IGNORED

What is your username & avatar all about ?

nefilim

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@stanleydobson That's where your name is from? I love that movie, as it is a hacker movie (and therefore touches my field of profession), and as I love all of the leading actors, but I actually never realized that you are refering to that movie, because he's not called Dobson, but Jobson. ?

(I was actually even googeling Prof. Dobson, because I was wondering who you where referring to, in that video you did, but could not find any matches ? )

Edited by pygospa
  • Like 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb pygospa:

@stanleydobson That's where your name is from? I love that movie, as it is a hacker movie (and therefore touches my field of profession), and as I love all of the leading actors, but I actually never realized that you are refering to that movie, because he's not called Dobson, but Jobson. 1f605.png

(I was actually even googeling Prof. Dobson, because I was wondering who you where referring to, in that video you did, but could not find any matches 1f602.png )

Yes you are right but on the blu ray back it is written stanley dobson, so i took this since this moment...?

20180610_205337.jpg

Edited by stanleydobson
  • Like 1

Awards

@stanleydobson Oh my god. You are right! I just fished out my old DVD, and even there they did it worng! ? "Deutsche Wertarbeit" at it's best. I still just have that movie on DVD because 1. I really love the old Snap cases (I'd so love seing those come to blu-ray one day) and 2. there is no nicer blu-ray package then amaray (or is there?). One of the few DVD releases I will keep in my collection. (unfortunately I broke the star that holds the disc :( I'm sooo angry with myself!)

IMAGE 2018-06-10 21:00:07.jpg

IMAGE 2018-06-10 21:00:10.jpg

• Like 1

My nickname is some 25 years old when I was a big fan the Scottish band Marillion. I was listening all day long the album The Thieving Magpie and when I needed a nickname I picked magpie.

My avatar shows magpie (Margaret Pye), a villainess from DC Comics.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been meaning to post here for a while.

My username is a combination of a couple things. HappyDude is an infamous scene from a Simpsons episode back in the classic hilarious days where Homer created a voice recording message that said HappyDude.  007 is obviously a reference to Ian Flemings Jame Bond books that I grew up with a young kid, watching them with my late Dad.

Sometimes I can complain and come across grumpy so that bring some hilarious laughs to twist to my name.

As for Avatar, I had hard time choosing as there are SO MANY favorite movie characters, comics, and interests. But I chose Batman as he is one of my favorite characters of all time and I have sculptures and paintings in my house (Metal Gear's Solid Snake is a close second).

PS - If someone is using this avatar, I can certainly look for another one! 

Edited by HappyDude007
  • Like 5

Awards

• 1 month later...
Am 25.4.2017 um 18:45 schrieb ukade2327:

Hi , gang ...well the UK bit Is  pretty obvious it just let's people know my location straight away ...not sure if that's good or bad.....Ade well that's short for Adrian ....the numbers are dates .....why dead pool .....hell ...why not ..the coolest film character yet IMO.....:)

Ade is a farewell greeting in southern Germany   :D;)

Hi 

my name is Linda, but I love cats everywhere. No matter if a dormestic cat or a tiger ....... =  catgirl.

To my avatar, I'm a huge fan of Harrison Ford and love all of his movies     :x   . But most of all: Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Blade Runner.  

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

My name here is also my gamer tag. D for Darren.....my real name. Shot.....well that’s fairly straight forward, and the 4Twenty is because I’m a medical marijuana supporter. My avatar is the dudes bowling ball from the big lebowski because I just love that movie and am fairly similar to the dude himself 🤪

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am the founding member of the band, HELLWITCH (FL-USA). I'm lead guitar/lead vocals. I started the band in 1984. My avatar is a flier for a show we recently played in Bangkok. I figured this was an easy member ID to use and it might also help spread the music a bit. ;)  I have over 12,000 concert videos (I've filmed over 500 bands). I have around 6,000 movies. (5,000 +/- DVDs/350+ Laserdiscs/200+ betamax tapes/300+ VHS tapes). I have collected some exclusive steelbook packaging, but mostly I love BIG boxes with statues, figures, #'d collectibles, etc. I do not own tons of such "boxes", but I have a cool little collection of them.  You know, if it's a movie you really worship, THEN you get the "big box" version! haha~~! Oh, speaking of witch, I also have a few "big box" VHS tapes! There ya go....

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

My brother and I have had connected usernames for years.  I have always been Olaf Berserker and He has always been Steve Dave.  This comes from our obvious love of Kevin Smith and lack of originaltiy. It has just kind of Stuck.  My name comes from Clerks, Olaf is Silent Bob's cousin from Russia. The fella pictured for my avatar is John Henry Westhead, the actor who plays Olaf in Clerks. sings "Berserker".  37 comes from another famous line in the movie. Since me and the brother are giant fanboys and speak mostly in Clerks quotes with each other it seemed like the best choice. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

The origins of my username goes back to my high school years. First the “E” stands for Edward which is my birth name. “Rock” comes from my admiration for The Rock, some of you may only know him as Dwayne Johnson. My two best friends both take credit for dawning me with the name. As they tell it while on the school bus going home they was naming off reasons why I was a good match for a girl I was courting and the name just slipped out......E Rock!!!

All our friends agreed that the name was prefect considering how I carried myself at the time & thus E Rock was born. I eventually evolved into Hollywood E Rock because of my love for movies. I talked about movies and Hollywood so much my friends naturally added it to my name. Years past and it’s still one of many names used for me by my peers. My avatar (which I’ll probably change over time) symbolizes my interest in space.

• Like 6

My username Veum derives from Varg Veum a central character in a series of crime novels (20) by Gunner Staalesen from Norway.  Veum is a hard-working, hard-drinking private detective, a former Child Welfare worker and a somewhat alcoholic divorced father of one son, who practices in Bergen, Norway. I absolutely love that the premise of the novels have been turned into a fantastic DVD series! My avatar is a pic of Josey Wales one of my fav movies of all-time! 🤠

Varg%20Veum%20Collection%207036988041318

Veum :bullwhip:

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 7:03 AM, Dogpaw004 said:

My name Dogpaw004 is a mixture of my dogs paw tattooed on my calf combined with my love of Bond (007) with my old hockey number 4

Another 007 joining the party...smashing!

Please check the Quiz, games & challenges section for regular quizzes revolving around our beloved secret agent.

cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...