IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Ugh!  What did they end up doing to you?

I had at least 4 shots in the mouth yesterday.  Things seem to be getting better.  Still have a little swelling from the infection in my gums.  I’m sitting here at work with one of the ice packs that I usually send in my son’s lunchbox, pressed against my upper lip to get the swelling down.  

I hadn't been to the dentist in a long time. I abandoned the one I've always gone to because of something I didn't like (I'm an old school guy, and you have to treat people well, not just look at new clients), and the dentist... it's very serious, you can change your pants easily but you have to choose the dentists calmly. 

And yesterday I went and in the end I had two fillings done. I'm missing another one.

And for my comfort they anaesthetised that part of my mouth.

When I went out, my mouth was half open...

full

😆

The first time I tried to drink at home, the water came out of my mouth as if from an open fountain...

How are you doing now? better? I read it's almost done..

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Okay . . . this is getting bizarre . . .

Dentist appointment yesterday . . . cracked tooth . . . 

@Casiusco @Heywoodmoutaw . . .

image.gif.dfba33ad131b62aad156179b430c39d8.gif

No infection, a simple crown, but three of us in three days?????????

Hope you two get through it soon without too much pain.

image.gif.e4772a22f03cf385049f17a44bb79e35.gif

But other MP members . . . 

image.gif.0d0d1caa1aa19483d624ac271fb2109f.gif

image.gif.172f5a8fe73acc68f5eb229b20cfab8a.gif

Is it a virus introduced in the shipments?

A sabotage from some other community?

Or are we just X-men and our powers are starting to develop?

I don't know, but clearly there must be a reason for this.

What is clear is that today in this community if you want to be trendy and handsome you have to go to the dentist, or you are nobody. 

:D 

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Is it a virus introduced in the shipments?

A sabotage from some other community?

Or are we just X-men and our powers are starting to develop?

I don't know, but clearly there must be a reason for this.

What is clear is that today in this community if you want to be trendy and handsome you have to go to the dentist, or you are nobody. 

:D 

image.gif.3b62bda77fc687f77daba454e477e3ed.gif

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Okay . . . this is getting bizarre . . .

Dentist appointment yesterday . . . cracked tooth . . . 

@Casiusco @Heywoodmoutaw . . .

image.gif.dfba33ad131b62aad156179b430c39d8.gif

No infection, a simple crown, but three of us in three days?????????

Hope you two get through it soon without too much pain.

image.gif.e4772a22f03cf385049f17a44bb79e35.gif

But other MP members . . . 

image.gif.0d0d1caa1aa19483d624ac271fb2109f.gif

image.gif.172f5a8fe73acc68f5eb229b20cfab8a.gif

It is contagious, I need to go to have a cracked tooth fixed, but I hate seeing the Dentist with a passion!!!

squirrel nut zippers dentist GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I hadn't been to the dentist in a long time. I abandoned the one I've always gone to because of something I didn't like (I'm an old school guy, and you have to treat people well, not just look at new clients), and the dentist... it's very serious, you can change your pants easily but you have to choose the dentists calmly. 

And yesterday I went and in the end I had two fillings done. I'm missing another one.

And for my comfort they anaesthetised that part of my mouth.

When I went out, my mouth was half open...

full

😆

The first time I tried to drink at home, the water came out of my mouth as if from an open fountain...

How are you doing now? better? I read it's almost done..

I’m pretty good, thanks for asking!  Only a little swelling left.  I can now blow my nose without pain for the first time since Saturday or Sunday and should be able to shave this mustache tomorrow (my upper lip has been too painful to touch).

You feeling ok as the numbness wears off?

Clearly we have to figure out what shipment we all have in common that caused this outbreak.  Feels like psycho bunny may have a hand in this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Stolen from Reddit.  My Walmarts suck, but it may be time to check in again.

IMG_1442.webp.85a2b91ba2390cc48125f461a57fa766.webp

The cheapest I've seen was $10 for a steelbook in Walmart recently but yeah prices are about right where they would be at best buy. If someone hears Walmart is doing a $5 run for steels let me know please lol.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

The cheapest I've seen was $10 for a steelbook in Walmart recently but yeah prices are about right where they would be at best buy. If someone hears Walmart is doing a $5 run for steels let me know please lol.

All the 4K steels I got there last night were $29.99; this is awful, but I can’t remember if the blu steel I got (Cronenberg’s Shivers) was a bit cheaper or not.  Good deals, stuff I haven’t seen available in a while (stuff I mostly already had).  The first Walmart I went to had been so picked over that there were barely any left, the 2nd appeared to have restocked recently.

I hope they’re selling enough of them to encourage them to keep going.  

• Like 6

Ok, time to decide which movie is next.  Just finished Brawl in Cell Block 99 (beautiful brutality), which made me want to rewatch Dragged Across Concrete.  May also end up watching Dark Knight with the kiddo, but if he plays video games then these are the others I’m considering, none of which I’ve seen:

Possessor

Hacksaw Ridge

Shivers (very early David Cronenberg)

Going to give it some thought while I cook dinner, appreciate any input.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Ok, time to decide which movie is next.  Just finished Brawl in Cell Block 99 (beautiful brutality), which made me want to rewatch Dragged Across Concrete.  May also end up watching Dark Knight with the kiddo, but if he plays video games then these are the others I’m considering, none of which I’ve seen:

Possessor

Hacksaw Ridge

Shivers (very early David Cronenberg)

Going to give it some thought while I cook dinner, appreciate any input.

My two-cents @Heywoodmoutaw of those would be Hacksaw Ridge🎬 :)

• Like 3

On 3/23/2024 at 1:07 AM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I’m pretty good, thanks for asking!  Only a little swelling left.  I can now blow my nose without pain for the first time since Saturday or Sunday and should be able to shave this mustache tomorrow (my upper lip has been too painful to touch).

You feeling ok as the numbness wears off?

Clearly we have to figure out what shipment we all have in common that caused this outbreak.  Feels like psycho bunny may have a hand in this.

I'm fine now, although I have some discomfort in another tooth that I would like to have checked. I have to go back next month.

I think this is all a plot by the MP staff: they are doing a pilot test. Think about it: if we go to the dentist it's because something hurts, if it hurts we're more at home, if we're more at home we're more in the community, and we need more films, so... we sign up for more GB. ;) 

tumblr_nvhqrlYlpe1uhkk2bo1_540.gif

I think it's clear. Next time you get a bag of jelly beans with your edition, be suspicious! :D 

• Haha 5

Happy Sunday All! One week until Easter!

Easter Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

7 Days Until Easter

55 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

75 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

111 Days Until Retro Expo

216 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

221 Days Until Halloween

249 Days Until Thanksgiving

277 Days Until Christmas

283 Days Until New Year

327 Days Until Valentine's Day!

358 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

• Like 4

15 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

I would agree with @Veum on Hacksaw Ridge being the next. Solid watch.

And @Veum, you guys were right!  Really enjoyed it.  Man, Gibson just knows how to direct a fight and generally do well the best of what Hollywood traditionally did with movies.  Beautiful *and* horrible to look at.

• Like 4