IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

19 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I assume you mean the original, 1920 Caligari?

There was a time when I wouldn’t give silent films a chance, but I’ve really liked several in the last few years.  

The Passion of Joan of Arc might have the best acting performance I’ve ever seen, no speaking necessary.  I love Dr. Mabuse, the Gambler as well, set me off on a Fritz Lang kick that is still ongoing.

If I do watch it it will have to be on Tubi for free, Prime is a rent which I really do not want to at this time do since I have quite a lot I need to watch that won’t cost me! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 4

• Replies 30.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I assume you mean the original, 1920 Caligari?

There was a time when I wouldn’t give silent films a chance, but I’ve really liked several in the last few years.  

The Passion of Joan of Arc might have the best acting performance I’ve ever seen, no speaking necessary.  I love Dr. Mabuse, the Gambler as well, set me off on a Fritz Lang kick that is still ongoing.

Yep, the 1920 Original 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Veum said:

If I do watch it it will have to be on Tubi for free, Prime is a rent which I really do not want to at this time do since I have quite a lot I need to watch that won’t cost me! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

I hate that Prime now has ads; if I didn’t use them so much for shipping I’d drop Prime.  Tubi has ads but it’s free, and may even have a better selection than Prime (though Max and Prime are probably the paid services whose selection I like best).

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I hate that Prime now has ads; if I didn’t use them so much for shipping I’d drop Prime.  Tubi has ads but it’s free, and may even have a better selection than Prime (though Max and Prime are probably the paid services whose selection I like best).

I have too many streaming subscriptions. Will be dropping Max soon and D+ when it renews later this year. Keeping Netflix, Amazon Prime (like you, more for the shipping than the content), and Apple+

• Like 5

yeah the ads on prime are annoying even insulting as some have said on prime's facebook page. like others have said I use prime mostly for the shipping so it pays for itself. the ability to have something delivered in two days even the same day if ordered early enough is the only reason I keep prime around. if I lived closed enough to one of their establishments I would buy the item and go pick it up in person dropping prime altogether. 

• Like 4

@LeadFarmer hey Bud, I really wanna be your MP friend, especially since you have such great taste in music, but the system has other ideas.  

I've asked staff about this error, and they, as you know, are occupied with other things, like getting us access to amazing editions, so yeah, I'd rather they do that.

image.thumb.png.0f1bde65f446aee358fca25e50d54b58.png

But  . . .

image.gif.ce7004ca222c6cca81af1df0aefb08a0.gif

I'm sure you're not that bothered by it and have already forgotten, but I see the request EVERY time I log on!

image.gif.b3e66c17ebdbfbd84918d8e680138733.gif

It's. time . . .

image.gif.51a7082520fbbca16a93a13873458d51.gif

See you around my "friend".

image.gif.f181fd8b29e4b0a43bd853718742810c.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

@LeadFarmer hey Bud, I really wanna be your MP friend, especially since you have such great taste in music, but the system has other ideas.  

I've asked staff about this error, and they, as you know, are occupied with other things, like getting us access to amazing editions, so yeah, I'd rather they do that.

image.thumb.png.0f1bde65f446aee358fca25e50d54b58.png

But  . . .

image.gif.ce7004ca222c6cca81af1df0aefb08a0.gif

I'm sure you're not that bothered by it and have already forgotten, but I see the request EVERY time I log on!

image.gif.b3e66c17ebdbfbd84918d8e680138733.gif

It's. time . . .

image.gif.51a7082520fbbca16a93a13873458d51.gif

See you around my "friend".

image.gif.f181fd8b29e4b0a43bd853718742810c.gif

Really? On my side it shows you as a friend already....

Am I Crazy Warner Bros GIF by Leroy Patterson

But it's quite alright I understand it's a glitch of some sort. 

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

Screenshot_2024-03-13-19-14-46-1.png

• Like 5

🤠 good day to you all, well it is fantastic Thursday and another gathering with my buddy, hope you all have a wonderful day! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

i am what i am nbc GIF by The Blacklist I Am Groot Wow GIF by Disney+

95%
A few morning showers, cloudy, breezy; a severe afternoon thunderstorm; storms can bring flooding downpours, hail, damaging wind gusts, and an isolated tornado

RealFeel®68°

RealFeel Shade™68°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindSSW 14 mph

• Like 5

Happy Thursday All! And yes I venture to say Mike has filled at least 70% of these 1200 pages. That is a feat into itself.

Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

3 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

17 Days Until Easter

65 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

85 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

121 Days Until Retro Expo

226 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

231 Days Until Halloween

259 Days Until Thanksgiving

287 Days Until Christmas

293 Days Until New Year

337 Days Until Valentine's Day!

• Like 6

On 3/12/2024 at 8:09 PM, Veum said:

Thanks @Heywoodmoutaw, I really enjoy Mads and will have to obtain this sometime in the future. 😉

🤠 🎞️ @Heywoodmoutaw My brunch fell through today as my friend was having breathing problems, so I’ll go and watch Riders of Justice after my brunch at home! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 4