psychoscot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shang-Chi Blu-Ray release date predictions

Mulan and Black Widow are two of Disney’s biggest releases in the last two years. Both of them went to Disney+ via Premier Access at the same time as the theatrical releases, which may have affected the Blu-Ray release dates. They were on the shorter timeframe compared to other releases.

It took about two months for the two movies to head from theatres to Blu-Ray. If we’re going by these for Shang-Chi on Blu-Ray, we’re looking at around the start to the middle of November 2021 as a release date. Mulan got a Sept. 4, 2020 Premier Access release date and then came to Blu-Ray on Nov. 10, 2020. With that in mind, we could see Shang-Chi on Blu-Ray and DVD on Tuesday, Nov. 9.

• Thanks 1

Just call him Wokerine: New executive of Marvel universe says studio could drop the 'Men' from 'X-Men' over concerns the title is not 'inclusive'

• Marvel Studios’ new 'woke' president Victoria Alonso is considering dropping the 'Men' from 'X-Men' to make the brand more inclusive  
  • Alonso, who four days ago was promoted to president of Physical Production, 'hinted that internal thinking is that the name ‘X-Men’ isn’t sufficiently inclusive' 
  • Marvel has been working to streamline their films with the comic book source materials, which have become progressively more 'woke' in recent years 
  • The newly-minted president also has been behind an effort to turn perpetual Marvel villain Loki 'into a gender fluid' character 
  • Disney bought the rights to X-Men last year, and ever since Marvel Studios has been trying to integrate X-Men characters into the Marvel Cinematic Universe 
  • Marvel has already been playing around with new names for X-Men, with the studio currently developing a X-Men based film tentatively titled 'The Mutants' 
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Just call him Wokerine: New executive of Marvel universe says studio could drop the 'Men' from 'X-Men' over concerns the title is not 'inclusive'

• Marvel Studios’ new 'woke' president Victoria Alonso is considering dropping the 'Men' from 'X-Men' to make the brand more inclusive  
  • Alonso, who four days ago was promoted to president of Physical Production, 'hinted that internal thinking is that the name ‘X-Men’ isn’t sufficiently inclusive' 
  • Marvel has been working to streamline their films with the comic book source materials, which have become progressively more 'woke' in recent years 
  • The newly-minted president also has been behind an effort to turn perpetual Marvel villain Loki 'into a gender fluid' character 
  • Disney bought the rights to X-Men last year, and ever since Marvel Studios has been trying to integrate X-Men characters into the Marvel Cinematic Universe 
  • Marvel has already been playing around with new names for X-Men, with the studio currently developing a X-Men based film tentatively titled 'The Mutants' 

image.gif.513af218110d34f0ef5a5dfaee9f0fc4.gif  tenor.gif image.gif.1476baf28930fac1a97efc2e5f052f93.gif

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Veum it’s a tough one. I’m still undecided if this is progress, or political correctness losing the plot? 🤷🏼‍♂️

That’s why I posted it. Keen to see what others think about it.

@Pbsw23 if they continue with this type of practice I’m going to be out of it pronto 😠 

• Like 3

Just now, Veum said:

@Pbsw23 if they continue with this type of practice I’m going to be out of it pronto 😠 

I hear ya. Having grown up with it, I don’t see the issue and would rather they didn’t meddle with it. I equally appreciate that the world is changing and that we all have to readdress some of our behaviours if we are to be truly inclusive.

That said, the X-Men has millions of female fans, due of course to the many female characters. So does changing it now actually add any benefit other than to pander to the (IMO) too easily offended virtue signallers out there?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I picked up a few comics the other day and the owner was talking about this. I thought he was joking...

45 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I hear ya. Having grown up with it, I don’t see the issue and would rather they didn’t meddle with it. I equally appreciate that the world is changing and that we all have to readdress some of our behaviours if we are to be truly inclusive.

That said, the X-Men has millions of female fans, due of course to the many female characters. So does changing it now actually add any benefit other than to pander to the (IMO) too easily offended virtue signallers out there?

I don't think it does add any benefit. In fact, to me it only reads as pandering. A perfect example is the all-female scene in the final battle of Endgame. It completely took me out of the moment and even my sister, a staunch feminist, rolled her eyes. Disney in particular has been horrible at it.

I'm generally not a fan of changing existing fictional characters and would greatly prefer the creation of new characters/franchises, especially if they were created with strong involvement from members of the population they are now trying to include. It makes things so much more authentic and driven by the heart. And you KNOW that will reflect in the story. Let's devote our time and energy towards this approach instead. That's the kind of thing that really excites me about the future.

Going back to X-Men...what are the options, really? X-people is just stupid. I think X-Force has already been sent down a different path b/c of Deadpool. "The Mutants" doesn't work for me because, while the X-men are mutants, not all mutants are X-men.

I'm also always hesitant at the true intentions of such moves when a corporation is at the heart of it.

Just my opinion of course.

Edited by GuyIncognit0
wording
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love hearing your views @GuyIncognit0 👍🏼

It’s hard to disagree with anything you just said, and I completely agree about the scene in End Game. Frankly speaking, it was laughable. In the middle of a massive battle, all of the female characters just happened to find themselves side by side without a male in sight. 😂 Good one Disney.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Love hearing your views @GuyIncognit0 👍🏼

It’s hard to disagree with anything you just said, and I completely agree about the scene in End Game. Frankly speaking, it was laughable. In the middle of a massive battle, all of the female characters just happened to find themselves side by side without a male in sight. 😂 Good one Disney.

Not only was there not a male in sight, but they assembled to "help" Captain Marvel! The same person who has already been shown to be so powerful as to not really need much of it! My eyes almost fell out of my head...so, so stupid!

Anyway, you know what worked REALLY well? Into the Spider-verse. That was a beautiful introduction to (for those who don't read comics) additional, diverse characters to an established superhero story without revising/erasing an existing character. I can't and won't ever stop gushing about that film.

Spider-Man Movie GIF by Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

Thanks for bringing this up @Pbsw23; I love conversations like this. Additionally, it would be great to hear others' thoughts, especially a female perspective.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Not only was there not a male in sight, but they assembled to "help" Captain Marvel! The same person who has already been shown to be so powerful as to not really need much of it! My eyes almost fell out of my head...so, so stupid!

Anyway, you know what worked REALLY well? Into the Spider-verse. That was a beautiful introduction to (for those who don't read comics) additional, diverse characters to an established superhero story without revising/erasing an existing character. I can't and won't ever stop gushing about that film.

Spider-Man Movie GIF by Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

Thanks for bringing this up @Pbsw23; I love conversations like this. Additionally, it would be great to hear others' thoughts, especially a female perspective.

I could never fathom that if Capt. Marvel can fly through space ships, why couldn’t she simply rip Thanos’ arm off with ease?! 🤔😁 Ive not been overly keen on her character yet, purely that no one can (or would be able to) match her. The whole flying through spaceship thing irritates me if I am honest.

And Yes! Into the Spider-Verse is blindingly good. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if that got a sequel at some point.

Yeah I am hoping over time that more Marvel Heads will find their way in here. I’ll simply keep posting the headlines in here and will always be waiting for a chat. 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler
48 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I could never fathom that if Capt. Marvel can fly through space ships, why couldn’t she simply rip Thanos’ arm off with ease?! 🤔😁 Ive not been overly keen on her character yet, purely that no one can (or would be able to) match her. The whole flying through spaceship thing irritates me if I am honest.

And Yes! Into the Spider-Verse is blindingly good. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if that got a sequel at some point.

Yeah I am hoping over time that more Marvel Heads will find their way in here. I’ll simply keep posting the headlines in here and will always be waiting for a chat. 👍🏼

It’s based on the comics 😛 logic be damned 😂 

Spider Man Lol GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

My first knee jerk reaction to this title is

Angry Face Palm GIF by Amazon Prime Video  

3 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

But I do understand why behind the scenes creatives & executives would be having discussions on this topic. I also believe that changing the title on the Team doesn’t matter as much as the stories they tell. If you change the name but fail to tell good stories that show every characters uniqueness (like the comics & cartoons did) your intentions of showing inclusion will fail.

The biggest problem I have with them even considering the change is it shows to me a lack of understanding. X-Men was already “woke” because the original creators of the comics are, was ‘WOKE”.

X-Men are probably the safest superheroes to put on screen during these times because of how their stories mirrored real life situations. All Marvel Studios have to do is not do what FOX did with the characters & make everything about Wolverine.

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Looks as though the early reactions to The Eternals are positive. That's really exciting!

Count me as one of the people skeptical that the MCU would continue to succeed following the Infinity Saga. While there were lesser known characters brought into the main stream during the initial saga, I find Shang-Chi and The Eternals to be even more obscure. I thought it necessary for them to be positively received in order for this next saga to take off. Thankfully, things are looking good right now.

I'm getting more and more excited for what's to come!

Excited Elizabeth Olsen GIF by Disney+

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Looks as though the early reactions to The Eternals are positive. That's really exciting!

Count me as one of the people skeptical that the MCU would continue to succeed following the Infinity Saga. While there were lesser known characters brought into the main stream during the initial saga, I find Shang-Chi and The Eternals to be even more obscure. I thought it necessary for them to be positively received in order for this next saga to take off. Thankfully, things are looking good right now.

I'm getting more and more excited for what's to come!

Excited Elizabeth Olsen GIF by Disney+

Mate, I am sooooo excited for The Eternals! It’s going to be Epic and it’s just the beginning! 😍😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

For all those Marvel Heads with deep deeeeeeep pockets….

https://queenstudios.shop/collections/marvel-collectibles

Those are beautiful. The 1:1 full Iron Man statues are particularly choice.

That's a completely different level though.  My wife already wants to kill me over 1 or 2 hot toys 🤣

Trouble Oops GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

• Haha 1

Just came across an interesting tidbit on Reddit this morning. This may be old news, but it is certainly new to me.

There's a quote from Whedon explaining that there was a period before The Avengers where it seemed as though Scarlet Johansson would not be able to play the role of Black Widow due to scheduling conflicts. It's unclear to me if it was just for The Avengers or altogether. Anyway, The Avengers script was modified to instead include The Wasp and she ultimately would have been THE character in the film. On top of that, she was written to be the funniest character and Whedon wanted to cast Zooey Deschanel for the role.

This was ultimately scrapped once Johansson worked out the issues with her schedule, but it definitely presents an intriguing alternate universe. They should do a "What if?" about it 😉

I'm curious to hear thoughts on this.

come here zooey deschanel GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Just came across an interesting tidbit on Reddit this morning. This may be old news, but it is certainly new to me.

There's a quote from Whedon explaining that there was a period before The Avengers where it seemed as though Scarlet Johansson would not be able to play the role of Black Widow due to scheduling conflicts. It's unclear to me if it was just for The Avengers or altogether. Anyway, The Avengers script was modified to instead include The Wasp and she ultimately would have been THE character in the film. On top of that, she was written to be the funniest character and Whedon wanted to cast Zooey Deschanel for the role.

This was ultimately scrapped once Johansson worked out the issues with her schedule, but it definitely presents an intriguing alternate universe. They should do a "What if?" about it 😉

I'm curious to hear thoughts on this.

come here zooey deschanel GIF

Wow. It’s all too easy to say it wouldn’t have worked and that they ultimately made the right decision (I am sure they did). But yeah… What If indeed! 

Wasp certainly played a prominent role in The Avengers in the comics. Not sure about the comedic side though. This “What If” version of events all sounds a bit too close to ‘Buffy’ if you ask me, and a good job that Scarlett made those changes.

• Like 1

🥤I’m so looking forward to the next installment of my fav MCU film 🎥 

image.jpeg.85f18247013e0a8e0c4dc8beadf2db8b.jpeg

image.jpeg.064be6000b0807285b6af581abe5b0ca.jpeg

Marvel Studios' DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen. Directed by Sam Raimi. In theaters March 25, 2022.

After the events of Avengers: Endgame, Dr. Stephen Strange continues his research on the Time Stone. But an old friend turned enemy seeks to destroy every sorcerer on Earth, messing with Strange's plan and also causing him to unleash an unspeakable evil.

• Thanks 3

Today (Published Oct 8th 2021) The Walt Disney Company announced an updated slate for a slew of upcoming movies, including those for Marvel Studios. While dates are changing, don’t worry — they’re all staying in this multiverse. 

As revealed in the announcement for the theatrical releases, viewers will head into the Multiverse of Madness a little bit later, in May 2022, with the fourth Thor movie moving to July, and the sequel to 2018’s groundbreaking Black Panther shifting to November to round out 2022. For 2023, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau, and Kamala Khan will take flight in February, and with Ant-Man and The Wasp’s latest big adventure arriving in July.

Find the newly released schedule below: 

Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

May 6, 2022

Thor: Love and Thunder

July 8, 2022

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

November 11, 2022

The Marvels

February 17, 2023

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

July 28, 2023

• Thanks 3

Am 26.9.2021 um 21:01 schrieb Pbsw23:

was.gif

Nein.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

The newly-minted president also has been behind an effort to turn perpetual Marvel villain Loki 'into a gender fluid' character 

What's the nonsense, should stick to the books / comics, they don't have all the slats on the fence anymore

Loki in the comics is already depicted as “gender fluid” so it’s honestly not to much of a stretch that he would be that way in the movies. Him being able to change from woman to man is apart of his powers so it’s not that unbelievable that he would identify as “gender fluid”.

As long as the stories he is apart of are interesting & worth watching then I can live with whatever. These characters never stay the same in the comics anyways. I’m fine with subtle character traits being alter but what is hard to live with is watching a trash movie. You can’t get that time back.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thrilled to see things moving a step closer to normal. Back to the cinema this week & have now seen Shang Chi & Eternals in a week. I’m all caught up again. 😁👍🏼

I don’t want to put spoilers on here, but ready to discuss my thoughts on these latest instalments.

What did you think? Pleased? Excited? Or just meh?

• Like 1

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy