extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, RileyLad said:

I'm happy to go with the flow of whatever you guys decide but I do have a suggestion....

I think we should stick to the way of predicting the final score after full/extra time with the current points system.

But if it goes to penalties we open a bonus round to guess the score after penalties.

This way it makes the penalties more exciting and is also a chance for more points. This will help for people lower in the ranks to catch up. Also a bonus chance for those who are actually watching the game.

I understand opening a separate section just to record penalties predictions at this stage may be difficult, but the way around that would be after the final whistle at full time we all write our penalty predictions here in this thread.

For example

Final whistle blows. We all write our penalty predictions here in this thread.

Example-

Wales 4 Denmark 5 

(Not adding the goals on from the actual game - just the penalty score)

You have until the first penalty is taken to write in you penalty prediction. Anyone who's prediction comes after the first penalty is void.

The points will be logged by a admin then all added on at the end of the current system - or as we go along if that can be done?

What does everyone think to that?

Mirrors partly how I do the predictions with my brother, but we only do them on paper not online, so really simple.

The problem here is that it is to much work and also who in there right mind wants to see all the games and post penality predictions later 🤣. I wish that would be possible in advance in our online prediction.

Another thing I would actually love to change is the points for goal difference, I find that rather pointless. On my other game (again 😅) you get 1 point if you predicted the correct goal amount of a team, so even if you predicted the wrong team to win you might score a point for the goal amount. I find it actually much harder to get the goal amount right then the goal difference....

Anyway another problem I see is that we can't really change the rules this close before the next game, not all players would notice. From what I read a lot of the regular football fans would prefer vote for after extra time. I would propose we leave the game as it is now and for the world cup next year we open a vote a few weeks before the start and can decide on the rules for that tournement.

And now give me those points

207795.gif

• Like 8

I think we should just go for After penalties this time because that's how it's established. We shouldn't change last minute.

I prefer after 90 min, though because I am used to that from other tippspiels. There is still next year for World Cup we can change to after 90 or 120 minutes if people wish?

• Like 1

I personally think that the rules of the prediction contest established by Tom that we had on the CL
is the best possible formula
3 points if we get the right score and the right winner 
1 point just if we have the right winner
and that's it
then on the knockout stages the prediction stops after 90 minutes 

now as Nils says the rules are what they are
and changing them so soon before the first match would not be fair to all participating members 
some will not see them 
so let's go like this 👍, even if it looks more like a lottery in case a match goes to penalties 😅

• Like 4

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Veum:

@hal56 Helmut why is it so complicated on a off-sides... still not very clear to me? 🤔 

Well thats the easy explanation. we havent even talked if a player is actively involved in a potential off-side situation or not.

Its hard to understand theoretically. Its learning by seeing really.

Edited by hal56
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Veum said:

@hal56 Helmut why is it so complicated on a off-sides... still not very clear to me? 🤔 

It's easy once you know but quite hard to explain. Sorry but I can't be bothered to type it all out. Fair play to Helmut @hal56 for trying...

Here it is explained in a youtube video in under 2 minutes....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Veum said:

I really do not understand where an off-side starts... can anyone enlighten me? 🧐 

12 minutes ago, hal56 said:

a player is offside when any part of his body you are allowed to shoot a goal with is nearer to the opponets goal then both the ball and

the second last player of the opponents.

9 minutes ago, Veum said:

1 minute ago, hal56 said:

Well thats the easy explanation. we havent even talked if a player is actively involved in a potential off-side situation or not.

Its hard to understand theoretically. Its learning by seeing really.

futbol for dummies cheat sheet...

Dummy GIF by memecandy

1. Sports
  2. Soccer
  3. What Is the Offside Rule in Soccer?

What Is the Offside Rule in Soccer?

share-icon.png

By Thomas Dunmore, Scott Murray

Part of  Soccer For Dummies Cheat Sheet 

The offside rule is the most debated soccer principle (no matter where the game is played), even though what is known as Law 11 isn’t terribly difficult to grasp. Here’s what offside is all about:

A player is caught offside if he’s nearer to the opponent’s goal than both the ball and the second-last opponent (including the goalkeeper) when his team-mate plays the ball to him. In other words, a player can’t receive the ball from a team-mate unless there are at least two players either level with him or between him and the goal or unless his team-mate plays the ball backwards to him.

It’s not an offense in itself to be offside. A player is only penalized for being offside if he is deemed to be involved in active play. So a player can only be called offside if he is:

• In the opposition’s half.

• Interfering with play (that is, he’s part of the attacking move).

• Interfering with an opponent (that is, he’s preventing the opponent from defending against the attacking move).

• Gaining any advantage by being in that position.

A player can’t be offside from a goal kick, throw in, or corner.

image0.jpg

• Like 1