IGNORED

The MCU

psychoscot

15 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Anymore views on Multiverse of Madness in here people? I’ve purposely held back my views on this one to see what others thought first. Went in excited, came out less than impressed. ☹️ 

Tried to put some thoughts together, but I haven't watched this one since my initial viewing in theaters. Multiverse of Madness, like Love & Thunder, is a movie that needed to slow down and let its scenes breathe more. From everything I've heard, I think I would have preferred Derrickson's version of Doctor Strange 2 with Nightmare.

Things I enjoyed:

Cumberbatch and Olsen. Fantastic performances.

More inventive uses of magic (though falling short of Infinity War, IMO).

Black Bolt! After the travesty that was Inhumans, getting Anson Mount back was a pleasant surprise.

Those death scenes.

Cloak of the Damned!

Cliffhanger ending.

Things I disliked:

Cliffhanger ending being ruined twenty seconds later.

Was there actual character development in this movie?

Why was this movie called Multiverse of Madness? We only really spent time in two or three.

Some cheesy dialogue.

616 Mordo being discarded and reduced to a throwaway line of dialogue.

• Like 4

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, deckard99 said:

Thor 4 was just too silly for me. Why does nearly every moment have to be a joke? Only exception was Bale who was excellent. I’m officially renaming this movie to Thor: Puns and Blunders 😑

This ended up being my feeling as well. They took simple jokes and then just ran them straight into the ground. I absolutely loved Gorr but just wish they let him cook as others have said. Unsure why they didn’t. Spider-Man and Shang and Loki are my phase 4 highlights so far. I was underwhelmed by Strange but once I got over my high expectations I actually really enjoyed it as a brisk movie with fully radical elements. 

I think Phase 4 is probably suffering from being planned out before the Fox purchase. They didn’t know they would get FF and X-Men, and had to plan as if they wouldn’t get them, but now that they have them it feels like they are pivoting midstream. 

• Like 1

I need to watch MoM again, though not in any rush to do so. And like everyone else in here I suspect, I will absolutely be purchasing a premium of it should we get one, but I honestly think it could be my least fav movie so far in the MCU. 

I struggled with Carol Danvers going from not understanding her powers, to taking out nukes and flying through spaceships in a matter or minutes. And yet, here we are with the same storyline with America Chavez. “Oh, I can punch portals now, that’s handy because Monster Strange couldn’t beat her and I’m about to die”. 

And now I am faced with some one who was a Hydra Puppet, then becomes an Avenger, then takes people hostage to live out a fantasy, next becomes a mass murderer (who by the way can now kill Capt. Marvel with relative ease, and doesn’t need an infinity stone to do so) and finally becomes “Good” again in a moment of realisation??? 

Perhaps I am Completely overthinking it, but that just reeks of too many Chefs to me. Was the whole point of Wandervison to lead us into a Movie in which they can give us a comic book version of Scarlet Witch? Seems so.

Agree with you guys that Olsen played it brilliantly, but what a messed up character arc. I get that the Darkhold corrupted her, but still. Someone should’ve told her that Vision would be less than impressed with her 😂

My biggest disappointment though was some of the sets. Captain Carters world out in the streets was sooooooooo bad. My office has more realistic looking plants than this movie did. 

Plan to see Thor L&T this week. I will keep an open mind, but Phase 4 has been disappointing. Especially given all the hype around so many new characters and series. Spider-Man NWH is King so far for me (no surprise there I’m sure🤭) and I really enjoyed Shang Chi. I still feel Eternals has some promise, but NONE of the end credit scenes have left me excited with what’s to come. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was really good. I enjoyed Loki, but only fear that this will descend into further madness and eye rolling on my part. Time will tell. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

11 hours ago, notdan said:

Forgot about that. Yeah, that was very frustrating/disappointing. 

Like, if you really wanted to introduce Clea there, couldn't she have appealed to Wong (as the Sorcerer Supreme) instead?

8 hours ago, Christopher said:

I think Phase 4 is probably suffering from being planned out before the Fox purchase. They didn’t know they would get FF and X-Men, and had to plan as if they wouldn’t get them, but now that they have them it feels like they are pivoting midstream. 

Part of me wonders how much the pandemic played a role in this. Movies and shows got shuffled around (No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness, for example), some plotlines apparently got the axe (a virus storyline in The Falcon & the Winter Soldier), etc. If not for that, would this be a better constructed, more cohesive phase?

6 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Plan to see Thor L&T this week. I will keep an open mind, but Phase 4 has been disappointing. Especially given all the hype around so many new characters and series. Spider-Man NWH is King so far for me (no surprise there I’m sure🤭) and I really enjoyed Shang Chi. I still feel Eternals has some promise, but NONE of the end credit scenes have left me excited with what’s to come. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was really good. I enjoyed Loki, but only fear that this will descend into further madness and eye rolling on my part. Time will tell. 🤞🏼

I actually think No Way Home is a bottom-tier MCU movie. Once you throw the nostalgia aside, for me, it doesn't hold up (a paper-thin plot that relies on characters making incredibly dumb decisions). If you want more controversial opinions, I think Endgame is a bottom-tier MCU movie too. Eternals has its moments, but probably should have been split into two movies (with one of them focusing entirely on the distant past).  

On the whole, Shang-Chi aside, I think I've actually enjoyed some of the TV shows (WandaVision, Loki, Ms. Marvel, and Moon Knight) more than the Phase 4 movies. I don't know that I'm super hopeful for most of the upcoming entries either. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:54 AM, CryoSteel said:

Like, if you really wanted to introduce Clea there, couldn't she have appealed to Wong (as the Sorcerer Supreme) instead?

Part of me wonders how much the pandemic played a role in this. Movies and shows got shuffled around (No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness, for example), some plotlines apparently got the axe (a virus storyline in The Falcon & the Winter Soldier), etc. If not for that, would this be a better constructed, more cohesive phase?

I actually think No Way Home is a bottom-tier MCU movie. Once you throw the nostalgia aside, for me, it doesn't hold up (a paper-thin plot that relies on characters making incredibly dumb decisions). If you want more controversial opinions, I think Endgame is a bottom-tier MCU movie too. Eternals has its moments, but probably should have been split into two movies (with one of them focusing entirely on the distant past).  

On the whole, Shang-Chi aside, I think I've actually enjoyed some of the TV shows (WandaVision, Loki, Ms. Marvel, and Moon Knight) more than the Phase 4 movies. I don't know that I'm super hopeful for most of the upcoming entries either. 

NWH and Endgame bottom tier?  

captain america nuts GIF

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

Still such individual movies, will be interesting to see them tie everything together (if they eventually do).  Although right now who knows where it is actually heading.

Yeah but that list looks better than what we have gotten so far. I haven’t really hated anything, but some of them just seemed so random, and could of been better. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

NWH and Endgame bottom tier?  

captain america nuts GIF

Dont Even Think About It No Way GIF by Marvel Studios

Don't get me wrong. I don't think any of the MCU movies are bad. I just don't think Endgame and No Way Home hold up. Since I've already kind of mentioned why on the latter, I'll focus on the former. 

In the case of Endgame, they tried to make everything fan service. Some of it works. Most of it doesn't.

I have character-related issues with Thor (PTSD feels too much like a joke) and Hulk (so much character development... off-screen). Past Thanos isn't nearly as compelling either. 

The final battle was just kind of... all over the place. 

2 hours ago, Ari said:

Here is phase 5 map, incase anyone missed it.

FYZA5RlWIAATW1q.jpeg

This graphic is missing Thunderbolts. 

2 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

Still such individual movies, will be interesting to see them tie everything together (if they eventually do).  Although right now who knows where it is actually heading.

Moving past Phase 5, thanks to the three announced Phase 6 movies, I think we might have a better sense of some things now.

• Like 5

Knowing that we are ending P6 with 2 Avengers movies, who does everyone think will make the team this time around?

A mix of adults and teens or just teens?

A little weird to think that members of the future team will only have existed on the small screen before heading to the big screen for an Avengers movie. 

Off the top of my head these are the candidates I can think of:

Captain America

Hawkeye (not likely; I think he’s done; too old for this sh!t; mantle will go to Bishop)

Hulk (not likely; I think he’s done; his arm is healed but done with anger/fighting)

Wanda (not likely; I think Olsen is done with marvel)

Thor (who knows, Hemsworth still likes playing him and acting with kids)

Ant-Man (I think this mantle will go to his daughter)

Dr. Strange

Ironheart

America Chavez

She-Hulk

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, notdan said:

Knowing that we are ending P6 with 2 Avengers movies, who does everyone think will make the team this time around?

A little weird to think that members of the future team will only have existed on the small screen before heading to the big screen for an Avengers movie. 

Off the top of my head these are the candidates I can think of:

Captain America

Hawkeye (not likely; I think he’s done; too old for this sh!t; mantle will go to Bishop)

Hulk (not likely; I think he’s done; his arm is healed but done with anger/fighting)

Wanda (not likely; I think Olsen is done with marvel)

Thor (who knows, Hemsworth still likes playing him and acting with kids)

Ant-Man (I think this mantle will go to his daughter)

Dr. Strange

Ironheart

America Chavez

She-Hulk

They already said that Olsen will return, but they didn’t say when.

I think it will end up being a bigger roster then the one we got in endgame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notdan said:

If Thunderbolts is any indication, it wouldn't surprise me if we get multiple teams. You could have Avengers, Midnight Sons, Thunderbolts, Young Avengers, West Coast Avengers, etc. I don't think trying to duplicate Endgame and manage such a large roster is the way to go.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CryoSteel said:

If Thunderbolts is any indication, it wouldn't surprise me if we get multiple teams. You could have Avengers, Midnight Sons, Thunderbolts, Young Avengers, West Coast Avengers, etc. I don't think trying to duplicate Endgame and manage such a large roster is the way to go.

I was going to say something like this earlier, if feels like they are going in the direction of multiple different teams. Kevin Fiege said it would feel different then the first 3 phases. But I feel a lot of this is leading to the final 2 Avengers movies in phase 6, but it feels like more of a setup for Phase 7 onward.

• Like 2

Always exciting when Feige presents plans on the big screens! I honestly feel like it can only get better right now 🤞🏼 Like @RAK says, I haven’t hated any of Phase 4, but it’s def dropped off a notch since End Game & NWH (that’s right @CryoSteel I said it 😉😂).

@notdan I always thought that the new Avengers line up would consist of Falcon, Black Panther, Ant-man & the Wasp, with potential “Rookies” Riri Williams & Kate Bishop. But honestly, I confess to struggling to understand where this is going now. I also think the Thunderbolts will most likely be “The Dark Avengers” with US Agent, Yelena Romanov, Abomination etc. 

But, what I Really want to know, is where has Armour Wars has gone…. 🫤 Gutted.

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

Always exciting when Feige presents plans on the big screens! I honestly feel like it can only get better right now 🤞🏼 Like @RAK says, I haven’t hated any of Phase 4, but it’s def dropped off a notch since End Game & NWH (that’s right @CryoSteel I said it 😉😂).

@notdan I always thought that the new Avengers line up would consist of Falcon, Black Panther, Ant-man & the Wasp, with potential “Rookies” Riri Williams & Kate Bishop. But honestly, I confess to struggling to understand where this is going now. I also think the Thunderbolts will most likely be “The Dark Avengers” with US Agent, Yelena Romanov, Abomination etc. 

But, what I ReallyI want to know, is where has Armour Wars has gone…. 🫤 Gutted.

Phase 6 still has like 5 open spots with dates, I’m hoping for Armour Wars, and Ironlad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RAK said:

I was going to say something like this earlier, if feels like they are going in the direction of multiple different teams. Kevin Fiege said it would feel different then the first 3 phases. But I feel a lot of this is leading to the final 2 Avengers movies in phase 6, but it feels like more of a setup for Phase 7 onward.

I would actually really like if they play into an angle where the Avengers, as a team, aren't a thing right now. Could be why the Thunderbolts get put together.

3 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

But honestly, I confess to struggling to understand where this is going now. I also think the Thunderbolts will most likely be “The Dark Avengers” with US Agent, Yelena Romanov, Abomination etc. 

You could totally "merge" those two teams for purposes of the MCU. I think US Agent, Yelena, Abomination, Taskmaster, and Ghost are all strong candidates. I've seen Bucky tossed around as well, but I think he fits better elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

But, what I Really want to know, is where has Armour Wars has gone…. 🫤 Gutted.

I saw something where one of the writers said Armor Wars is still happening. I'm thinking Agatha (for story reasons) and Daredevil (for popularity reasons) got pushed up instead. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Phase 6 D23 announcement. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

I’m still wondering how they are going to handle the BP handoff. But for a Black Panther trailer with really no BP footage this is pretty exciting. 

Ryan Coogler can compose some gorgeous shots. The underwater birth and the soldiers on the blue whale look beautiful and epic. 

Excited but nervous. Chadwick brought great charisma to that role. Whoever is next has big shoes to fill. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, notdan said:

I’m still wondering how they are going to handle the BP handoff. But for a Black Panther trailer with really no BP footage this is pretty exciting. 

Ryan Coogler can compose some gorgeous shots. The underwater birth and the soldiers on the blue whale look beautiful and epic. 

Excited but nervous. Chadwick brought great charisma to that role. Whoever is next has big shoes to fill. 

I am blindly Excited for this one. I can’t see Coogler giving us anything but class in all honesty.

As for whoever it is… it HAS to be Shuri. Shes Royalty and would be next in line, especially whilst her mother still sits on the throne (as per the trailer). The movie poster (whilst just a mask) looks suspiciously female IMO, and we know how much Marvel are loving the gender switch right now (Hawkeye, Thor, She-Hulk, Captain Carter, Iron Heart…). And lastly the introduction of Riri Williams in Black Panther would suggest she is the next tech genius to replace Shuri as she becomes the Black Panther.

All of the above is detective/guess work, so I could of course be wrong, but this where my money is at.

AA72C40C-C41A-4447-B7D1-4C96D81CC652.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

I am blindly Excited for this one. I can’t see Coogler giving us anything but class in all honesty.

As for whoever it is… it HAS to be Shuri. Shes Royalty and would be next in line, especially whilst her mother still sits on the throne (as per the trailer). The movie poster (whilst just a mask) looks suspiciously female IMO, and we know how much Marvel are loving the gender switch right now (Hawkeye, Thor, She-Hulk, Captain Carter, Iron Heart…). And lastly the introduction of Riri Williams in Black Panther would suggest she is the next tech genius to replace Shuri as she becomes the Black Panther.

All of the above is detective/guess work, so I could of course be wrong, but this where my money is at.

AA72C40C-C41A-4447-B7D1-4C96D81CC652.jpeg

Your reasoning is exactly why I think it would be Shuri as well. It feels like a fitting next move for her character arc, especially after the loss of T'Challa. Personally, I think if would have been really cool if we got to see a Killmonger from another universe (this is the multiverse saga after all) where he never left Wakanda, his father wasn't killed by his uncle, and he grew up to be the Black Panther. MBJ did such a great job with that character it would be really cool to see him again, however that shot didn't seem like it could be his body type, but they could've manipulated it to throw us off 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 7:21 PM, MikeH5856 said:

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty has found its director!

This is a Bold move IMHO. Relatively “Young” in the movie industry, and whilst Shang Chi was a both a visual delight as well as an excellent movie, handing over the keys to the next Avengers title demonstrates a lot of trust from Feige. 

Probably comes as no surprise that when you look at Cretton’s journey so far, you come across Ryan Coogler, Michael B.Jordan and Brie Larson as his prior connections ahead of Shang Chi.

• Like 1

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy