IGNORED

UHD CLUB E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (UHD CLUB UC #16) (Hardbox Digipak) (4K+??) [China]

ksosk

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I've not opened mine yet, but as I've had some time to compare and think about it with both Jaws and ET in-hand I can't help but come to the conclusion they should've been normal DP releases. The boxes are cool as they are, don't get me wrong, but really, let the real wood boxes have these dimensions exclusively and make the rest like the other DPs.

2 distinctly different lines and digipacks are plenty to make UC stand out.

• Like 5

Awards

I don't know if it's allowed but I made a video of the box for those who want to see more 😉

It's in French but a picture is worth a thousand words

And by the way I confirm that the black cardboard inside is unworthy of UHD Club, it is clearly not details that we like to see

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Zeeeell said:

I don't know if it's allowed but I made a video of the box for those who want to see more 😉

It's in French but a picture is worth a thousand words

And by the way I confirm that the black cardboard inside is unworthy of UHD Club, it is clearly not details that we like to see

Very nice review 👍

Absolutely no problem posting such videos here, the more the better.

Feedback is important, whether good or bad and I’m hopeful UC will heed the feedback regarding the quality of the box interior.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, tr0llhatt said:

I can't help but come to the conclusion they should've been normal DP releases.

This was my exact thoughts after opening

I think they'd be better off sticking to the small wood boxes like kung fu hustle. Imo those are their best packaging yet, small, elegant, unique and cheaper than these giant boxes

• Like 7

Just now, Intentcoin said:

This was my exact thoughts after opening

I think they'd be better off sticking to the small wood boxes like kung fu hustle. Imo those are their best packaging yet, small, elegant, unique and cheaper than these giant boxes

As much as I’d love to see these wooden boxes make a comeback, it is highly unlikely as @ksosk already mentioned.

So far the only UC releases I own are the wooden BR and Kung fu Hustle, but I’m looking forward to my first digipak, Farewell My Concubine - should be a stunner 😍

• Like 3

14 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

As much as I’d love to see these wooden boxes make a comeback, it is highly unlikely as @ksosk already mentioned.

I know he mentioned something about it, but I don't remember where or what though I'm assuming it's in large part due to cost of and working with wood.

The rather simple solution (in my opinion) is the same that's been brought up before in regards to the limited editions we like to collect;
MOD - Made on demand

Some people don't like it and for steels it's kind of a moot point anyway since Scanavo requires a minimum order of 2000 steels or so, but UC (and MAG) is way better suited for doing MOD editions for more costly alternatives like the BR wood boxes.

• Like 1

Awards

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ryanbsmith said:

Opened up this one tonight and was disappointed to find this blank spot where the card should be. 😔 @ksosk is there a way to remedy this?

Also as mentioned by others the quality of the insert is really poor. This is my first UHD Club purchase and it’s kind of a mixed bag.

810B5121-84D6-446D-A865-AEC3FB4FC180.jpeg

The card was actually included outside of the packaging in the shipping box. Did you check for it in there? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ryanbsmith said:

Opened up this one tonight and was disappointed to find this blank spot where the card should be. 😔 @ksosk is there a way to remedy this?

Also as mentioned by others the quality of the insert is really poor. This is my first UHD Club purchase and it’s kind of a mixed bag.

810B5121-84D6-446D-A865-AEC3FB4FC180.jpeg

This is in most UC releases. The metal card is seperate and usually included in the packaging. This Boxset along with Jaws is a masterpiece. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FlanInTheFace said:

The card was actually included outside of the packaging in the shipping box. Did you check for it in there? 

Oh boy. I haven't opened mine yet but I can't remember if I found a card in the box or not 😬

Hopefully it's sitting on top of the edition or else I'm going to hate myself

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Oh boy. I haven't opened mine yet but I can't remember if I found a card in the box or not 😬

Hopefully it's sitting on top of the edition or else I'm going to hate myself

Lol yea it was in the shipping box floating around. It’s metal so I dont think you would have missed it?

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
9 hours ago, FlanInTheFace said:

yep was in every box shipped.  Since we had an issue with another Release being "mixed up" i have opened up the shipping box to make sure the card is in there.

I HOPE you guys "find it" cause that would really be a shame .

I to dont see anyone being able to miss it.  Some were on the side of the box so between the foam and the outer box... they slipped from the top to the side.

Take care

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
33 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Is everyone happy with this UHD Club Edition?  For some reason, I can't get past the box.  The watercolor style just isn't hitting me.  The tone of the box doesn't match the tone of the movie or the inside for me.   What am I missing?

really ?  I think that is the best thing about it , the water color style ... i guess taste are very different ...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Is everyone happy with this UHD Club Edition?  For some reason, I can't get past the box.  The watercolor style just isn't hitting me.  The tone of the box doesn't match the tone of the movie or the inside for me.   What am I missing?

Love it.  I’m hoping we can eventually get hold of the Les Miserables box too.  Similar style, quality art and will compliment this ET set nicely.

• Like 1

Awards

3 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I absolutely looooove this edition!!... It looks amazing to me... 😎^_^

As you say, maybe not yor style/colors... ^_^

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

I absolutely looooove this edition!!... It looks amazing to me... 😎^_^

As you say, maybe not yor style/colors... ^_^

bad bad bad psychos . . . look what you made me do . . . Joined GB . . . take my money and mail me joy.  

I think the box colors and the design are beautiful, that's not my wonderment.  It's the connection to the movie that I am missing.  

Not that the box has to specifically go with the movie, I get it.  In fact it's cool when it doesn't sometimes.  But my cinemaphilia is twitching.

My mom worked at the mall when I was a boy.  So, I roamed the mall for 6 hours a day sometimes.  When E.T. came out, I saw it around 30 times that year.  I can't for the life of me think of a scene with watercolors in it.  Maybe in Eliot's room?  It's been a bit.  I feel like it's something obvious I'm missing.   Too lazy to watch it again just to see. 

Or it could just be a pretty box.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1