IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Tell him again. He gonna learn today!

Tom Cruise Laugh GIF

think we could all teach him today xD 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

and one of the reasons he be soooo receptive is because of

2022-08-11 15:48
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 3:48 pm on August 11, 2022.

and still doesn't know what it is

Austin Powers Reaction GIF

basil xD 

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, Basil said:

when are the studios going to learn streaming is not the only way forward they can still make big money with cinema, blu ray's steelbooks and streaming

Cinema has a short window of impact and is almost exclusively for the big draws, streaming/digital is where the longevity is (headed). Physical discs while still profitable are a pale ghost of they used to be and low-to-mid budget movies who previously would make the bulk of their revenue on disc has been relegated to digital. I'm fine with that personally, but streaming quality has to go up, way up. Sonys BRAVIA CORE is to my knowledge the only service providing disc quality unless you're forking out for Kaleidescape which is... pricey.

Apple are pretty good quality wise though with their own TV stuff, no idea where they're at with licensed content.

So you know, embrace discless premiums! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Awards

12 hours ago, Squeegie McGee said:

Oh was it? I didn't know...

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

🙃

11 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Ok, I had a busy week and finally have some moments to catch up in here and...what in the world happened?

Someone inject steroids into this thread?

pumping iron fitness GIF

8 hours ago, Basil said:

right its time order was restored in here so he we go mike you had this coming xD 

Jeremy Sisto Fbi GIF by CBS

really bitch real housewives of new jersey GIF by Bravo TV

discover dwayne johnson GIF

Celine Dion Yes GIF

bitch slap GIF

bitch slap GIF

Be Good Series 11 GIF by Doctor Who

Lying Simon Rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

basil xD 

7 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Tell him again. He gonna learn today!

Tom Cruise Laugh GIF

7 hours ago, Basil said:

think we could all teach him today xD 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

and one of the reasons he be soooo receptive is because of

2022-08-11 15:48
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility -> Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 3:48 pm on August 11, 2022.

and still doesn't know what it is

Austin Powers Reaction GIF

basil xD 

5 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

@Veum So, are you going to see Dragon Ball Z with @Hollywood E Rock or not?

Are you more of a Pokemon guy?

4 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Fortis93 I can’t wait until he wakes up & responds with a goofy gif of confusion 

Friends Tv Lol GIF by Nick At Nite

4 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Me too. 😄

3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Didn’t your parents teach you to respect the elderly?

That’s ok, neither did mine 😬

• Haha 8

I think cinemas can get back to the way they used to be if movie studios, actors and directors actually made more of an effort towards maintaining longer theatrical releases. 

Tom Cruise thankfully convinced Paramount to keep Maverick in cinemas for 90 Days. Nolan and Villeneuve have been adamant about theatrical releases (so much that Nolan left to Universal due to WB and their HBO Max stuff). Peele did great with NOPE. 

Streaming, in my opinion, is a bit dull and boring. A film is supposed to be an event. It’s supposed to be something you get excited about, make plans for, and see on a big screen. I’m all for streaming a film I’ve already seen, or a movie I just didn’t have time to see, but for the films I actually care about (the ones I’m passionate about seeing) I go to the cinema. 

Support your local cinemas.

episode 1 GIF
Screaming Movie Theater GIF by Domino Recording Co.

• Like 5

Awards

6 minutes ago, damships said:

I think cinemas can get back to the way they used to be if movie studios, actors and directors actually made more of an effort towards maintaining longer theatrical releases. 

Tom Cruise thankfully convinced Paramount to keep Maverick in cinemas for 90 Days. Nolan and Villeneuve have been adamant about theatrical releases (so much that Nolan left to Universal due to WB and their HBO Max stuff). Peele did great with NOPE. 

Streaming, in my opinion, is a bit dull and boring. A film is supposed to be an event. It’s supposed to be something you get excited about, make plans for, and see on a big screen. I’m all for streaming a film I’ve already seen, or a movie I just didn’t have time to see, but for the films I actually care about (the ones I’m passionate about seeing) I go to the cinema. 

Support your local cinemas.

episode 1 GIF
Screaming Movie Theater GIF by Domino Recording Co.

Clap Applause GIF

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Squeegie McGee said:

Word of they day is OWNERSHIP.

I want to be able to own my physical media. Streaming quality is NOTHING compared to a 4k disc and you don't own it and it's only limited on Streaming for a certain amount of time . I do also like going to the movies when a movie I really want to see is showing. 

And you never know when they are going to pull an HBOMax and remove something, like they currently are doing. 

• Like 5

TENET really sealed the deal for me on the differences between streaming and disc, just on the audio alone. I had gotten a defective disc, which crapped out after the first 10 minutes. I had time to kill before Best Buy opened to go do an in-store replacement, so I put on the digital copy. The sound was so muted, the bass barely even noticeable, and I hadn't even touched the volume. The gunshots in that opening sequence were so soft and dull, it was pathetic! I turned it off, made my exchange, and watched the disc when I got home. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, MikeH5856 said:

TENET really sealed the deal for me on the differences between streaming and disc, just on the audio alone. I had gotten a defective disc, which crapped out after the first 10 minutes. I had time to kill before Best Buy opened to go do an in-store replacement, so I put on the digital copy. The sound was so muted, the bass barely even noticeable, and I hadn't even touched the volume. The gunshots in that opening sequence were so soft and dull, it was pathetic! I turned it off, made my exchange, and watched the disc when I got home. 

Tenet is definitely my reference 4K disc I show people. The opening is incredible with the IMAX and sound is bonkers. 

• Like 5

Awards