Parasite (Injoingan Exclusive) (4K UHD/2D WEA Steelbook) [Korea]

R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Only thing I like about this release is Fullslip A. The steel doesn't look great tbh so I'm perfectly content with my soon to arrive Criterion edition, which for my money is the best release for this film so far (don't care that it doesn't have 4K).

CJ Entertainment will also release a digipak edition for this movie (Blu-ray only)

71-E5-BA10-2-D9-C-445-D-90-C3-3-B96668-D

Yup. Agree, Will just get the Criterion release. Also do not care it is not 4K.

8 hours ago, Parzival said:

When you say best release, I presume you are referring to all the extras, Director approved interviews / commentary etc .

I am guessing you did not mean picture quality. The 4k release would still be better on that front 

Not necessarily.

1 minute ago, Robertm89 said:

Because we don't know if we are gonna get another premium release, I've went for it anyways I like the slips and hope the steel is better in hand..

Each to there own but I think Criterion releases are very overrated.

All good. Curious, which one did you pick?

The Wailing was a gorgeous release especially the Holofoil effect on the Fullslip and the steelbook was gorgeous not glossy though but great nonetheless. 

I feel like we have to see this steelbook on video to really see it I cant really make out anything from the BS 😅 but we will see. I think I will go for Slip A

But I want that Photobook 😭 on slip B but I have the Zavvi steelbook with the same Art 

Edited by mjk

The strange thing is that in theory, as indicated on their website, Plain Archive collaborated in the design of the French collectors "coffret", and this one, which is the Korean edition, and was expected to be the best in the world ... they use art previously used in other editions of the film and/or its soundtrack.

And there is no trace of any collaboration, or anything special that you can't see in this type of edition in Korea regularly.

This doesn't mean that it is a bad edition, no..., it's a gopod edition, and I'm already in the GB with Option A; but ... it's true -and normal- that it causes some disappointment, because with the good Korean editions that are usually done, and speaking of its most relevant film in decades, with all the worldwide box office success, and all the big awards ... something more was expected than the same collector's edition than a typical and intrascedent film.

After said this, I understand that everyone edits and distributes what they can, and maybe they couldn't do more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I debated a bit but decided to join this for A+B. I passed on the French collector's release and as @ksosk has indicated there probably won't be any other premiums. I think these will be a lot nicer in hand than the beauty shots indicate. A one click box would have been cool, but I can live without it. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I debated a bit but decided to join this for A+B. I passed on the French collector's release and as @ksosk has indicated there probably won't be any other premiums. I think these will be a lot nicer in hand than the beauty shots indicate. A one click box would have been cool, but I can live without it. 

It's true. With an One click special designed box they would have solved a good part of the bad -or disappointed- feelings of people. And we would have bought more than one, instead of just one single edition.

As I said, I like Option A, and Option B doesn't seem bad. Neither is.

What surprises me is that in this situation and in front of this important release they have put the automatic pilot.

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, Casiusco said:

What surprises me is that in this situation and in front of this important release they have put the automatic pilot.

Ok, to help you lot understand why this isn't the most perfect release on Earth I've obtained a transcript of the negotiations between the retailer and studio to give you an "inside peek" at how the sausage gets made.

Telephone: Ring, Ring

Retailer: Hello this is [un-pronounceable name Asian retailer], I'd like to license your movie

Studio: Why? We already put out a DVD at Walmart and sold $100 million worth

Retailer: Yes, but ours will be a nice collector's edition

Studio: Ok, I guess some more money would be good. That will be 2 million dollar please

Retailer: We only have $50,000 😢

Studio: What! Why are you wasting our time?

Retailer: But this is for Asian market only. Only 2000 copies 😇

Studio: You PROMISE no copies will reach the North America or Europe?

Retailer: WE PROMISE! 😁🤞

Studio: Ok, but you have to use the shittiest artwork we have

Retailer: No problem!

Studio: Anything else?

Retailer: Yes, we'd like to make a one-click box

Studio: WTF is that? 

Retailer: Well, it's this outer case that's...

Studio: CLICK

Retailer: Hello? Hello?

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

• ★ Administrators ★

@chucktatumI was actually only given a few hours to open the GB but i left it overnight.

I have submitted our orders already.

I can't confirm if there will be more stock.

You may find it on some korean retailer sites like weet or novamedia.

I dont know how much stock they will have.

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, ksosk said:

@chucktatumI was actually only given a few hours to open the GB but i left it overnight.

I have submitted our orders already.

I can't confirm if there will be more stock.

You may find it on some korean retailer sites like weet or novamedia.

I dont know how much stock they will have.

I kept babbling about the Art and forgot to put my request 😭 any chance of a waiting list ?

• Sad 1