IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

JOIN @Pbsw23 JUST DO IT!😂

Join Us GIF by memecandy  just do it GIF

Sadly its a pass for me I’m afraid Mike. I don't wish to sound like a Scrooge, and if money was no object then of course I would. But simply put, My mortgage & bills clearly have to come first, and up until this moment there has not been any benefit for a simple FS collector like myself to go Platinum. I’ve never missed out on any GB I wanted because I am Gold & not Platinum, and that is testament to the sterling work that these guys do! 👍🏼

Like I say, I’ll still join FA GB’s, I just have to be open to the fact I may not make the cut anymore. I’ve been with MP pretty much since day 1 (I was certainly very active with GBs on MPV1) and I’ve never strayed to other sites or played the system. I’ve been a Gold member since the memberships came out, which at one point it was the highest rank, but I can’t just keep throwing money at it as a “just in case” scenario. 

Again, I am not complaining or having a tantrum. I am Just calling it as it is for me, and undoubtably many many other Psychos. 

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 7

Spoiler
52 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Sadly its a pass for me I’m afraid Mike. I don't wish to sound like a Scrooge, and if money was no object then of course I would. But simply put, My mortgage & bills clearly have to come first, and up until this moment there has not been any benefit for a simple FS collector like myself to go Platinum. I’ve never missed out on any GB I wanted because I am Gold & not Platinum, and that is testament to the sterling work that these guys do! 👍🏼

Like I say, I’ll still join FA GB’s, I just have to be open to the fact I may not make the cut anymore. I’ve been with MP pretty much since day 1 (I was certainly very active with GBs on MPV1) and I’ve never strayed to other sites or played the system. I’ve been a Gold member since the memberships came out, which at one point it was the highest rank, but I can’t just keep throwing money at it as a “just in case” scenario. 

Again, I am not complaining or having a tantrum. I am Just calling it as it is for me, and undoubtably many many other Psychos. 

@Pbsw23 I’m really happy for you as you are a true, calm and sensible MP member, & I like that in you, yeah❣️

Have a great & safe day my friend❣️

Mr Rogers Roger GIF

On another note, are you into gaming, this question is coming from an Ol’ geezer who has never played mind you... I’m thinking of looking into a PlayStation 5 this Black Friday (early November here in the 🇺🇸, I’ve also got on some notifications of PS5 from Best Buy & Game Stop here!... from what I’ve read, you will have backward capability w/ PlayStation 4 games, yeah!) for a real good deal... what got me started was looking at previews of the Mafia I, II & III & Red Dead Redemption II & how I love them!

What is your take kind sir?🤔

image.thumb.jpeg.309b496190138008b5492a35a18ca8c0.jpeg

image.jpeg.591f0bcb54a2d7b0b6a886a5779ded32.jpeg  image.png.fcbb06bcc8fb54ba2e7469d97173db6f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Pbsw23

You won’t be alone golden boy. I’ll be keeping my Gold membership as well 😁

It would make no sense for me to get Platinum and deprive a member who really wants some of these FAC and Blufans editions.

You presented a sound argument that shows you are a responsible person and I don’t think anyone can hold that against you.

MP is always thankful for its members’ support, no matter what membership they subscribe to; but we also encourage our members to act responsibly in order to avoid unnecessary frustrations down the line - both for our members and the staff.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

@LeGonze Pretty sure tomorrow’s game (vs. Swansea) is only available from Leeds United streaming service, and I think would cost you £5 to get it.

We play again on Thursday at 5pm UK against Barnsley, and we could win promotion that game. This one is on Sky Television so should be relatively easy to find. 👍🏼

Mmm... I will look for it... I hope I can find it somewhere... If not... Good Luck buddy!! 😃😉

6 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@Pbsw23

You won’t be alone golden boy. I’ll be keeping my Gold membership as well 😁

It would make no sense for me to get Platinum and deprive a member who really wants some of these FAC and Blufans editions.

You presented a sound argument that shows you are a responsible person and I don’t think anyone can hold that against you.

MP is always thankful for its members’ support, no matter what membership they subscribe to; but we also encourage our members to act responsibly in order to avoid unnecessary frustrations down the line - both for our members and the staff.

Do we have dates on the new Membership cycle? Prices?

How do you guys do this? Also a GB or marketplace for memberships?? 9_9

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LeGonze said:

The next membership cycle should start somewhere around beginning of August but @Masterblaster will be the one to give more info regarding this, hopefully soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hi Folks;

I recall seeing not too long ago an advert for a Spec ed. of the cute little Brit horror portmanteau "The Uncanny" (with Peter Cushing and lots of cats)

I wrote it on my "To Get" list, but neglected to write down which Studio/Retailer.

Can't seem to locate it on Zavvi or Amz.uk but perhaps it was a German release?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta! 🙂

• Like 2

Spoiler
44 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;

I recall seeing not too long ago an advert for a Spec ed. of the cute little Brit horror portmanteau "The Uncanny" (with Peter Cushing and lots of cats)

I wrote it on my "To Get" list, but neglected to write down which Studio/Retailer.

Ta! 🙂

🥤good day @Grendel

Here you go my friend: The Uncanny blu-ray

image.jpeg.533871d90291cb26813cd5c98b5687e2.jpeg

I went ahead & ordered me one from AMZ.com (b/c of you my friend, if I get any flak from the wifey I’m a comin’ fer ye! 😝 7EE748AF-1249-4414-BFD2-92AAA877CEBB.gif.baa95df6f281484fc784a9c7d9c80433.gif) looks like my ‘cup of tea’🎬

john c. mcginley laughing GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Pbsw23 I’m really happy for you as you are a true, calm and sensible MP member, & I like that in you, yeah❣️

Have a great & safe day my friend❣️

Mr Rogers Roger GIF

On another note, are you into gaming, this question is coming from an Ol’ geezer who has never played mind you... I’m thinking of looking into a PlayStation 5 this Black Friday (early November here in the 🇺🇸, I’ve also got on some notifications of PS5 from Best Buy & Game Stop here!... from what I’ve read, you will have backward capability w/ PlayStation 4 games, yeah!) for a real good deal... what got me started was looking at previews of the Mafia I, II & III & Red Dead Redemption II & how I love them!

What is your take kind sir?🤔

image.thumb.jpeg.309b496190138008b5492a35a18ca8c0.jpeg

image.jpeg.591f0bcb54a2d7b0b6a886a5779ded32.jpeg  image.png.fcbb06bcc8fb54ba2e7469d97173db6f.png

Thank you for the kind words Mike 😊🍻

As for the PS5, For SURE I want one myself! 😁🙌🏼 But....... I’m not one for jumping on a new consul when it immediately comes out. Sure, I love gaming (although not to the levels of say @Trianna 😂) but I don’t ever feel the need to rush out and be the first to buy, play or complete a game. 

Im a PlayStation Man over the other options personally, so yes I would back the PS5, but rest assured it will only come DOWN in price, unlike our beloved steel collections 😉👍🏼

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;

Ta! 🙂

There's an exclusive US (?) blu-ray release called Texas Frightmare Special Edition for sale on eBay (can't post the link here) - not sure if it's the one you're looking for but might be worth to check it out.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;

Ta! 🙂

The only thing I can find is from Severin

• Like 3

Thanks @R1s1ngs0n and @RAK  😀

Yes, you are both right, it's Severin that released/is releasing it.

Their site has been down for a couple days now, I believe in prep for a forthcoming sale but at least I now have written down the retailer! heh.

That slipped ed on EBay is the same release with a "special" slip that Severin oft times do ( I have a few).

I'm non-plussed if I miss the slip but will try for it at least.

Thanks again! 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Just saw your post on The Uncanny @Veum 😀

Thanks my friend, yep, I'm waiting for the Severin home site to open back up and see if I can order one with the slip mentioned above.

If not, I may order from Amazoo as well.

It's a cute little portmanteau, similar in nature to some of the ones you and @pygospa and I have chatted about before, like "Madhouse", "Tales Of Terror", etc...

Not the scariest of the bunch, but a chance to see Peter again at least. 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

While we (I?) are on the topic of Cushing films, I thought I'd mention a very vewry long sought after title that has FINALLY been released!

The Flesh and the Fiends:

Cushing and Pleasence again

image.jpeg.84a7fd0dc1e4650d162bd832043f4d7e.jpeg

Some of you may be familiar with the old Scottish story of "Burke and Hare".

Early 19th Century grave robbers that sold cadavers to the medical profession for autopsy studies.

LInk: (Wiki)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burke_and_Hare_murders

The story has been done a few times, with the latest even being a black comedy with Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis ( which is a hoot)

Burke & Hare

Also, Dylan Thomas did a short story/play called The Doctor and The Devils ( I have the book) which was adapted into an excellent film starring Timothy Dalton and Jonathan Pryce

The Doctor And The Devils [Blu-ray]

There's a lesser quality adaptation directed by Vernon Sewell, simply called "Burke and Hare" released by KL & Redemption that isn't overly recommended as the humour I find misplaced, in stark contrast to the Pegg/Serkis film.

Burke & Hare (Remastered Edition) [Blu-ray]

Anyway, most consider the Cushing/Pleasence film the best, with Dr & Devils a close second.

YMMV...🙂

edit: heh, I'd be remiss of course, to forget mentioning Val Lewton's kick at it, based on R.L. Stevenson's story (and directed by Robert Wise!);

The Body Snatcher 1945

Karloff & Lugosi

The Body Snatcher [Blu-ray]

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

On 7/10/2020 at 9:07 PM, Basil said:

ohhh purple does look nice could be tempted :D

@Scary Hair ann purple suit you my dear?

Celebrate Dance Party GIF by Lisa Vertudaches or more purple rain GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

basil xD

A girl can not beat a bit a big thick fat dose of Purple Sexy Olivia Wilde GIF

On 7/10/2020 at 9:26 PM, Hollywood E Rock said:

I’m hypnotized by the power of PURPLE! I’m joining as soon as the new Group Buy opens!

giphy.gif

This On the Wooden box will be mind blowing . Wonder Woman the Wooden box was beyond beautiful the lacquer and depth of the wood set the image to a portrate effect .

BR2049 will be dog pizza GIF

3 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Mmm... I will look for it... I hope I can find it somewhere... If not... Good Luck buddy!! 😃😉

Any AND ALL INFO WILL BE 

https://mediapsychos.com/forum/188-information-to-membership-tier/

the muppets nodding GIF

• Haha 2

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

Satisfying Sunday

Spoiler

DznuIDx.jpg

KjwkmOI.jpg

Ma73VnB.jpg

zVBBi5m.jpg

ZNKBYXy.jpg

9TYn4OX.jpg

nCnE6hd.jpg

gW2Y1G0.jpg

Wdmb5im.jpg

MXkLEdG.jpg

pqtCh9a.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope you all are feeling well today! Here’s to everyone having a Soothing Sunday & a great start to the new week!

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2