IGNORED

The MCU

psychoscot

On 11/19/2021 at 12:55 PM, Pbsw23 said:

Thrilled to see things moving a step closer to normal. Back to the cinema this week & have now seen Shang Chi & Eternals in a week. I’m all caught up again. 😁👍🏼

I don’t want to put spoilers on here, but ready to discuss my thoughts on these latest instalments.

What did you think? Pleased? Excited? Or just meh?

I somehow missed this - sorry! We might be past the point of having some good discussion but...

I loved Shang-Chi. I really enjoyed the choreography and I was really able to identify with his real life struggles, ha.

I enjoyed Eternals more than I thought I would. It was a big ask to introduce a more casual audience to a slew of new characters in one film, but I thought it did a decent job of that. Not quite as good as Guardians in that regard, but good when considering the resources they were given.

Anyone have any thoughts on No Way Home? Excited for Multiverse?

• Like 1

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m really looking forward when I can watch Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness! :)

“Doctor Strange,” the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place—a mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj. He quickly learns that this is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange—armed with newly acquired magical powers—is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.

&

Spider-Man: No Way Home 4K

(2021) 

With Spider-Man's identity now revealed, Peter asks Doctor Strange for help. When a spell goes wrong, dangerous foes from other worlds start to appear, forcing Peter to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man.

https://youtu.be/6ydoiA4gXwo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Veum said:

I’m really looking forward when I can watch Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness! :)

“Doctor Strange,” the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place—a mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj. He quickly learns that this is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange—armed with newly acquired magical powers—is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.

&

Spider-Man: No Way Home 4K

(2021) 

With Spider-Man's identity now revealed, Peter asks Doctor Strange for help. When a spell goes wrong, dangerous foes from other worlds start to appear, forcing Peter to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man.

https://youtu.be/6ydoiA4gXwo

I'm getting more excited for it. The first film isn't one of my favorites but he is definitely growing on me.

The tease of a "What If?" character is VERY exciting. I'm definitely looking forward to it and I hope we get to see some really interesting cameos 👍

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Veum said:

Someone’s Marvel Universe wall 😳 

image.thumb.png.64113839a0d13cab0be7db63f56f07cf.png

That's an expensive, yet very impressive collection right there. I have one Hot Toy and one Funko pop. That's it 😂

7 minutes ago, Veum said:

image.png.cb9a50d34a5a3a4e6971d13582efb3be.png

That's one of my favorite images and why I love the Kimchi steelbook so much.

11 minutes ago, Veum said:

image.thumb.png.b81df64674b077974f9712dd33ef0492.png

Morbius was delayed again - to April I believe. I can't say I'm excited for that one as I'm not really a Jared Leto fan. I'm really looking forward to the rest though!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@GuyIncognit0 have you heard who is in Morbius… but it hasn’t been announced who he is playing? Micheal Keaton! It is being rumoured that he will play his role as the Vulture 🤭 Therefore aligning Venom/Morbius to the MCU timelines and paving the way for Tom Holland to continue his role in the SonyVerse.

Just rumours mind you, nothing concrete. 🤞🏼

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

@GuyIncognit0 have you heard who is in Morbius… but it hasn’t been announced who he is playing? Micheal Keaton! It is being rumoured that he will play his role as the Vulture 🤭 Therefore aligning Venom/Morbius to the MCU timelines and paving the way for Tom Holland to continue his role in the SonyVerse.

Jeremy Renner Endgame GIF

I had not heard that rumor! That piques my interest a little bit for sure.

The trailer is not really helping. "Some kind of bat radar" Really? A doctor doesn't know about sonar? And then there's the aforementioned dislike of Leto. I will probably wind up watching it, but it's near the bottom of my list of anticipated releases.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 8:41 AM, Veum said:

image.thumb.png.b81df64674b077974f9712dd33ef0492.png

On 1/29/2022 at 2:46 PM, Pbsw23 said:

On 1/29/2022 at 7:18 PM, GuyIncognit0 said:

Jeremy Renner Endgame GIF

I had not heard that rumor! That piques my interest a little bit for sure.

The trailer is not really helping. "Some kind of bat radar" Really? A doctor doesn't know about sonar? And then there's the aforementioned dislike of Leto. I will probably wind up watching it, but it's near the bottom of my list of anticipated releases.

On 1/31/2022 at 7:28 AM, Veum said:

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing MORIBUS… hopefully I’ll enjoy it as much as my VENOM 💕

Very tentative on Morbius...I agree with @GuyIncognit0 - that bat radar line is cringe-worthy. It takes all the momentum out of the trailer. Just screams of a producer sitting in the editing bay saying "Hey, you know 'echolocation' has a lot of syllables...". My biggest complaint of Sony hero movies is they don't trust their audience; they constantly use dialogue to clumisily explain what is going on on-screen rather than letting the audience make their own connections and inferences. Drives me crazy. I dont have much faith in what they will do with Spider-Man and knowing that "No Way Home" was Marvel saying goodbye to him made it hit harder than it already did.

The next three I am completely on-board for; can't wait.

With the next Black Panther - have they annouced who is taking over for Chadwick Boseman yet?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, notdan said:

Very tentative on Morbius...I agree with @GuyIncognit0 - that bat radar line is cringe-worthy. It takes all the momentum out of the trailer. Just screams of a producer sitting in the editing bay saying "Hey, you know 'echolocation' has a lot of syllables...". My biggest complaint of Sony hero movies is they don't trust their audience; they constantly use dialogue to clumisily explain what is going on on-screen rather than letting the audience make their own connections and inferences. Drives me crazy. I dont have much faith in what they will do with Spider-Man and knowing that "No Way Home" was Marvel saying goodbye to him made it hit harder than it already did.

The next three I am completely on-board for; can't wait.

With the next Black Panther - have they annouced who is taking over for Chadwick Boseman yet?

Initially, they weren't going to recast black panther and give him a proper sendoff... now there's demand from fans to recast the character.

For me, I can't wait for Thor Love and Thunder, Dr. Strange 2 and Guardians of the galaxy 3

• Like 3

On 1/30/2022 at 11:01 PM, Squeegie McGee said:

@GuyIncognit0  @Pbsw23

It was the very first teaser he was in

oh damn, you're right. I never saw that trailer. See, now why didn't they stick with "echolocation" in the next trailer.

I'm actually a little interested now; there are quite a few good actors in this thing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 4:20 PM, notdan said:

I could be wrong, but I was fairly certain that it will be Shuri taking over the mantle mate.

Perfect for Disney really.

Personally I’d like to see M’Baku take the role, but following the huge success of the first film I don’t think he’s as likely to put bums on seats as a Female Black Panther.

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2

‘Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings’ Receives Oscar Nomination for Visual Effects 

shang-chi and the legend of the ten rings

The 94th Academy Award nominations were announced early this morning, and one of Marvel’s latest Super Heroes was included in the prestige rollout! For the 2022 Oscars, Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings received a nomination for Best Visual effects, honoring those who worked behind-the-scenes on the film, Christopher Townsend, Joe Farrell, Sean Noel Walker, and Dan Oliver.

The Academy Awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, March 27, and will air live at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on ABC.

shang-chi and the legend of the ten rings

Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings follows Shang-Chi, who must confront the past he thought he left behind when he is drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization. The film also stars Tony Leung as Wenwu, Awkwafina as Shang-Chi’s friend Katy and Michelle Yeoh as Ying Nan, as well as Fala Chen, Meng’er Zhang, Florian Munteanu, and Ronny Chieng. 

Shang-Chi’s journey is told with stunning visuals, the MCU’s signature spectacle, and displays of mind-blowing action, along with the talents of a diverse, stellar cast and a relatable story. The film is directed by Destin Daniel Cretton and produced by Kevin Feige and Jonathan Schwartz, with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso and Charles Newirth serving as executive producers. David Callaham & Destin Daniel Cretton & Andrew Lanham wrote the screenplay for the film.

• Like 2

image.thumb.jpeg.9c5fe540c90d39bc1a2d7b3ba74dac03.jpeg

MORBIUS

|  

ACTION

SUPERHERO

SCI-FI

One of the most compelling and conflicted characters in Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters comes to the big screen as Oscar® winner Jared Leto transforms into the enigmatic antihero Michael Morbius. Dangerously ill with a rare blood disorder and determined to save others suffering his same fate, Dr. Morbius attempts a desperate gamble. While at first it seems to be a radical success, a darkness inside him is unleashed. Will good override evil – or will Morbius succumb to his mysterious new urges?

DIRECTED BY

Daniel Espinosa

SCREEN STORY AND SCREENPLAY BY

Matt Sazama & Burk Sharpless

Based on the Marvel Comics

PRODUCED BY

Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Lucas Foster

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS

Louise Rosner, Emma Ludbrook

CAST

Jared Leto, Matt Smith, Adria Arjona, Jared Harris, Al Madrigal, with Tyrese Gibson

For rating reasons: FILMRATINGS.COM, MPA

"Academy Award®" and/or "Oscar®" is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

MARVEL and all related character names: © & ™ 2022 MARVEL

• Like 1

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy