IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

11 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Oh My God Wow GIF by The Roku Channel

I'm a little shocked to see so many comments already from people that do not have any physical soundtracks left 😲. I actually anticipated that this challenge would be harder and some might not be able to do it, but I had hoped (since we are into movies and buy multiple editions of them) that most will also have a few CD's, LP's or even a cassette of their favorite soundtracks lying around.

I mean for me music is such an important part of a movie and I listen much more to my CD's than I wantch the movies.

😱, I'm not sure how we could add showing digital soundtracks members own?

If anyone has an idea, feel free to post, and I will think about it.

@extantsrevenge Nils why couldn’t for those that do not have physical media use this/these for example (which is what I would use & thought of w/this challenge for me) 🧐

Spoiler

The Exorcist (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art 

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

😱, I'm not sure how we could add showing digital soundtracks members own?

If anyone has an idea, feel free to post, and I will think about it.

I don't know about accepting digital  soundtracks.

I dont have an exact answer on how to show. But I think it would be hard to show ownership as you can pull the soundtrack from a subscription services.  Might be ripe for fraud.

Fraud Hoax GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I must confess, I also had the hope that here among us collectors of physical media yet also more have CDs or vinyl records in the collection, at least a few. I'm sorry for all those who now feel they can't participate.

But as Nils @extantsrevenge wrote, maybe you have ideas. Or you go the @R1s1ngs0n way, like @Gary K already did. 😂

But great soundtracks have already been shown! Awesome! 🙏

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Challenge 8

Very original challenge this week, I'm always surprised by what the challenge has in store each week, thanks @Trianna

Heart Love GIF

Akira Kimchidvd 

Thor ragnarok Blufans 

I am a legend Hdzeta 

Fight club Fnac 

Rogue one Blufans

John Wick 2 Novamedia 

Gardians of the galaxy 2 WeetCollection 

IMG_20221106_160739.thumb.jpg.cca652fddd12dc7d7eeb052a91950208.jpg

Not easy to answer this week's question, as I don't have room to display them at the moment, but I'd say I'd arrange them in alphabetical order with some exception with Marvel for example where I'd group them together 😬

• Like 21

Okay, my dears, let's post a pic for Challenge 9...

1 - Kill Bill - one of my favourite soundtrack-compilations - Vinyl + Novamedia OCs

2 - Lord of the rings - The soundtrack-album on CD + HDZETA Silver

3 - Bloodsport - Songs, which I will always associate with Bloodsport - a fantstic Vinyl-edition + German Mediabook

4 - The Bond Movies - Best Of Soundtracks - CD + German Anniversary edition (two Flatbooks)

5 - Interstellar - Soundtrack CD + HDZETA Lentislip (too lazy for Sunday to put out UHDC & Manta)

MPC_award_9.thumb.jpg.1041cfc25f6960d406127b333e40ce6d.jpg

• Like 25

Unfortunately, I can't even get creative and go the route of @Gary K because I'm not a huge fan of "musical" movies. Which is not the same thing as disliking a movie's soundtrack or musical score. Of course I have my favorites that would definitely fit this category (Star Wars, Jaws, LOTR, Indiana Jones, Star Trek), but just not the physical soundtrack CDs to show.

I am actually pleasantly surprised we have the number of Psychos that can actually meet this challenge. Kudos to you all!

• Like 13

@extantsrevenge I love movie soundtracks, but usually download the digital version. One you posted, Conan the Barbarian, is one I love and have listened to many times! The Riddle of Steel is my favorite track! But the physical can be tough to find. Also, if you love James Horner, you should check out the soundtrack for my favorite movie: Krull! It's excellent! Also, Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan is him, and very similar!

• Like 4

Great CHALLENGE @Gentleman . 

The first soundtrack I purchased was the twin peaks cassette soundtrack.

DAVID LYNCH’S Twin Peaks Season 1 & 2 

1D4CF973-C832-48C4-8B1B-D0C95795738D.thumb.jpeg.885bd3c143a91d9afd9da59d567d9267.jpeg

DAVID LYNCH’S Twin Peaks The Return Season 3

218552E1-6C40-4D38-A9EF-7D93FB7A0BFC.thumb.jpeg.d067cc25ac807b9bfee51b90b410f92f.jpeg

DAVID LYNCH’S Twin Peaks FIRE WALK WITH ME 🔥 

536838D7-2812-4C14-B1F0-94F01D33DE6A.thumb.jpeg.156dbcbb3fb97d72c88678629f1314cf.jpeg

DAVID LYNCH’S Blue Velvet 

6F64104C-DE9E-47A5-BA48-13DB69D29D51.thumb.jpeg.b1a97db983cf72780b711edec049de75.jpeg

DAVID LYNCH’S Lost Highway 

E3272EE6-33D1-4FE6-B8F3-51E4B18B4CAC.thumb.jpeg.f5fc4d782327f41e800a94395a7a3b2e.jpeg

A few other oddities 

0C753A1D-F87B-4D3F-9904-14FFE30FCA53.thumb.jpeg.c3f0cbe36c7645f759a72f856db56d3d.jpeg

0557B528-EC2F-498D-A481-3D9745C2BD7C.thumb.jpeg.61ca97f17e8a54353fd714f588d4ac11.jpeg

• Like 25

50 minutes ago, Cornbuster said:

Okay, my dears, let's post a pic for Challenge 9...

1 - Kill Bill - one of my favourite soundtrack-compilations - Vinyl + Novamedia OCs

2 - Lord of the rings - The soundtrack-album on CD + HDZETA Silver

3 - Bloodsport - Songs, which I will always associate with Bloodsport - a fantstic Vinyl-edition + German Mediabook

4 - The Bond Movies - Best Of Soundtracks - CD + German Anniversary edition (two Flatbooks)

5 - Interstellar - Soundtrack CD + HDZETA Lentislip (too lazy for Sunday to put out UHDC & Manta)

MPC_award_9.thumb.jpg.1041cfc25f6960d406127b333e40ce6d.jpg

Wait, I thought the Bloodsport media book wasnt coming out until mid-November!?!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Chief_lookout said:

@extantsrevenge I love movie soundtracks, but usually download the digital version. One you posted, Conan the Barbarian, is one I love and have listened to many times! The Riddle of Steel is my favorite track! But the physical can be tough to find. Also, if you love James Horner, you should check out the soundtrack for my favorite movie: Krull! It's excellent! Also, Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan is him, and very similar!

https://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7716/.f

I have this, it's awesome. I used to break it out for roadtrips when we left early in the morning. Amped me up listening to it and watching the sunrise. Wife wouldnt have the same reaction and would roll her eyes and go back to sleep, lol! A lot of the soundtracks are super expensive (relatively). There is usually a vendor at major ComicCons selling them and the prices just make them a bit cost prohibitive except for absolute favorites (Conan and Big Trouble in Little China).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gentleman said:

Challenge 9: "Don't stop the music". 🎹 🎶

In the Challenges so far, we've mainly focused on all kinds of editions for movies. This time we want to highlight an important aspect that can make a movie so much more memorable - the Soundtrack. Music is an integral part of any Movie experience and many of them have amazing soundtracks/scores. Sometimes the soundtrack has become even more famous or successful than the movie itself. Therefore, the upcoming challenge will also be about the music that is closely related to the movies we love.

We would like to know your 5 favorite soundtracks. Take one or more photos of 5 movies and the corresponding soundtrack. Both must be in physical format. Which format doesn't matter (Premium Edition, Steelbook, Amaray etc. for movies / CD, Vinyl etc. for soundtracks).

We would also like to know what the first soundtrack was that you bought. Please tell us something about how you came to buy this soundtrack.

We are really excited and look forward to the challenge and your posts. Have fun and let the music play! 😉

Challenge 9

🥤🤠 Alright, Alright ‘Ol Veum was quite surprised with himself as he found 4 TV series/a film w/soundtracks by digging! :)

Not necessarily my favs exactly cause I have some more also!! 😉

I really do not remember which soundtrack I bought first though possibly Dark Shadows? 🤨 

*can these TV series count*? 🤔 

The Eagle - beautiful angelic title song by Misen

Broadchurch - a beautiful collection by Olafur Arnalds from the series

Wallander - music compiled of the series by Adam Norden

Dark Shadows The Revival Series - composed by the brilliant Bob Cobert

Miracle on 34th Street - Original Soundtrack Album sung from several artists 

0109A6CB-C6C4-4204-B004-AA27B252F543.thumb.jpeg.d71970a99ae5703d3f5b02cb510cd65b.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 19

spacer.png

Since so many aren't going to be able to post this week, and since @BreakBeatDJasked... here are some more favorites and fun stuff. :) (I don't want to annoy anyone with too many posts, so hopefully you'll either enjoy this or quickly scroll past.)

IMG_1197.thumb.jpg.af9f9bf7b7c2ca794b0faa3f20bec2b2.jpg

Twin Peaks, Angelo Badalamenti. Just for you, @Reagh. ;) (Expecting a TP reaction gif, please.)

IMG_1198.thumb.jpg.a4c00c47cf4493fe0574929e163218e3.jpg

Lawrence of Arabia, Maurice Jarre. Lean/Jarre—another great film partnership. The look and sound of the midcentury epic adventure.

IMG_1199.thumb.jpg.45fa9ebff79e721941479e3189bc7de9.jpg

Until the End of the World, various. Something different. This album was, at the time, much more well-known and popular than the film, though the film, especially in the Criterion release, is really worth checking out. What made the album particularly poignant as a memento of New Wave rock is how many of the groups were either disbanded by that time or soon would be.

IMG_1201.thumb.jpg.41784db595264d27a1fa41a493088bc4.jpg

2001: A Space Odyssey, various. I had the cassette soundtrack when I was a little kid, and I would listen to it a lot, presumably having no clue what was going on, but fascinated nevertheless. My appreciation for every aspect of this film (except Kubrick's ego, and his poor treatment of his crew) continues to grow.

IMG_1202.thumb.jpg.5963a189ba48a56f7c99a2b175664021.jpg

The Iron Giant, Michael Kamen. Not so much my all-time favorite soundtrack as a couple of the most beautiful media releases, for a very worthy film.

IMG_1203.thumb.jpg.d32b8592b65bcc7e76d0fdb60f0a432b.jpg

The Dark Crystal, Trevor Jones. I knew this movie really well as a kid, but it wasn't until adulthood that I then put together Trevor Jones and three very different, very favorite movies of mine: The Dark Crystal, Last of the Mohicans, and Dark City.

IMG_1204.thumb.jpg.fddbc89560e1ce30bf8e8e25043058d5.jpg

Tron, Wendy Carlos; Tron Legacy, Daft Punk. The original Tron score is one of the dominant soundscapes of my childhood, in part because of playing that amazing arcade game so much. And of course the Daft Punk score needs no introduction. Perfection.

IMG_1205.thumb.jpg.f23ffae43acd300c0f6066b1f5c212f5.jpg

The Bride of Frankenstein, Franz Waxman. And last, one of the original classics. This was the first case of a sequel that is much, much better than the original. I love the movie, and Waxman's score is wondrous.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

Very few physical soundtracks in my collection these days. Good luck, all!Im Out GIF

OK, my OCD got the better of me and I had to dig through a bunch of stuff, so confident was I that I could find five soundtracks. So, Challenge 9 accepted after all, @Gentleman!

Of course, I had to have soundtracks to one of my favorite film trilogies! So, here are the Hans Zimmer CDs for Nolan’s Batman movies.

E8F1B10A-D530-4C40-AFF2-AA859B77D325.thumb.jpeg.6b453b7875f811db09bd702c2b2b5ed3.jpeg

The Zimmer love continues with his Man of Steel score, which came in a steelbook! This was an amazing rediscovery, so thanks for making me dig this up!!! Here it is with HDZeta OC box set. 😁

3E76128D-41AA-4121-9B47-6DACCDADD9F0.thumb.jpeg.3bd151340a31b8bad22b0fb3a1905a4a.jpeg

And last but certainly not least… I’m a big Trent Reznor/NIN fan, as well as a fan of David Fincher. So, naturally, I HAD to have the soundtrack for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. (Sidebar, but I absolutely love the way Fincher’s films were packaged back in the day, with digipacks and slip covers — they’re really nice pieces of physical media made all the more special because of their packaging.)

5C6B5769-D23C-4134-A4ED-DB8F4597080D.thumb.jpeg.6f5714257e79fc80fcb71276d979954b.jpeg

80D06A23-3A21-4C7C-9D41-58B15B399B8F.thumb.jpeg.05f9bbbc4e23a82982521c196611c77e.jpeg

While digging around, I found the soundtrack to The Sopranos, too — one of my all-time favorite shows with one of the catchiest theme song ear worms ever. 
5E93CE98-F6EF-44DC-B33F-26E3AFFF5925.thumb.jpeg.3cbb81ecb5edeb558d0f81adb4dff4b8.jpeg

I also found my copy of the Magnolia soundtrack with Aimee Mann. It’s a great listen! But not pictured because, for some reason, I apparently never bought the movie itself! 😂😂😂 Gonna have to fix that one of these days…

As far as the first soundtrack I ever bought… I don’t have a freaking clue. I’m guessing, though, that it was for a Star Wars score box set for the OT. I do have memory of working at Best Buy and getting a copy of The Phantom Menace score and listening to Duel of the Fates over and over leading up to the movie’s release.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Reagh said:

Thanks for sharing those Awesome editions @ethnosax. I have never seen those before. Any suggestions on where to find those? I’ve never purchased a record before so I’m not sure if there is a better place than the obvious places like Amazon or the dreaded EBay 

Those four records were from Mondo. It looks like all but the original soundtrack are still available there, and I can't imagine the original one costs much more secondhand. Mondo records are notoriously, disappointingly, low-quality, but I think these are all right.

There was also the season two soundtrack vinyl, which was a Record Store Day selection a few years ago.

IMG_1206.thumb.jpg.19d6cb3f12d623383cfe9191902aaba1.jpg

IMG_1207.thumb.jpg.a5758fb84c1c3fee695a0adc55af29b7.jpgIMG_1208.thumb.jpg.5a5f2321a390266e5fabe43deaec2dab.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@Gentleman @extantsrevenge

Like many other members I don't own a physical media, because I only listen on platforms like Spotify or Youtube, can't we find a compromise by quoting 1 or 2 music titles per movie?

This could allow members who are not familiar with the film to discover some of the soundtracks without having to listen to the whole album.

In any case bravo to those who have already published the challenge 9, your photos give desire to explore this side of the collection 😃

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Adrip said:

@Gentleman @extantsrevenge

Like many other members I don't own a physical media, because I only listen on platforms like Spotify or Youtube, can't we find a compromise by quoting 1 or 2 music titles per movie?

This could allow members who are not familiar with the film to discover some of the soundtracks without having to listen to the whole album.

In any case bravo to those who have already published the challenge 9, your photos give desire to explore this side of the collection 😃

I thought that is what I offered also but was dismissed promptly 😂 

Beard Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

Challenge #8

20221106-210148.jpg

I have my editions sorted by color, and within each color by font size and color.

The only ones that I have aside are editions that, due to their size, break this canon of usual size, and some "old ladies" that, due to their beauty and longevity, deserve a separate place.

And I'm glad I found out with this challenge that I'm not the only guy in the world who sorts his movies by color!!! ;) 

This @Trianna challenge has made me feel less weird. :P 

I've always been tempted to order them by authors, I'm a big fan of the concept of "authors", it would be very consistent, I'm sure, but I've always had vertigo in case I don't like it later. Having to put them all back like this could be a really long job.

• Like 18