IGNORED

R1s1ngs0n's Holy Cabinet

This is my entire movie collection as of today. As you can see, it's a very modest collection by MP standards, but one that I am proud of and quite satisfied with.

Each Premium edition has been opened, caressed and cherished, with the only double dip being Blade Runner UC and Manta.

I have a few upcoming releases on the horizon, which means I will somehow have to make room with the practically non-existant shelf space I got left (tv series will likely end someplace else in the living room). Another reason why I have to be very picky when deciding which editions to buy.

Cheers

Collection1.jpg

Collection2.jpg

Collection3.jpg

And just so I can make the man who has everything @Masterblaster a little jealous, here are my magnificent six presented in all their glory 😁

Custom1.jpg

Custom2.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Great @R1s1ngs0n, I'm always impressed how you keep your collection to your favorites and don't buy multible editions. A little scared by the fact that you don't use any protective Slips for your editions. But I can imagine how carefully you handle each of your treasures, so it should be fine.

The Bond Custom Steelbooks are a sight to behold

e6ccd3c67894e0bedd8e8b8f335f989c096b8894

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Great @R1s1ngs0n, I'm always impressed how you keep your collection to your favorites and don't buy multible editions. A little scared by the fact that you don't use any protective Slips for your editions. But I can imagine how carefully you handle each of your treasures, so it should be fine.

Thank Nils. I understand why collectors use protective covers but personally I don't have use for them, plus they lessen the aesthetic appeal of the editions. The only exception are my UC wooden editions which stay protected in their boxes.

Every couple of months I inspect my editions for creases, scratches, dings, etc. and so far they are all mint, just like the day I received them (minus the shrink wrap).

Treat your Premiums like you would treat your better half and you'll be fine 😀

lyqa-team-lyqa.gif

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

This is my entire movie collection as of today. As you can see, it's a very modest collection by MP standards, but one that I am proud of and quite satisfied with.

Each Premium edition has been opened, caressed and cherished, with the only double dip being Blade Runner UC and Manta.

I have a few upcoming releases on the horizon, which means I will somehow have to make room with the practically non-existant shelf space I got left (tv series will likely end someplace else in the living room). Another reason why I have to be very picky when deciding which editions to buy.

Cheers

Collection1.jpg

Collection2.jpg

Collection3.jpg

And just so I can make the man who has everything @Masterblaster a little jealous, here are my magnificent six presented in all their glory 😁

Custom1.jpg

Custom2.jpg

Very nice and simple, I congratulate you on not catching the steelbook bug, it does seem to be very contagious for most of us! :)

• Like 6

vor 2 Stunden schrieb R1s1ngs0n:

Cheers

Collection1.jpg

Collection2.jpg

Collection3.jpg

Custom1.jpg

Custom2.jpg

It speaks volumes when a movie like the Irishman might be the "weakest" movie in a collection.

Congrats to that exquisite selection, Eli

Very Very Nice GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Nice collection you got there @R1s1ngs0n!

He doesn't need any Nils @extantsrevenge. They are his preciouses

yas omg GIF by O&O, Inc

Edited by Squeegie McGee
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Esta es toda mi colección de películas a partir de hoy. Como puede ver, es una colección muy modesta para los estándares de MP, pero de la que estoy orgulloso y bastante satisfecho.

Cada edición Premium ha sido abierta, acariciada y mimada, siendo Blade Runner UC y Manta las únicas dobles.

Tengo algunos próximos lanzamientos en el horizonte, lo que significa que de alguna manera tendré que hacer espacio con el espacio de estantería prácticamente inexistente que me queda (la serie de televisión probablemente terminará en otro lugar de la sala de estar). Otra razón por la que tengo que ser muy exigente a la hora de decidir qué ediciones comprar.

Salud

Colección1.jpg

Colección2.jpg

Colección3.jpg

Y solo para poder hacer al hombre que lo tiene todo @Masterblaster un poco celoso, aquí están mis seis magníficos presentados en todo su esplendor  😁

Personalizado1.jpg

Personalizado2.jpg

A collection worth seeing.👏

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

And those Bond steels.

Scarlett Johansson Reaction GIF

😍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Thank Nils. I understand why collectors use protective covers but personally I don't have use for them, plus they lessen the aesthetic appeal of the editions. The only exception are my UC wooden editions which stay protected in their boxes.

Every couple of months I inspect my editions for creases, scratches, dings, etc. and so far they are all mint, just like the day I received them (minus the shrink wrap).

Treat your Premiums like you would treat your better half and you'll be fine 😀

lyqa-team-lyqa.gif

I understand you. Just a couple of years ago I was doing the same.

I have always taken great care of my editions, and I have had them unsealed and without protective covers. I like to touch them, smell them, be able to open them carefully once in a while. Even if it's only the first. And I checked them and moved them if necessary so that they were preserved as well as possible.

But something changed.

A couple of years ago I realized that the oldest collector's editions, even on DVD, I'm talking about full slip limited editions..., were beginning to suffer something: the cardboard from which they are made is aging.

It's well preserved, because I care it a lot, but we're talking about 20 years now, and you notice that the inner edges where there's no serigraphy... are starting to turn yellow. Starting. That some corners start to open up a bit, just a little bit, but yes, a little bit. And that some even begin to lose intensity in the exterior color.

Without any external damage. 

20 years is a long time.

And since I'm not sure that this can't happen to the collector's editions that now are so difficult for us to obtain, and in which we put so much enthusiasm... and money, I began to put everything that was important in protective covers, in case I had some cover of its size.

The problem it's the time. No one thought when it was produced about how it could be in few decades.

And yes, cardboard can age itself.

This is not a recommendation, it's just an experience, in case it's useful to you at some point. ;)  

And yes, it's a really nice collection. Congratulations!

I like it. 😊

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 8:20 PM, Want3r88 said:

Nice collection! What version is that city of god!? 

So sorry, I didn't notice your post until now.

It's a limited Korean edition from King Media, released in 2018. 

15417444013492008.thumb.jpg.b211541d975a

It's long sold out but you can purchase the plain edition at Kimchidvd.

Australian boutique label Imprint Films will also release their own slipcase edition (no booklet or cards) this November. You can check it out here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
14 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Sad times...

Had to revert back to my strict rule of 'no double-dipping' and part with my 2001 WCL and BR Manta editions to make room for future purchases (namely, the upcoming Godfather 1&2 wooden boxes, which I hope I'll be able to secure). But even still, space is very quickly running out.

image.thumb.jpeg.8ef7bb37a29ba40b0cb8995bfb3a9b75.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1aa060b3cf024456b29b0dd6ce7276f1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.99e1fd623437f736698e596071963774.jpeg

You can always revert to the…

image.gif.e874a845e5470b534dc9e266d5da9e73.gif 

image.gif.831d1c6cdead51db6f9bb07b9a563a11.gif

• Haha 6

• ★ Administrators ★

Damn @R1s1ngs0n, that must have been a hard decision. The awesome 2001 WCL and that stunnig Manta BR 😪.

I'm sure you felt like this when parting with them

monkey-movies.gif

You could still place Editions before the other editions, like I do, no perfect but you can have double the items, or a the shelves not deep enough?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Damn @R1s1ngs0n, that must have been a hard decision. The awesome 2001 WCL and that stunnig Manta BR 😪.

I'm sure you felt like this when parting with them

monkey-movies.gif

Not as hard as you’d think. I didn’t lose any sleep over it since they went into good hands and at some point you need to be practical.

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

You could still place Editions before the other editions, like I do, no perfect but you can have double the items, or a the shelves not deep enough?

Not deep enough and even if they were, I’d be very reluctant applying this method.

I’ll figure something out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2023 at 10:54 AM, R1s1ngs0n said:

Not as hard as you’d think. I didn’t lose any sleep over it since they went into good hands and at some point you need to be practical.

Some people would tell you that this is the maturity of the collector. To be pragmatic.

Even so, from the point of view of someone who dreamt for a loooong time about that edition, I've realised that you speak with the same naturalness -and the same ease- with which someone can say: "I don't feel like going to dinner with Scarlett, I'd better stay at home watching the game today..." or "I'm not going to go with her to Bali, I've been with her enough times, there are more girls in the world and we have to be practical...".

And I think that's wonderful.

When I grow up I want to be like you.

To be at that level is the bomb.

hero-youremyhero.gif

• Like 5