IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
19 hours ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

Today new

Man Of Steel,

now the box is complete, since Thomas only wanted the DL, I got his box / pictures of the box to follow

Frozen Best Buy with embossed

Angel Has Fallen

1600n.jpg

I'm waiting, hoping that Zavvi will release the latest "..has fallen" steelbook. If it looks like that, I'll be happy.

• Like 3

I have some free time today 🤣🤣🤣 Mail call Saturday!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Purchases on Filmarena, Ebay, Fnac and Novamedia

---------------------------------------------------------------

BLACK BARONS - Alita: Battle Angel 4K - 3D

FAC - Black Panther - 3D

Halloween (2018) 4K + Bonus 

Game of Thrones The Complete 8th season - 4K

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 3D

Blade Runner - The Final Cut - 4K

IMG_20191222_162736.jpg

IMG_20191222_163656.jpg

IMG_20191222_163449.jpg

IMG_20191222_163541.jpg

• Like 15

Hi Folks;
I received this incredible bronze of King Leonidas from the film 300 from my kids for Christmas so had to share!
Pictured with the Graphic Novel, dvd special edition released long ago and the newer MLIFE Blu-ray Spec Ed (with small poster in front)
The statue is appropriately heavy and the spear and arrows in the shield are removable.
Absolutely gorgeous and as I'm (to a degree) a fig collector, especially of film characters, this has pride of place for display.
Absolutely delighted my kids know what I like as well! 🤗

image.thumb.jpeg.02aaf4378f1844a20a968f6f3d41dcb7.jpeg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;
I received this incredible bronze of King Leonidas from the film 300 from my kids for Christmas so had to share!
Pictured with the Graphic Novel, dvd special edition released long ago and the newer MLIFE Blu-ray Spec Ed (with small poster in front)
The statue is appropriately heavy and the spear and arrows in the shield are removable.
Absolutely gorgeous and as I'm (to a degree) a fig collector, especially of film characters, this has pride of place for display.
Absolutely delighted my kids know what I like as well! 🤗

image.thumb.jpeg.02aaf4378f1844a20a968f6f3d41dcb7.jpeg

Oh @Grendel that is a beautiful present from your loving children... how thoughtful of them to get a present their dad will adore forever! 😘

MERRY CHRISTMAS🌲🤶🎅 & HAPPY NEW YEAR🎉 to you and your family my friend! 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Also wanted to upload this;

My Game Of Thrones HBO Special Edition set arrived 2 days ago and I think it is absolutely gorgeous.
I did not have any previous editions of GoT as I knew that on series completion there would be a full set of some nature so waited for it to happen.
No regrets whatsoever.
First it is BIG, like really big, like overkill big.
Second, it's heavy, quite heavy. Understandable considering the materials used I suppose.
Third, the artwork of the entire package is top tier imho. A lot of love and attention went into this, far more than just printing off a bunch of slip covers.

I was fortunate in that mine arrived in immaculate condition. Always a concern with something of this nature traveling long distance.
Superbly packaged in triple box (internally padded with bubble sheet on box 2) if it had been dropped I think it still would have survived.

So, if like me, you have held off on any fancy packaging in the past or simply want to upgrade, this is certainly worth your consideration.
My hats off to HBO for making this happen!

image.thumb.jpeg.63dddb6e7cc09cb7f882bd497c441124.jpeg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

Also wanted to upload this;

My Game Of Thrones HBO Special Edition set arrived 2 days ago and I think it is absolutely gorgeous.
I did not have any previous editions of GoT as I knew that on series completion there would be a full set of some nature so waited for it to happen.
No regrets whatsoever.
First it is BIG, like really big, like overkill big.
Second, it's heavy, quite heavy. Understandable considering the materials used I suppose.
Third, the artwork of the entire package is top tier imho. A lot of love and attention went into this, far more than just printing off a bunch of slip covers.

I was fortunate in that mine arrived in immaculate condition. Always a concern with something of this nature traveling long distance.
Superbly packaged in triple box (internally padded with bubble sheet on box 2) if it had been dropped I think it still would have survived.

So, if like me, you have held off on any fancy packaging in the past or simply want to upgrade, this is certainly worth your consideration.
My hats off to HBO for making this happen!

image.thumb.jpeg.63dddb6e7cc09cb7f882bd497c441124.jpeg

Another beautiful edition @Grendel to your great collection!😋

Where did you order this GOT from... is it very expensive?🤔

I’ve got the 4K of season 1 & 8 and believe it or not I have not seen one episode of this series as of yet! 😗

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello my dear friend @Veum ;

Amazon.com is selling the GoT set and right now, it's available for $50usd cheaper than I paid! (now $197.99)

Dang near wanna buy a 2nd one now, heh.  😉

Here's the link;

https://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Complete-Seasons-Collectors/dp/B07QJSGRZF/ref=sr_1_1?crid=HC1K4UEVTKN9&keywords=game+of+thrones+complete+series&qid=1577071089&s=movies-tv&sprefix=game%2Cmovies-tv-intl-ship%2C177&sr=1-1

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Amazon.com is selling the GoT set and right now, it's available for $50usd cheaper than I paid!

Here's the link;

https://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Complete-Seasons-Collectors/dp/B07QJSGRZF/ref=sr_1_1?crid=HC1K4UEVTKN9&keywords=game+of+thrones+complete+series&qid=1577071089&s=movies-tv&sprefix=game%2Cmovies-tv-intl-ship%2C177&sr=1-1

WOW, too rich for my blood at the moment as I’m in too many GBs here and bought much from John’s Black Friday Sale and went and ordered some today from Novamedia’s Winter Festival Sale! 🤑

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Amazon.com is selling the GoT set and right now, it's available for $50usd cheaper than I paid!

Here's the link;

@Grendel

giphy.gif

I paid a little over $250 for my copy from Best Buy.  It’s a damn nice set & I agree with everything you said about it. Congrats on being able to get yourself a copy.

12 minutes ago, Veum said:

WOW, too rich for my blood at the moment as I’m in too many GBs here and bought much from John’s Black Friday Sale and went and ordered some today from Novamedia’s Winter Festival Sale! 😊

@Veum

Whenever you are able you should definitely take advantage of that sale!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Grendel

giphy.gif

I paid a little over $250 for my copy from Best Buy.  It’s a damn nice set & I agree with everything you said about it. Congrats on being able to get yourself a copy.

@Veum

Whenever you are able you should definitely take advantage of that sale!

What sale my friend @Hollywood E Rock?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was hesitant to write this but well, I did.

If one is sitting on the fence wrt the GoT set, here's my thoughts;

I'm gonna take a moment to wax poetic of why I find this set so incredible.
Just skip this post if you don't care;

Over All Presentation;
- This is certainly an eye-catcher and hard to overlook when you walk into your media room and see it on the shelf.

Build;
- The case is made of wood. Very few of my premiums have that material used, (some UHD Premiums and Wicker Man (dvd) the only ones that spring to mind)
- Some have commented that the sleeves would have been better suited to wood. I disagree, as robust as Blu-rays are, I think eventually they would scratch were it so.
- The leather tabs on each season pane make it extremely easy to find and remove the particular season you are watching
- The plastic windows are removable for cleaning, an excellent idea!
- The slots each pane slides into are strong and evenly spaced
- The box closure is leather and riveted to the wood case for stability. A great idea. The Hand of the King pin is an excellent fastening device (note, the leather is brand new so I'm not concerned with the effort rq'd to insert the pin, it will loosen up).
- The artwork on each sleeve is gorgeous and SO MUCH better than had they used pics from the film in some sort of collage, imho. Yes you need to be careful with the disc retaining tabs but no more so than many packages I own and far better than using plastic tabs that could easily break with little chance of replacement.
- Once placed, it ain't goin' nowhere. unless you live in an earthquake prone area, no fears of this falling off a shelf.
- The protective cardboard box is quite attractive as well and I'll probably use it when I'm done watching the series to protect from dust (which I have an issue with, heh).

Contents;
- Well, ya get all the shows and a plethora of extras. Also a nice episode ToC book.
I'm not one who cares about superfluous 'naff (like postcards, groan, just why?) so actually happy it's not cluttered with stuff I'd probably throw in a drawer or lose anyway.
- For those so set up, I do wish they had made you a 4K edition. Fortunately(?) I don't have that concern. (also the price would have been much higher I imagine and the price already scares some folk for some reason (more on that below).
- Not much else to say really, it has what I wanted it to have.

So yeah, I am in awe with this set.
Now regarding price. Well, it's dropped already (on Amz at least) and when I consider what folks paid for each individual season, either in digi-pack or Steel, this is an absolute bargain, imho.
As for just getting the full set in the cardboard box, well sure, if say you already have the Steels and want a more convenient option for frequent viewing but since I don't, this CE puts the boxed set to shame and that box is not cheap either.
Also, comparing the price of this beauty to some of my Premium Editions (BF, FAC, HDZ etc) a helluva a bigger bang for the buck I'd say!

There we are. A great set in a great presentation for a reasonable price.
My new fave Premium!

edit: now if I put thought to an alternative design that would have been gorgeous as well; how about a weathered-metal statue of the Throne (with possibly a removable Sean Bean fig), with all the discs housed in the base?

🤗

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1