing Michael Myers… a classic indeed! icon_biggrin.gif

One of my favorite, if not my all time favorite horror movie of all time! :) 

• Like 1

Awards

Watched Batman Begins again last night.  With all the BluFans Nolan trilogy activity, thought we'd revisit this classic.

As has been noted other places, it's hard not to think of what may have been in Westeros had Batman not saved Joffrey.

I guess it wasn't Cersei and Jamie's incest that scrambled Joffrey's DNA, creating that psychopath.   It was Dr. Crane's fear toxin that did it.

image.png.ee967315275b03051d44f12a9862340b.png

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, tylerismisfit said:

Just finished Barbarian, a horror movie that came out this year, I enjoyed it but if you want to watch this, I recommend going in completely blind, I think it will make your experience of watching it that much better.
Barbarian (2022) - IMDb

thanks for the recommendation.   It will be hard for me to be scared with Justin Long on the screen.  He will always be this guy to me -

image.gif.37b7750fb5617006c237e64c958a6bc1.gif

• Haha 3

@Gary K

I watched The Great Gatsby in 3D this evening. With the upcoming release from Blufans I didn’t want to go in blind. I actually enjoyed a good portion of this movie. the first 45 minutes were full of beautiful shots, creative editing, and a spectacular use of the 3D medium. The movie suffered in its pacing after that but in my opinion it finished strong. It’s not Baz’s best work but I found the performance of Toby M to be very strong. The soundtrack really didn’t do anything for me, to much Jay Z where Tom Waits would have been a better fit. 
I say it’s a solid 3/5. I’ll be happy to add it to the collection. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
9 minutes ago, Reagh said:

@Gary K

I watched The Great Gatsby in 3D this evening. With the upcoming release from Blufans I didn’t want to go in blind. I actually enjoyed a good portion of this movie. the first 45 minutes were full of beautiful shots, creative editing, and a spectacular use of the 3D medium. The movie suffered in its pacing after that but in my opinion it finished strong. It’s not Baz’s best work but I found the performance of Toby M to be very strong. The soundtrack really didn’t do anything for me, to much Jay Z where Tom Waits would have been a better fit. 
I say it’s a solid 3/5. I’ll be happy to add it to the collection. 

Agreed, not Baz’s best work.   I actually liked the soundtrack, but your idea Tom Waits has me wishing for that as well!

Appreciate your take.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife and I have been binging the Manifest series on Netflix (almost done with Season 3). Granted Seasons 1-3 were done by NBC, and Season 4-onwards by Netflix, so I'm waiting to see how Netflix does their Season 4.

@Reagh, I liked the Great Gatsby as well, but it could have been better in places. @Gary K, this is an instance where I like the music more than the movie, sadly.

• Like 4

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🎃 👻 🧛‍♂️ watching now on Amazon Prime one of my fav Actors Liam Neeson’s films…

Tue Nov 29

MEMORY (2022) An assassin-for-hire finds that he's become a target after he refuses to complete a job for a dangerous criminal organization. A remake of the 2003 Belgian film 'The Memory of a Killer'.

Watching Prime Vid…

The Confession  -Documentary 

S1 E1 When mother-of-two Patricia Hall disappears from a small Yorkshire town, her family make desperate appeals for her safe return. Police launch a major search operation but find nothing. As the hunt continues, her husband Keith becomes prime suspect. But there is no evidence tying him to any crime.

Then a mysterious woman appears, who may offer the key to finding out the truth.

S1E2 Six months after his wife Patricia goes missing, Keith Hall falls in love with a beautiful stranger. After a series of intimate meetings, he shares confidences that appear to reveal a terrible truth about Patricia’s disappearance. But the relationship is not all it seems, and Keith finds himself in a psychological game of cat and mouse with the police, leading to a dramatic courtroom showdown.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🎃 👻 🧛‍♂️ watching now…

Fri Dec 2

santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

Jingle All the Way (Blu-ray)

Christmas. It's the most magical time of year. But while many are bustling to find their children the perfect gifts, others aren't quite ready to adopt the holiday spirit. High-powered businessman Howard Langston loves his family, but he just can't seem to find enough time for wife Liz and son Jamie. But Howard will make it up to Jamie... he'll buy him the toy on every child's list to Santa -- and the hottest action figure of the season -- Turbo Man! Unfortunately, Howard if facing one BIG problem: It's Christmas Eve, and Turbo Man has been sold out since Thanksgiving! Howard's down-to-the-wire trek to find Turbo Man quickly turns into an odyssey wilder than he could have ever imagined. In the course of his seemingly endless Yuletide misadventures, he finds himself in a no-holds-barred fight-to-the-finish with a crazed postman named Myron, who is out to claim the last Turbo Man for his own kid.

I really enjoy Arnold in his comedic role here, a man that just wants to please his son for that Turbo-Man doll & to keep his promise to his wife haha! :)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🎃 👻 🧛‍♂️ watching now…

Sat Dec 3

santa.gifsanta.gif55jxVwS.png

Scrooged (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art

A contemporary comedy based on Charles Dickens' novel "A Christmas Carol," focusing on a television executive who decides to exploit the holidays to boost ratings.

An ok version of A Christmas Carol, the cgi was good and funny.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1