IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

That does look really nice, do your dad keep it up by himself or do both your parents work on it as a team?

no its my dad, he never used to do gardening much but was always interested in my grandads garden.

he was member of royal society of horticulture and taught it to others at the local society, anyway my dad slowly picked up ideas from my grandad and ended up quiet reasonable since retired.

my mum always got her clean freak going on in the house xD 

think thats why gardens so good xD 

basil :D

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

That grass looks too good!

Is it astro turf @Basil?

If so its the way forward, I have it in my back garden too mate 👍

yes correct riley lad and good eye is astro turf cost them about £3000 about 3-4 years ago had to had a mini jcb in to dig it all out (turf was £1000 rest was all other work they had done)

but is really impressive so soft on feet very very low maintenance. at the time before it all my dad had not been well and in hospital for a spell so that was put in to make his life easier, overall.

and have to say very very impressed with it :D

basil 👍

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Basil said:

all my dad had not been well and in hospital 

Sorry to hear that @Basil, hope he's doing better now mate?

24 minutes ago, Basil said:

so that was put in to make his life easier, overall

Sure does make life easier, I absolutely love it! No more lawnmower- sold it after we moved into our new home few years back

No looking back 😁

jDA2I0SAErR28.gif.e1fd447b7328f84060ee0fd867dd858c.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Sorry to hear that @Basil, hope he's doing better now mate?

Sure does make life easier, I absolutely love it! No more lawnmower- sold it after we moved into our new home few years back

No looking back 😁

jDA2I0SAErR28.gif.e1fd447b7328f84060ee0fd867dd858c.gif

yes hes all good now thanks for asking👍

just shuffles around bit more now but he is 80 now :D

i was just working it all out he used to spend about an 1hr doing all the grass front and rear (front got block paved) and he hasnt done that for about 4 years now thats heck of alot of hrs back i reckon.

worth every penny me thinks :D

basil :D

• Like 5

Just now, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Scary Hair

giphy.gif

I see you, hope your week has been well despite being a busy 🐝 

I Love Heart GIF by aaf.nyc

LOVE your way .

CRAZY week and Weekend .

Had my hrs increased to 10 a week on job 1 that I love so thats going to be interesting The Tea Woman GIF

Reassessing EVERYTHING in 4 weeks . just got to hang in a bit longer Feel Better Get Well Soon GIF by Chippy the Dog

Mum has had badly swollen legs for 4 weeks now Docs gave her a wash for her legs so every day been going up and using the wash and moisturising .

She is at high risk of leg ulcers so by butting the work in to avoid this is better than the ulcers .

I can remember my Grandma  having leg ulcers and Never want to see that again .

Yesterday Eye test and new bins needed glasses GIF Picking them and a pair of sunglasses up next weekend .

Sad that I have the sunglasses for the winter months snow and wet roads with the suns glare on it road driving GIF by nclas I hate driving in that with no shades .

Found his car service book today harrison ford GIF by Star Wars ,  mine is still missing I can live he was on the ceiling over his ,

Now in the mean time I am here and catching up around the site , Dont tell anyone excited and waiting to renew the banner when we can Yesssss Yes GIF

HOW are you doing Lord @Hollywood E Rock 200.gif

• Like 2

I wasn't aware of how much fun it's to be here reading, responding, or participating, until these last two weeks. Following the life here.

During this time, I've had a lot of work, and I needed to focus 120%. Don't think about other things, and don't stop. If you are a professional, you have to do things well, and sometimes disconnecting is necessary.

And even though I used to come in here the same, when I realized it, I was spending too much time, more than I had. And worse than this: then my head was full of interesting things to follow. And I decided to enter very little, or almost not to enter. 

This place is a big distraction.

Fortunately, now everything returns to normal, some days with more time to have fun, others with less, but normal.

But now I value much more and much better the time I have to be here. 

This place is a fun place, and it is missed when you can't get in. ;) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

I wasn't aware of how much fun it's to be here reading, responding, or participating, until these last two weeks. Following the life here.

During this time, I've had a lot of work, and I needed to focus 120%. Don't think about other things, and don't stop. If you are a professional, you have to do things well, and sometimes disconnecting is necessary.

And even though I used to come in here the same, when I realized it, I was spending too much time, more than I had. And worse than this: then my head was full of interesting things to follow. And I decided to enter very little, or almost not to enter. 

This place is a big distraction.

Fortunately, now everything returns to normal, some days with more time to have fun, others with less, but normal.

But now I value much more and much better the time I have to be here. 

This place is a fun place, and it is missed when you can't get in. ;) 

image.gif.ba2eb31fd05bb2df99ec7d65f5cc4b56.gif

• Like 4