IGNORED

What is your username & avatar all about ?

nefilim

7 hours ago, wmcguire18 said:

I was the 18th person to choose wmcguire as his gmail handle, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is one of the greatest movies ever made. 

coffee.gif Good day and welcome @wmcguire18, I also enjoy TGTBATU! :)

giphy.gif 

My favorite of Clints' is these 2, The Outlaw Josey Wales and Hang 'Em High!! borat.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

Veum bullwhip.gif

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 66 years old and introduced to steel books a few months ago.. I WATCH NO T.V. only movies..  No net flicks for me.. These steel books are like jewels to me..Collecting full slips and WEA.. Mostly Manta Lab.. No avatar yet, real name, will change soon.. My personal world is small, finite, but with the internet, infinite.. Thank you.. Rob

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Robert Kuras said:

I am 66 years old and introduced to steel books a few months ago.. I WATCH NO T.V. only movies..  No net flicks for me.. These steel books are like jewels to me..Collecting full slips and WEA.. Mostly Manta Lab.. No avatar yet, real name, will change soon.. My personal world is small, finite, but with the internet, infinite.. Thank you.. Rob

Whoa hi @Robert Kuras, a person near my age, so we have that in common! :P

giphy-downsized.gif&key=340e0362fe5ea85a

Us oldsters need to stick together around these young whipper-snappers!! xD

giphy.gif

Wow, just introduced to steels... watch your wallet and have fun here on MP, there are some tremendous peeps here!!! :D

giphy.gif

I love tv/films/music alot... see*sig❣️

If you ever have any questions and I can help just tag me @Veum or tag some great leaders here!

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

This is long overdue seeing as i first created my profile back in March 2018 but didnt get into collecting heavily until the past few months. My username is simply what they call the group of people that were born in the town I was born in, in mexico kinda how they would call somebody from california a californian and the 253 represents area code i live in now.

My Avatar if you don't know is of Red Hood a batman villian. I chose it for two reasons becasue Red Hood is my favorie batman villian and because Jason Todd (true identity) was my favorite character who played Robin.

• Like 5

Well I wanted to put another username than my name but its look a lot cleaner with my name! 

And for my username well, Luke Glanton (Ryan Gosling) from "Place Beyond the Pines" counting his $$$. I love this movie and I really enjoy this pic :)

• Like 6

Awards

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Am 23.7.2019 um 22:40 schrieb Robert Kuras:

Welcome to the club of the 60s

I will be on 6.12. sixty

• Like 4

To explain my name, I have to take you back to the nineties.

I absolutely loved a band from San Francisco, called The Demonics.

In the summer of 1997 I was on a holiday trip with a friend of mine,  throughout the southwest of the United States.

When we came to San Francisco, I went to every little record shop I could find, in hope of finding a rare single that I did not have yet. I was successful, by the way. In the last shop I went in, the nice young punk girl behind the counter told me that the band would be playing that same night. Needless to say that I was thrilled to the max. They had never played in Europe by then, I think not even outside of California.

So that night we went to the club they were playing in, a fantastic joint called The Paradise Lounge. What can I tell you, I was in heaven. One of the best shows of my life. My buddy saw me going crazy during the gig, and called me Dr. Demonic. My avatar fits the name.

:P

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Awards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone I’m brian40 easy to remember because it’s my name and last name in Spanish. It’s a super old last name that I am proud of. We have had it traced back to the 15 century to Spain. I. Have been collecting since 1998 around when dvds just came out or when they were more affordable.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody.

My username was an impulsive choice when I was younger, in the first times of Internet around us. Then, over time, when one begins to work and is a professional, I found it fun to add the "Co", and I began to be "Casiusco".

The avatar belongs to one of my favorite movies, Wim Wenders "Paris Texas". Travis is a stubborn character, but fragile at the same time, determined to continue his path, although deep down he doesn't know what it is. Someone able to escape while returning. Hiding some secret wisdom behind some old wounds.

But, in addition, it’s the image of a character whose walking in Texas shows very well what is purchasing cinema in physical format today. Without knowing where you are going, unable to stop, not wanting to stop, with everything ahead, and no matter what people say. 

I love my personal collection. More than twenty years adding good times. I am not able to talk about her without smiling. And that must be good, right?

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Well, I've been around the web for a bit with this username so it just stuck.

I chose it, as at the time of first use, I was in the midst of reading Matt Wagner's comics of "Grendel".

Though I truly loved the Hunter Rose character, when I came across Grendel Prime in the "War Child" series, I was hooked.  🤗

In addition, I'm a huge fan of Beowulf ( the story, got a rather rare HC ed as well) and the Grendel character spoke to me loud enough to pay attention.  🤗

Now, my Avatar is unrelated (obviously) but it puts picture to mind-set, as The Exorcist is my fave film and this is after all, a film related Forum, heh.  🤗

Hmm, a 60's Club eh?

Might need to check that out, heh.  😉

Cheers my friends...🙂

• Like 5

right as ive been here a fair old while now and have now just only noticed this thread xD

suppose its time to share :D 

basically i have been using basil or basilbrushboomboom over forum boards for the last 18 odd years and funnily enough @Scary Hair has known me alot longer than i care to admit of those years. she is my great friend.

right basically basil brush is my avatar and he is a childrens character from an original series back in the 70s and 80s they did rebooted version later which was a pile of rubbish.

but the orginal basil was a joker, a charmer, always upon always talking tongue in cheek but above all kind. i like to think i have some of those qualitys and this was my favourite tv show as a child and did i laugh.

his catch phrase after every joke was BOOM BOOM.

so there you have it, thats who i am:D

below is the orginal show have a watch, also may famous stars queued up to come on over the years :D

all the best

basil B|

Edited by Basil
  • Like 5