IGNORED

What is your username & avatar all about ?

nefilim

12 hours ago, Circushooker said:

I have already had the name for several years. A friend came up with the idea. The username consists of two songs 1x Circus and Hook Up. He then came to the idea of combining both and then Circushooker came out. Since I came in to this group some mebers  wondered because of my name and I became curious so I gegoogled and found out what that means .... ahhhh I think I must change the name now that I know the meaning ^ ^ Sooooo Embarrassed 1f602.png

Hey @Masterblaster mystery solved ! LOL ?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SickSol is because back in my "fast and furious days" I used to modify imports and I drove a Honda del sol. It's been my Xbox name since I started on Xbox live (add me if you want to play) I've just never got rid of the name. Also I am a huge Halloween fan.

• Like 3

Awards

9 minutes ago, Sicksol said:

SickSol is because back in my "fast and furious days" I used to modify imports and I drove a Honda del sol. It's been my Xbox name since I started on Xbox live (add me if you want to play) I've just never got rid of the name. Also I am a huge Halloween fan.

?

Honda Del Sol

? x 10 !

@Scary Hair

• 1 month later...

I stick to the username PRIAPISM since I first heard it because it was the funniest thing during med school. I think @DodgyDave suffers under that condition, right? :)

There is no actor that defines a specific movie genre like Arnold Schwarzenegger does with action movies imo. I love the guy. If I were to list my top 10 action movies there would be at least 5 of his.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PRIAPISM said:

I stick to the username PRIAPISM since I first heard it because it was the funniest thing during med school. I think @DodgyDave suffers under that condition, right? :)

There is no actor that defines a specific movie genre like Arnold Schwarzenegger does with action movies imo. I love the guy. If I were to list my top 10 action movies there would be at least 5 of his.

Med school ? Should I call you doc ?

• Haha 1

My name was conceived as a kind-of broad branding that I could apply across different things I dabbled in. It started with design projects, so: .45 Design, then video shorts: .45 Productions, on-line: .45 Web, software: .45 Apps, etc. Eventually I just started using it as a handle in whatever form was allowed (.45, 45Caliber, dot45).

The avatar was the simple logo I made some 20-odd years ago. I do have a better one that my wife and I actually paid someone to make, but this one automatically gets pulled in from my Email account in some places (like here!). It's really just laziness that I haven't changed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

My name was conceived as a kind-of broad branding that I could apply across different things I dabbled in. It started with design projects, so: .45 Design, then video shorts: .45 Productions, on-line: .45 Web, software: .45 Apps, etc. Eventually I just started using it as a handle in whatever form was allowed (.45, 45Caliber, dot45).

The avatar was the simple logo I made some 20-odd years ago. I do have a better one that my wife and I actually paid someone to make, but this one automatically gets pulled in from my Email account in some places (like here!). It's really just laziness that I haven't changed it.

...been wanting to asking this all along. Bare with me, I know this is stupid. But : are you loaded ??? Get it ??? Wink Wink ??? [lame...I know...sigh...]

I'll get me coat...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

...you work for living something IT ?

1 hour ago, nefilim said:

are you loaded ??? 

Not at the moment, but when I am I usually fire blanks **rimshot**

1 hour ago, nefilim said:

...you work for living something IT ?

Sort of. I used to work in database operations for internet companies. The last 3 yrs I've just been a stay-home-dad while my wife brings home the bacon, which is why I have to budget out my SB buys! The branding was more for fun, personal projects.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
13 hours ago, PRIAPISM said:

Yes. Not so much an affliction as a permanent problem.

I was thinking of having "Errol Flynn" as my username. Or "Big John Holmes"  ?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, stealthrat said:

My username and avatar come from a nickname given to me while in the military.  I had a knack showing up and surprising people.

The avatar itself is stolen from a team logo I found, but I couldn't even determine what activity the team competes in...

I can hear @Masterblaster clapping his hands while adjusting his night vision goggles.

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★
19 minutes ago, stealthrat said:

My username and avatar come from a nickname given to me while in the military.  I had a knack showing up and surprising people.

The avatar itself is stolen from a team logo I found, but I couldn't even determine what activity the team competes in...

ok i get the stealth part of it but why rat ? Hope it has nothing to do with what it stands for in the normal population ? LOL

Thanks for sharing ... which branch did you serve in ? just curious ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Masterblaster said:

ok i get the stealth part of it but why rat ? Hope it has nothing to do with what it stands for in the normal population ? LOL

Thanks for sharing ... which branch did you serve in ? just curious ...

I was in the army for more than 17 years.

• Like 2