IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally had time to take some pictures and make up some past challenges, So here goes

Challenge #23

Looking at my collection, I think I have to pick sci-fi

68CC2E3A-3A6E-4195-B2A2-229B48B4F55A.thumb.jpeg.7d0a3266ae802bb79a562cafced74ac5.jpeg

There are still a bunch of sci-fi movies missing from my collection so I just picked five I really love.

1. Redline

2. Ex Machina

3. Dune

4. The Thing

5. Avatar

Avatar was the movie that got me interested in learning about special effects and filming before them.

Challenge #1

My favorite Lenticular is

The Prestige - MantaLab SL

D340D715-78E3-4B76-995E-8E9419167A50.thumb.jpeg.423bcc3c61a9060cb736831a9d568655.jpeg

Always loved this art on the Zavvi steel

so it when it was revealed, it was the obvious choice for me.

I usually prefer the depth type lenticulars but some of image change lenti’s are really nice.

Challenge #6

Spelling Usernames 

E - Evangelion 3.33

m - Metropolis

i - Inu-oh

l - the Lost Boys

899C32AE-6CE8-45EB-8E15-27376DC5538D.thumb.jpeg.8ef29612ea2a805f47c2b35053514414.jpeg
My username is after the character Emil

(same pronunciation as Emile) from the Nier games, I picked it because I like the face and love the games.

Thanks @InfiniteDoors

Bioshock Infinite is one of my favorite games as well. 10/10

I used Evangelion rebuild 3 because you cant see the title on 1, the title is the same color as the slip.

Challenge #8

Rainbow86E10FA1-F083-4001-811F-7A9934A6DE3A.thumb.jpeg.ec349c0e4e841c717b6a053c2e30120a.jpeg

All the Ghibli steels are together obviously 

but other than that my collection is pretty chaotic.

Anime steels in one place, Lionsgate releases with slips in another, anime with amaray slipcovers are near the bottom, and premium get their own shelf space.

Challenge #11

Sequels

987DB37A-6751-4B4D-A320-6CAD55FEAAD0.thumb.jpeg.211e6af763a94106dc5631ee4d3640bb.jpegB3FEC9E5-2A41-442B-ACEE-AA81C91551BD.thumb.jpeg.435055e5b528ec523d85065a4ed3b616.jpeg

Thor Ragnarok 

I think it’s a better movie then Thor, although I still really enjoy the first.

When the Top gun sequel was announced I thought it would be a cash grab, but it turned out amazing.

A Quiet Place part 2

I wouldn’t say it did anything better than the first, I just enjoyed the continuation of the story

as I really liked the the first one.

Kingsman the Golden Circle 

I enjoyed seeing the American counterpart to the Kingsman, especially Pedro Pascal.

The Hunger games: Catching Fire 

I liked the clock arena.

As for a sequel I would love to see ?

It would have been really cool to see the full story of Akira made into multiple films.

@Gary K is that the Perfect Blue story board book ?

Iron Man Want GIF

• Like 22

Salut les Psychos.

Ca fait longtemps que je n'ai pas pu participer. Le niveau était des derniers Challenge était un peu trop élevé pour moi 😔

Du coup, très content de pouvoir participer à Challenge très facile.

Pour ma sélection, incontestablement, mon genre préféré pour les films est la science fiction / aventure. Très difficile de faire un sélection parmi ma collection. 

1/ Matrix Résurrection

2/ Avengers l'Ere d'Ultron

3/ Wonder Woman

4/ Godzilla : Roi  des Monstres

5/ Batman : The Dark Night

image.thumb.jpeg.33cb0d914c02e121f282a1ef50862b2a.jpeg

Bonne journée à tous.

Julien

• Like 22

Thank you for Challenge 23! @Fortis93 Honestly, I don't really have a favorite genre.  I think Blade Runner is awesome, but so is Rambo, Saving Private Ryan or Lord of the Rings. And the first movie that stuck in my mind is Jaws. I also like horror, but I wouldn't say it's my favorite genre. I seem to be an all-rounder. 😂

But if I have to choose, I'll go with action/adventure. Here are some of my favorites from that genre:

B20C3266-2411-47E3-8D45-426E3E5CBD1D.thumb.jpeg.891f7fa8566a0681228e255e621db88e.jpeg

67449FA8-1F96-41D9-A055-D20C8E8EFAF8.thumb.jpeg.15e732c126da8479d450c665cd6a7cd8.jpeg

99BA05F4-6AD8-4A88-A06D-CB392FE42A91.thumb.jpeg.bc24b78532e962635a11d1583889ec47.jpeg

8C344BF7-4F5C-41A1-AC04-5DFA6344E548.thumb.jpeg.b80159f05e23d217895eedc475cd489f.jpeg

E114D423-646D-4F4B-9EC5-28DDD94069EF.thumb.jpeg.ff40e8744758f0db711a6f6d99cb7961.jpeg

• Like 21

Am 1.3.2023 um 16:45 schrieb Reagh:

Challenge 23

Thank you @Fortis93 for the great challenge! My favorite genre would be Mystery / Thriller’s. My favorite of all time will come as no surprise, Mulholland Dr. In my opinion it is the most beautiful film ever made. Multiple people can watch it all at the same time & almost everyone will have a different experience and different conclusions as it unfolds. 

41ACA187-57B1-4E36-8875-4C5EAA2740E5.thumb.jpeg.adc5b4e6027f116ba0d78f3b5e7c242a.jpeg

C48B00CD-2CC7-4D7D-89D9-269AE592E44F.thumb.jpeg.209fc3499fddc0dc4be1907f4b0be71b.jpeg

The film that changed everything for me was Blue Velvet. I saw it when I was 8 or 9 years old, & I quickly realized that there was a whole different world of Cinema out there.

I watched Mulholland Dr. for the first time last week. And what a great movie it is! Now I can understand your statements about it very well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Week 23 @extantsrevenge for your consideration squirrel GIF  and here we go @Fortis93 

My favourite Genre is Horror , now how diverse this category is gave me a right royal headache to concentrate on one aspect.

You all know how indecisive I can be so it has taken quite a while to finally settle on one that I am partial too above all others . I almost went Sci Fi as a fair few have a creature link as we have already seen .

Paranormal  Demonic and possession was also in the running . Then finally a Lamp Lightbulb GIF by ONE Condoms  moment to go

Creature Feature

4 out of my 5 choice's have 1 common denominator THE LATE GREAT STAN WINSTON 

Other than Ray Harryhausen has done more for cinema than any other visual effects artist  images(11).jpeg.fd5c175b9f2a8496a7aa7ae0b0b5af8c.jpeg.

YES cinema not just horror. his influence still goes on today as many quite rightly still hold him as a master of his craft  .

PXL_20230304_1535213842.thumb.jpg.eed2448d19812d7a8d33253256cd13dd.jpg

Leviathan

A great watch and bloody good fun . Claustrophobia, paranoid crew of different attitudes and ability's . Peter Weller , Ernie Hudson and Richard Crenna . One of the best punches in movie history. It's worth a watch just for that.

The Thing

Yes Yes and again yes , I know again well it is one of the most influential movies EVER and yes I am obsessed.

Pumpkin Head The Demon

Director THE man himself Stan Winston and his Demon . Lance Hendrickson as a farther wanting revenge . Only to learn too late that revenge very often comes at to bigger price to bere .

Slither 

The only one here not by Stan Winston yet I feel that IF he had have still have been alive he would have been involved.
Small town big personalities a mass of blood gore with killer jokes delivered with such perfection by Nathan Fillion and Michael Rooker it's a real great watch and I love it .

The Relic

Ironic that I chose this in the week that it was announced that Tom Sizemore was to begin receiving end of life care . Then 5 days later for his passing to be announced .
It does not end well for hoomans when the modern world and folklore and superstition mix .

The one that began my love of horror

PXL_20230304_153700630_MP2.thumb.jpg.cbedc526d895b68fd068bf14abc0b290.jpg

The Omen

Long before all of the above this set off my passion for all things horror. 

I love the intelligence behind this tale of manipulation of a unsuspecting couple , aided by a journalist who is intent on discovering the truth about thire child . 

A stellar cast and soundtrack a perfect introduction to a genre that can be very misunderstood.
  • Like 22

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Scary Hair said:

Week 23 @extantsrevenge for your consideration squirrel GIF  and here we go @Fortis93 

My favourite Genre is Horror , now how diverse this category is gave me a right royal headache to concentrate on one aspect.

You all know how indecisive I can be so it has taken quite a while to finally settle on one that I am partial too above all others . I almost went Sci Fi as a fair few have a creature link as we have already seen .

Paranormal  Demonic and possession was also in the running . Then finally a Lamp Lightbulb GIF by ONE Condoms  moment to go

Creature Feature

4 out of my 5 choice's have 1 common denominator THE LATE GREAT STAN WINSTON 

Other than Ray Harryhausen has done more for cinema than any other visual effects artist  images(11).jpeg.fd5c175b9f2a8496a7aa7ae0b0b5af8c.jpeg.

YES cinema not just horror. his influence still goes on today as many quite rightly still hold him as a master of his craft  .

PXL_20230304_1535213842.thumb.jpg.eed2448d19812d7a8d33253256cd13dd.jpg

Leviathan

A great watch and bloody good fun . Claustrophobia, paranoid crew of different attitudes and ability's . Peter Weller , Ernie Hudson and Richard Crenna . One of the best punches in movie history. It's worth a watch just for that.

The Thing

Yes Yes and again yes , I know again well it is one of the most influential movies EVER and yes I am obsessed.

Pumpkin Head The Demon

Director THE man himself Stan Winston and his Demon . Lance Hendrickson as a farther wanting revenge . Only to learn too late that revenge very often comes at to bigger price to bere .

Slither 

The only one here not by Stan Winston yet I feel that IF he had have still have been alive he would have been involved.
Small town big personalities a mass of blood gore with killer jokes delivered with such perfection by Nathan Fillion and Michael Rooker it's a real great watch and I love it .

The Relic

Ironic that I chose this in the week that it was announced that Tom Sizemore was to begin receiving end of life care . Then 5 days later for his passing to be announced .
It does not end well for hoomans when the modern world and folklore and superstition mix .

PXL_20230304_153700630_MP2.thumb.jpg.cbedc526d895b68fd068bf14abc0b290.jpg

The Omen

Long before all of the above this set off my passion for all things horror. 

I love the intelligence behind this tale of manipulation of a unsuspecting couple , aided by a journalist who is intent on discovering the truth about thire child . 

A stellar cast and soundtrack a perfect introduction to a genre that can be very misunderstood.

You beat me to it ! 

was about to post mine today and what a great tribute to Stan Winston!  The Thing is of course known for Rob Bottin’s amazing work, but the legendary Stan Winston also contributed to Thing - particularly the amazing “dog thing”. 

The Omen was one of the very first “true” horror films I saw as well!

my list coming soon. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:
The Relic

Damn.

R.I.P Tom Sizemore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Just now, Gary K said:

You beat me to it ! 

was about to post mine today and what a great tribute to Stan Winston!  The Thing is of course known for Rob Bottin’s amazing work, but the legendary Stan Winston also contributed to Thing - particularly the amazing “dog thing”. 

The Omen was one of the very first “true” horror films I saw as well!

my list coming soon. 

I beat someone that is a first for me put it on the calendar gang 

Love You Kiss GIF by Walter Mercado

As I was looking at some of our members awesome choices it was a Stan Winston hall of fame . 

The dog sequence is bad at home IS BAD in the cinema it was HORRIFIC . 

The total reliance on CGI today can sometimes be so fake , I think that is why as well my choice's are what they are as the look SO FREAKING GOOD Even now 30 , 40 or even 50 years old 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Damn.

R.I.P Tom Sizemore.

I know 😔😔 

Yet again life choices taking away such a massive talent with so much in more to give .

I hope we can remember in him for the fantastic performance's from Strange Days

To BHD . Natural Born Killers to The Relic.  Saving Private Ryan to Lock Up .

My thoughts and love go to all he loved and all who loved him

R.I.P

images(12).jpeg.b126b8bb0b457f769d062deb9c988343.jpeg

• Like 7

On 2/5/2023 at 5:51 AM, extantsrevenge said:

Challenge 20:

"Still Missing! Forgotten Treasures!

where-are-you-james-t-kirk.gif

This week the challenge has 2 parts.

First we want you to show us 5 Movies from your collection that you love but only have as DVD because they have no Blu-ray release.

You can show more, should you not have have 5 on DVD, show as many as you got, If you don't have any, you can show 5 Blu-ray Movies that you would love receive a 4K Upgrade. But hopefully enough members have movies that have really been forgotten by the studios.

For the second part we want you to show us between 5-10 movies on Blu-ray from your collection that you really wish had a Steelbook release, but for some unexplainable reason never got one 😲.

The Movies shown in the second part have to be different movies than from what was shown in the first part.

For both parts you can add comments to the movies, not mandatory but always welcome.

No TV Series in this challenge please.

Alright @extantsrevenge you son of a b*tch, I've got you now. I scrounged around my house, garage, and even my toilet to find all of this. If you don't give me my points, I will cry. This is my crying face.

star trek spock GIF

Alright, here we go! 5 DVDs with no Blu-Ray release!

1) Barbie as Rapunzel

2) Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper

3) Barbie: Fairytopia

4) Barbie: Fairytopia—Mermaidia

5) Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses

20230304_140538.thumb.jpg.b8031801d4e1a7da5a505f4a5224485e.jpg

Thank God for my sister lmao

5 Blu-Rays with no steelbook release

1) A Writer's Odyssey

2) The African Queen

3) Crazy, Stupid Love

4) Easy A

5) Yes Man

20220904_100810.thumb.jpg.04b52ffbc27cccdc1a6c79c96c285759.jpg

20230304_153625.thumb.jpg.469e9dbfef9f07eeb5f48f68f53bf432.jpg

Now I should be all caught up on my points. Never do that again Nils!

• Like 18

thank you @Fortis93 & @extantsrevenge for Challenge 23: Best of the Best.

Horror is my favorite genre, and in hopes of adding some diversity, for my 5 picks I will showcase some Slasher flicks. Not that Slashers are my favorite, just horror in general. More of a shoutout to Terrifier 2, which I think is amazing. 

1) Psycho

2) Texas Chainsaw Massacre

3) Halloween

4) Child's Play

5) Terrifier 2 

IMG-898812206.thumb.jpg.584074789edda61ad4bc0d8dbf82296b.jpg

Because of my age at the time of release, Child's Play (I was only around 7-8) honestly was most likely the first that got me started down this road. I liked books by Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Clive Barker, etc, at a really young age).

• Like 17

• ★ Administrators ★

Challenge 23: Best of the Best

Without much doubt, horror is my favorite genre and has been from a very early age.  Science fiction, of course, is a very close second but really I was always much more a FANGORIA kid than STARLOG.  I loved the thrill of being scared and, even more, anticipating the scare.  That feeling like I am ascending the first hill of a roller coaster, knowing the inevitable drop is about to come and being powerless to prevent it, yet relishing every delicious moment.  Then that feeling when the scare comes and every hair instantly stands up and my spine literally tingles.  I am constantly in search of those feelings like a fcuking junkie.    Horror also is, at its best, lurid, transgressive, unhinged and with a sense of anything goes and, often, a diy attitude from filmmakers who are barely adults themselves.   Horror - at it’s best - can represent the best that cinema has to offer and like the very best art of any medium, elicit emotional responses that I’m powerless to prevent.

With that said, the best horror that I have in my collection is a moving target on any given day but the films I chose to highlight are on my Mt. Rushmore of horror.  The permanent desert island collection if you will.

Halloween

While Peeping Tom, Psycho and Bay of Blood and Torso are earlier examples of what came to be know as the “slasher”, no other film singularly created  - and perfected - what came to become so many bona fide tropes of the genre in one fell swoop.   An unquestionable classic filmed on a shoestring budget by a fledgling director who would instantly become a modern master of horror.  Largely bloodless, yet incredibly violent and downright scary.  The suspense and terror of the final act is a tour de force of modern filmmaking.  Often imitated and never duplicated.

Evil Dead

Almost impossible to categorize and to this day a singular (other than its own sequels) example of absolute gonzo filmmaking of the highest order.  Filmed on weekends by high school friends over several years this delirious amalgam of the Three Stooges, Cabin in the Woods thrillers and Demonic/zombie anarchy throws everything and about a million gallons of goopy blood up against the wall and damn near all of it sticks.  Revolutionizing what can be done with a camera by being almost the exact opposite of a stedicam and making the camera itself an actual character - and a truly terrifying one at that.  Oh, and unlike the sequel, the original is f u c k i n g horrifying at times and not in a jokey way.

The Shining

Stanley Kubrick + Stephen King + Jack Nicholson = the scariest, most unfaithful horror novel adaptation ever?  

Of course, I had the benefit of not having read the novel first, so I didn’t care that it wasn’t a faithful adaptation.  All I knew was that from the very first helicopter shot and opening bars of that score I was digging my fingernails into my chair and bracing myself for my stomach to drop in delicious terror.  In the years to follow I began to appreciate the monumental achievement in filmmaking on display.  The stedicam, the production design, the cinematography, and the two lead performances are absolutely astonishing.  Oh yeah, and it’s one of the absolute scariest films I’ve ever seen.  Indelible.

The Exorcist

The. Scariest. Movie. I’ve. Ever. Seen.

Yeah, to this day it remains the film that gives me nightmares.  From the opening scene in Iraq, to the final frames I’m watching in a state of sustained dread and terror.  The film that cemented the demonic genre as the one that scared me the most.   I remember seeing the re-release of the director’s cut with my younger brother at a nearly empty theater in midtown NYC when I was in my late 20s.  I’d seen the movie a dozen times before, but I still begged my kid brother to wait with me while I waited for the cab home.  When I got home I turned on every light and still couldn’t fall asleep without images of possessed Regan plaguing my mind’s eye.  Delicious.

Suspiria

I couldn’t omit perhaps the greatest Italian horror film ever made.  Dario Argento paints with a candy colored, lurid brush and the opening sequence is arguable one of the very best kill scenes ever committed to film.  Scene after scene piles on pure “wrongness” in the most beautiful way.  And that score by Goblin is an absolute genre defining banger and probably the scariest thing about an already terrifying film.

The Thing

Oh yeah, then there is this little ditty John Carpenter made a few years after Halloween.  It’s in my top 5 films of all time and will forever be my number one with a bullet favorite horror film.  The suspense, the Agatha Christie style and then there were none mystery, the genre defining Rob Bottin practical effects and THE YOU GOTTA BE F U C K I N G KIDDING me spider head!  Kurt Russel, Keith David, Wilfred Brimley and Ennio Morricone aping the directer’s own composing style.  The matte paintings, Dean Cundey’s cinematography.  THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST.

Jaws

As for the film that started me down the horror path, while I’d seen Creature From The Black Lagoon and plenty of monster movies starting when I was 5, when I saw Jaws the summer of 1976 (a year after it’s initial release) I was hooked on a feeling.  That feeling of unadulterated, joyous, and singular suspense followed by a jolt of horror.  Jaws is creature horror at its best and is also in my top 5 of all time and always will be.  Probably the movie I’ve seen the most in my lifetime and I don’t see that honor changing.   

5C97CF8C-BA47-4976-9E29-3BF59ECE440B.thumb.jpeg.ef188c3f466f7e7a12c6d4e3e417689f.jpeg

• Like 21

• ★ Administrators ★

Catching up on the new submissions.

Nice pick with the Anime Genre @Soundwave I love that too, I could have filled my Sci-Fi Genre pick completely with awesome Sci-Fi Anime. The great thing about Anime is that it can be part of basically any Genre, the diversity in storytelling is simply so big.

@Steelbook Indy

Happy Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

you did it, congratulations to your new Award. But Drama/Oscar Contenders is not a genre 🤣 . Thank you also for submitting old challenges 🙏

@bl4ck5t3r Comedy added to our ranking 😃.

@cypheria078 Action is closing in on Sci-Fi 😅 only a few more 🤣

That is awesome @ethnosax 👍

Finally we have the Superhero Genre. @DParadigm I will give this an extra entry in the list. We could count it in both Action or Sci-Fi but I think with the amount of movies coming out with Superheroes at this point it has become its own thing.

@Emil another point for Sci-Fi and thank you so much for submitting a great selection of old challenges.

@coupelle did you just use Matrix 4 in a picture for your favorite genre 😲, never thought I would live to see that 🤣. I will give this point to Sci-Fi as the majority of your shown titles is fitting that.

@Gentleman cool selection.

@Scary Hair that took a while for Horror to make an appearance 😄. Damn @Rambo I would have expected Action from you and not horror. And the 3rd point for Horror, that was a captivating post @Gary K. I have to be honest Horror has really lost its appeal for me in the last few years.

The current favorite Genre Ranking is:

17 x Sci-Fi

5 x Action (Adventure)

3 x Horror

3 x Thriller (Mystery)

2 x Anime

2 x Fantasy

2 x Western

1 x Animated

1 x Comedy

1 x Gangster

1 x Genre Bending 😅

1 x Long Epic Movies

1 x Martial Arts

1 x Superheroes

Happy Lets Go GIF

That is cool @Chief_lookout now you have completed every challenge so far 👍

@InfiniteDoors

Valentines Day Love GIF

and yes you also get the point for Challenge 20, did not anticipate that you're such a huge fan

Barbie What GIF by MOODMAN😜

You have also cleared every single challenge now.

Great picture @mpmarcel thanks for getting back to this challenge.

Remember members can still submit up to 5 old challenges. Later today we will get our next Challenge from @Gary K.

giphy.gif

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Well - here we go...

... challenge #23

It's hard to decide which is the best genre, because, for me, there is no best - it depends on the mood I'm in. ;)

mood GIF

But, as we have to choose one,

I choose my genre:

Adventure-Action-Fantasy!

1. Indiana Jones

2. The Goonies

3. Romancing the Stone

4. King Kong

5. The Mummy

6. Jurassic Park

7. Kong: Skull Island

and...

8. The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings

( I know - most people would cry and say: "it's just Fantasy!", but for me it's also a BIIIIIIG adventure with a lots of action!!! ;) )

The movie, that made me fall in love with it, was - of course - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom!

(I saw it, before I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Last Crusade.)

harrison ford GIF

IMG_20230305_093135.jpg

Edited by javi
  • Like 16

vor 50 Minuten schrieb javi:

Well - here we go...

... challenge #23

It's hard to decide which is the best genre, because, for me, there is no best - it depends on the mood I'm in. ;)

But, as we have to choose one,

I choose my genre:

Adventure-Action-Fantasy!

1. Indiana Jones

2. The Goonies

3. Romancing the Stone

4. King Kong

5. The Mummy

6. Jurassic Park

7. Kong: Skull Island

and...

8. The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings

( I know - most people would cry and say: "it's just Fantasy!", but for me it's also a BIIIIIIG adventure with a lots of action!!! ;) )

The movie, that made me fall in love with it, was - of course - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom!

(I saw it, before I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Last Crusade.)

I'm also struggling with THE BEST genre because also for me it depends on mood and situation.

I like "Adventure-Action-Fantasy" movies a lot but on the other side I'm also a big Star Wars Fan which is definetly Science Fiction. And I like Animation movies so mcuh because they are funny and so entertaining and created mostly with a lot joy and love for details. Hm, hard to decide. To find 5 movies for these genres is no problem. To reduce them to 5 the bigger problem. 😆 I'll now take a look at my shelves and then I post my selection.

• Like 7

Challenge 23: Best of the Best

Thanks to our friend @Fortis93 from Down Under for this challenge ! 👍

In the end I took "Animation" as genre which is not so frequently used and it will not affect my love for Science Fiction and Adventure movies.

To show only 5 is really difficult and I tried to choose some movies which have a special place in my heart.

• Ice Age >> Sid with his friends and the little parallel storyline with Scrat is legendary ! I like all episodes and these a) deserve nice Steelbooks and b) a Premium Big Box !
  • The Incredibles (Die Unglaublichen) >> another milestone with a family as action heros. So funny and entertaining !
  • Wall-E >> who did not love Wall-E and Eve ?
  • Despicable Me (Ich - Einfach Unverbesserlich) >> okay, a movie with Minions has to be in my Top 5. 😁 But this was the first time I got in contact with them. 🤩
  • Over The Hedge (Ab durch die Hecke) >> first time I got in contact with @extantsrevenge Nils using his codename "Hammy". 😄 I loved this movie with the thinking about "whats behind this big wall?" 👍😎 Also deserves a nice Steelbook.

Sure there are a lot of more movies to be mentioned. My first movie I saw in cinema was "Bernard and Bianca". All the "Asterix" comic movies, all old Disney movies like "Jungle Book" etc.

The list might be endless...just took a small selection. Animation movies will never die in my opinion because these movies a loved by children, teens and adults. 👍

challenge23_001.thumb.jpg.932b7d90a1e4e01a5b64e5e2b90cf43d.jpg

Edited by raylight
  • Like 19

Challenge 23: Best Of The Best!

@extantsrevenge

@Fortis93  Thanks for this challenge!

It's not hard for me to figure out that Sci-Fi is my favorite genre.

On the other hand, it is more difficult to name my top 5 favorite films from the genre.

So the list isn't to be taken too seriously, since I can't really count on one hand which films are included and which aren't.

Interstellar

Tron: Legacy

Oblivion

Aliens

Matrix

IMG_20230305_112226_edit_140679338436865.thumb.jpg.73773d960cd241010c62a7adc7ab283b.jpg

• Like 18

Challenge 1: Lenticulars!

@extantsrevenge  Thanks for this challenge!

So much great Lenticulars on the market but here are one of my favourite lenticulars.

Inception UHD Club

Dunkirk UHD Club

Blade Runner 2049 Filmarena

The Dark Knight Blufans

Ready Player One Filmarena

IMG_20230305_114236_edit_140944844612346.thumb.jpg.8ca0191c9d6bf8997c565f8533d41b73.jpg

One Of the Best Lenticulars compositions I have ever seen is the 3 fold lenticular by 2012 MAG.

IMG_20230305_114712_edit_141465180881537.thumb.jpg.528bd0034f2d6836f905d43a95ce229c.jpgIMG_20230305_114724_edit_141454924493518.thumb.jpg.bf31ed86dc130262b2331b2344b799ad.jpg

Edited by sobmaster
  • Like 17

vor 1 Stunde schrieb raylight:

I'm also struggling with THE BEST genre because also for me it depends on mood and situation.

I like "Adventure-Action-Fantasy" movies a lot but on the other side I'm also a big Star Wars Fan which is definetly Science Fiction. And I like Animation movies so mcuh because they are funny and so entertaining and created mostly with a lot joy and love for details. Hm, hard to decide. To find 5 movies for these genres is no problem. To reduce them to 5 the bigger problem. 😆 I'll now take a look at my shelves and then I post my selection.

Yes... it's really hard... I've just choosen the genre, fitting the first movie, that popped up in my mind.

Star Wars is also amazing and also kind of fantasy, but more science fiction....but I have very different opinions about science fiction movies. ;)

But your genre is also very great...

I love Incredibles, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, Cars, and....and...and......

• Like 5

Challenge 2: 5 Premium edition from 5 retailer!

@extantsrevenge

@R1s1ngs0n  Thanks for this challenge!

I have slightly different editions than usual and left out Blufans, HDzeta this time.

Gattaca EverythingBlu Fullslip

13 Hours Black Barons

Closely Watched Traines Filmarena

Captain America KimchiDVD

First Man Cinemuseum

IMG_20230305_124152_edit_143806161092117(1).thumb.jpg.61fd6a05455b6a1d6455dbc9c0e39c56.jpg

Edited by sobmaster
  • Like 13