IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

16 hours ago, Veum said:

image.png.fb9ad8a20f05c577bb9d08f41ba74226.png

That's true. Or what is the same, in relationships... just like the old phrase said:

"The land for those who work it".

Pero, al mismo tiempo, conviene no olvidar las palabras del gran Vinicius de Moraes:

"But all this is useless if in this dark and crazy jungle you if you don't know to find the loved one to live a great love"

Or in other words: fighting is nice... as long as it is not fighting for something impossible. 

• Like 5

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Good morning and hope you are getting fully recovered!

Hey there, my friend, and good morning to you, too! Other than the congestion and coughing that won't let-up, I am feeling a million times better! My breathing is slowly getting less shallow, and my hearing/smell have mostly come back thanks to the steroids. The fevers/night sweats/headaches have not returned, so that is a blessing already. 

How are you doing this fine day?

• Like 6

Awards

9 hours ago, Nadam said:

Hey there, my friend, and good morning to you, too! Other than the congestion and coughing that won't let-up, I am feeling a million times better! My breathing is slowly getting less shallow, and my hearing/smell have mostly come back thanks to the steroids. The fevers/night sweats/headaches have not returned, so that is a blessing already. 

How are you doing this fine day?

This fine day is over!  We had crazy wind . . . but no storm, no rain, not even clouds in the sky, gusts of 50 mph, I had to unwedge tree limbs from underneath my car.  Good day though, if that's the worst thing, right?

image.gif.e0c9ab65d001de63d2f27a34f3884671.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

This fine day is over!  We had crazy wind . . . but no storm, no rain, not even clouds in the sky, gusts of 50 mph, I had to unwedge tree limbs from underneath my car.  Good day though, if that's the worst thing, right?

Absolutely! Not the most fun thing to do, but thankfully you and your family aren't hurt from any of those limbs. Hopefully your day tomorrow goes a lot smoother, and you can spend more of the day relaxing. :) 

• Like 5

Awards

33 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

How’s the pup doing?  Hope things are looking up.

I went in for tooth pain yesterday, turns out I have a crack in my tooth and got an infection.  So painful I couldn’t sleep last night, but I think the antibiotics they gave me yesterday are starting to help (though everyone at work says I still look like a chipmunk from the swelling), and I foresee sleep in my near future.

Between now and then, I’m making a choice between 2 movies:  Hellraiser 2 and Used Cars.  I know, random.

Anyway, good seeing you guys, hope everyone has a decent Tuesday.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

How’s the pup doing?  Hope things are looking up.

Uh . . . . yeah . . . . this has become a nightmare.   We are in week three and the post-op care has been a disaster.   In the state of Virginia vet malpractice is no different than a mechanic messing up your car because pets are legally seen as property.  So, no real recourse.  The vet center is treating our dog for free, which is an obvious admission of negligence, but yeah man, it's been rough in our house the last three weeks.  I think the dog is the least affected by it to be honest, she seems more annoyed than anything. :).  She's not suffering, but still not out of the woods.

image.thumb.jpeg.38319c3951a942c8f59fdb2d9961903b.jpeg

• Sad 6

29 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Uh . . . . yeah . . . . this has become a nightmare.   We are in week three and the post-op care has been a disaster.   In the state of Virginia vet malpractice is no different than a mechanic messing up your car because pets are legally seen as property.  So, no real recourse.  The vet center is treating our dog for free, which is an obvious admission of negligence, but yeah man, it's been rough in our house the last three weeks.  I think the dog is the least affected by it to be honest, she seems more annoyed than anything. :).  She's not suffering, but still not out of the woods.

image.thumb.jpeg.38319c3951a942c8f59fdb2d9961903b.jpeg

Man that sucks, I’m sorry.  She’s beautiful.  I never thought about that kind of state law at all, it seems so archaic.  There have been times when my cats and dogs (we’re down to just a cat these days) have gotten better health care than me.  Who thinks of them as property?  Love her up and spoil her rotten, glad she’s not suffering.

• Like 7

Root canal this afternoon; can’t wait!  People talk about the pain of a root canal, but every time I’ve had one the pain afterwards is better than what I was experiencing before.

My upper lip is so swollen and sore that I can’t stand to touch it, not even to shave it.  Looks like I’m growing a mustache until tomorrow, at least.

• Sad 7

Happy Thursday all! So sorry about your tooth pain @Heywoodmoutaw, hope they fix it for you. @Nadam, glad to hear you are feeling better, get some rest! @BreakBeatDJ, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, I hope something happens to remediate this for you.

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

10 Days Until Easter

58 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

78 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

114 Days Until Retro Expo

219 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

224 Days Until Halloween

252 Days Until Thanksgiving

280 Days Until Christmas

286 Days Until New Year

330 Days Until Valentine's Day!

361 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

• Like 5
  • Love 1

🤠 hope you all have a good Thursday as much is possible, going for another brunch with my buddy (he gets bored pretty fast, as me I’m more content in my situations)! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

Friends Eating GIF by 60 Second Docs

41%
A morning flurry; otherwise, sunny to partly cloudy

RealFeel®50°

RealFeel Shade™45°

Max UV Index5 Moderate

WindE 7 mph

• Like 5

3 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

Happy Thursday all! So sorry about your tooth pain @Heywoodmoutaw, hope they fix it for you. @Nadam, glad to hear you are feeling better, get some rest! @BreakBeatDJ, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, I hope something happens to remediate this for you.

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

10 Days Until Easter

58 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

78 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

114 Days Until Retro Expo

219 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

224 Days Until Halloween

252 Days Until Thanksgiving

280 Days Until Christmas

286 Days Until New Year

330 Days Until Valentine's Day!

361 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

1 hour ago, Veum said:

@Nadam I hope you get better real soon, @Heywoodmoutaw I hope your dentist will fix your tooth that hurts and @BreakBeatDJ I hope all will be well with your beautiful doggie❣️

I greatly appreciate the kind words! I am feeling like a million bucks, but the constant coughing is the only thing that seems to love having me as a host, and has insisted on staying. 😂

• Like 4

Awards

Thanks guys.  One hour to go!  If I’d known it was going to take so long for antibiotics to kick in, I won’t lie, I would’ve asked for pain medication.

On the bright side, at least I’ll get out of work for a few hours.  

Also on the bright side:  it’s only 46 degrees here at the moment but it’s sunny, beautiful and getting up to 62 later!  

• Like 6

Hope everyone's hanging in there today. Tonight... Brian De Palma's "Mission To Mars" in 35mm at the Music Box Theatre here in Chicago. It's kicking off their Ennio Morricone festival. Always loved this movie, saw it in theatres when I was 9, deserves a BD IMO. Anyway, can't wait to see it again on celluloid. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Hope everyone's hanging in there today. Tonight... Brian De Palma's "Mission To Mars" in 35mm at the Music Box Theatre here in Chicago. It's kicking off their Ennio Morricone festival. Always loved this movie, saw it in theatres when I was 9, deserves a BD IMO. Anyway, can't wait to see it again on celluloid. 

That’s awesome, even if it makes me feel old.  I missed seeing this in the theater because I was a workaholic in my mid 20s, still haven’t seen it.

Looks like they’ve got a great lineup.  I’ve never seen any of the Dollars trilogy on the big screen, same with Once Upon A Time In America.  They’ve got a couple that I’ve never seen at all, The Mercenary and Machine Gun McCain.  That last one sounds like a Rick Dalton movie :) 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Leonardo Dicaprio Dancing GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Totally does 😆 I'm curious to see how M2M holds up tonight. Would love to catch Once Upon A Time in America too.

How are you feeling post-dentist? 

Decent.  We’re going to get into TMI territory.  I knew I had a cavity in one tooth, they found a small crack in another.  An infection had set up in my gums and was actually coming from the one with the small crack.  So they did root canals on both.  But the thing that hurts:  where my gums were swollen from the infection, they opened them up and pushed out all the pus.

Previous root canals, I felt better after, but this time my gums are really sore from where they pressed all that stuff out.  It’s starting to settle down a bit, they said it will probably be a bit rough tonight.  So I’m about to camp out on the couch with an ice pack and some saltwater rinse, put in this Aliens 4K.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Decent.  We’re going to get into TMI territory.  I knew I had a cavity in one tooth, they found a small crack in another.  An infection had set up in my gums and was actually coming from the one with the small crack.  So they did root canals on both.  But the thing that hurts:  where my gums were swollen from the infection, they opened them up and pushed out all the pus.

Previous root canals, I felt better after, but this time my gums are really sore from where they pressed all that stuff out.  It’s starting to settle down a bit, they said it will probably be a bit rough tonight.  So I’m about to camp out on the couch with an ice pack and some saltwater rinse, put in this Aliens 4K.

Ouch! I can't handle dentist stuff so I'm really feeling for you, hang in there, hopefully Aliens 4K will help distract you. M2M is available for rent too if you need a new movie to stream, but I can't vouch for the quality of the film itself given it's absolutely slathered in nostalgia for me. 

• Like 6