IGNORED

Come and get one in the yarbles!

Hi there, I’m not an addict. I haven’t yet got that bug many here have. Live in the south of England and my first film at the cinema was Raiders - hint to my age 😉.

I found interest in SteelBooks just recently, then saw that I’d missed all these more limited and great releases.  I’d never heard of GB... my thanks to @romeroland for making his videos which led me to this Asylum.

This doesn’t seem a community full of expert collectors angry with the ignorance shown by the novice, so look forward to joining in asking Qs without being told to G**gle it or check the posts! (That said, I’ve enjoyed the guidelines for newbies here and can’t wait for that first GB).

Happy to unwrap and enjoy! 

0CD2AA2E-D3AF-4FBF-A7DF-F3E6DE89A92B.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KubricksYarbles said:

Hi there, I’m not an addict. I haven’t yet got that bug many here have. Live in the south of England and my first film at the cinema was Raiders - hint to my age 😉.

I found interest in SteelBooks just recently, then saw that I’d missed all these more limited and great releases.  I’d never heard of GB... my thanks to @romeroland for making his videos which led me to this Asylum.

This doesn’t seem a community full of expert collectors angry with the ignorance shown by the novice, so look forward to joining in asking Qs without being told to G**gle it or check the posts! (That said, I’ve enjoyed the guidelines for newbies here and can’t wait for that first GB).

Howdy @KubricksYarblesI’m so glad you found us here at MP, Welcome my friend!😊🤠😇😷

I hope your stay here will be a fun and enjoyable one for you!! 😉

Yeah, I hear you, I’m a collector too that started w/Best Buy/Target exclusives that really got me into the Premium editions (I started way back though  & gradually upgraded from VHS to DVD to BD to 4K oh my 🤣). then I was fortunate to find out about this terrific forum MP from another forum I followed & MP took over my #1 place since March ‘19 hey 👋 

collector GIF

I’m who is referred to as the “consigliere” on MP and the Ol’ American guy 😆 (Ol’ Veum is me) because I do enjoy communicating with all the peeps!😊

al pacino GIF  old statler and waldorf GIF

Hold fast to your wallet as your money will be spent quite a lot lol!😜

No Money Confused Travolta GIF

If you ever need any help just tag a Head Psycho, Staff or one of us Guardians like this @Veum (make sure you use the @ plus the members name you want and make sure you use the @ w/the BLUE as it gets our attention!). 😁

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

@KubricksYarbles

Thanks for the nice introduction and props to our esteemed @romeroland for introducing you to this fine community of like-minded droogs 😁

No need to worry about getting one in the yarbles (if you have any yarbles 😜) you will find the members and staff here accommodating (within reason 😉) and always ready to help with any questions or inquiries.

Welcome to the party, droogie

large orange GIF

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 2

Hellooooooo @KubricksYarbles & welcome aboard Sir. 🧐🍻

I am not familiar with other sites/communities (though I can imagine the ignorance you mention) since I was lucky enough to find MP from the outset. It’s been so warm & cozy here, that I have never strayed! 😁

Its been such a friendly and fun place to be since day one, and though there has been Multiple changes across the site, the staff & the members, I can honestly say it has only gotten better along the way. Props to the Big Dog @Masterblaster for keeping it fresh, fun & familiar throughout. 👍🏼

The dudes above @Veum & @R1s1ngs0n do a Stirling job and are almost always to hand if you need help. 👌🏼

Some of the rest of the UK crew that you will undoubtably encounter very soon, are @Scary Hair @Basil @ukade2327 @Robertm89 @RileyLad @StrikerEureka79 @blu.steel33 @Michael hillaby @ianmoore82 Though be warned, I’m not convinced that some of them are all the ticket if you know what I mean 🤭😉

giphy.gif

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KubricksYarbles said:

It’s only been a day @R1s1ngs0n and @Pbsw23 and I know this is the place to be 👍

Why don’t you go take a look at ol’ master goose’s thread and see maybe he can fix you with a nice sig 😉

https://mediapsychos.com/forum/386-goose_3387-signaturesbanners-powered-by-mp/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KubricksYarbles said:

This seems to be a community distinct from others, mainly because we know it is difficult to grasp the GB idea at first, we know we have to have patience and we love to see others get excited about Premiums, I also believe we are different because unlike lets say Criterion, we have mainstream movies and some that will never see a criterion of one of those Boutique labels release. I have encountered movie collectors that will try to shame you for liking a mainstream movie, and we don't see that here as much. So enjoy the trip, you most likely will be here for the long haul and hopefully you can share that excitement of receiving your first item from a GB! 

P.S. Thank you for watching my videos!

• Like 5

@Pbsw23 thanks for the tag my friend...

@KubricksYarbles Welcome my friend and hope your stay here at MP is a enjoyable but fun experience for you... as it has for me.

You will get the collecting bug very soon since I been here I not stopped and very soon I am going to need a new but bigger cabinet(s) to store more of my collection I have.. check out my collection you find it under my banner.. check it out then let me know what you think my friend.

You got any GB(s) you got in mind you want to join?

Edited by StrikerEureka79
  • Like 1

@StrikerEureka79 you’re doing well, and at a place I really think I’d love to be with your collection. Kudo’s bud.

Although only a day into MP I’ve committed to Joker from HDZeta, so fingers 🤞I’ll get to be part of that, albeit late to the party Fantastic film imo 🤡

Nice to hear from you and hope we can keep in touch while I join the journey! I already know this is a long term thang!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KubricksYarbles said:

@StrikerEureka79 you’re doing well, and at a place I really think I’d love to be with your collection. Kudo’s bud.

Although only a day into MP I’ve committed to Joker from HDZeta, so fingers 🤞I’ll get to be part of that, albeit late to the party Fantastic film imo 🤡

Nice to hear from you and hope we can keep in touch while I join the journey! I already know this is a long term thang!

Thank you my friend... much appreciated. If you want to stay with my collection go back into the page and at the top right hand side of the page you can follow me..

good choice mate I have joined the HDzeta birds of prey at the moment. You definitely get a copy of one as MP don’t normally have any problems at all getting all copies for members when it comes to HDzeta editions.

Yes it is a long term thing and not a easy hobby to get put off...enjoy my friend...

Edited by StrikerEureka79
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to MP @KubricksYarbles your most certainly in the right place as the others have said 👆👆 any questions pal we are only a message away. Look forward to seeing you pop up in the English room soon. 

Great choice of movie for your first GB, totally agree with you the film is fantastic, take care mate and speak soon 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KubricksYarbles said:

BELIVE ME WHEN I SAY

FOR HdZ MP IS THE PLACE TO BE 

beach boys relax GIF

Uh Huh Reaction GIF

• Like 1

Good morning @KubricksYarbles

What can I say that already hasn't been said by our awesome community here on MP 😁

Other than...   

l0MYGb1LuZ3n7dRnO.gif.7a4229c4ad40cdfde3ffcadcb1ec2e1b.gif

Your going to fit right into the English room if you enjoy the occasional Gif and banter... 

And like @Scary Hair and @Robertm89 said, Media Psycho's is the place to be for hot Hdzeta editions 

Welcome home son, welcome home..... 😂

lMyL6xAElcAeqDlkIp.gif.4009b190951b22c749409d833bf980ef.gif

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 1