IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

2 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I highly recommend Craig Mazin’s podcast Scriptnotes.  I’ve been listening to it for ten years and it’s the only industry podcast I listen to anymore.  They’re so down and dirty about the industry and craft.  He described the whole process of this show in real time as it developed.  

Oh, cool! I’m going to have to find that and give it a listen.

• Like 1

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, damships said:

Hell yeah! 100% agreed! I'm a fanatic with the games. Neil is a genius. I think they're doing the source material justice and so much more. I also hope this motivates him to get Part III going. :P 

Fingers crossed for Part III! Even though I’m already dreading reliving the emotional trauma coming our way in Season 2…. 

19 hours ago, damships said:

Anyone else loving The Last of Us? I'm a fanatic with the games, and this is possibly the best video game adaptation I've ever seen. 

Hell Yeah Success GIF by Naughty Dog

I'm loving the series so far! I hope we see Last of Us 2 adapted as well.

280 Days Until Halloween

303 Days Until Thanksgiving

335 Days Until Christmas

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I highly recommend Craig Mazin’s podcast Scriptnotes.  I’ve been listening to it for ten years and it’s the only industry podcast I listen to anymore.  They’re so down and dirty about the industry and craft.  He described the whole process of this show in real time as it developed.  

Definitely will listen to it then! He seems like a super nice guy. Plus, I thought Chernobyl was incredible. 

• Like 1

Awards

45 minutes ago, damships said:

Definitely will listen to it then! He seems like a super nice guy. Plus, I thought Chernobyl was incredible. 

Well, it's interesting you mention Chernobyl.  Hearing him talk about that was crazy.  He was so insecure, and anxiety ridden during that process.  He was a successful writer before that, but Chern is what really put him on the map.  The whole podcast has changed since then.  It is much more polished, and he has lost a little bit of that sarcastic writer bitchin' about the industry vibe.  

He is hilarious.  Each episode he says his name a different silly way.  He makes fun of himself all the time, both he and John August are great.  I'd go back to like 2018 and listen to that year before starting now.  Mazin was not afraid to speak his mind about the industry.

I too am really enjoying this show.  So solid.  I wish Mazin wouldn't have directed the first episode though.  It was good, not whining, it was good, I just think with a more experienced director we could have gotten a little bit better camera work.  It felt pretty basic to me.  He directs like a writer, which is fine.  It's still a really solid show, and I just HOPE that it continues at this level.

• Like 2

🥤 Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️🌨️ 🥶🌬️ 🌧️ here my friends… good day there Veum here❣️🙏:)🤠 🍵🧋

Front view❣️

7B57A3F0-7024-4A97-B518-E6072790B3AC.thumb.jpeg.cf7811a80e0bf262d10d92f6f25d834f.jpeg

Back view❣️

72653FE2-A2D7-4AFF-8488-19CF1279D2DC.thumb.jpeg.6a5e87968ca3549211310f0f97ebd87a.jpeg

”Let it snow, let it snow” ❄️ 

Let It Snow GIF

Day

1/25
37°Hi
RealFeel® 30°
RealFeel Shade™ 29°
Colder with snow and rain at times with little or no additional accumulation, becoming breezy this afternoon

Logo for U.S. National Weather Service

Winter Storm Warning

Start

End

Wednesday, January 25, 1:00 AM EST

Wednesday, January 25, 7:00 PM EST

Source: U.S. National Weather Service

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING... * WHAT...Heavy snow. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 7 inches. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph. * WHERE...Portions of central, south central, southwest and west central Indiana. * WHEN...Until 7 PM EST this evening. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

🥤 Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️🌨️ 🥶 🌧️ here my friends… good day there Veum here❣️🙏:)🤠 🍵🧋

Game Over Death GIF by Travis

Day

1/26
32°Hi
RealFeel® 24°
RealFeel Shade™ 24°
Cloudy with a couple of snow showers; storm total snowfall 1-3 inches; squalls can bring whiteout conditions at times
  • Like 2

Never forget 😔

image.jpeg.9a210f13babd5bef7e200dc8c62f35ab.jpeg

International Holocaust Remembrance Day

image.jpeg.2024bd6d766232ca173ece08dca2b061.jpeg

January 27

The United Nations General Assembly designated January 27—the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau—as International Holocaust Remembrance Day.

On this annual day of commemoration, the UN urges every member state to honor the six million Jewish victims of the Holocaust and millions of other victims of Nazism and to develop educational programs to help prevent future genocides.

How to Mark the Day

The Moment She Lost Her Family Captured in a Photo

This special episode of the Museum’s award-winning Stay Connected Live virtual series will feature Irene Weiss, a survivor of Auschwitz who volunteers at the Museum. Watch live on Friday, January 27, 2023, at 9:30 a.m. ET.

Watch Episode