IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

23 hours ago, Veum said:

Zavvi…

christina aguilera thumbs down GIF

Maybe there is some hope as I got this e-mail from another UK subscription I have… 🙏 

Major Announcement: Royal Mail international shipping resumes

I just wanted to update you all about postage and shipping statuses, in particular to international routes. 

Firstly, I'm delighted to announce that Royal Mail has now opened up all routes for international parcels, and so we are shipping to overseas customers as normal once more.

Things have been pretty nightmarish so far this year for UK businesses who ship items abroad. Firstly, as the large letter classification to the USA was effectively removed and replaced by a parcel tariff, the cost of sending items to America from the UK almost doubled from the 3rd of January. 
Then, almost a month ago, Royal Mail - our main postage partner - suffered a cyber attack that prevented them from shipping any items to international destinations.

This also meant that parcels already in the system were stuck at the hub and could not be processed. Some copies of our Jason and the Argonauts Ultimate Guide, which were shipped in December, are only just arriving at US and Canada destinations.

• Thanks 2

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤 🎬Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️🌧️🌬️ here my friends… good day there Veum here❣️🙏:)🤠 🍵🧋

Good Deeds News GIF by Mic

Day

2/9
62°Hi
RealFeel® 53°
RealFeel Shade™ 53°
Winds gusting past 40 mph; a couple of brief showers early this morning, mostly cloudy and mild; winds will be locally damaging

Wind Advisory

Start

End

Thursday, February 9, 4:00 AM EST

Thursday, February 9, 7:00 PM EST

Source: U.S. National Weather Service

...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING... * WHAT...Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph expected. * WHERE...Portions of central, south central, southeast, southwest and west central Indiana. * WHEN...From 4 AM to 7 PM EST Thursday. * IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 8:06 PM, MikeH5856 said:

Screenshot from the subreddit I mentioned above.

TEXT:

Some changes were made over the last few days completely removing movie sections from many of the site settings but seems today they finally finished the transition and not only blocked the movie sections from most site settings but also blocked all Zavvi exclusive and UK only steels from shipping to any address outside of the UK. Once you reach checkout on the UK site setting, where most of the steelbooks are, you are only allowed to enter UK addresses to continue the process. On the US site setting you can still see a very small handful of steelbooks that were available here in the US anyway that also aren't Zavvi exclusive. We're not sure what the future plans are but for now it seems many of these steelbook will now no longer be available to collectors outside of the UK, similar to the way HMV runs.

I'll be sure to update this post with any new information.

zavvi.thumb.jpg.5baf2c84295858166bb4dcfb990e08f3.jpg

ah mike and my american friends reddit have not read

and zavvi use royal mail for all postage click my link above and open link in that post explaining it all, think simple as that.

if zavvi cannot post its stuffed abroad at the moment, once royal mail sorts itself out i suspect it will go back to normal.

zavvi are sh1t at communication period point in case.

easiest way if someone emails them for confirmation. thats if they have my answer xD 

basil 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Basil said:

ah mike and my american friends reddit have not read

and zavvi use royal mail for all postage click my link above and open link in that post explaining it all, think simple as that.

if zavvi cannot post its stuffed abroad at the moment, once royal mail sorts itself out i suspect it will go back to normal.

zavvi are sh1t at communication period point in case.

easiest way if someone emails them for confirmation. thats if they have my answer xD 

basil 👍

Thanks, Basil. Is this related to why Zavvi is no longer shipping to Australia, as well (if you can speculate)? I thought these decisions had more to do with cost-cutting measures, as it sounds like The Hut Group is in some financial troubles... https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jan/17/thg-retailer-profit-warning

Of course, between stocks falling and Royal Mail issues, I suspect the answer lies somewhere around

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Edited by MikeH5856
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

Thanks, Basil. Is this related to why Zavvi is no longer shipping to Australia, as well (if you can speculate)? I thought these decisions had more to do with cost-cutting measures, as it sounds like The Hut Group is in some financial troubles... https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jan/17/thg-retailer-profit-warning

Of course, between stocks falling and Royal Mail issues, I suspect the answer lies somewhere around

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

i speculate why not 

if you read the profits down bit, big bit of that is delivery delays, i had one parcel this year that not turn up after a month so got refund.

1 month later it been posted thru my letter box xD 

i would say yes they lost money abit this year but size of that company it will find new investors but you have to have something to sell.

also bear in mind uk is still going and just shipping royal mail is working in different ways in the uk to carry on. the hackers locked them out of there own system and then wanted to charge them to get back in.

so cyber security wasnt as tight by look of it. i had heard they brought in cyber security experts it will take some time to create new safe ways i suspect.

it just be matter of time.

problem zavvi got massive contract with Royal mail.

this year when they had issues delivering to me they have used evri but evri is more expensive and i don't think they ship abroad.

think just be time myself not good i know but there are no cheaper or equivalent postal services at least international

even @blu.steel33 carl i believe uses royal mail for international, but sure he correct me if wrong

hope that helps 👍

basil :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 11:45 AM, damships said:

Anyone else loving The Last of Us? I'm a fanatic with the games, and this is possibly the best video game adaptation I've ever seen. 

Hell Yeah Success GIF by Naughty Dog

Do the clickers in the game look like the clickers in the show?  For some reason they don't scare me at all, with their rippled cauliflowered double butt cheek heads.

Edited by BreakBeatDJ