MLIFE A Writer's Odyssey (MLIFE Exclusive #55) (Scanavo Case Blu-ray) [China]

ksosk

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, WesternBronco said:

When you fill out the form you can specify how many copies you want. I don't know if MP will be restricted to a certain # of copies but you put in your request!

Yes. But when I signed the first edition, the BS had not yet appeared. that's why I signed up a second time.

I thought that the first part of the movie was not so great, but near the middle I started to be in it and found it pretty entertaining and the characters are interesting.

I think it spoke more to the gamer than I am more than the movie lover. Watched it on YouTube, the quality was okish and some of the CGI really looked poor, but after looking a 4K preview, it is looking much, much better.

I'm definitely in for this, the boxset is too beautiful to miss and I'd love to see the movie in 4K!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mz90 said:

Never even heard of this

Still, It's bloody gorgeous and I've jumped in the GB, am I doing this right? 😁

@Mz90 I do not see your name on the list, you need to hit the GREEN button here: MLIFE GB : [ OPEN ] A Writer's Odyssey (MLIFE Exclusive #55) (Scanavo Case Blu-ray) [China]

EXAMPLE:

A Writer's Odyssey - MLIFE #55 Blu-ray Full-Slip - Requests Open

then put in your country, then one of these 

• HUB Premium Service (loss coverage / only available for USA, Canada, Mexico & NL)
  • HUB Regular Service (non Premium)

Then 

• Confirmation Order REQUIRED
    • I agree
  • Send
  • then hit SEND
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Mz90 I do not see your name on the list, you need to hit the GREEN button here: MLIFE GB : [ OPEN ] A Writer's Odyssey (MLIFE Exclusive #55) (Scanavo Case Blu-ray) [China]

EXAMPLE:

A Writer's Odyssey - MLIFE #55 Blu-ray Full-Slip - Requests Open

then put in your country, then one of these 

• HUB Premium Service (loss coverage / only available for USA, Canada, Mexico & NL)
  • HUB Regular Service (non Premium)

Then 

• Confirmation Order REQUIRED
    • I agree
  • Send
  • then hit SEND

Just doubled checked the thread there, showing my request second from last? Have I not completed the form correctly? Looks like the list hasn't been updated but my request is there. Don't want to put it through twice if I can avoid it!

Edited by Mz90
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mz90 said:

Just doubled checked the thread there, showing my request second from last? Have I not completed the form correctly? Looks like the list hasn't been updated but my request is there. Don't want to put it through twice if I can avoid it!

Forgive me @Mz90 I was looking at the GB Participation List not Gipsy Danger… YOU ARE FINE! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just watched the movie and it's so great, fun, action scenes are perfect in Imax ... the visuals for this edition are perfect and match with some scene & decor.

Found the movie on a website ... It has many long IMAX scenes, so accurate . Actually when you're in the dream & fantasy world, it's in IMAX , so need 3D on bluray.

I will be very frustrated if I can't get a copy on the GB ... so fingers crossed, still have hope :) 

• Like 3

Awards

and nearly 3 kilos weight. random director's autograph's poster in it, total more than 100 copies. good luck for your guys. thanks for loving this box. and director Lu Yang likes this package and discs very much.

about 3D, director and i think no more new 3D TV produced and put in the market, so decide to cancel the 3D blu-ray.

additional info,  audio is mandarin dialect dolby atmos, and 4K UHD presented in Dolby Vision.

before the main feature of black & white is a director's introduction about why he wants this version.

disc 2: both imax version and normal version in it, seamless 2 versions. over 20 mins IMAX sequence than normal version. in the normal version all the present world is 2.35:1 and fantasy world is 1.85:1, and in imax version there is over 20 mins 1.85:1 ratio on present world(actually it is a little strange for his original purpose).

007U1zjtly1gudrp9ffjaj610r0z5dxa02.jpg

• Like 13

Awards

21 minutes ago, Tristan_Wang said:

and nearly 3 kilos weight. random director's autograph's poster in it, total more than 100 copies. good luck for your guys. thanks for loving this box. and director Lu Yang likes this package and discs very much.

about 3D, director and i think no more new 3D TV produced and put in the market, so decide to cancel the 3D blu-ray.

additional info,  audio is mandarin dialect dolby atmos, and 4K UHD presented in Dolby Vision.

before the main feature of black & white is a director's introduction about why he wants this version.

Can't wait to see this in Dolby Vision!

• Like 3

Awards

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Tristan_Wang:

disc 2: both imax version and normal version in it, seamless 2 versions. over 20 mins IMAX sequence than normal version. in the normal version all the present world is 2.35:1 and fantasy world is 1.85:1, and in imax version there is over 20 mins 1.85:1 ratio on present world(actually it is a little strange for his original purpose).

Awesome package and I am really looking forward to the black & white version.

Also curious to know more about the directors intent with this version. So will the introduction be subtitled?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hal56 said:

Awesome package and I am really looking forward to the black & white version.

Also curious to know more about the directors intent with this version. So will the introduction be subtitled?

hahaha, sorry no sub, but i think ksosk will translate for you.  or i translate for you, just one minute short video

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Tristan_Wang said:

Hi @Tristan_Wang I'm super excited about this release and greatly looking forward to it. As a 3d enthusiast I would have loved to have a 3d disc (3d still has a very loyal following who seek out 3d discs from all over the world) but I understand the reasons why this maybe wasn't feasible. Regardless, I will be thrilled to have this in my collection. Thanks

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Hi @Tristan_Wang I'm super excited about this release and greatly looking forward to it. As a 3d enthusiast I would have loved to have a 3d disc (3d still has a very loyal following who seek out 3d discs from all over the world) but I understand the reasons why this maybe wasn't feasible. Regardless, I will be thrilled to have this in my collection. Thanks

thanks for understanding, my editor is a 3d enthusiast too, he tries to persuade me, and failed. but i understand him, especially the 3d of this title presented very nice in imax 3d theater.

thanks again for your support

• Like 7

Awards

27 minutes ago, Tristan_Wang said:

thanks for understanding, my editor is a 3d enthusiast too, he tries to persuade me, and failed. but i understand him, especially the 3d of this title presented very nice in imax 3d theater.

We are all enthusiasts. I don't think any of us have been exposed to the movie before. We are buying this because we love what you are doing with it. I ordered already, but I would love it even more if a 3D disc (with English subs) is included. I bought the last and best 3D TV for all the 3D editions that made it to disc. They matter more to me than 4K or HDR. 

• Like 6

Awards

12 hours ago, Tristan_Wang said:

Thanks for sharing your thought process Tristan. There is still a market for 3d, a niche one obviously, but hardcore. 3d offers an experience that no other format can provide and that still excites.

Enthusiasts will pay top dollar for 3d and Disney/Marvel has taken advantage of that by charging $80 for Black Widow 3d over in Japan.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/Black-Widow-4K-and-3D-Blu-ray/dp/B09C22ZV9B?tag=bluraycom-22&linkCode=xm2&m=AN1VRQENFRJN5

Random Space Media have also had success in Australia recently, shifting thousands of copies of Jumanji The Next Level years after its cinema run and 4k release.
Screenshot-20210726-102652.png

I am certain the market would sustain a 3d release of Odyssey.

Anyway, I don’t want to flog a dead horse or cast a shadow over your release. Best of luck with it. The art direction is astounding. I can only hope your editor works on their powers of persuasion next time around!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1